[Drama 2016] Moonlight Drawn by Clouds / Love in the Moonlight ☪ 구르미 그린 달빛

Maetawinz

I am rewatching ep8 again. If only he scene with CP finding out about Raon was a bit longer.

Did the editing cut short of his expression?

But his expression from shock to relief, was still amazing. Again no words needed, "Action speaks louder than words".

That smile was a sign of RELIEF (that it's a she and he's not gay).....that HE WAS right to suspect that she's the dancer too.

:) 

• Like 19

this is too much

You all expect me to backread this many pages *CRIES*

ep 8 was great, the new ost was amazing. I would love to write but im to busy replaying 

and someone (sorry forgot who) mentioned that nightingale dance. How many think it will be in the drama with RO dancing it ???

ill prepare tissues

• Like 12

4 hours ago, Jillia said:

My thoughts on episode 8:

It was a wonderful episode. Almost every episode feels slow at first but at the same time the episode goes by so fast and in the end you realize what is going on/what happened.

For once I don't feel treated like a fool by the writer. The whole production feels so assured and confident. Yes the story isn't groundbreaking but I don't need that. As long as the writer and PD-nim tell the story in a fresh and good way. And that's what MDBC is doing.

That's why I never feel bored. Yesterday for a short moment I thought "okay this episode is taking it slow after the Envoy incident in episode 6" but then I saw where the plot was leading us. Yet I didn't see the kiss coming and not even a confession like the one that happened. I expected something shy but no the episode yesterday was anything but shy.

And todays episode felt the same. It felt slow first but it actually didn't waste any scenes. They showed Ra On longingly looking at the hanbok... every other drama wouldn't have used it but here the writer made her put it on and lead to Lee Yeong realizing that Ra On is a girl.

To me it never really mattered if he would fall for her, thinking she is a guy or knowing she is a woman. What's so beautiful about their relationship is how it started. They went from Ra On being the guy who wrote Lee Yeong's younger sister love letters to Ra On being the puppy to him forcing her to be an eunuch. And they basically became friends. In the end Lee Yeong wanted Ra On there because the palace gets more bearable when somebody is there who you care about and who cares about you.

You could say it's a bit unfair of Lee Yeong for wanting to keep Ra On at his side when he knows how dangerous the palace is. Especially when he knows the Queen is one of the dangers inside.

We have already seen the palace doesn't seem to be nice place for having friends or being in love. As we can see with the King and Lady Suk-ui. Or Eunuch Ma and Wol-Hee. But at the same time I can't be angry with him because as he said she makes him happy and cheers him up. She makes the palace bearable. And he makes the palace bearable for her as well.

And somewhere inbetween them being friends Lee Yeong fell in love with her. And she fell in love with him.

(Although I really would like to see more of Ra On aka Kim Yoo Jung. Sometimes it's almost like I have to guess if she is really feeling the same. In the scenes she does a really good job and conveys what she feels. I just want more scenes from her POV!)

And I still stand by my point that I think it was good Lee Yeong didn't tell Ra On that he knows about her secret when he confessed. Because of that no matter how you put it it always comes to this: Lee Yeong loves Ra On - no matter what.

It's hard to describe what I felt when I saw his reaction to Ra On being a girl. Was he relieved she is a woman? That scene is difficult to analyse tbh. I love it but it leaves a big question mark in my face because for once I'm not sure what Lee Yeong was thinking. Of course he was in awe but still... yousee the question marks in my face? :D

Of course the rest of the episode made me forget it but I always come back to it.

Things that feel weak to me - at least at the moment:

1) Ha Yeon - don't get me wrong! I don't hate her. But I'm really baffled by how she is written. Of course she will be demure in front of her father and premier Kim but maybe a little more energetic when meeting Lee Yeong, Ra On or Yoon Sung. But I can't really put my finger on what feels wrong about her. I think she brings some freshness to the usual noble lady at that time by speaking up in front of her father. But with other things she seems way too forward.

But I can say one thing - and I mentioned it before: how many times does Lee Yeong have to reject her? I know she fell for him and when we consider she is the same age as Ra On I can give her some naivity bonus. But Lee Yeong made very clear that a ) he knows what she is doing aka she is trying to go with the "it's fate"-scenario and b ) he is not interested in her.

(Btw that'ssomething I really like about Lee Yeong. He doesn't give Ha Yeon false hope and tells her right away he isn't interested - of course with prettier words)

Also: is Ha Yeon actually interested in being friends with the Princess or only using her to get close to Lee Yeong. That's not really a nice character trait right?

But overall I pity her because she has no chance against Ra On.

2) Yoon Sung - where are they going with his storyline? As it seems he and Ha Yeon will come up with a way to avoid the marriage? How will they do that? Also: it looks like Yoon Sung is smart enough to sense that something is going on with Lee Yeong and Ra On. And I just hope the writer won't turn him into the I'm-jealous-and-I-will-do-anything-to-get-the-girl-even-though-I'm-the-2nd-lead-and-stand-no-chance-guy.

And I want to know what happened to Lee Yeong and Yoon Sung that ended their friendship. I want to see a lot more plot development in this department.

Agree with your point @Jillia RO indeed made things bearable to CP. And whatever happens to him, he will make it thru because he knows RO will stay with him and ask her to stay by his side. 

As for HY. I don't like that girl. It seems she will turn into something crueller than the Queen. I imagine things that RO will face so much suffering once her identity being revealed and put CP into misery. 

YS! My pretty sweet boy! I don't want him to die. I can feel that all TMTETS vibes around him. huhuhu

• Like 8

I can't tell you how much I am liking how the story is moving with regards to kim hyung and Raon. 

I'm so glad Raon will have Kim Hyung to protect her. My heart feel so secured lol.

Chinca...chinca...I can't wait to see his interaction with Raon after knowing her identity. Will he be the one to tell Raon that she's the "traitor's" daughter?

• Like 12

12 minutes ago, mangachickava said:

this is too much

You all expect me to backread this many pages *CRIES*

ep 8 was great, the new ost was amazing. I would love to write but im to busy replaying 

and someone (sorry forgot who) mentioned that nightingale dance. How many think it will be in the drama with RO dancing it ???

ill prepare tissues

What is that dance?  Is it like a farewell dance?  Would YJ have time to practice it?

• Like 5

a65oVOD.gif1ed2ZYJ.gif

Spoiler

0LU8vLm.gif6VJNyUo.gifVPlwhsh.gif

4FO8QyK.gif

“Moonlight Drawn By Clouds” To Air Special Broadcast This Week

“Moonlight Drawn By Clouds” To Air Special Broadcast This Week

KBS is pulling out all the stops for the increasingly popular “Moonlight Drawn By Clouds.”

The broadcasting station revealed on September 13 that they will air a special broadcast for the drama that consists of shortened versions of episodes one through eight, behind-the-scenes clips, and NG cuts.

Split into two major parts, the first half of the broadcast will focus on episodes one through four, going all the way back to Lee Yeong (Park Bo Gum) and Hong Ra On (Kim Yoo Jung)’s fateful yet comical meeting as well as to how Hong Ra On ends up at the palace as a eunuch.

The second half will focus on episodes five through eight, as expected, focusing on the growing romance between the two leads as well as the thickening plot line.

Both parts will dedicate at least three minutes each to behind-the-scenes stories and NG clips.

KBS explains that they’re airing a special that is packed with the essentials in order to return the love viewers have shown so far, as the drama recently surpassed the 20 percent mark in viewership ratings. It’s the first time in many years a Monday-Tuesday drama from KBS has broken through this threshold.

In addition, the station will also re-broadcast all eight episodes of “Moonlight Drawn By Clouds” back-to-back through their cable channel, KBS Drama, on September 18 at 10 a.m. KST.

The special broadcast will take place on Friday, September 16 and begin at 11:40 a.m. KST.

http://www.soompi.com/2016/09/13/moonlight-drawn-clouds-air-special-broadcast-week/

"Moonlight Drawn by Clouds" unrivaled, even with a slight drop

2016/09/13 

photo763666.jpg

"Moonlight Drawn by Clouds" still holds the throne.

According to Nielsen Korea, KBS drama "Moonlight Drawn by Clouds" rated 19.7%.

Meanwhile, MBC "Monster - 2016" rated 10.3% and SBS "Scarlet Heart: Ryeo" rated 5.7%.

Hancinema

• Like 18

So tiring chasing after this thread. I just went off to sleep for like less than 5 hours, went to work, and the whole morning just BACK READING.

I am reading like as though I have a deadline. And this deadline is more stressful than my work deadline. lol

This is me right now, if anyone comes near me...

Screen%20Shot%202016-09-07%20at%201.38.2

• Like 24

Talking about characterization, l really am liking how the writer has portrayed the CP. He is clearly very shrewed n has a sense of justice, yet he is not dogmatic about traditions. It is shown in both his approach to politics n love.

i like how he seldom reacts immediately n on impulse but he thinks first, strategizes n then he acts after. So many fine examples in the show..

1) when Queen slaps Raon : he pauses, smiles n goads her back instead

2) when Raon enlightens him about confessing even if its hopeless : he doesnt retort, goes back n then decides to write his letter

3) when he discovers she s a gal : he confesses only the next day but does not expose her identity

4) when Raon chides him for taking her on emo roller-coaster : he doesnt retort but gives her the bracelet the next day

5) when he suspects BY is not what he is : he doesnt ask him.. he asks to be left alone instead

and many more examples..

He will be a brave astute king n lover. What a man. Top that with drop dead good looks. Where to find but in kdramaland?? Sigh.. My heart cant take it.

• Like 20

17 minutes ago, honeywell said:

What is that dance?  Is it like a farewell dance?  Would YJ have time to practice it?

So a few pages back a fellow soompier mentioned CP most famous dance in Korean court is "Dance of the Nightingale" and according to google

"During the reign of Joseon King Sunjo (1790-1834) , 
Crown prince Hyomyeong composed Chunaengjeon for 
the celebration of the fortieth birthday of his mother, 
Queen Sunwonsuk
.Dhunaegjeon expresses in dance 
form the figure of a singing nightingale on a spring day."

considering the fact it is connected to his mother, and the frequent mentions of her (in ep 8, CP touches a traditional instrument right before referencing his mother, I am hoping it's hinting that the writer will be showing this dance as well. My other hope is that RO is the one performing it. Now YJ, when she practised the other dance could have also at the same time learnt the moves of this one so it isnt like its impossible to learn.

• Like 17