[Drama 2016] Happy Home 가화만사성

larus

Since I am not familiar with those family dramas, I wonder iwhat will happen with So Yeon's marriage  I mean, cold husband, demanding mother in law, family in trouble if happens to pop another charming sweet male to confort like in most marriage dramas, things will get complicated. Even in real life is common a third person in middle of couple issues.

I wonder if min woo is casted instead of cnblue's guy, they around same age could be since the other wasn't confirmed.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, dannah5 said:

Since I am not familiar with those family dramas, I wonder iwhat will happen with So Yeon's marriage  I mean, cold husband, demanding mother in law, family in trouble if happens to pop another charming sweet male to confort like in most marriage dramas, things will get complicated. Even in real life is common a third person in middle of couple issues.

Yes, it is true. There is a possibility to appear a third person... but I hope not unless Hae Ryung`s husband is a bad man. Maybe it was marriage based on love. In the present, after 13 years of marriage maybe they face a crisis (husband workaholic, different personalities, demanding mother in law) but they will find love again. I would love to see this story.  If the husband is a real bastard, then it will definitely be another love possibility for Hae kyung and I`m rooting for them. :)

It is frustrating to not understand Korean/ without translations. Hope, at least, this drama will be translated.:sweatingbullets:

@larusThe previous drama, Mom has a crowd of cast~~~ I think we may have a third person like you said...

So, we'll also have a large crowd in this drama as well may be. And duration of each episode is 75 minutes? 

So far, we have 2 pairs of couple already now. Bong daddy-mommy and Hae Ryung-Hyung Ki couple.

Who will be Bong Man-ho??? Han Mi-Soon's husband...lol.

Bong daddy and mommy - threat of divorce. HR-HK couple - cold and quiet marriage life. Younger son MH-MS couple - finally get divorced and wife plans for revenge. It sounds like Makjang to me...:rolleyes: Anyone knows previous drama "Mom" is Makjang or not?

And Bong daddy and mommy have 2 kids so far..Bong Hae Ryung (daughter) and Bong Man Ho (son). So, that's it?

i think we will have to wait for a few days to see the whole cast~~~ and a few weeks to see their preparation of the drama.

2 hours ago, brbe33 said:

So far, we have 2 pairs of couple already now. Bong daddy-mommy and Hae Ryung-Hyung Ki couple.

Bong daddy and mommy - threat of divorce. HR-HK couple - cold and quiet marriage life. Younger son MH-MS couple - finally get divorced and wife plans for revenge. It sounds like Makjang to me...:rolleyes: Anyone knows previous drama "Mom" is Makjang or not?

And Bong daddy and mommy have 2 kids so far..Bong Hae Ryung (daughter) and Bong Man Ho (son). So, that's it?

I seriously doubt that "Bong daddy and mommy" have only two children. So far we have the first daughter Hae Kyung and we know about the spoiled son Bong Man Ho. Just looking at the poster for some of the current family dramas, I saw so many characters, I assumed they are from the same family (extended family). We have an uncle as well. I don`t think I want too many characters in this drama. Hope they give good stories and plenty of screen time to all the main cast (let developed them properly) and the other supporting cast to help the plot. I am curious who will play Bong Man Ho as I said it before. Reading the synopsis, I find him a looser, not somebody to root for, to like instantly. IMO, they have to cast a good actor in this role and to give him a proper story to "grow up", somebody who can make us love to hate and to give him the opportunity to change our dislike...  I don`t know how to explain properly. It is just my feeling.

So far all three couples are so unhappy... :tears: Makjang you say? I hate makjang. I never watched this kind of drama before. I avoided as much as possible. I really hope the writer can balance the story, make it believable and meaningful without exaggeration. We only can only hope we`ll have a good time watching this drama.

I don't know how to direct reply :sweatingbullets:

Larus, I was thinking about that cause they mentioned the situation on the drama and since they make sure we understand she is in a bad moment of her life, I mean her mom and dad divorcing, probally dealing with brothers/sisters issues since she is the eldest, a husband that probally won't care much about that since the cold hearted was very emphatic, a mother in law that probally is a source of stress, those are the unusual things of a married woman, without counting the rest, kids, house issues, relationship problems and the routine. I don't know, since I am married for 15 years already, I kind of understand what they trying to picture, is a moment that she is vulnerable and probally strugling to be the strong one. Even being a calm and positive person, things kind of fated to change living that picture.  The cast doesn't seem like a comedy one, so I tend to think is a very dramatic and emotional drama. And her husband even if he isnt a bad guy, leaving someone totally alone is not cool. In western dramas just that would lead to a divorce hehe but since is korean, I have no clue what to expect, but thinking carefully, if they know how to make the story could be a very good drama. Family is most hardcore battlefield :vicx:

2 hours ago, brbe33 said:

I forgot to mention something. With a dad so demanding, a perfectionist, a man who is like an "absolute monarch" like it is said in the synopsis, how this man could bring a mistress at home and divorced his wife? How he was allowed to behave so badly? It is said that the mother was a dedicated wife and mother, so maybe she gave everything to the family but maybe that`s the problem. Why raised him like a little prince? Hope it was not because he is a boy.

@dannah5  first, I like to thank you for your reply. It is good when we have someone to talk to.

This drama is not a comedy. It was said that it was a family melodrama but I am still hoping is not a makjang. The writer could avoid that if she is skilled enough to generate conflict with real life situations. I love emotional moments in dramas but I hope she will give warm and some comic relief moments too.  I love how you summarized Hae Ryung`s situation. I agree that family is the most "hardcore battlefield" and I understand how she may be affected with all these family situation, adding her own family problems. The story has potential to be good. I am curious how the writer will developed the story, how it will be resolved. I secretly hope for some women "revolution" in this drama. Let them assert themselves and try to become happy on their own, to seek for their happiness not only live for the family. 

1 hour ago, dannah5 said:

I don't know how to direct reply

I will help you.  You wanted to mention a name (tagged a name) like I did in the beginning of my post?  That`s easy. Put this sign @ and then you should write the name you want to mention. If you are lucky :) often the name or similar names will appear and you must choose the one you want. That`s it. Sometimes it doesn`t work properly but you should not give up at the first try.

Sorry for my English. I know it is not that good but I hope you understood what I was trying to explain.

^_^@larusohhh thanks, gonna test :D  Oh now I see! And ur english looks just perfect to me 

So, I totally agree with u, but too many macho man in this drama it seems, I mean, would require something really drastic to change them to adapt to a woman evolving. Maybe that will apply the Makjang case @brbe33 mentioned.

I humm was thinking, thinking about what u guys said, the 3 unhappy marriages, is funny the name of the drama is Happy home, or even the restaurant with that name. Doesn't seem like a happy family at all :mellow:

I would love to see a house wife revolting and leaving all behind, buuuuuuuuut that aint option in korea lol So I am affraid she will be a doormat, those that suffer a lot.Maybe watching the drama the producer/director/writer made will help to have an idea, gonna check them.

@dannah5: I see that you succeeded.  :) I am glad I could help you.

Yes, so far all three marriages are not giving us a happy home image. I am afraid the women suffered in silence too much already. Hope Hae Kyung will learn something from her mother`s experience and not wait 40 years until you do something to change the current bad situation.

It`s funny how we talk about this drama but we don`t really know many things about it. Even if we are wrong in our assumptions, it`s good.  It is making the wait more bearable and we stay in touch with this drama until we could watch it. 

Park Min-woo, Yoon Jin-yi join weekend drama All’s Well With a Happy Home
by girlfriday

Leads Kim So-yeon (Falling for Innocence) and Lee Pil-mo (Who Are You—School 2015) have been confirmed for MBC’s new weekend drama All’s Well With a Happy Home, about a family that runs a Chinese restaurant and gets into lots of fights, but always makes up over a warm bowl of jajangmyun. And now we’ve got a pair of cute, bubbly co-stars in Park Min-woo (Modern Farmer) and Yoon Jin-yi (Discovery of Romance), who’ve signed on to join the series.

The new drama from the writer-director team behind Feast of the Gods stars Kim So-yeon as the eldest daughter of a family that runs a large restaurant in Chinatown. Kim Young-chul (Jang Young-shil) plays her father, a self-made man who started with nothing and painstakingly built a successful restaurant that prides itself on fresh, high quality quality food. Mom Won Mi-kyung (Confession) is the patient type who typically holds everything in, until one day when she’ll surprise her family.

Kim So-yeon will be married to Lee Pil-mo, a managing director at a large corporation who’s a perfectionist and a cold workaholic. He comes from a wealthy family, and though on the outside it appears that Kim So-yeon has the perfect marriage, she’ll have tense relationships with both her husband and her mother-in-law..

Read more - http://www.dramabeans.com/2016/01/park-min-woo-yoon-jin-yi-join-weekend-drama-alls-well-with-a-happy-home/

Finally, there is an article in English about this drama.  It validates what I understood from RAW translations. So far, Hae Ryung does not have a happy marriage but I want to see how she will find her "happy family" in the end. Whatever will be ....

I am ready to watch this drama.

@larus @dannah5 @AshleyL Wow! New update! :w00t:

in Korea wiki, update is :

Hae Ryung's family : 

Kim Young Chul - Bong Sam Bong

Won Mi Kyung - Bae Sook Nyeo

Yoon Da Hoon - Bong Sam Shik

Ji Su Won - Bong Sam Sook

Kim Sarang (child actor/actress) - Bong Sun Hwa

This says Bong daddy has one brother and one sister. And the kid!! Whose kid is it?

Yes indeed, Bong family is extending.

기사이미지

Kim Young Chul, Yoon Da hoon and Ji Su Won will from a trio siblings, two brother and one sister.

Bong Sam Bong started as a delivery boy and now he owns the biggest restaurant in China Town. Yoon Da Hoon takes the role of spoiled brother maknae and Ji Su won will play Sambong`s sister.

http://stoo.asiae.co.kr/news/view.htm?sec=enter99&idxno=2016011511550521067

Lee Sang Woo confirmed to join the drama  as Kim So Yeon's twin brother. 

http://www.tvreport.co.kr/?c=news&m=newsview&idx=854346

Another news say he's  not confirm yet, and it seems like he got offer not the twin role, but the main role, i'm wondering if his role would be So Yeon's love interests :)) if the husband is cold-heart they are not happy together, i'm sure there would be another man come along to treasure and love her. I hope sang woo and So yeon play a couple, not a twin brother. They would make a beautiful couple lol

http://www.xportsnews.com/jenter/?ac=article_view&entry_id=682394&_REFERER=http%3A%2F%2Fsearch.daum.net%2Fnate%3Fnil_suggest%3Dbtn%26w%3Dtot%26DA%3DSBCO%26q%3D%25EC%259D%25B4%25EC%2583%2581%25EC%259A%25B0

1 hour ago, AshleyL said:

Lee Sang Woo confirmed to join the drama  as Kim So Yeon's twin brother. 

He can be Bong Man ho!!! U think?

Edit : after reading part of the article..yes! He's going to be Bong Man ho, a spoiled husband and HR's twin elder brother (twin oppa).

8 minutes ago, AshleyL said:

@brbe33 But his agency says that he got offer to play in the drama but not the twin role. He will play a doctor role. 

Oh yeah..it is confusing. :crazy:

The other news said that. And the previous news seems to be edited, there is no character name in it anymore. I saw it at first.

I read the latest articles. It was a mistake. Lee Sang Woo was offered the role of a doctor and not the role of Hae Ryung`s twin brother. He is not confirmed yet. If he will accept the role it will be another role in a weekender after the successful drama All About My Mom who is ending in February. Working non stop? Let see if he will accept. Reading the raw translation of his character description,It sounds to be a good guy. 

It was not said in which story he will be involved. If he will be involved with Kim so yeon and Lee Pil Mo or he will have another story? We are waiting for other news.

http://isplus.live.joins.com/news/article/article.asp?total_id=19419862&ctg=1502%20%20&tm=i_ntr_c011&mc=1503001

Archived