[Drama 2016] The Royal Gambler 대박

Go Seung Ji

@bebe1989

" I dont know, but i feel yeoning will marriage her. "

No I don't think Prince Yeoning will marry Dam Seo

If they follow historical records, Prince Yeoning later Yeongjo 2nd Queen Consort was a Kim & married her in 1759, by then he was already 65 years old

An articles on Yeongjo writings

http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news/art/2015/12/142_92244.html

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, gerrytan8063 said:

@bebe1989

If they follow historical records, Prince Yeoning later Yeongjo 2nd Queen Consort was a Kim & married her in 1759, by then he was already 65 years old

But the story seems like not follow historical records.. Since they only using "name" from joseon era.. So it sound possible to yeoning marriage.. To save her, or to help her.. 

If they using joseon era historical, they will make another "woman" who have the exact name to be yeoning wife.. But Since yeoning also one of candidate to be prince or king..and we only saw dam seo the only woman here.  So i assume dam seo could be his wife the way "the king" mention about "they look good together"

il jwa also push damseo to using yeoning, to push her close with yeoning to get what iljwa wanted.. Isnt this possible he will push her even harder to marriage???since daegil out of the scenes.. 

"And this is just my opinion" if this happen or not... I still dont know.. Hehehe..

i just watching how the story drag yeoning a lot with damseo.. The writer doesnt push hard romance element here.. They made 2 candidate strong both side.. 

But i know damseo only eye with daegil..

17 minutes ago, gerrytan8063 said:

@bebe1989

I AGREE WITH YOU...SHE SAVED DAEGIL THAT DAY AND WHEN HE REJECTED HER LOOKED HEARTBROKEN...HE CALLED HER HIS BRIDE FIRST!!!

ABOUT THE POSTERS FOUND IN THE PALACE WHO PUT ITS THERE?WAS DAEGIL MASTER?OR THE MONSTER?THE KING WAS TOO CALM WAS LIKE HE EXPECTED THIS MESSAGE...IF DAEGIL MASTER IS SECRETLY WORKING FOR THE KING THEN COULD MEAN MY MISSION IS OVER I'LL BRING HIM TO YOU ...OF COURSE IS JUST A THEORY

I don't think Dam Seo will be with Yeoning. Obviously she likes Dagil. Either both will die tryin to kill the bad guy or both will live and went away leaving Yeoning ruling the kingdom. :)

Overall good drama and it's always interesting! The king is scary!! haha...

18 hours ago, bebe1989 said:

@wasted_youth i agree with you.. Seems like yeoning and dam seo more like couple here.. And the director push them together more than daegil and damseo.. I dont know, but i feel yeoning will marriage her.  Since the king mentions while holding dam seo hand.. " you two look good together" (something like that" and she already meet yeoning mom..

i dont want to ship them, but their scenes more meaning full each ep.. Since daegil busy with his revenge.. And yeoning helping damseo without questioning her intention..

i dont know, daegil and damseo seems like having sad fate. While yeoning, will do everything to damseo.. He always protect damseo, yes daegil too. But it safe to having yeoning on her side. Since yeoning will tried to save her no matter what, yeoning also know damseo background..meanwhile daegil, didnt really know about her..

I know damseo have eyes to daegil, but it seems hard to ship them, because yeoning always on the spot with damseo.. Okay, deepest in my heart i want damseo with yeoning. (Since im fans Yeojingoo) lol..

------------ ||| ------------

I dont know what on the king mind.. But i already mention, that the king have eyes on ppl arround him.. He looks scary, but also he like a nice man to me.. It seems nice to know him, watching all ppl arround him.. So, i wish the king already know about daegil..

The way yeoning mom told damseo about "the killer" who killed her dad.. It seems like she know that she was without purpose kill her dad.. 

We all know damseo dad, was traitor who worked with iljwa.. 

Daegil mention want to stop his master to kill the king, why???? It seems like he doesnt want to make his master kill someones else.. 

And the reason the master wanted to kill king, i would said its was weak purpose.. Since its not the king wanted, its the master problem with "king subordinate" its not king will..

ok i have feeling daegil and his brother have the same goal to kill iljwa..please add more bromancee !

I think ep 8 is more interesting than ep 7.. Please add more romance scenes.. Haha

@bebe1989  I think the King was being sarcastic.. He knows she's connected to the crazy monster and knows he sent her to get cloxse to YY to go after him he didn't ask to hold her hands for nothing he was seeing if those hands indeed was trained to hold a sword but she don't know why nor did the monster not tell her to never let the King not touch her.. As for YY he knows of her intentions but having her around would give him some kind og clue when the monster and the minister might rebel and yes it was the monster that posted the picture to draw out DG master.. He just haven't factored in DG role in all this because I think DG is going to kill damseo and the monster..

@gerrytan8063   Thanks for the article on YY writings

12 minutes ago, valsava said:

I think DG is going to kill damseo and the monster..

i think he will kill the monster too !same way the monster killed YISOO,but not Damseo ...he did not call her his bride/wife for nothing !As i said before they both have strong feelings for each other!!!

1 hour ago, valsava said:

@bebe1989  I think the King was being sarcastic.. He knows she's connected to the crazy monster and knows he sent her to get cloxse to YY to go after him he didn't ask to hold her hands for nothing he was seeing if those hands indeed was trained to hold a sword but she don't know why nor did the monster not tell her to never let the King not touch her.. As for YY he knows of her intentions but having her around would give him some kind og clue when the monster and the minister might rebel and yes it was the monster that posted the picture to draw out DG master.. He just haven't factored in DG role in all this because I think DG is going to kill damseo and the monster..

@gerrytan8063   Thanks for the article on YY writings

I dont know yeoning attention, since he was smart as prince. .but the king indeed scary but also smart person.. Honestly the king character more attractive than other.. I hope choi min soo get alot screen time then iljwa.. 

Its true.. Dg want to kill the monster, but to do this things, he need to kill damseo first, (since dg was clueless about her background) since damseo insist to her self wont accept the truth.

its already eight ep.. Still no romance movement. Huft.. (I got tired with il jwa power, and minions) the king have chance to kill him, but he doesnt kill him.. "Ok i know this is just drama" but the writer better to makes something new here ! i just feel something missing in this drama. :blink:

2 minutes ago, bebe1989 said:

I dont know yeoning attention, since he was smart as prince. .but the king indeed scary but also smart person.. Honestly the king character more attractive than other.. I hope choi min soo get alot screen time then iljwa.. 

Its true.. Dg want to kill the monster, but to do this things, he need to kill damseo first, (since dg was clueless about her background) since damseo insist to her self wont accept the truth.

its already eight ep.. Still no romance movement. Huft.. (I got tired with il jwa power, and minions) the king have chance to kill him, but he doesnt kill him.. "Ok i know this is just drama" but the writer better to makes something new here ! i just feel something missing in this drama. :blink:

@bebe1989  I love the king he just call people on they it like put up or shut up and he's teaching YY how to live up to his true potentials and knowing how to give up something for a greater cause.. he's showing YY politics isn't easy and how bto use him the monster is just to cocky and arrogant.. I think he should not be killed death is to good for him he bshould be chained up like the one he got out..    

1 hour ago, valsava said:

@bebe1989  I love the king he just call people on they it like put up or shut up and he's teaching YY how to live up to his true potentials and knowing how to give up something for a greater cause.. he's showing YY politics isn't easy and how bto use him the monster is just to cocky and arrogant.. I think he should not be killed death is to good for him he bshould be chained up like the one he got out..    

The king seems too smart handle this matter, so i need yeoning stop to came at iljwa place, when yeoning still not ready for this battle..

Also Its better someone will manipulate the monster. He seems quiet surprise with damseo confessed about she was shaking after met the king.. I wonder if  the monster get betrayed by damseo later.. :angry:

(I want him out of the scenes once or two ep) lol

3 minutes ago, bebe1989 said:

Its better someone will manipulate the monster. He seems quiet surprise with damseo confessed about she was shaking after met the king.. I wonder if  the monster get betrayed by damseo later.. :angry:

(I want him out of the scenes once or two ep) lol

Let's hope so

Hello everyone - There is a really really nice explanation of each of the individual characters in the drama posted on the Eels Family, on this blog below - which has these really well written episode summaries, and also includes the historical background of the main players....I gained so much insight after reading these - Thank you to Valerie Kaye Taozen from The Eeels Family, Thank you to Eels Family for allowing me to post these as long as I credited everyone involved...want to encourage their hard work in this matter!!

http://www.theeelsfamily.com/2016/03/daebak-appendix-daegil-dead-prince.html?showComment=1461253075643#c3845157125948181362

And the original information is actually from the epiphany blog: 

Tuesday, March 22, 2016
[DAEBAK Appendix] DAEGIL - The dead prince
Writer: Valerie Kaye Taozen from TEF
Proofreading : Fenny Setiawan from TEF
Admin Note:
Daebak drama will be airing on the 28th March 2016. This post is part of TEF Blog activity to promote the drama. We would like eels and viewers to understand each of the drama character. Today, let's start with DaeGil :).

671_10205688031391196_452933991015903038

As everyone prepares to watch Daebak, separating fact from fiction helps in understanding the story and the political history of the times in which Dae-gil lived.
So, let’s start at the beginning of Dae-Gil’s life.
By 1693, King Sukjong of Joseon was becoming tired of the machination of the Soron faction and his current Queen, Jang Ok Jung (Hui-Bin). Since Queen In Hyeon had not produced any children that Sukjong desperately wanted, Hui-Bin was raised from concubine to Queen after the birth of her son, Yi Yun (later known as King Gyeongjong). His previous Queen, In Hyeon, a member of the Noron Faction, was exiled and many among her family and faction were either exiled or killed as a result of the Yi Yun’s birth and the raising of Hui-Bin to queen.
Think of it this way: a guy desperately wants a son. His wife can’t give him any children and he begins a legal affair. The woman with whom he has an affair gives birth to a son so he decides to dump his legal wife in favor of his mistress…and not only that he decides to dump her relatives in the most harsh way possible.
But the affection between the new Royal Queen Consort and King Sukjong failed to last. Some say it was the political intrigues of the time that caused her downfall.
Regardless, enter stage right, Choi Suk-Bin.
It’s said that while King Sukjong was passing Choi Dong Yi’s room, he saw kneeling before a small alter, praying for the health and safety of former Queen In Hyeon. He was so moved by her kindness and modesty that he took her for his next concubine.
 That maiden has been given various names in dramas and history, but the most commonly known are Dong-Yi, made famous from the drama of the same name, and Choi Suk-Bin, the name by which she is most commonly referred. Little is known about her as she came from the lowest class of Joseon society. It’s stated that she entered the palace as a musuri or water maid, i.e. a palace slave, as the age of seven. Essentially, that means her primary job was to wash clothes.
Regardless, she caught King Sukjong’s eye and was elevated to the status of concubine. In 1693, she gave birth to her first son, Prince Yeongsu, by Sukjong. The records say Yeongsu died young. However, the records do not provide a reason for his death or a date. Furthermore, the historical record says there was some speculation, undoubtedly on the part of the Soron Faction seeking to protect Hui-Bin and her young prince, that Yongsu was not the son of Sukjong but the child of a previous lover. Now, remember too that Lady Choi was a member of the Noron Faction, which was out of power, so it behooved the dominant Soron Faction to claim Yongsu’s illegitimacy.
Nevertheless, the next year, in 1694, two things occurred that affected the political history of the Joseon Dynasty. The first was that King Sukjong demoted his current queen, Hui-Bin as she’s most commonly known, while returning his former queen, In Hyeon, to the throne. The second is that Lady Choi gave birth to another son, Prince Yeonying (Yi-Geum) who later became King Yeongjo.
Separating fact from fiction…
What if, however, the infant Prince Yeongsu did not die? Let’s speculate for a moment that Sukjong believed the rumors that Yongsu was the son of a former Lady Choi lover and not his son? He certainly wouldn’t want this infant to someday to inherit the throne. Obviously, the infant must die!
Now, let’s pretend for a moment that instead of dying, the infant Prince Yongsu was spirited out of the palace, by Norons loyal to Lady Choi and Queen In Hyeon, to live as a commoner…and that the infant Yongsu grows up under the assumed name of Dae-Gil.
Unaware that he is the half brother of Gyeongjong and the full brother of Yeonying, Dae-Gil, nevertheless, possesses all the cunning and intelligence of his father, Sukjong. Using his inherited abilities, he grows up to become a magnificent swindler and gambler (tajja).
What then?
Prince Gyeonjong becomes King in 1720, after the death of Sukjong. The Soron faction reigns supreme, and Prince Yeongyin’s life is under constant threat because he is supported by the Noron faction. Nevertheless, he is made Crown Prince Successor Brother (wangseje) four months after Gyeongjong assumes the throne.
Four years pass. Yeongyin has assumed most of the duties of his sickly brother. Then, King Gyeongjong dies. Yeongjong is accused by the Soron faction of killing the King, but he overcomes the accusations to become King Yeongju.
So…what of Dae-Gil, the supposedly dead infant Prince Yeongsu? Only the writer, cast and crew know.

Thanks @jkseel very interesting !!!Telling the truth i have the feeling that the king(this drama character)has no doubts that Yeongsu is his son...nurses mentioned the baby birthmark...i always thought that Daegil and the king have same birthmark...

20 minutes ago, andy78 said:

Thanks @jkseel very interesting !!!Telling the truth i have the feeling that the king(this drama character)has no doubts that Yeongsu is his son...nurses mentioned the baby birthmark...i always thought that Daegil and the king have same birthmark...

andy78 - please let me know if you want me to post that gorgeous pic of DaeGil without his shirt on that shows the BIRTHMARK!! That I originally posted and then deleted because I felt that he was too awesome looking without his shirt and didn't want to embarrass myself with fangirling!!!

I agree with you!! I think the King knew that was his own son, but he was heavily pressured by Hee Bin Faction with their verbalized rumors that this was not his son...

Actually - if you're a guy - you may not be overly enthusiastic of seeing the brithmark on DaeGil's chest...

Also andy78 - you should also check out the background entries on the same blog above for DaeGil's mom, the King, and Yi Jin Hwa...

33 minutes ago, jkseel said:

andy78 - please let me know if you want me to post that gorgeous pic of DaeGil without his shirt on that shows the BIRTHMARK!! That I originally posted and then deleted because I felt that he was too awesome looking without his shirt and didn't want to embarrass myself with fangirling!!!

Actually - if you're a guy - you may not be overly enthusiastic of seeing the brithmark on DaeGil's chest...

Also andy78 - you should also check out the background entries on the same blog above for DaeGil's mom, the King, and Yi Jin Hwa...

i'm not a guy!!you can post ...you can use spoiler if you feel embarrassed !!!I hope later we will see king BIRTHMARK this way Daegil identity will not be questioned at least in front of his brother ....

2 hours ago, andy78 said:

i'm not a guy!!you can post ...you can use spoiler if you feel embarrassed !!!I hope later we will see king BIRTHMARK this way Daegil identity will not be questioned at least in front of his brother ....

OK everyone - here are several pics of JKS with the birthmark. I am putting it in the spoiler because I don't want people fainting and hyperventilating when they see this...Note - he is not wearing a shirt!

Spoiler

birthmark_zpsnx0mqvhg.png

you can also see the sternal wound from the arrow or shuriken in his chest...no wonder everyone thought he was an 8 month old baby when he was born in 6 months - his fate is too strong....

birthmark%20discreet_zpsr6zojj5s.png

Archived