[Drama 2016] Yeah, That's How It Is 그래, 그런거야 | 对,就是那样 | SBS @8.45pm KST

-jade-

Well my chingu's I watched both episodes as its getting better and better each weekend that I'm loving it :D

@seungshin, chingu I totally agree about YR being so different from her future mother-in-law, that they'll have to understand how YR life is as being I think the only child rich and spoiled not lacking as well as being stuck on herself. As SH and family will change all that in which I also think YR does loves SH but in her own way, and will have to put those things that SH dislikes and show him that she's really wanting to become his wife even thru their ups and down that we'll see.

And as for JS father-in-law, I'm glad he decided to go on a blind date and will be looking forward to see that since the death of his wife as he's stepping out into the real world.

If Se Hee can't tell if her husband is having an affair, I would like for someone to slap and tell her to wake the hell up, because there's no doubt he's cheating and probably have another family, that's why he doesn't want kids right now or probably never will by Se Hee (hmm) just a thought.

@b2stsb2uty, chingu I'm with u on how everyone is yelling from the top of their lungs and all I can say is damn the whole neighborhood can hear that lol.

I also agree I did felt bad for Omma when she fell and all her father-in-law was worrying about who was going to cook tsk, tsk, tsk. She really needs a break from doing everything for everyone and not being appreciative enough like u mentioned. but hoping we'll start seeing others helping out one another as this drama continues.

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just found this subbed and couldn't help but marathon the the first 6 episodes together. Could there be birth secret? because I feel like Yo Se Hynn and Yoo Se Hee have some kind of non-cousin chemistry which is weird because they are cousins but also from the cast list there isn't a lot of love interests. It's not like their not gonna give this young lady a male lead in a 60episode drama and not give her a love interest, that would be ridiculous.

@suchadiva42 @jadecloud @ororomunroe It's so good to see you all again! :grimace:

i more into who SE will fall in love with. i hope it that lady who buy him a ice cream. that scene was funny. i hope the writer will let that lady who lost her husband. meet another man. it would be sad if they let her stay single till the end of the drama.

@ObsessiveCompulsive, I'm glad to see u here as well chingu :D

Do u mean Se Hyun and Yoo Soo Hee as cousin's because Yoo Se Hee is SH's sister. But I agee they're really closer then the rest, and like u also said could there be a birth secret that's lingering around (hmm) I think we might have to stay tune as I can't wait for this weekend.

1 hour ago, ObsessiveCompulsive said:

@suchadiva42 I mean Yoo So Hee the character played by Shin So Yool.

So the second brothers daughter and the third brothers doctor son.

Yes chingu u r correct the 2nd brother Yoo Kyung Ho is Yoo So Hee father, and the 3rd brother Yoo Jae Ho is Se Hyun father. I hope So Hee finds a love interest, I actually like her being so feisty and was letting Se Hyun have it lol.

On 3/2/2016 at 8:17 PM, ObsessiveCompulsive said:

Just found this subbed and couldn't help but marathon the the first 6 episodes together. Could there be birth secret? because I feel like Yo Se Hynn and Yoo Se Hee have some kind of non-cousin chemistry which is weird because they are cousins but also from the cast list there isn't a lot of love interests. It's not like their not gonna give this young lady a male lead in a 60episode drama and not give her a love interest, that would be ridiculous.

@suchadiva42 @jadecloud @ororomunroe It's so good to see you all again! :grimace:

@ObsessiveCompulsive It's good to see you again too :rolleyes: 

I've only watched till ep 2, about to catch up with ep 3 onwards. Guess I'll be able to catch up with all soon. If not this weekend, it'll be next. I can't wait for Ji Sun to move out on her own, or back to live with sis and mom. Somehow feeling the weird in me, esp when I'm seeing FIL being 'controlling'...what's with having sis visit sis? And FIL looks suspiciously 'attached' to DIL, no? 

Catching up with ep 3...m/w, some BTS' and NGs...and ep 7 preview...

sSyIXwm.png

LOL NGs... :glasses:

BTS - Lee Soon Jae on filming, on life as an actor...there's a lil bit on JHS and YSY too...

Upcoming Ep 7 Preview....

Ep 6 clip...hmm,do these two have some relationship going on? Haven't seen enough to know. But looking at this clip, looks like Se Hyun and So Hee have something going on, just as @ObsessiveCompulsive @suchadiva42 chingudeul are talking about? 

Btw, So Hee's dad is a horrible husband, screaming at and bullying poor wifey Myung Ran. I marvel at her ability to not shout back but instead trying to defuse with some jokes or silly antics. But glad So Hee stands up for her mom. Yes!

CR: SBSNOW FB & Twitter

@jadecloud I think Ji Sun and the father in law have an unhealthy co-dependent relationship. Neither of them wants to move on out of fear of betraying their loved one, and they both feel like they owe it to his son to take care of each other. After 5 years they've just gotten comfortable, and used to the situation is all. I think he just see's more as his daughter and not even a daughter in law anymore. He was stopping the sister because Ji Sun stayed up the night translating and he thought she needed to sleep in.

And yes there is definitely something going on between So hee and So hyun. Their interactions are oozing with chemistry. And seeing that he is determined to end things with his ex girlfriend and that there are no other cast members, I can see something happening to bring these two together. Seeing that this is the same author from Life is beautiful where she had a gay couple, I can see her pushing the envelope with the first ever "cousin romance" in a kdrama, maybe in a birth secret way.

37 minutes ago, ObsessiveCompulsive said:

@jadecloud I think Ji Sun and the father in law have an unhealthy co-dependent relationship. Neither of them wants to move on out of fear of betraying their loved one, and they both feel like they owe it to his son to take care of each other. After 5 years they've just gotten comfortable, and used to the situation is all. I think he just see's more as his daughter and not even a daughter in law anymore. He was stopping the sister because Ji Sun stayed up the night translating and he thought she needed to sleep in.

And yes there is definitely something going on between So hee and So hyun. Their interactions are oozing with chemistry. And seeing that he is determined to end things with his ex girlfriend and that there are no other cast members, I can see something happening to bring these two together. Seeing that this is the same author from Life is beautiful where she had a gay couple, I can see her pushing the envelope with the first ever "cousin romance" in a kdrama, maybe in a birth secret way.

@ObsessiveCompulsive Ah I see. That's why FIL wasn't happy with sis visiting sis. Thanks. As for So Hee and Se Hyun, I guess they're not going to make it as a couple. Doesn't it look like Se Hyun will have a relationship link with Ji Sun's lil sis Na Young? Still pushing the envelope with inter-family links. This is so KSH's style. FIL vs DIL, cousins vs in-laws. Will Se Joon fall for Ji Sun too? complexity ahead... Love it! 

@jadecloud I think Na Young and Se Joon will be coupling up. When Se Joon walked Ji Sun home after the memorial service, there was nothing there, he was just treating her friendly. But Se Hyun and Ji Sun could be strong possibility although we haven't seen any interactions between the yet. Yes @suchadiva42 I love how this writer always steps out of the box and what would be considered rather taboo in Korean culture she brings it fourth, and questions it.

Hello everyone :) Not sure if my expectation of this star k-writer is too high, but this drama is quite banal and bland at the moment (I'm only at ep  4 and finding it quite a task to push on), although a couple of interesting and uncommonly tackled issues have already been broached. I hope it will pick up pace and excitement soon. 

I still think Yoo Ri will not end up with Se Hyun, but that Se Hyun has a link with Na Young later. That's going by the presscon impression and the caption under Yoo Ri in the relationship chart...

Wzm0A4a.jpg

I wish there's someone else planned for Se Hee since her husband Hyun Woo is two-timing her(?) and doesn't seem at all in love with her.Unless he has no 'outside' family/kids, and changed his ways later. And of course, for Ji Sun, a love interest too. Will we see more new cast addition? I hope so.

Here's the relationship chart (please let me know if there's any error). The synopsis and main characters' descriptions will be translated in due time.

VcnPTXU.png

(click for enlarged view)      CR: SBS

Gonna watch on from ep 4 now... :) 

@jadecloud I don't know if Se Hee's husband is two timing her or not but there is definitely something going on with him, and I think it will have to do with him failing at his job for now, and the fact that he doesn't kids is also a big obstacle for them. 

Se Hyun and Na young seem really mismatched me to me, because the NY character is so much like his ex girlfriend YR. Episode 8 and the only female he has interacted with is So Hee. I like their closeness and ability to share things. I'm interested to see where the writer is taking things with them, I'm really rooting for them to be a couple some way hahahaha. With the lack of cast members, if the writer is sticking to these main people its bond to get interesting. But I hope Ji Sun and So Hee find someone. 

I think the story is a bit bland even going into episode 8 but it's definitely building up. It really is more like a slice of life. A mother who wants her kids to be happy but on her materialistic terms of happiness (i.e finish college, good career). I find the second brother interesting in that he is constantly screaming and yelling at his wife, while she just ignores him and does her own thing and at the end he ends up taking out the trash, rearranging her closet and doing the dishes hahahaha. I think the story is quiet relatable if your a mother where your children are essentially your life and reason for existence. And relatable for kids if your parents put constant unrelenting pressure on you, while society is doing the same, and at the end of the day there's no comfort given. I'm enjoying it's ease, no stress, no evil personal vendetta or take downs so I'm happily sipping my tea and watching:grimace:

@jadecloud, thanks chingu for the relationship chart.

I think Se Hee husband is cheating on her but time is indeed going to tell and when her mother seen him with that other woman, Se Hee mentioned it to him that her mother saw him and he actually studdard his words by lying why they were togther that day. Now he can be having a problem at work and become stress from it but that still don't give him the right to commit adultery if he is.

On 3/5/2016 at 3:13 PM, ObsessiveCompulsive said:

But Se Hyun and Ji Sun could be strong possibility although we haven't seen any interactions between the yet.

I love this spec. I'd rather Se Hyun with Ji Sun than Na Young. At least from what we are seeing right now of the sisters. No doubt Hye Kyung will jump real high if that were to happen. The moms, it doesn't matter where they are from, they'd always want their kids to marry 'well and fresh'  :grimace:. Ji Sun as a widow is already lacking in the mom's eyes. Add to that, they are already 'relatives'. It would be no less headache for Na Young, except that it's better for her since she is younger and single and so, considered to be 'fresher or fresh'.:rolleyes:  Well, only time will tell... 

On 3/7/2016 at 1:41 AM, ObsessiveCompulsive said:

I find the second brother interesting in that he is constantly screaming and yelling at his wife, while she just ignores him and does her own thing and at the end he ends up taking out the trash, rearranging her closet and doing the dishes hahahaha.

LOL that's so true, Kyung Ho talks loud and is rude to his wife Myung Ran, who on the other hand, has been so meek and mild. Kyung Ho is 64 while wife is 67, but instead of being all respectful, he's telling her to 'pull her socks up' to keep up with a younger hubby. LOL... not sure if I should scoff at his attitude or laugh at the truth of it. One thing's for sure, I'd rather a loud hubby than a silent one, IF I have to choose LOL. But erm... too loud or too chatty is a headache too. I've a couple of k-pals and their husbands really are LOUD. I was at first pretty surprised but I guess that's normal? They are loud not just to their wives, but they are really sweet at times too... Anyway, didn't they say 'the quietest ones are the most dangerous?'  

In ep 3, one scene that made me drop my jaws(only because it's a kdrama and I haven't seen it before)...and started by none other than Kyung Ho LOL. I thought only women would talk like that... :blush: I must be bad at 'reading the book of men' :grin: Do they talk that way? LOL. But I won't be surprised if writer Kim would push the envelope further with these menfolk :expressionless: .(Pardon me, I'm being really shallow, and byeontae, huh? keke)

D3gq6i2.png

Spoiler

V2Vauoj.png

SNdyY9A.png

QB1bt0m.png

I think the story is quiet relatable if your a mother where your children are essentially your life and reason for existence. And relatable for kids if your parents put constant unrelenting pressure on you, while society is doing the same, and at the end of the day there's no comfort given.

That's so well-said. It's a drama for anyone (who belongs in family structure) basically. About the pressures of mothers(or parents. although mothers are more involved since dads usually bring home the bacon),  and the pressures on children (family and societal), it's cyclical as well, with no end in sight, for generations to come. This must be writer Kim's philosophy on life and living. Depressive? Joyful? Kinda.

Se Hyun and Na young seem really mismatched to me, because the NY character is so much like his ex girlfriend YR.

Na Young is so unlike her big sis Ji Sun who seems very down-to-earth, in her job as well as her demeanor. I guess Na Young takes after her mom Tae Hee, who's very materialistic and loves to look good, even if it hurts to look good. Ep 3 scene with that high heels, OMG ONLY 12-inch heels? That's 4 times more than what I'd dare to put beneath my feet! LOL. And she even wears 15-inch heels sometimes? (I'm going to faint from shock!). Btw, I'm waiting to find out Tae Hee's background. Is she from a rich family or married into one? How did she afford that luxurious house? that cafe biz? Were they part of Ji Sun's dowry? And where's her husband, the kids' dad? 

0FhDyVL.png

Hvz561I.png

Spoiler

hfjhpOl.png

QeH9ge5.png

On 3/7/2016 at 9:06 AM, suchadiva42 said:

Now he can be having a problem at work and become stress from it but that still don't give him the right to commit adultery if he is.

I agree. Stress at work doesn't mean destress with an affair. If that were so, the offices would be filled with adulterers, wouldn't it? Or, erhm...are they already? Scary thot! But could this be what writer Kim is drawing our attention to? Wives/husbands/Sig Others, be careful as you send your husbands/wives/SOs to work? or overseas work trip?:dizzy: Hyun Woo looks and smells too fishy to have nothing 'extra-curricula' going on... 

@jadecloud hahahaha @"smells too fishy". He definitely has something going on no doubt about it. I think he might have a "secret family" hahahaha.

I forget the episode, but Se Hee wanted to quit work and rest while focusing on getting pregnant and asked him to take over the payment for the loans to their apartment. He said the payments were beyond what he has and it was reveled they don't share their finances and she has no idea how much he makes. WTF? how is that okay with her? and on top of that he won't give her any loving?. Girl needs to put on her investigator hat on, and figure out what this dude is up to.

Ji Sun's family is such a big mystery. Not much was said about their dad but it turns out they are listed under their uncles family registery as if they are his kids. Ji Sun being older then NY probably had to witness a lot of men coming in and out of her mother's life. She seems to almost want nothing to do with her, she's ashamed of her. I think more light will be shed on this mother/daughter relationship. 

Chingus, this drama sure is a slow burning candle so far isn't it?  We don't have the beautiful Jejudo scenes to distract us like there were in LIB.

A bit bland yes at times I agree with you @jadecloud but like you with this writer I do (have to) believe there is a lot in store for a 60 episode series.  

@ObsessiveCompulsive I also thought it was strange Se Hee was so in the dark about their finances. I thought traditionally in Korea, the wives were in charge of the finances, being the head of the 'inner-household'.  But they are a modern couple so who knows.  There is a lot of stories to be told in that household for sure.

It's hard to tell so far where the love lines will take among all the young folks but I am not too crazy about Yoo Ri character so far.  She seems a bit too spazzy for the doctor son.  So for what purpose has the writer made her character like that?

I find myself gravitating more toward the older generation.  The grandpa is too perky all the time though, will he be like that all the time?  The grandma seems so wise and understanding but I think she has a secret past of some sort.  It was alluded to in one of the episodes.  Yeo Sub, the third son, it's hard to get used to him being so traditional, I keep thinking of his character in 'My Daughter, Seo Young.'  He was so different there.  

Kim Hae Sook's character is at the centre again like in LIB, but here she is just miserable isn't she?  I feel like this is a bit of 'washed up' version of her LIB character.  Still the writer has done a good job of portraying an exhausted Korean woman who's given her life to her family and questioning what it's all about.  I think a lot of women can relate that.  I for one am most looking forward to seeing her character development.  Seeing how the writer has juxtaposed her life with some of the younger characters (her third son and her possible future daughter Yoo Ri), there will be a lot of story to tell there for sure.

I've been thinking a lot about the relationship between Ji Sun and her father in law living together.   That does seem strange and the writer has made it one of her first plot lines by having the neighbours (her own mother) gossiping about them. What is her message?  (May be after awhile I will quit asking this question may be all this is the way it is).    But I am just wondering if we are to take their relationship for what it is.  A genuine loving relationship between FIL and DIL something foreign to outsiders and in these modern times even in Korea but not in old Korea.  Traditionally in Korea a married woman belonged to her husband's family even if the husband dies.  She would not be allowed to go back to her maternal home.  (My own uncle died at 33 and his young wife lived with her mother in law (my grandma) and their two children for decades).  Both of them have passed on but I always felt so badly for my aunt, I thought it was so unfair but that's the way it is still for many in Korea.

Things look more weird here because Ji Sun has no children, if she did, it would not seem as weird for her to be living with her FIL because the FIL would be the guardian for the grand child (the grandchild belongs to the FIL in Korea historically).  

I wonder if the writer is trying to portray a 'pure relationship' being misunderstood by the main society because that's what we know (me included) and that's how we interpret our worlds.  The FIL was deeply in love with his wife and he has no interest in being with anyone else even after 5 years since her death.  The K Drama people promise their love for multi lifetimes do they not?  The DIL is still talking to her dead husband at night and feels close to him (Is it possible or not normal?).   Also it appears that she has a father/daughter relationship with her FIL that she never had with her real father.  Her real father is referred to as an 'uncle'.  She certainly does not approve of her mother's life style or her philosophies (like someone said there is a novel in there somewhere).  In a way Ji Sun is working very hard to be a polar opposite to her mother in terms of how a widowed/single women should behave in society.   The contrast between her life with her FIL and her mother's house with Na Young is very telling.  The noise level, the furniture, the atmosphere, the calmness and peace at Ji Sun's house.  It's like Ji Sun belongs to her FIL's house naturally, not so much her own mother's.....  So I just wonder outloud what the writer's trying to say with this story line.

Archived