[Drama 2016] Moonlight Drawn by Clouds / Love in the Moonlight ☪ 구르미 그린 달빛

Maetawinz

Pros & Cons – Moonlight Drawn By Clouds Preview

a12a4.png

I feel like I have shared all the basic info for Moonlight Drawn by Clouds in previous posts so I am going to change things up and do a Pro and Con post when reviewing this final preview.  I debated even sharing, but the Park Bo Gum love was just too strong to ignore.  So let’s jump into an in-depth look and decide which moment I love most.

PROS:

• It doesn’t matter if Park Bo Gum is playing a nice guy, serial killer, or an entitled kingly richard simmons…… I just adore him.  That takes talent to make me think his temper tantrums are adorable. a12a2.png
  • Kim Yoo Jung is hitting all the right notes for a girl, dressing like a guy, who is being forced to become a eunuch for the previously aforementioned kingly brat. a12a3.png
  • MANE OF GLORY!!!!  WOOT!!!  Don’t need to say more than that.a12a5.png

CONS:

• My only complaint is that this wasn’t longer.  I am in desperate need of new Monday/Tuesday dramas.  I am literally bored to death tonight because I have nothing to watch.  August 22nd can not come soon enough.a12a6
  •  

Dramaswithasideofkimchi

• Like 13

1 hour ago, elviraxxx said:

Why do I keep associating the word 'maknae' with PBG when watching this clip? 
You know, PBG throwing tantrums = maknae

Do you mean Bo Gum's character in Wonderful Mama? Haha it could be the case maybe you didn't understand that he is actually uttering threats  :D "Do you know who I am? How dare you do such a thing? Can you bear the consequences when we meet again?" 

d2b399ed30.gif

"Nice to see you again" hiiiiiiiiii

3A1qQj.gif

Cr @936shine

• Like 13

MongMonga xD

The 5th teaser was beyond hillarious. It's like i am gonna love the crown prince, Lee Young more than ever xD

The bratty prince xD

and i love the way the assassin treat our Raon xD

COME ON 18TH AUGUST I NEED YOU XD

i need long trailer and etc xD

• Like 9

2 hours ago, onlysb1 said:

Do you mean Bo Gum's character in Wonderful Mama? Haha it could be the case maybe you didn't understand that he is actually uttering threats  :D "Do you know who I am? How dare you do such a thing? Can you bear the consequences when we meet again?" 

"Nice to see you again" hiiiiiiiiii

Cr @936shine

Haven't watched him in Wonderful Mama, but I watched short clip PBG is a feminist [I think it was from WM] in Youtube and he's hilarious

Spoiler

and he's creepy in I Remember You.

So yeah, our prince has an attitude.

• Like 10

Moonlight Drawn by Clouds Reverts Back to Light & Fun in 5th Teaser

160816 MoonCloud 5.mp40078

KYAAAAAAAA~~~ another new teaser from Moonlight Drawn by Clouds, and this time, it is back to being light, fun and funny. LOL. What is the production team trying to do to us? It feels like we are in for a roller coaster ride of the sort.

Best part of this teaser had got to do with the feature image. I can’t NOT replay this part, and laugh at it each and every time. LOL LOL.

AjsyDDV.png

Oh my god, so Ra On is the one that push Seja into the hole???

Spoiler

Young: Do you know who I am? How could you do this to me?

Spoiler

h5koYgz.png

Young: If we meet again, can you bear the consequences?

Spoiler

VNxSUf1.png

Ra On: If you ask me to be a dog, I listen to you.

Spoiler

https://i0.wp.com/i.imgur.com/2c9oUZ3.gif

Young: (scream) Yaaaaaaaaaaa~ you come back here!!!

An ill-fated like destiny

Spoiler

Hd3c4fO.jpg

Man: The Crown Prince has arrived

Spoiler

https://i0.wp.com/i.imgur.com/1vsNXYg.gif

Man: If there is any mishap, it will be difficult to stay alive

Spoiler

DCMLtyf.png

According to the novel, this eunuch must be Song naekwan. He gets thrown out of Seja’s residence. He is also the one that bullies Ra On.

Spoiler

hfqx2Xl.pngxqM9DhX.png

Ra On: What are you doing?
Man: *Cleansing* (castration)

Spoiler

Nfk81Hz.png

Ra On: No. I most definitely cannot be a eunuch

Spoiler

5FoomJt.pngSkLOYbX.jpg

He is a Crown Prince…
She is a eunuch…

Spoiler

7wAqWFA.pngIGmxeOG.pngLkH9a7Q.png

Hahahahahaha! Okay, I like that they put in comedic element into this segment, which clearly is not in the novel. In the book, Ra On is completely oblivious about the rumour in relation to the location she will reside. Hence, the screaming and fainting did not happen.

Spoiler

5vvcVzd.pngvGekj2g.jpg

Ra On: Are you the ghost that lives here?

Hmm… Kwak Dong Yeon looks girly here.

Spoiler

D2gr8l7.pngxT7OKb1.png

Yoon Sung: Do you think I can’t distinguish a woman’s body?

Spoiler

eje6SR1.pngLAifC95.png

Yoon Sung: Are you really a eunuch?
Ra On: Is there a fake eunuch?

Spoiler

Jyl6q7T.png

An unpredictable youthful Joseon romance

Spoiler

dhHi9Bj.pngnWUnTSX.png

Man: The body check-up begins now.

Spoiler

tirhlHY.png

Man (Young?): Take this man to Uigeumbu (의금부 | 義禁府)

Spoiler

AXFGklR.jpgVdYaNZf.pngE8mC4PX.pngnY7NGnC.jpg

Young: Nice meeting you again, mong mong-ah (dog’s bark)

Comment

K2VV2UO.jpg

I  this teaser. It’s teasingly funny and fun to watch, especially on the parts where Bo Gum screams his head off, Yoo Jung rolls her eyes backwards and fainted, and of course that evil smirk. That. Evil. Devilish. Smirk. Hooooooot! Love the small change in his expression in the same scene and within that split second. This is what I want to see in this drama from Park Bo Gum because I know he can do it. As for Kim Yoo Jung, we really haven’t seen many expression from the teaser apart from her being flustered (by Yoon Sung), scared or frightened. Of course I would love to see more. Jin Young is totally black-listed because each time he appears, I find myself wanting to push him away, or stand between him and Ra On so that he can stay away from my prince’s future wife. What a weird mindset I have, LOLOL.

With that said, this teaser throws me back a little, as this is not how Young’s identity is uncovered in the novel. This means the script is not going to strictly follow the novel, which is not a bad thing, but I hope the good elements are kept and unchanged.

In the book, Young and Byung Yeon sneak Ra On out of the palace so that she can visit her mother and sick sister. Byung Yeon then leaves to run an errand for Young whilst Young waits for Ra On. After Ra On bids her farewell to her family, she gets kidnapped by Princess Myung Eun’s men. When Young finds out, he ran to save her.

Therefore in my mind, I expected to see him with a bit of sweat on his face, but pretending to be calm and cold, but in reality, he is panting and catching his breath when no one notice. Aishhh, and I also wanted to see Bo Gum’s take on the prince’s expression/reaction when Ra On puts a distance between them and kneels before him after he saved her! Am I not able to see all that now? Oh noooo.

In volume 1, there is also not a scene where they both fall into the hole, and from the exchange conversation, it assumes this could be what happened the first time they meet. Aye aye, that is also very different. However, I shall say no more, maybe we will find out in detail on August 18 when the press conference release the longer preview trailer.

Moonlight Drawn by Clouds airs August 22 at 10 pm KST. 6 more days to go!

Character Map

Spoiler

rHVWxek.jpg

Eukybearlovesdrama

• Like 14

I have learnt to be nervous when a drama is an adaptation from a novel, webtoon or manhwa (CITT feels! - still traumatised) 

There will always be the expectations of certain scenes from the novel/webtoon/manhwa which readers want to see the live version of and they can get pretty vocal when the scenes are missing. 

I always try to not compare (thankfully I have not read the manhwa) but I don't mind spoilers or heads up to how the story is progressing. So to me, watching this drama will be fresh and new and I will not know if there are any missing scenes in the adaptation. I learnt that this is one of the best ways to enjoy a drama. 

PS... a bit off track 

Spoiler

It was the same for Boys Over Flowers. I had watched Hana Yori Dango, then Meteor Garden and then read the manga (all 36 books!) and found the nearest interpretation was the Chinese version followed by the Japanese version. The Korean version did divert quite a bit from the manga. I still loved all three versions for their different quirks and appreciated the spin each director put on the much loved manga....

That's just me....^^

PS...I can't get over PBG and his screaming! Time to change my avatar...hehe

• Like 11

Lee Young cast Park Bogum

Male, 19 years-old

The wise and beautiful Crown Prince! The last hope of the Joseon dynasty which is going downhill!
…..or at least he was. Definitely. Up until a few years ago.
Since he was young, he gladly studied,
and was not afraid of putting his body on the line in dangerous situations because he was full of curiosity.
He had the humility to listen courteously to even the young court lady’s grouching.
He was no different to a prepared King… (but) he has changed. At some point.

The palace of the Crown Prince that has become the number 1 place to avoid amongst the eunuchs, or a.k.a ‘Poop palace’
His attire is a mess, his behaviour is careless, and his studies are mediocre.
Along with the strict orders of the King, who is saying that they are not counseling the Crown Prince properly,
while putting up with his (Lee Young’s) unpredictable nature, the eunuchs of the palace of the Crown Prince
are overworked again today and struggling to get by while enduring the sadness of a pay cut.

But nobody knew.
The fact that even he, who has endured the weight of the crown of the title 'Crown Prince’ that was too much for him up until now,
is just a 19 year old boy that needs a father he can lean on.
And the fact that he is a young monarch who has secretly prepared for his future and that of the Joseon dynasty 
while evading the eyes of the foreign influences that are constantly checking on the King and Crown Prince.  

Meanwhile, 19 year-old, hot blooded youth, Young
has fallen into a difficult problem that was totally unplanned and that he was unprepared for…
That eunuch called 'SamNom’! 
All he did was keep the arrogant con-artist who mocked him by his side, thinking he would chastise him.
But little but little, his (RaOn’s) jokes begin to make Young laugh
and his (RaOn’s) absurd stories become comforting and is lingering on his mind.

(He starts finding) The brave punk (RaOn) who just won’t give in despite him (Young) mistreating, tormenting, and embarrassing him cute
and when they’re together, he becomes happier - not as the Crown Prince or anything else, but just as a (normal) person.

But as much as the times they spend together are happy, his concerns are also growing deeper.
What do you mean I, Lee Young, the Crown Prince of this country, have fallen in love with
a man… and a eunuch at that..!

source: moonlight drawn by clouds official homepage
translation: prkbgm.tumblr.com

• Like 12

900th post...

Watch: “Moonlight Drawn By Clouds” Raises Anticipation With First Preview Video

Watch: “Moonlight Drawn By Clouds” Raises Anticipation With First Preview Video

On August 16, KBS2 released the first preview for the first episode of the highly anticipated “Moonlight Drawn By Clouds.”

The response to the preview for the upcoming Monday-Tuesday drama is already sizzling.

In the preview, Park Bo Gum and Kim Yoo Jung‘s bad relationship is revealed as Kim Yoo Jung’s character pushes Park Bo Gum’s character into a trap. Park Bo Gum’s character is outraged at her audacity while Kim Yoo Jung’s character runs away.

She goes through a series of events that include meeting a mysterious man and becoming a fake eunuch. B1A4’s Jinyoung also meets Kim Yoo Jung and becomes suspicious of whether or not she is a real eunuch. Lastly, the preview ends with Park Bo Gum meeting Kim Yoo Jung when she is to receive punishment. However, Park Bo Gum appears to know who she really is despite her eunuch attire.

The first episode of “Moonlight Drawn By Clouds” will air on August 22.

http://www.soompi.com/2016/08/16/watch-moonlight-drawn-clouds-raises-anticipation-first-preview-video/

• Like 10

Hi guys :)

Wasn't this supose to start this monday? I saw it wrong and was disappointed...well, next monday right?

I will never buy that sex change plot but those kind of dramas always turns out funny and interesting and will watch this one.

Wonder in what ep he'll say he sees a woman in her...hope it won't take him to long ;)

• Like 2