[Mainland Chinese Drama 2016] Love O2O 微微一笑很倾城

sugarplum892

Spoiler

Now that you mention I do remember that talk between them.yy really understood her stance.Zs carries very pessimistic approach towards life.But glad that they got chance to work together. They make a great pair.

I read somewhere in 1st season even Zhang han cried remembering zs.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Emerald Snow said:

This novel is also my favorite Gu Man novel.  There's just something about the world of online wuxia gaming that's just so appealing...could be just the wuxia fanatic in me speaking.  

I've said it before, and I'll say it again.  YANG YANG IS XIAO NAI.  Zheng Shuang is growing on me as Wei Wei, and I can't wait to see more of this sappy goosebump-inducing drama.  

I made my boyfriend watch the first episode again with me...and now he's hooked!  Guys can secretly be sappy too I guess.  He said the level of humor in the drama is bearable and not too fake like some other dramas.  He especially enjoys YY scenes...I think he might secretly be in love with Yang Yang. -_- 

Lol, even though it's romantic, a good drama is a good drama. Your boyfriend has great taste! I feel like this series is so well done that many people would enjoy it -besides the irresistable main romance, there's also bromance, sister-ship, witty dialogue, and plenty of scenes that pay homage to online gaming.

• Like 6

Just watched Episodes 13 and 14 with subs. My God, what exactly is this witchcraft? A Chinese live action adaptation that gives me the exact feelings I had reading the source material? Don't think I've ever felt this way before. Shan Shan came pretty close until Li Shu became more prominent. Silent Separation as well until the 2nd lead became more prominent.

Hmm, I'm beginning to see the common link. I'm praying Spoiled Brat #1 and River don't spoil this for me by becoming any more prominent.

About the episodes so far, I just adore how you can see the upward progression of XN's feelings for WW quite clearly. I dare say he didn't quite like like her when they got married. He was intrigued for sure, he was interested. Hence, his stalkerish behavior. But I think by the time of the accident, he was quite gone. In fact, I think the accident made him realize that meeting in rl was probably the way to go. He lost contact with her after the accident, and even though he knew who she was in rl, I don't think he wanted to meet her face to face without her consent.

By Episode 12 though, I believe he was far gone, even if his facial expressions hadn't quite caught up to his feelings. Just look how proud he looks when he introduces her to his friends. Plus I believe at this point he was all about going slow.

Let's not even talk about by Episode 17 where it's like he's flying at every word she utters. And to think his feelings are only going to grow more and more from here. WHERE ON EARTH CAN I GET MYSELF A XN?!!

*Deep breath*

Okay, I'm calm now. I'm going back to re-watch Episodes 11 to 14 :flushed:

• Like 11

7 hours ago, evie2016 said:

More spoilers clip

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVXvgu3dseE

Wow! So many kisses. :blush:

The guy who's afraid of girl is so funny. :lol:

Oh my lord...:flushed:, didn't except Yang Yang to be such a good kisser too -is there anything that Yang Yang Da Shen can't do? Rarely do I see Asian male actors kiss so beautifully. I give Yang Yang a solid 10!!!

• Like 10

3 hours ago, Emerald Snow said:

I haven't watched the whole thing yet, just bits and pieces.  

Hide contents

In the last episode, there was a part where they could choose to sit down with one person to have a heart-to-heart conversation.  Yang Yang chose Zheng Shuang, and there was another actress who chose ZS as well.  During their conversation you could tell she tries to be independent and not have to depend on anyone else.  Jing Bao also said that he was afraid that her personality might rub people the wrong way initially because she keeps to herself and does not express herself well.  It could be due to her upbringing where she mentioned that she moved around a lot when she was younger so she never really stayed long enough in one place to make friends.  Then when she got a bit older, dating Zhang Han was all she did.  She didn't really pick up any big projects while with him, so that probably stunted her social growth.  He seemed like a protective and caring boyfriend, but maybe because of that she never really got to experience a normal social life.  When you don't have many friends to begin with and your whole world revolves around one person, it's very hard to pick yourself back up after a break up.  I honestly feel really sorry for her and wish that she had more friends to rely on in times of need.

Since the show focused on ZS and JB as a couple, and YY and Ivy Chen as a couple, it didn't really show that many scenes of YY and ZS except for when they were in disagreement.  There were probably a lot of scenes of them that were cut out for the purpose of the show, but it probably was true that YY was hurt due to how ZS seemed unapologetic/nonchalant.  During their conversation he brought it up, and she explained that she's not good at expressing herself, leading to misunderstandings.  She also complimented him and his sunshine attitude, how she thinks of him as a good friend now, and how great it would be to collaborate with him in future projects.  And then right after that, they were casted in this drama.  They ended the conversation by a big hug and walked off holding hands.  I think by this point, they are probably pretty good friends.  

The shipper in me was hoping for more, but with ZS so reserved and probably afraid of his fans (who are known to be quite vicious), they never seem close in public.  YY is a very friendly and warm person, and even though he could have been upset during Divas, you can tell that he cared for her a lot, always looking out for her and extending a hand whenever possible.  She's very lucky to have friends like YY and JB.

do you have a link? I'm dying to know more about Yang Yang now hahaha 

on topic of the drama - this is my first c-drama (been a major kdrama and the occasional t-drama for a while though)

and I just love how fluffy it is! seriously, the parents APPROVE first of all - although I haven't seen WW's parents yet but based on clips it seems as if they're alright with everything. seriously, MIND BLOWN

and I love the bromance/girlmance here and that we get so much cuteness in every ep. WW is relatable in that she's awkward, but at the same time she's so pretty and smart with major skills so it's like girlllll. I really like how XN has really let himself go when it comes to his feelings towards her. like he's still so calm, but he can't help but smile every time she does something and it's those parts that have been replaying. I really miss them gaming though - YY is already hot, but his game character outfit just does wonders for me - plus his lines were always so charismatic in the game ahahah - but he's beginning to show more of that in his real life drama persona so I'm okay for now

the only thing I wish is that we got to see more of the side characters. like I'm DYING for Zhen Shun (?) and Enchantress to find out how good looking XN and WW actually are so they can shut up on that - as well as the dude who liked WW but got rejected (though I assume he might find out soon so he can start a thing with Er Xi), and I'm just dying to let the school beauty know that XN isn't leaving WW for several reasons, and it's not just cause of of looks that he likes her.

on the other hand, I kinda feel bad for the school beauty. yeah she's snobby, but at the same time I feel like she's only been this evil thus far due to the fact of her catty environment. I mean she seemed okay in the first ep or two, but it was her friend that caked on all the WW gossip and that only went downhill for her and her relationship with that friend, and getting involved with Love Scandal is now even worse since she now knows that LS is using her. like really, when it comes down to it - she only has her cousin to rely on and they haven't interacted much in the drama to gain a strong relationship for the viewers at all

I'm really looking forward to the moment of seeing Zhen Shun finally figuring out who Reed Wei Wei and Nai He really are though - it's the one thing I'm waiting for. I wish they explored a bit more on Enchantress' and Zhen Shun's relationship more too - like I get they're cutesy in the game but what about real life? 

But at the end, I hope this drama stays as fluffy as it has been for the most part for the rest. I really hate it when dramas get bogged down by political stuff or competition because that means it starts to lose focus on the actual couple and lets their relationship wither to the point where you get rushed endings or a bunch of fluffy stuff crammed in the last episode or two. since this drama has 30 eps I assume it'll be better (I haven't read the book or anything so if there's like an english translation of it, someone please link me), and I figure we'll have some of that competition soon considering the rival gaming company, but I hope it doesn't end up with an arrange marriage or a "let's break up for the sake of protecting you" type of thing .-.

• Like 10

4 minutes ago, Thuc-NghiT said:

Watch Divas Hit the Road on youtube and I also suggest Happy Camp. He's so funny!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4fPmu0wU3Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLx4Xv3mxhA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYyrbP_hAzQ

Good luck! He's got a fun, playful personality :)

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Thuc-NghiT said:

But at the end, I hope this drama stays as fluffy as it has been for the most part for the rest. I really hate it when dramas get bogged down by political stuff or competition because that means it starts to lose focus on the actual couple and lets their relationship wither to the point where you get rushed endings or a bunch of fluffy stuff crammed in the last episode or two. since this drama has 30 eps I assume it'll be better (I haven't read the book or anything so if there's like an english translation of it, someone please link me), and I figure we'll have some of that competition soon considering the rival gaming company, but I hope it doesn't end up with an arrange marriage or a "let's break up for the sake of protecting you" type of thing .-.

Here's a link to English translation of the novel.

https://wwyxhqc.wordpress.com/just-one-smile-is-very-alluring/table-of-contents/

So far the drama follows the novel very closely, and if they continue to do so, you don't have to worry much about second leads messing up our OTP. Xiao Nai Da Shen will never let anyone mess with his love life or WW. :)

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, onlythatmn said:

Watch Divas Hit the Road on youtube and I also suggest Happy Camp. He's so funny!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4fPmu0wU3Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLx4Xv3mxhA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYyrbP_hAzQ

Good luck! He's got a fun, playful personality :)

woohoo thank you! :D I tried searching up english articles of him but the majority was just his dating rumor with Victoria so I got sad LOL

5 minutes ago, evie2016 said:

https://wwyxhqc.wordpress.com/just-one-smile-is-very-alluring/table-of-contents/

So far the drama follows the novel very closely, and if they continue to do so, you don't have to worry much about second leads messing up our OTP. Xiao Nai Da Shen will never let anyone mess with his love life or WW. :)

Thank you! Time to push off my school responsibilities again :D

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jovialkitty said:

Wow...YY is such a great master in kissing, I feel his hunger for skin contact in the episode. Hope as the episode goes by, ZS will be more relaxed and be more into the character when it comes to the kissing scene.

I think Zheng Shuang was in her character with the kissing scene so far. I remember in the novel, Wei Wei was actually taken aback by their first kiss. She actually thinks that Xiao Nai will be surprised and very happy when he sees her in the office after being away with each other, but Xiao Nai did not show any excitement. Well, I am with Xiao Nai with that because there is an investor or probably business-related woman in the office. Thus, when they are already inside the office, Xiao Nai break loose with all the restraining he had. lol. So, Wei Wei was definitely taken aback not expecting the kiss. lol. Also, Wei Wei in the novel, I think is not really active in kissing. lol. She's always thinking how good Xiao Nai in kissing that jokingly thinks it was not his first time to be in a relationship. :) I have not seen any dramas of Zheng Shuang but I have the idea through some clips that she's not really an active kisser. lol. So the kissing scene in this awesome drama was definitely for her. lol. 

• Like 9

10 hours ago, evie2016 said:

More spoilers clip

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVXvgu3dseE

Wow! So many kisses. :blush:

The guy who's afraid of girl is so funny. :lol:

The first clip has to be a fantasy scene. I can't see WW actually trying to seduce XN into hiring her to be an intern. She could just ask him. It's not in her character to try to seduce/tempt him.

But holy jeezus!!!! YY can really kiss!!!! In that towel scene, ZS is still awkwardly kissing. Girl, close your eyes, open your mouth and move them lips!!!

• Like 4

Guest spicystrawberry
6 minutes ago, whome said:

The first clip has to be a fantasy scene. I can't see WW actually trying to seduce XN into hiring her to be an intern. She could just ask him. It's not in her character to try to seduce/tempt him.

But holy jeezus!!!! YY can really kiss!!!! In that towel scene, ZS is still awkwardly kissing. Girl, close your eyes, open your mouth and move them lips!!!

yeah it was WW's dream and it seem to me she more willing to kiss, she open her mouth! @IMOmusings 

8 minutes ago, usagi77777772003 said:

2 hours ago, Thuc-NghiT said:

on topic of the drama - this is my first c-drama (been a major kdrama and the occasional t-drama for a while though)

and I just love how fluffy it is! seriously, the parents APPROVE first of all - although I haven't seen WW's parents yet but based on clips it seems as if they're alright with everything. seriously, MIND BLOWN

and I love the bromance/girlmance here and that we get so much cuteness in every ep. WW is relatable in that she's awkward, but at the same time she's so pretty and smart with major skills so it's like girlllll. I really like how XN has really let himself go when it comes to his feelings towards her. like he's still so calm, but he can't help but smile every time she does something and it's those parts that have been replaying. I really miss them gaming though - YY is already hot, but his game character outfit just does wonders for me - plus his lines were always so charismatic in the game ahahah - but he's beginning to show more of that in his real life drama persona so I'm okay for now

the only thing I wish is that we got to see more of the side characters. like I'm DYING for Zhen Shun (?) and Enchantress to find out how good looking XN and WW actually are so they can shut up on that - as well as the dude who liked WW but got rejected (though I assume he might find out soon so he can start a thing with Er Xi), and I'm just dying to let the school beauty know that XN isn't leaving WW for several reasons, and it's not just cause of of looks that he likes her.

on the other hand, I kinda feel bad for the school beauty. yeah she's snobby, but at the same time I feel like she's only been this evil thus far due to the fact of her catty environment. I mean she seemed okay in the first ep or two, but it was her friend that caked on all the WW gossip and that only went downhill for her and her relationship with that friend, and getting involved with Love Scandal is now even worse since she now knows that LS is using her. like really, when it comes down to it - she only has her cousin to rely on and they haven't interacted much in the drama to gain a strong relationship for the viewers at all

I'm really looking forward to the moment of seeing Zhen Shun finally figuring out who Reed Wei Wei and Nai He really are though - it's the one thing I'm waiting for. I wish they explored a bit more on Enchantress' and Zhen Shun's relationship more too - like I get they're cutesy in the game but what about real life? 

2 hours ago, evie2016 said:

Definitely have faith in our Da Shen: So far he's exactly the same as the book version and given his relentless persistence when it comes to Wei Wei, would never submit to noble idiocy or let any outside forces intervene (his venomous tongue alone would ward them off). Too smart to risk losing the love of his life...

• Like 5

z10misUz.jpg

My favorite parts of the drama are when Xiao Nai expresses himself whenever Wei Wei is with him.Since as an audience and fans of the book, we have such a wonderful opportunity to witness XN himself. I really observe his face. Small nuances of his eyes lighting up or the adorable little quirk of his lips. Man, I'm like, just slaaayyyy me with the penetrating gaze~ :bawling:

Like this scene right here, I felt that when he met her, he was all aloof with his "it's not a coincidence" blahblah. And it didn't sit well with me tbh. But when Wei Wei asked him about them being misunderstood, he gave this really adorable little smile at her and it totally redeemed him. Like maaaann, whyyoudodistomeeee~~ And this was one of my fave parts of the promotional MVs before the drama aired and my fave of ep10. 

• Like 8

many responses about the kiss scenes so far. i just want to point out that in the towel kiss, she did part her lips and slightly move. so let's hope for better kisses (may be just bit by bit is enough, don't expect too much kk) since i read the novel, most of the times XN takes dominance, so i didn't expect much about WW's role here

• Like 6

Ok. I just had had had to comment on this show. I adore ZS, at first not so much, but as I watched more dramas with her, I grew to like her as an actress. And YY, let's just say I saw him in Tiny Times, and I never let go. Rofl.

I too have watched a few episodes of Diva's Hit the Road 2. I think from that, I began to love both ZS and YY even more! I saw that someone mentioned the last episode of Diva's Hit the Road 2, ZS said that she really admires YY because no matter what he can smile and be a sunshine for everyone. In the show, ZS tries her best especially in London, and tries to do everything by herself. They gave her an award and called her the one woman show or something like that and it was understood later that she is this way because she had no one to rely on while growing up. I think in a sense YY is the same way because he also grew up away from his family and had to fend for himself in the military academy. ZS also said mentioned that she doesn't want anyone to waste their energy on her or worry about her; it may be my imagination but sounds kind of like she doesn't want people to worry about her because she doesn't think she's worth it? I never really felt sad for an actress before, but I feel quite sad for her. I feel that she went on the show to find herself, she said she wanted to see what she was really like when she was having a one on one with the other co-star. As for YY, I can't believe that's him in LoveO2O, his real life personality is so different hahahha. Everytime I see him on LoveO2O I wonder if he had just finished walking past a mirror fixing his hair/being narcissistic. xD