Discussion | SOOMPIERS IN PARADISE: SHIPPERS' CONTEST 2016

akinahana89

1 hour ago, akinahana89 said:

LOL I know what you mean about election season. My candidate lost in my state yesterday.

But to answer your question, I will screencap the results directly from the page the poll was set up in. It is difficult to make up numbers and charts with that. Plus, it's also far more work than necessary for something meant for pure fun, like the Shippers' Contest. We're all honest mods here. There's no need to falsify the results. ^^

Thanks!

Thanks also for responding in the spirit of the question.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On Thursday, February 25, 2016 at 4:26 AM, akinahana89 said:

I N F O R M A T I O N - O N - R O U N D - T W O

Round 2: Fan Art

Explanation: 2 examples of fan art (2 originals | 1000 pixels x 1000 pixels maximum). 1 gif per fandom is permissible (600 pixels x 450 pixels | 2 MB maximum).

Original means fanart created solely for the purpose of the Shippers' Contest. No premades allowed. Other than that, please follow all other requirements and go wild with creativity on this themeless fanart round. Show us what you've got!

..good day moderators.. just want to ask if it is ok for gif to go over a little bit above 2MB but not exceeding 3MB ?? coz the gif creator are having hard time to limit their works on 2MB max.. thank you for the reply.. 

2 hours ago, alou said:

..good day moderators.. just want to ask if it is ok for gif to go over a little bit above 2MB but not exceeding 3MB ?? coz the gif creator are having hard time to limit their works on 2MB max.. thank you for the reply.. 

I'm sorry, but we're going to be firm on the 2MB maximum for a gif in order to prevent slow loading pages (or pages that won't load at all) for those without access to high speed internet. You can always shorten the gif or use a slightly smaller dimension to prevent exceeding the file limit. ^^;

6 hours ago, akinahana89 said:

I'm sorry, but we're going to be firm on the 2MB maximum for a gif in order to prevent slow loading pages (or pages that won't load at all) for those without access to high speed internet. You can always shorten the gif or use a slightly smaller dimension to prevent exceeding the file limit. ^^;

..thanks for the reply :) ..i'll have it relay to the artists.. 

Dear mods,

I need an explanation on this:

29ve2y1.png

I opened the page on march 5, at 00.05 KST (I'm in GMT +8 timezone). Why is the poll closed now (march 5th) while the description said march 6? I know the poll was originally set to march 2-4 but on the article it says march 6 and it was also announced here that the polling will be extended until march 6. Which date is right?

(And actualy I still wonder why the date on the article is February 25th while it was actually published on March 2nd)

Thank you anyway :)

Hey shippers! The poll should be open again! For some reason, the extended poll date didn't save properly, but it's fixed now! Sorry about that! (I extended it for a few more hours to make up for it.) 

As for the date of the article being different from the publishing date... The draft date was the one in February and the publish date was in March. (Remember my previous announcement about the article being passed back and forth between me and the editor? That's why there's the time gap.)

A N N O U N C E M E N T

Wow, Shippers. Wow! The voting for Round One has come to a close and we gathered over 24,000 votes! Now, I bet you're wondering what the results are, aren't you?

Ranking from first place to last place, here are the results:

1. Kwak Si Yang & Kim So Yeon (SiSo Couple)
2. Lee Jong Hyun & Gong Seung Yeon (GongLee Couple)
3. Park Bo Gum & Lee Hyeri (SunTaek Couple)
4. Kim Jong Kook & Song Ji Hyo (Spartace Couple)
5. Kim Jung Hwan & Sung Deok Sun (Gaeddeok Couple)
6. Hong Seol & Yoo Jung (Cheesy Couple)
7. Ji Chang Wook & Park Min Young (ChangMin Couple)
8. Jang Wooyoung & Park Se Young (YY Couple)
9. Oh Min Suk & Kang Ye Won (OhYe Couple)
10. Ryu Jun Yeol & Park Bo Gum (YeolGum Couple)

Spoiler

56dcff54336dd_ShippersContestRoundOneRes

Round One was an elimination round, however, since Lee Jong Suk and Park Shin Hye (Darling Couple) was disqualified for failing to submit an entry, all ten fandoms are safely moving to Round Two! Congratulations and great work, shippers!! See you all in Round Two's thread! ^^

11 hours ago, akinahana89 said:

A N N O U N C E M E N T

Wow, Shippers. Wow! The voting for Round One has come to a close and we gathered over 24,000 votes! Now, I bet you're wondering what the results are, aren't you?

Hide contents

56dcff54336dd_ShippersContestRoundOneRes

Round One was an elimination round, however, since Lee Jong Suk and Park Shin Hye (Darling Couple) was disqualified for failing to submit an entry, all ten fandoms are safely moving to Round Two! Congratulations and great work, shippers!! See you all in Round Two's thread! ^^

Congraturations Siso Couple :wub:

11-28_wgm_kim_so_yeon_kwak_si_yang_3.jpe

Hi, @akinahana89. Thank you for the results and congratulations to all the ships that are moving on.

I have a question about fanart regarding what is considered original:

If the work hasn't been posted to social media or open thread, and started after the contest was announced, with the sole use being for this contest, would the work still be considered original?

(The art work has been discussed in private group thread prior to official round 2 announcement but after contest announcement.)

Also, after round 2 submission closes, would we be able to circulate art to promote contest? Who has ownership/user right to image?

-----

Thank you.

2 hours ago, GrandPoohBear said:

Hi, @akinahana89. Thank you for the results and congratulations to all the ships that are moving on.

I have a question about fanart regarding what is considered original:

If the work hasn't been posted to social media or open thread, and started after the contest was announced, with the sole use being for this contest, would the work still be considered original?

(The art work has been discussed in private group thread prior to official round 2 announcement but after contest announcement.)

Also, after round 2 submission closes, would we be able to circulate art to promote contest? Who has ownership/user right to image?

-----

Thank you.

Yes, your discussed work is still considered original because it was formulated after the contest announcement and has not been posted anywhere else.

All rights to the image still belongs solely to the original creator/fandom, so you are free to distribute to other forms of social media after submitting it here as your entry first.

On 3/7/2016 at 11:18 AM, akinahana89 said:

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa... at least no. 3.. ^^

:wub::wub::wub::wub:

Congratulations to all teams!! My favorite round is up next, and I can't wait to see your wonderful and creative artworks!

Fighting!!!

hqdefault.jpg

Archived