[Drama 2016] Moonlight Drawn by Clouds / Love in the Moonlight ☪ 구르미 그린 달빛

Maetawinz

Guest yumoreo5

I loved YS's noble and heroic death. I loved it the way it all played out. I wanted YS to have all of RO's attention, her tears, her heart, her feelings, her touch, and her eyes at that very moment, to be unshared with anyone. YS's words were so beautiful. His love for RO was perhaps the most beautiful of them all because knowing that he can never have RO, he still sacrificed, protected, and died for her. An unrequited love is the most painful because in the end, there is no hope for a happy ending, there's only hope of seeing the one you love happy with the one they love, who will never be you.

I think the only person Premier Kim truly loved was YS and ironically, YS was the one who went against all of his plots and plans. I guess, love hurts, even to the most evil and cruel. The evil Queen, even she had a heart that yearned for her father.

I really enjoyed the ending. They perhaps didn't have a wedding between LY and RO because that would be too fairy tale like and we know that reality doesn't always work out that way. PLUS the whole message was to live happily and simply, sharing a meal, holding hands, enjoying each others' company, walking in nature, that sort of thing that commoners enjoy but take for granted. By having LY and RO in each others' embrace in a garden with nature and free, it was the best ending. It doesn't matter if RO was a Queen or not, what matters most is she is LY's JOY and without her, LY wouldn't have become such an honorable, grounded, and humble King. I loved it how they ended it outside of the palace where dreams continue to be painted of a better tomorrow for everyone.

Hahah, the final kiss was all I asked for, really, so I'm sooo happy that we got it in the end. It was BEAUTIFUL, no wonder it was the highest peaked moment of the entire drama.

I loved the writers in that they never lost focus or lost the quality of the script. Everyone always had something memorable to say whether they were good or bad. I never skimmed or skipped any parts, everything was essential to the overall picture.

Thank you Bo Gum, Yoo Jung, Jinyoung, Dong Yeon, Soo Bin, and everyone else in the cast who made this drama an epic classic. Thank you PDnim, writers, and crew for working so hard in making this story come to life. Thank you everyone fan, every lurker, every contributor, every artist, every person that has made this journey extremely meaningful and memorable.

17 minutes ago, evil_zai said:

For years I've been a successful silent lurker on soompi, but I guess the love I have for this drama just can't be contained. I havent finished it, I was determined to not watch at all and wait for it to finish its run because I cannot imagine waiting a week per episode, but I gave in and watched until epi8 all in one sitting until I realized I had to stop because life got in the way. That didn't stop me from reading comments though, and I guess I just popped in to say how amazed and grateful I am to everyone on this thread. You guys have been very vocal and insightful and just pure delight to observe. It made my waiting so much more bearable and unbearable at the same time. I still have to wait until the wkend to finish watching, and sadly I won't have anyone to spazz with, but I am still quite happy to have somehow shared the experience with you all. Cannot wait for the young casts' next projects. Initially went into it because I knew PBG could never do wrong in my eyes, and I've loved KYJ since tmets, but KDY is such a delighful discovery. I fear I have been corrupted and this has signalled my more active commenting on some other threads, but know that mdbc holds the disctinction of breaking my control and EQ.

Waiting for caps from the fansign later! Will definitely sneak in a peek even while at work, coz it's more exciting that way.:D

Hmmm welcome to the world of Soompi.... Stop being a lurker here, you will have pimples if you do *grin* 

• Like 15

23 minutes ago, inlovewithmdbc said:

Hi @evil_zai, you can always come back here to spazz. i'm sure there will be those who haven't watched it yet finding their way here and the current fans won't mind spazzing with you.

Omg dont make that kind of invitation. I can spazz for ages then spazz again when i rewatch. And i rewatch too often to be called sane. Haha! It's rinse and repeat for me, and i have been at this for more than a decade! Oops.. mightve given away my age a bit there. But yes, i think i will be visiting this thread for quite a while yet

• Like 18

4 hours ago, PororoQueen said:

@in00022, Nado... Nado heartbroken :(

Hmm... I am still so curious with Kim Yoo Jung, If we are the fans can't get away with Bo Gum's charm. What about her who's been so close with PBG for ... around 3 months or so? Oh Noooo... she's gonna have Separation Anxiety :bawling: or the other way around, PBG will have separation anxiety???

I think they all ( not only bogum n yoojung but all cast ) should have some withdrawal syndrome as well like us ... especially they always been together for few months non stop .... for bogum and yoojung  since i am not them ... i cant answer your question :P... but i think less or more maybe they have some feeling for each other or only has feeling as oppa and dongsaeng ... who knows ... the one who know only both of them :grimace:

• Like 18

Another video of fans waiting for fanmeeting ... so many fans coming ... i thought only 200 fans able to join the fanmeet rite ?? Watching the video it must be more than 200 ppl there ... wow ...see the caption are they saying more than 1000 ppl there ?? @.@ they should let more fans to join ... 

• Like 14

1 minute ago, eblasala said:

Quick question... what is the difference of special episode 1 from episode 1.? Are there scenes in specual episode 1 that are not included in normal episodes? 

If I'm not wrong, the special episode is the condensed version of ep 1 - 4.

• Like 7

Just now, stroppyse said:

So, on my re-watch, I actually liked Ha Yeon even more in the final episode. She was smart enough to recognize RO even with her face mask on. When she went to see how the CP was doing, and caught Yeong and RO in an intimate pose, she didn't burst through the doors in outrage. She was in horror as realization crossed over her face at what she was witnessing, but then she closed the doors quietly, leaving the lovers to their privacy, while finally understanding that she would never have that position with the CP even if she was the Crown Princess.

Then, she made up her mind to not be the Crown Princess under those circumstances, which was such a rational thing to do. She decided that rather than suffering a one sided love within the palace where she would be alone and miserable, constrained by various rules and customs, she would rather live alone, pleasing herself. It's a Joseon equivalent of "I don't want a guy who doesn't want me anyway. Better off alone." 

It was good of the king to void the whole marriage selection process, freeing HY up to live as she will and to marry a man if she finds one to her liking. Though, it's HY herself reaching her decision after facing reality head on that was important, I think. And, in her final scene, as she's leaving, she becomes again the proud, light-hearted Ha Yeon that we first met, though probably with more maturity having gone through her royal experiences. 

I'm liking her on the last episode though I despite her pesky attitude when it comes to wooing CP so it's great to see her eyes wide open that she will never ever be able to be happy marrying CP.

I find her final scene liberating and I know she will find someone else who will loves her back someday. I don't know why the writer can't make Yoon Sung to have the same fate even if it's for fanservice sake, not to mention the lack of recognition of his death on the epilogue (but I haven't watched the sub yet so maybe they mentioned him in passing comments).

• Like 11

8 minutes ago, eblasala said:

I hope  they will release a Director's cut... I would love to buy 1... Can't get enough of this drama :-)

Should follow the footsteps of DOTS. Now in the interest survey stage. I expect it to be around 280 USD before shipping. Really wish they can make it more affordable. Can we request for them to include the couplet bracelet as free gift for those who order the Director's Cut? Didn't realise it would be sold out so soon.

• Like 16