[Drama 2016] Moonlight Drawn by Clouds / Love in the Moonlight ☪ 구르미 그린 달빛

Maetawinz

Omo...watching the long trailer and I am ready for laughs and tears. It looks like Ra-On will be tortured quite a bit by the Crown Prince. 

Jeon Mi Sun - She is perfect in sageuk. Moon Embraces the Sun - shamaness ; Mirror of the Witch - the evil stepmother ; Moonlight - Queen....

All the cast work off well with each other. Didn't get to see much of Kwak Dong Yeon so he is still a mystery.  

• Like 10

“Moonlight Drawn By Clouds” Talks About Competition With “Scarlet Heart: Goryeo”

“Moonlight Drawn By Clouds” Talks About Competition With “Scarlet Heart: Goryeo”

Ahead of the first broadcast, KBS2’s upcoming Monday-Tuesday drama “Moonlight Drawn By Clouds” held a press conference on August 18.

During the press conference, reporters asked the director about the drama competing with SBS’s upcoming drama “Scarlet Heart: Goryeo.”

PD Kim Sung Yoon stated, “Regarding ‘Scarlet Heart: Goryeo,’ I liked Kim Gyu Tae sunbaenim when we were at KBS together. Both [dramas] will definitely have different charms. Although there is a political antagonist, our drama can be viewed as a lively and young sageuk because it is a romantic comedy sageuk.”

Many are curious as to how the two dramas will perform as they will both be airing on Mondays and Tuesday during the same time slot.

http://www.soompi.com/2016/08/18/moonlight-drawn-clouds-talks-competition-scarlet-heart-goryeo/

• Like 13

Park Bo Gum And Kim Yoo Jung Reveal Affection For Each Other + Tease Romance

Park Bo Gum And Kim Yoo Jung Reveal Affection For Each Other + Tease Romance

KBS2’s “Moonlight Drawn By Clouds” held a press conference ahead of its first broadcast to promote the drama and answer questions.

Lead actors Park Bo Gum and Kim Yoo Jung spoke about working with one another and spoke warmly of each other.

Park Bo Gum said, “As soon as I saw the script for ‘Moonlight Drawn By Clouds’ I thought it was fun and I really wanted to do it.”

He continued, “After hearing about Kim Yoo Jung getting cast, I was thankful to be able to work with a sunbaenim.”

Likewise, Kim Yoo Jung commented, “I was really happy when I heard that I’d be working with Park Bo Gum oppa. I got surprised whenever I saw Bo Gum oppa because he’s so handsome.” The actress also talked about how Park Bo Gum is always taking care of her.

After being asked about their on-screen romance and potential intimate scenes, Park Bo Gum answered, “Please watch for skinship and expressions of affection through broadcasts.”

http://www.soompi.com/2016/08/18/park-bo-gum-kim-yoo-jung-reveal-affection-tease-romance/

• Like 15

Park Bo-gum and Kim Yoo-jung’s youthful romance series to kick off

Updated : August 18 2016

restmb_jhidxmake.php?idx=5&simg=20160818

A new period drama series “Love in the Moonlight” staring Park Bo-gum and Kim Yoo-jung will kick off next week. 

The series follows the unlikely romance between a crown prince, played by Park, and an 18-year-old girl masquerading as a eunuch, played by Kim. 

“As soon as I read the script, I really wanted to get on board,” Park said at a press conference for the show Thursday in eastern Seoul. Park, 23, returns to the small screen for the first time since the tvN drama series “Reply 1988,” which wrapped in January and shot the young actor to stardom. His new role as Lee Yeong, a crown prince and heir to the throne of the Joseon dynasty, could not be further from the shy, wholesome teenage boy he played in “Reply 1988.”

“It was hard at first to find a balance, but I talked a lot with the writers,” he said. 

According to press releases, Lee Yeong, also called Prince Hyomyeong, is a bright, mischievous young man who is secretly burdened with the pressures of the crown, concerns for his people and opposition at court. 

Kim, 16, portrays his love interest, a street-savvy girl who dresses up like a boy to make a living for herself and smuggles into the Joseon court as a eunuch. Kim said she focused on making her character as “cute and endearing” as possible and described the show as a “cheery, young period piece.”

The show is based on a web novel of the same title. The characters have been tweaked to be “more three dimensional,” said director Kim Sung-yoon, who helmed “Dream High” in 2011. 

Starting on Aug. 22, “Love in the Moonlight” will air every Monday and Tuesday on KBS2 at 10 p.m. and run for 18 episodes.

By Rumy Doo (doo@heraldcorp.com)

• Like 15

Dramabeans really fast too covering the press con

Hearts and smiles at Moonlight Drawn By Clouds’ press conference

by javabeans | August 18, 2016 | 8 Comments

x

moonlight_pc50.jpg

How adorable is this cast? It’s not unusual for actors to be full of smiles on the day of their drama’s production press conference, but the cast of fusion fantasy romanceMoonlight Drawn By Clouds seems especially bright-eyed and sparkly, and it puts a big goofy smile on my face. They’re just so young and pretty! *squish*

The drama is a week from its premiere (really just four days now), and held its press conference on the afternoon of August 18 at Seoul’s Yeongdeungpo Times Square. In attendance were its young main cast, which consisted of leading-man-in-the-making Park Bo-gum (Answer Me 1988), child-actress-turned-leading-lady Kim Yoo-jung (Angry Mom), idol-actor Jinyoung (Warm and Cozy), and rising rookies Chae Soo-bin (Sassy Go Go) and Kwak Dong-yeon (Modern Farmer).

The producing team ain’t too shabby, either, and has plenty of experience depicting youthful foibles and romance: PD Kim Sung-yoon directed Dream High, Who Are You—School 2015 and Discovery of Romance, Baek Sang-hoon worked on Who Are You—School 2015 and Secret, and writer Kim Min-jung worked with both of them on Who Are You—School 2015. I’ll consider that a good thing, because I really did enjoy Who Are You and its portrayal of youthful angst and friendship. Yup, all fifteen episodes.

moonlight_pc1.jpg moonlight_pc8.jpg

Given the fusion sageuk romance genre (and the crossdressing heroine premise),Moonlight Drawn By Clouds is bound to draw comparisons to several other dramas, and PD Kim addressed some of those concerns at the press conference. “It’s different fromSungkyunkwan Scandal,” he said. “You’ll be able to feel [our drama’s] lively, cheerful, charming appeal. In a word, I’d call it a ‘young sageuk.'”

What about its timeslot competitor, Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart: Goryeo, which premieres a week later? PD Kim added, “I’ve always enjoyed director Kim Kyu-tae’s work. It’s an honor to be competing with him. We’re focusing the most on being fun. Rather than being a political sageuk, you can think of it as a romantic comedy.”

Perhaps it helps that Moonlight has already existing source material and a wide fanbase, which could help head off direct comparisons. (I wouldn’t bet on it, but maybe it would mitigate them a little?) The drama is based on a popular web novel from writer Yoon Yi-soo, published serially online in 131 chapters and also as a book, which logged a whopping 50 million reads.

The plot of Moonlight Drawn By Clouds centers around a prince, also described as “the flightiest man in the palace,” who meets and falls in love with Joseon’s first-ever dating counselor and only crossdressing eunuch. There’s nothing about that that’s not funny.

moonlight_pc45.jpg

Park Bo-gum plays that character, Yi Yeong (also known as Crown Prince Hyomyeong, future King Munjo), and explained that he wanted to do the drama right from the start, upon reading the synopsis and script. He said, “Hearing that I would be working with acting sunbae Kim Yoo-jung made me happy. I’d wanted to do a sageuk for a while. If there’s a difficult point, it’s the extreme heat. But even so, I like filming wearing beautiful hanbok.”

She’s his industry sunbae despite being six years younger, since he debuted in 2011, compared to her 2006; moreover, while he has eight drama series to his resumé, Kim has twenty (nine of them historical dramas). Park admitted to finding it difficult to grasp his character at first — the script was entertaining, but it was difficult to portray the character, and he spent some time talking to the director about the role and studying it.

This is Park’s first drama since Answer Me 1988 made him a household name, and he was asked about the so-called “Answer Me curse,” where all the stars of the franchise have faltered in their subsequent projects. He said he finds the term saddening, because to him, “The drama [Answer Me 1988] was like a blessing, which made my name known.”

Meanwhile, Kim Yoo-jung said of her co-star, “At first when I heard the news that Park Bo-gum was cast, I thought it was really well done. When we met on set, he was so handsome I was startled.”

moonlight_pc36.jpg moonlight_pc38.jpg

She plays the heroine, Hong Ra-on, and said, “I thought that the character of a woman disguised as a man could be extremely trite. I monitored the sunbaes who had done past crossdressing roles. I watched Yoon Eun-hye sunbae’s acting in Coffee Prince. The setup where she had to work in a cafe where only men worked was a similar situation, so it was very helpful.”

Asked about being part of the “Child Actor Troika” with fellow young rising stars Kim Sae-ron and Kim So-hyun, Kim Yoo-jung said that she’d watched both their recent dramas and enjoyed them both (Mirror of a Witch and Bring It On, Ghost), but also said that there are many more promising young stars in the upcoming ranks, so it’s not just the three of them.

Moonlight Drawn By Clouds promises to be full of laughs and youthful zest, and even incorporates parody-like depictions, such as the portrayal of the job of eunuch as someone who watches the clock waiting for off-hours, whereupon he unwinds from the day with a bowl of makgulli, drawing parallels to the modern salaryman. Well, if the boldlycomical teasers are any indication, I’ll be expecting hilarity up the wazoo. I will accept no less!

Moonlight Drawn By Clouds premieres next Monday, August 22, on KBS.

More pics at http://www.dramabeans.com/2016/08/hearts-and-smiles-at-moonlight-drawn-by-clouds-press-conference/

• Like 16

Kim Yoo Jung Reveals How She Prepared For Her Eunuch Role

Kim Yoo Jung Reveals How She Prepared For Her Eunuch Role

On August 18, KBS2’s upcoming drama “Moonlight Drawn By Clouds” held a press conference with the PD and main cast.

Kim Yoo Jung talked about her character Hong Ra On who ends up cross-dressing as a eunuch in the drama while developing a romance with Lee Young (Park Bo Gum).

She revealed how she prepared for her role and said, “Many dramas have a female character dressing up as a male. I watched all of my sunbaenims’ works, but I especially paid attention to Yoon Eun Hye sunbaenim’s acting in ‘Coffee Prince.'”

The actress explained, “The set-up involves Yoon Eun Hye sunbaenim working at a cafe where only men work. I saw her being cute and receiving love while amongst men. I had difficulty with showing Ra On as such a loveable and cute character that anyone would find her so adorable that you want to bite her.”

http://www.soompi.com/2016/08/18/kim-yoo-jung-reveals-prepared-eunuch-role/

• Like 13