[Official Thread] Baron Chen/River Chen - a.k.a Du Zifeng of "Bromance" (Taiwan Artist)

pechumori

6 hours ago, literatelush said:

I don't have anything to contribute on any of the forums I follow :( .  I'm swamped with deadlines. It's hard to be a grown up sometimes. Keke

no worries, @literatelush, your presence is more than enough.  :)

Here's the YouTube link to watch ep 5 of RTW. And you are right, he is happier now

• Replies 899
  • Created
  • Last Reply

River's latest photo updates at his official weibo account 5/6/16

my rough translation

Rookies. 从来没有用过双手剑,跟中国剑使力的方式不一样呀,比想像中的难,才感慨完没想到纯蒟蒻就给我安排用双手剑了,这都是命。而且还要和光头对决

Rookies. Have not used a two handed sword, the force is not the same as the Chinese sword, it is more difficult than I imagined, sighs, and did not expect that they would give me arrangements for the two handed sword, this is life. moreover, a showdown with a bald head.

(don't know if i got it right. i'm not very good with comments. please correct me if i'm wrong.)

6fbc4121gw1f3lzi2p6mvj20qo0zke81.jpg

He is holding the manga series "Rookies" (about baseball) and I guess referring to himself as a rookie in the art of kendo.

6fbc4121gw1f3lzi6mbf5j20hs0dcq9d.jpg

This is an image of the anime version of "Rurouni Kenshin" which is very popular in Japan.

6fbc4121gw1f3lzi62d9zj20uu18gteu.jpg

This is Emi Takei, the leading lady in the live action movie trilogy of "Rurouni Kenshin". In the series, Emi plays the role of Kaoru who teaches kendo in their family owned school.
(I'm just so happy now. I feel a slight connection between my two biases, River Chen and Takeru Sato who played the role of Rurouni Kenshin and also appeared in the live action version of  Rookies)

Spoiler

6fbc4121gw1f3lzi5aow1j21w02ioe81.jpg

Kobe cafe style cream cheese cake
according to a Taiwanese blog

"After it gets refrigerated it tastes a little bit like ice cream"
http://blog.fashionguide.com.tw/10276/posts/206660

6fbc4121gw1f3lzi0f4soj20hs0noqi1.jpg

the popular Japanese chocolate Royce ( in Maccha flavor )

@pechumori i love takeru sato as well hahahaa!! kawaii!

2 hours ago, pechumori said:

River's latest photo updates at his official weibo account 5/6/16

my rough translation

Rookies. 从来没有用过双手剑,跟中国剑使力的方式不一样呀,比想像中的难,才感慨完没想到纯蒟蒻就给我安排用双手剑了,这都是命。而且还要和光头对决

Rookies. Have not used a two handed sword, the force is not the same as the Chinese sword, it is more difficult than I imagined, sighs, and did not expect that they would give me arrangements for the two handed sword, this is life. moreover, a showdown with a bald head.

(don't know if i got it right. i'm not very good with comments. please correct me if i'm wrong.)

6fbc4121gw1f3lzi2p6mvj20qo0zke81.jpg

He is holding the manga series "Rookies" (about baseball) and I guess referring to himself as a rookie in the art of kendo.

6fbc4121gw1f3lzi6mbf5j20hs0dcq9d.jpg

This is an image of the anime version of "Rurouni Kenshin" which is very popular in Japan.

6fbc4121gw1f3lzi62d9zj20uu18gteu.jpg

This is Emi Takei, the leading lady in the live action movie trilogy of "Rurouni Kenshin". In the series, Emi plays the role of Kaoru who teaches kendo in their family owned school.
(I'm just so happy now. I feel a slight connection between my two biases, River Chen and Takeru Sato who played the role of Rurouni Kenshin and also appeared in the live action version of  Rookies)

Hide contents

6fbc4121gw1f3lzi5aow1j21w02ioe81.jpg

Kobe cafe style cream cheese cake
according to a Taiwanese blog

"After it gets refrigerated it tastes a little bit like ice cream"
http://blog.fashionguide.com.tw/10276/posts/206660

6fbc4121gw1f3lzi0f4soj20hs0noqi1.jpg

the popular Japanese chocolate Royce ( in Maccha flavor )

someones gonna have that chocolate and cream cheese cake back in taiwan..hahaha! 

3 hours ago, Brutaliskhero29OreHcziLztruV said:

someones gonna have that chocolate and cream cheese cake back in taiwan..hahaha! 

Already did because she baked the same thing recently (ahem) and M Coffee House Master's Special brew will pair better with the cream cheese cake than beer ;)

6 hours ago, Brutaliskhero29OreHcziLztruV said:

Yeah, @Brutaliskhero29OreHcziLztruV, you, me and @literatelush :)

32 minutes ago, Sheila Marie Green said:

HOPE YOU'LL LIKE THIS GUYS!!! HIRAP MAG ARAL NG PASTING AND POSTING HA!!!!

Love it @Sheila Marie Green! You can do it! (Here's an easier way: just use the right click of the mouse on the picture you want to copy then click "copy image", then paste it on the message box here)

Pictures of the new "Extraordinary Partners"

credit: @Y-叶疯疯

8d2e9196gw1f3m0q58qncj20hs0m8jso.jpg

8d2e9196gw1f3m0q7eyqyj20qp0hsjt5.jpg

Most of the news are about ZZ making a counter-attack and her fans are gloating at weibo. The articles are still referring to River and ZZ as "bickering lovers". :angry: Funny thing is this, at the #River Chen weibo comments, I saw two different people post very identical 3 sentence comments (word for word) against River and in praise of ZZ. So, I get it now, how most of those cyber bullies operate, they are all asked to post the same message with #River Chen, seems like they are behaving like robots. lol Can't they at least use their own minds to post even a short comment? :rolleyes:

3 minutes ago, pechumori said:

Most of the news are about ZZ making a counter-attack and her fans are gloating at weibo. The articles are still referring to River and ZZ as "bickering lovers". :angry: Funny thing is this, at the #River Chen weibo comments, I saw two different people post very identical 3 sentence comments (word for word) against River and in praise of ZZ. So, I get it now, how most of those cyber bullies operate, they are all asked to post the same message with #River Chen, seems like they are behaving like robots. lol Can't they at least use their own minds to post even a short comment? :rolleyes:

BOOT like hahahaha! nO brain just SPAMS Mode hahahaha! pity...

Another photo of River and Xiaotian
credit: @蝎子不要被少爷嫌弃

9748b03bgw1f3m0vx7xodj20qe0hlq5p.jpg

Okay, so maybe you'd be interested in a side story...about Leon Lai.

Spoiler

In the previous episodes, Leon has been very relaxed. He told Wang Meng before (remember the 15 mins. time spent looking for the swimming trunks), not to worry, because even if they were left behind, they will benefit a lot if they keep a good state of mind. However in the 5th episode, Leon not only got angry, throws a beverage bottle, tried to stop the recording and even kicked the props with his leg. This series of abnormal behavior had the netizens worrying.

From the video, it is not difficult to see that the other five groups already left the scene and only Leon and Wei Chen had to do the puzzle. From his body movements and facial expressions, with the passage of time, we can see that his irritable mood has set in. First, Leon throws a drinking bottle directly at the staff. Later he directly shouts "Cut" several times to stop the recording, advising his partner to rest for a while "we don't have to do this, think of our lives!"

Finally after completing the puzzle, the two of them can finally leave, but before that, he turns around and kicks the puzzle props to vent his suppressed anger. It seems the laid back, "leisurely king" was forced to become irritable to a certain extent in this game!

MAIN201605051026000098850700843.jpg

After that, in an interview, Leon said "From the shining sun to falling snowflakes, the temperature dropped to 10 degrees." It is understood that Leon's issue was that while they were still in the process of suffering with the puzzle pieces, some players have already reached the end and they were still stuck in the first pass. Therefore, many netizens had a good word to say about Leon's temper "trapped for so long, this anxiety can also be understood!"

http://ent.people.com.cn/n1/2016/0505/c1012-28327703.html

2 hours ago, pechumori said:

Getting first place is mostly 90% Xia Yi Ling's effort at the Judo challenge, she keeps on trying and trying until out of breath!  Ms Mole? She just sits there and act pretty! There's only ONE miserable scene where she tried (I'm sure her 'best') and then all the scenes are Yi Ling trying to pass the Judo challenge.  Later when they did, Ms Mole suddenly sprint like an Olympic wannabe and left Yi Ling far far behind until the camera can't even focus on her! Poor girl have to shout out "ZZ, wait for me!" and when she saw the camera was following closely at her, she stops at her track and wait for Yi Ling to catch up.  She doesn't need to run because the scores will only start when they put in the baton and they are already the first to arrive.  My question is, why she suddenly put in so much 'effort'?  Proving that she has been fooling around in the previous 4 episodes because of a male partner who will be charmed by her mole?  I guess Yi Lin has no choice but to give it all out because she doesn't want to be dragged down!

Unfortunately our hero is still getting bullied by the same bunch of morons on his every Weibo post and even on the official Extraordinary Partners Weibo page.  Yes, they work like this - #hashtag his name and then followed by the same negative message to spread across the China cyber world.  Totally no brainers! :angry:  As usual, the scene where Xiao Tian said there's a reason why Baron is lagging behind got edited out from the preview but the most interesting thing is what the narrator said about Ms Mole, "it's not that they are not capable, it's because you are not someone they take you seriously".  I suspect that Jiangsu TV station is trying to promote her because it's so obvious that even the Host is always on her side in choosing new partner.

What I like about this episode is how Wang Meng who is trying to struggle to complete the puzzle (the 2nd last) and yet she gave Wei Chen (Leon's partner) on how to get the puzzle done.  She knew a lot of time has been spent and to make up for the lost time, she ate 80% of the wasabi ice-cream because Ariel can't finish them until Wang Meng have stomach cramps at the Judo mission.  When she saw how Ariel was struggling and yelling out like trying to 'give birth' (Ariel said it herself) that Wang Meng have to give it all with the cramps to finish it off.  Now this is what team should be, the true spirit of a sportsman.

7 minutes ago, niq8803 said:

My question is, why she suddenly put in so much 'effort'?  Proving that she has been fooling around in the previous 4 episodes because of a male partner who will be charmed by her mole?

According to most of the news, after the two have been separated, they are now competing against each other. And, she can move quickly since her partner is a girl :P

13 minutes ago, niq8803 said:

I suspect that Jiangsu TV station is trying to promote her because it's so obvious that even the Host is always on her side in choosing new partner.

gosh, actually there are just so many pictures of her in the news. it's pretty obvious.

14 minutes ago, niq8803 said:

What I like about this episode is how Wang Meng who is trying to struggle to complete the puzzle (the 2nd last) and yet she gave Wei Chen (Leon's partner) on how to get the puzzle done.  She knew a lot of time has been spent and to make up for the lost time, she ate 80% of the wasabi ice-cream because Ariel can't finish them until Wang Meng have stomach cramps at the Judo mission.  When she saw how Ariel was struggling and yelling out like trying to 'give birth' (Ariel said it herself) that Wang Meng have to give it all with the cramps to finish it off.  Now this is what team should be, the true spirit of a sportsman.

thank you for the explanation @niq8803, i was wondering what flavor of ice cream that was and what caused the pain in Wang Meng's stomach. I thought she got hit during the Judo challenge.

As for me, I liked that part where Xiaotian wiped River's forehead for the game. Working as a team to finish the game as quickly as possible.

Trailer for Ep. 6 of Race the World to be aired on May 13

yess..I'm sooo happy that River finished at  3rd place.. and completed all the task with joy and happy face.. well done River.. keep the good spirit..we all will pray for you.. but the sad news is Zz finished at no 1.. huhh.. i don't see much effort from her .. its most of the time depend on Yi Ling.. sigh... I wish she can be pair with other male partner and we can see whether or not she will still maintain her soo called 'Superstar' image.. 

I remember someone hast posted that River and ZZ will team up as partner again in next episode.. oh.. this make me worried.

And I can't read River name on the chart...what no he is after 5th eps. I guess he is below ZZ.. 

14 minutes ago, azihan5 said:

And I can't read River name on the chart...what no he is after 5th eps. I guess he is below ZZ.. 

from no. 10 last week, he is now no. 9 @azihan5. i don't know the ranking of zz

He really looks happy
credit: @陈楚河后援会

68dae2e1gw1f3lxw155qgj20u00jywj5.jpg

68dae2e1gw1f3lxwhfy5aj20jy0u0jxl.jpg

Thank you @pechumori and @niq8803.   I like @azihan5 just felt really really happy to see him happy and having fun.   

I felt badly for the last team I wonder why they didn't just award a penalty and move them on.  I don't know much about Ariel but I am impressed with her.  I also found Yi Ling's facial expressions hilarious during the interview.  Don't understand what is being said but I could see when ZZ was talking she really tried hard to have a blank or pleasant face but occasionally it would slip.  

In contrast you could see the easy and fun interaction between River and his partner.  

Archived