[Drama 2016] Moonlight Drawn by Clouds / Love in the Moonlight ☪ 구르미 그린 달빛

Maetawinz

Wow, this drama keeps getting better and better! I have to tip my hat to every actors that are involved, even the child actors, particularly the one who played young Crown Prince and young Ra On, are amazing! Young Crown Prince has torn my heart apart in the episode where he seeks comfort from Lady Seokhee (or Suk Ui? Which spelling is the right one?) and also playing in the rain with his birth mother, now my heart is torn apart by young RaOn...watching them crying, I was just like,"Oooh children, come here, come here...everything is going to be alright..." and gave them big hugs.

Aaaaah~ and I think Park Bogum is also amazing at portraying Crown Prince! Normally in K-Drama I always ship the leading lady with the second leading man, even though I know they wouldn't end up together because the pairing is usually set from the start, but not this drama. Sure, the second leading man here, Yunseong, is nice and caring to RaOn, but not enough for me to ship them...yet. I still root for RaOn and Crown Prince, maybe because Crown Prince's character is not that 'bad of a boy' compared to most of dramas...like, Crown Prince tried soooo hard to appear like a stern, cold and cheeky person, but he can't do that wholly because he still has that altruism inside his heart towards everyone. 

Can't wait for tonight's episode!

• Like 11

“You dreamed a sad dream,” Yeong tells her. But Ra-on replies, “It was a happy dream. At least I could see my mother again that way.” i swear i cried bekytu25.gifi really wish to know why ra on mom left her bekytu.gifand why did she force her to dress as a boy gurumi5-00457.jpggurumi5-00456.jpg

tbh i cant stand when he is weeping  iam too bekytu11.gif

• Like 16

Love all happiness and positive in here:heart:

We must celebrate for this rating. Don t care such as comments in here.:crazy:

I just watched in EW. So cute both of them and how PBG make the promise about 20 and 30 % rating.

The most we love they are always smile and I hope they enjoy happy for the shooting.

3 hours before episode 5 in KBS World...:wub: 

• Like 11

4 hours ago, daynci said:

i love the actors but this is a really slow episode. I think this drama they focus more on the romance. With moon and sun, i remember cry whole lot the few episodes. This one does make tears in your eyes but everything goes too slow.

Don't worry, you're not the only one. Many of us here noted the slow pace too, I also made a comment that if they packed everything in 16 eps the pace would have picked up, but I accepted the fact that with this plot, the pace might drag at times before coming into this show, so it reduces my disappointment somewhat. I think there will be more to see in ep 6. If you're not 100% happy with ep 5's pace, let's just leave it there and prepare ourselves to swoon in later eps ^^

To other dual Moon watchers & @PeachyPeach: I support PeachyPeach wholeheartedly. It's not about whether that person's comment reflects the whole fandom there or only some of them. It's the fact that despite numerous warnings in the past in the same thread to keep the names of other shows to the minimum or zero, that person still brings up Moonlight and discredits it, and NO ONE condemns them afterwards for such speculation. I understand the disappointment when one's beloved show doesn't get as much love as one wants it to be, but that feeling of hurt and disappointment is NEVER and IN NO WAY an excuse for accusing another competitor of playing media tricks. Not when they have no solid proof to back up their speculation.

I'm sure if the table turns again, many MDBC fans wil not get butthurt over getting lower ratings than their competitors. Many here and elsewhere were well-prepared even before MDBC premiered that it would not be able to match up to its competitor, judging from many factors. They accepted that the competitor had the upper hand, and didn't complain when almost everyone else was ready to bet on the other drama's success. People here genuinely rejoiced at the 8.5% rating for the first ep, calling it a good start and expressing happiness over it. I'm not sure if this will happen again if things change in the future, but I for one am confident that even if MDBC performs less well than its competitors rating-wise, it will not affect my enjoyment of the show or any other shows. IMHO, KBS was wise and made the right decision once in their life even if they weren't before, that is they sold exactly what MDBC is about: a youthful, gender-bender sageuk featuring two rising stars. They didn't go out of their way to advertise this drama as something grand, novel, or unique, or one-of-a-kind. It is the Korean audience's preference that matters. They know what to expect before coming into each drama, and it is up to them to make the decision whether to stay or leave. Getting butthurt over others' preference is pointless.

• Like 19

I keep seeing someone else in you bekytu24.gif this is my fav wooow  never expect yeong will ask that but yeah let the romance begin bekytu12.gif

gurumi5-00995.jpggurumi5-01067.jpgthis is ....... a bit confusing  to Ra-on which way to go bekytu11.gif   like trying to explain the  difference of right and left 

• Like 12

#MoonlightDrawnByClouds still cuts : #ParkBoGum #KimYooJung

CrqHhJvVIAEE29Y.jpg

CrqHjXSVUAEW8_4.jpg

hXIRQrn.gif

CrqKfVcUsAAu_Ax.jpg

'You Are My Everything' singer Gummy releases ‘Moonlight Drawn by Clouds’

Updated : September 06 2016
Spoiler

restmb_jhidxmake.php?idx=5&simg=20160906

Rhythm and blues singer Gummy on Monday at midnight released “Moonlight Drawn by Clouds,” the soundtrack of the eponymous KBS 2TV drama series. 

Gummy came to international attention after “You Are My Everything” was picked as the main theme song of KBS 2TV‘s TV series “Descendants of the Sun.”

The track is vying for the top spot in local charts with veteran ballad musician Lim Chang-jung’s new song, “The Love I Had,” tentatively in Korean. 

The track “Moonlight Drawn by Clouds” first premiered in the fourth episode of the drama when Prince Lee Young (Park Bo-gum) pursued a dancer but failed to recognize that it was his eunuch and close friend Hong Ra-on (Kim Yoo-jung). 

“Moonlight Drawn by Clouds” is the third original soundtrack of the periodic series, following Sistar‘s Soyou and musician Yoo Seung-woo’s duet “I Think I‘m Done Sleeping” and B1A4 member Sandeul’s “Swallowing My Heart.” A new soundtrack for the Monday-Tuesday series is released every Monday at midnight.

By Son Ji-hyoung (json@heraldcorp.com)

http://kpopherald.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=201609061601452533696_2

• Like 22

I love Kim Yoo Jung wholeheartedly. Its difficult not to compare this and moon embracing the sun, of course we all want this drama to repeat that success. I havent read the book so i dont know where the story goes. The drama is beautiful cinematographic, the music is excellent, the actors are beyond amazing. But the storyline so far is pretty much been there, done that. It stars with so-so, then amazing, then ok its cute. Ive been repeat the episodes few times already. I want better storyline not for the audience, but for this amazing cast, I want them to have a drama to remember.

• Like 12

1 hour ago, Ahpheng said:

@yuuinokokoro seriously?? Glad your colleagues are enjoying my strips eventhough they don't watch this drama. 

Every one kept asking why I was laughing/giggling so I had to show them. The fav. right know that even get the guys lol:ing is the one with CP asking who want to see him naked.  (^艸^)

• Like 3

“Moonlight Drawn By Clouds” Teases Series Of “Crazy Developments” Coming Soon

“Moonlight Drawn By Clouds” Teases Series Of “Crazy Developments” Coming Soon

On September 6, KBS’s “Moonlight Drawn By Clouds” released a still showingKim Yoo Jung, who plays Hong Ra On, on the verge of tears.

Hong Ra On is a girl who enters the palace as a eunuch and suffers through various close calls in protecting her identity as a female in the midst of a growing romance with Lee Young (Park Bo Gum), the crown prince. She remains positive and optimistic throughout her ordeal, so viewers are curious as to what it is that finally brings Hong Ra On to tears in the coming episode.

A source from the drama said, “Tonight, Ra On, who has stayed positive throughout all kinds of hardships, will end up spilling tears. With this as a starting point, there will be a continuous wave of crazy developments in the story.”

http://www.soompi.com/2016/09/06/moonlight-drawn-clouds-teases-series-crazy-developments-coming-soon/

• Like 17

5 hours ago, daynci said:

i want to ask the guy write the letter to the princess or the maid(?)

and aslo the river is not that deep lol

Clearly he was attracted to the maid - the hint given by RO was "the cold and coughing".  However, he mentioned the word "princess" as the one he was attracted too.  Maybe he got it  mixed up and that is how the letter reached the hand of the real princess. Love it when he thought "the girls" were looking at him and ran away but actually they were surprised to see the CP.   :lol:

• Like 9

5 minutes ago, Grace1003 said:

A source from the drama said, “Tonight, Ra On, who has stayed positive throughout all kinds of hardships, will end up spilling tears. With this as a starting point, there will be a continuous wave of crazy developments in the story.”

200.gif

• Like 12

8 minutes ago, daynci said:

I love Kim Yoo Jung wholeheartedly. Its difficult not to compare this and moon embracing the sun, of course we all want this drama to repeat that success. I havent read the book so i dont know where the story goes. The drama is beautiful cinematographic, the music is excellent, the actors are beyond amazing. But the storyline so far is pretty much been there, done that. It stars with so-so, then amazing, then ok its cute. Ive been repeat the episodes few times already. I want better storyline not for the audience, but for this amazing cast, I want them to have a drama to remember.

I understand your concern perfectly, but I guess it has something to do with her age. Most hit dramas requires packed content with very intense scenes which may even be age-related. The thing with KJY is her age now prevents her from accepting meatier projects with rich storyline. So for now, we as her fans must accept the fact that she will not be offered lead roles in adult romance dramas anytime soon (this one doesn't count because it's categorised as 'youthful' romance). Plus, dramas in Korea are often geared toward specific demographic groups, hence adult romance is a preferred, and almost a must, element where characters are often in their 20s or 30s, and there are only a few scripts each year which can be considered 'good'. There are already competitions in the pool of adult actresses, so it's unlikely that KJY will be considered for such a role.

But when she hits 19 and moves to her 20s, I think many scriptwriters and PDs will not miss their chance to court her for their drama. Many know too well her acting prowess and her popularity already.

• Like 7

@daynci It's a bit early to say whether this will be memorable or not considering  we are not even fully in romance part yet. There is almost no drama that is flawless it is just that some are really impressive in general we don't nitpick. I agree that writing is seemingly weakest link here but I also feel that it hasn't show its full potential as if they are drawing the bow and waiting right time to shot. I appreciate it because I really don't like randomness and even if the pace is slower now I like that characters keeps their own train of thoughts instead of forced to do things. Most speculated that underwater = revelation, but it served totally different purposes. 1. Crown Prince can't reach out to Ra On because of his status 2. They had bonding time while Ra On was dreaming about his mother which led to the main focus of the episode.

• Like 9