[Drama 2016] Yeah, That's How It Is 그래, 그런거야 | 对,就是那样 | SBS @8.45pm KST

-jade-

@suchadiva42 Hello dear, we meet again in k-land. Ok. I will comment along the way. Now even if you have a change of mind, you can't keep me away or quiet. LOL

You're still as good as before in your specs :P You're spot on on both the beat down and the preggy YR. I agree, this drama looks interesting.

I also agree JS should move out already! and she, a beauty to boot, should start having her own life w/o having to be responsible for FIL. I thought the FIL is being quite selfish in telling his family to stop trying to separate him and DIL and at the same time, in not encouraging her to move out(my guess atm unless JS was the one who refused to move) and start a new life without burden of him or loyalty to his son/her late spouse. It has been 5 years, that has been a long period of time for them to be staying together, and for her to mourn. I hope her grandma-in-law i.e. Sook Ja, will have the power to tell her to leave and go back to her parental home or rent an apt, like she said in the preview of ep 3.

Thinking further, I think writernim is once again bold in tackling 'an uncommonly seen or heard of yet very sensitive issue' such as JS's and FIL's 'cohabitation'. Who knows, perhaps back in the countryside and villages in the nooks of SK, or even anywhere in the world, like the suburbs countryside in US too, this is/may be an 'unspoken' reality? While JS and FIL are not in any 'unhealthy and kinky' relationship, it is very disadvantageous to JS' future prospect as a wife/DIL to someone else/some other family. I thought FIL should have considered this aspect at least. So, I'd be really curious to see how writernim smooths this matter out. 

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@jadecloud, chingu I couldn't agree more and loved your insight how u layed it out about the two. As well as the aspect of JS's father-in-law taking things in consideration, and think about what people might say about him and his daughter-in-law living arrangements. But like u said I want to see how the writer takes and smooth this storyline out.

re. ji sun  and  her  father in  law/ iforgive  me  for  having a  little  malice  but  i  think  the  father  in law  has  a  little  crush  or a  little  in love  with his  daughter  in  law  or  else  why  would  he keep  her  5  years  after  the  death  of his  son.  granting  that  the  daughter  in  law  is  worried   about h im,  he  still  has  his  family  to  look  after  him,  he  has  parents and  brothers  and  sisters.  why should  the  daughter  in  law  be  burdened  with t aking  care  of  her  father  in  law,  her  responsibility  to  her  husband's  family has  been  cut  by  the  latter's  death how  can  they  not a ccede  to the  request both  of  their  families  that  they s top  having  their l iving arrangement  .  they  maybe  innocent  but t he  father  in law  is  still  spritely  and  maybe  he  can  still  function  as  a man. ji  sun  is  being  stubborn  refuses  to  move  on.

one  thing i  notice  about  kdramas  is  that  the  problem  of  one;family  member  becomes  the  broblem of  the  entire  family.  i  can relate  to  that  because  we  have a  big  extended  family ready  to  help  one  another  if  help  is  needed.  however,  there  are  times  everybody  becomess  so  meddlesome 

p;s;  i  just  read an  article  in the  korea  herald  about  a  vietnamese  woman  who  married  a korean  man.  when  they  got  to  korea,  the  vietnamese  wife was  raped  by  the korean  father in law  to  which  he  was sentenced  7  years,  i  know  the  situation in  this  drama  is  different  but  still weird  things  happen.    the  koream  husband is  41  so  we  can  deduve  the  father in law  to  ne in  his  60d.  you  have  to  be  careful  and vigilant  about  these  things

Well I'm loving this drama so far and like how Se Hyun mother was hitting him lol.

I can't deny of not liking the elders when they have words to say or about someone, they all look fun to be around lol.

I agree with @lauren2b2, whom I think Ji Sun father-in-law feeling something towards her, you see when JS told him she'll find her a good man like her deceased husband. The first thing he said was did JS find someone already like he was kind of jealous. I really want JS to step out and meet a nice guy and maybe won't find no body like her husband but close enough will do it.

And as for JS father-in-law, I think the lady that's working with his brother in the restaurant has a crush on him and should take notice and probably will be happy with her along the way.

I mentioned in my earlier post that YR was pregnant and come to find out she lied to Se Hyun about it. It looks like Se Hyun mother Hye Kyung don't want her son to marry YR either because her standards of being wealthy/rich, but I'm looking forward to seeing how SH/YR relationship continues if his mother will be against it.

I due time Se Hee will definitely find out her husband is having an affair and I can't wait to hear his excuse as he told SH why he was with that girl when her mother saw them together.

I'm liking the pace and will be looking forward to seeing the next episode this weekend.

@suchadiva42 I like Ms kung likes JS father in law too... I kinda like themWill together and I wanna see how it progresses.  I think the first son is also now comfortable in his role as widower even though he is lonely.  I think it will take a little convincing to get him to move on.  Did you guys see the preview with the two of them walking together?  Me thinks she's had her eye on him for sometime.

I love that SH mom dislikes YR and shows it.  This is different from the mothers that hate the future DIL cuz she is not good enough or something along those lines.  Omma dislikes YR because of her unsteady heart toward her son and she is not backing down.  I loved the stare down at the end of ep 4 between Omma and YR.  I like YR also cuz she got backbone too.  When she left the house she didnt say goodnight or bowed to all those elders.  That could have been suicide but it seemed that the family almost respected her for showing her true feelings.

ARGH when ep 4 ended I wanted to  watch ep 5 but sadly I must wait another 4 days.  SIGH

2 hours ago, b2stsb2uty said:

@suchadiva42 I like Ms kung likes JS father in law too... I kinda like themWill together and I wanna see how it progresses.  I think the first son is also now comfortable in his role as widower even though he is lonely.  I think it will take a little convincing to get him to move on.  Did you guys see the preview with the two of them walking together?  Me thinks she's had her eye on him for sometime.

I love that SH mom dislikes YR and shows it.  This is different from the mothers that hate the future DIL cuz she is not good enough or something along those lines.  Omma dislikes YR because of her unsteady heart toward her son and she is not backing down.  I loved the stare down at the end of ep 4 between Omma and YR.  I like YR also cuz she got backbone too.  When she left the house she didnt say goodnight or bowed to all those elders.  That could have been suicide but it seemed that the family almost respected her for showing her true feelings.

ARGH when ep 4 ended I wanted to  watch ep 5 but sadly I must wait another 4 days.  SIGH

Yes I agree with you and want to see progress between the two it should be interested to see.

And for YR I also agree she definitely has backbone to stand up for herself and if omma dislikes her YR isn't going to stop until she be with Se Hyun and I can't wait to see how their storyline unfolds.

Yes the preview looked promising and I was just like u when episode 4 ended and was looking for episode 5 lol. Now that's how bad I wanted to see the next episode but now we have 4 more days ughh!!

12 hours ago, suchadiva42 said:

Yes I agree with you and want to see progress between the two it should be interested to see.

And for YR I also agree she definitely has backbone to stand up for herself and if omma dislikes her YR isn't going to stop until she be with Se Hyun and I can't wait to see how their storyline unfolds.

Yes the preview looked promising and I was just like u when episode 4 ended and was looking for episode 5 lol. Now that's how bad I wanted to see the next episode but now we have 4 more days ughh!!

Dont you get a funny feeling that YR and Omma are gonna be good friends at the end?

16 minutes ago, b2stsb2uty said:

Dont you get a funny feeling that YR and Omma are gonna be good friends at the end?

Yes I do chingu even though they're both are going to quarrel a bit over Se Hyun, I can see them being on good terms before this drama ends as mother-in-law/daughter-in-law lol.

On February 5, 2016 at 5:01 PM, jadecloud said:

Hello chingus and @jadecloud, thank you for directing me to this drama.  I was on a holiday abroad and believe it or not I chose 'Life is Beautiful' as a long drama to enjoy and just finished it when I saw your post about this new drama by the same writers.  The coincidence was a little unnerving. :)

I read in earlier posts in this thread that the writer does not allow too much ad-libbing.  Hard to believe especially in LIB since so much of the dialogue was done with Jeju dialect/accent, which is quite different from standard Korean speaking and not commonly used in dramas.  If it was word for word following the script, that was some acting by every single actor in LIB.    

Anywhoo, just wondering where to catch this drama on line, since I have not been able to find it in any of the usual sites.  If anyone can PM me with a link please?  Thank you.

Look forward to joining the discussion with you all soon.  Cheers.

Hello @seungshin So good to hear from you again :P I see... you were on a hol.and have binged on LIB? haha, addictive or just bored cos it's fishing? Just kidding. :D

This writernim, on the upside, it's true she has a commanding say over her brilliant scripts and her 'casts'. Many of them, in interviews, would say they haven't really 'acted' if they haven't done one of KSH's works. Even though she's been known to demand NGs after NGs till her 'script' is spoken/acted right, her works are sought after anyway. On the downside, it's because she's so 'powerful' and revered, no one can or would tell her to amend her script, let alone ad-lib. I guess it's with good reasons, since her philosophy hasn't failed her in her scripts thus far, and she has been pushing the envelope a lil farther each time. 

Glad you'll be watching this drama :) Check your PM for a couple of links. Enjoy :P 

Hello everyone, have you guys seen this? I'm looking forward to catching up on this drama once IHAL is done.

Arirang's Showbiz Korea's Scoop on YTHII:

O0SgSS2.jpg

Spoiler

CqJoNwt.jpgjos975X.jpgqEuEGdN.jpg5VjDjdF.jpgiVlnFfT.jpgY2pi67Q.jpg

Kang Boo Ja on drama's message and lesson:

MUlkB40.jpg

Spoiler

88dLeyz.jpgWeysy7j.jpgm3jKbzy.jpg

2buNZMZ.jpg

(PS: btw, am very surprised that neither viki nor dramafever has signed on to this star writer's project. hmm...? Also, why is this thread so quiet? Why such a star writer with such a stellar cast did not attract more? hmm...)

13 hours ago, jadecloud said:

(PS: btw, am very surprised that neither viki nor dramafever has signed on to this star writer's project. hmm...? Also, why is this thread so quiet? Why such a star writer with such a stellar cast did not attract more? hmm...)

Perhaps too many people watching too many dramas already?

I noticed something though  in this drama daughter in law stayed with FiL.. In Five Enough (Five children), it's the son in law who stayed with the MiL.. must be a trend in family dramas.  I really find it weird why daughter in law or son in law would still choose to live with their in-laws even when the spouse in no longer around.

4 hours ago, jongski said:

I noticed something though  in this drama daughter in law stayed with FiL.. In Five Enough (Five children), it's the son in law who stayed with the MiL.. must be a trend in family dramas.  I really find it weird why daughter in law or son in law would still choose to live with their in-laws even when the spouse in no longer around.

I noticed the same thing.  Either way is fresh premise for Kdramas esp to add conflict to the family dynamics that's not too heartbreaking or tear jerking,

10 hours ago, jongski said:

Also in daily dramas WItch's Castle and My Son InLaw's Woman but they are orphans

Sooo I just finished ep 5 and 6 and I have a few things to say

1. I'm starting to wonder what JS mom does to get money for the lifestyle she lives ( her clothes, home and coffeeshop), esp since she wanted to marry her daughter off to a rich man.  Did you guys see preview? Cuz after thinking about where JS's mom's gets her money, I now questions younger daughter's job.

2. Don't you guys think that everyone just screams too much:  Emonim, JS's mom and sister and finally second uncle and his daughter the nurse,  are so loud.  I watch and I think just shut up already

3.The granddaughter's husband is definitely having an affair.  Married for a year and only had sex 4 TIMES? ARE YOU KIDDING ME? What man in their 30's can barely muster it up every 3 months for the woman he suppossedly loves?  (sorry if that statement is considered vulgur)  I was hoping beyond all hope that when she was putting the suitcases by the door that was her leaving but NOOOO she was just packing his bags for a trip. HEOL. He just refused to give you money, be intimate with you AND refused the promise of a child and you go and help him pack for a trip?  Crazy she is crazy.  

I strangely had a thought that at his parents (that he does not want her to see) he has another family with children in tow.  I get the feeling she married him without really knowing him ex:  How can you ask him if he gambles after a year of marriage or not even know how much he makes.  Is this usual cuz  I'm not married but all of my sister's know how much their husbands make and run the household expenses.

4. Finally earlier on the thread it was mentioned that the writer does not even allow ad libs and how she is strict with the portrayal of her script.  As I watched ep 5 and 6 I appreciated her more.  Down to the very detail the scenes are real of everyone's role I think.  Omma (that lives with the elders) is always asking what can I do you for you or get you even missing sitting down to eat with everyone to clean up.  WOW. JS as she watches her FIL wash his hands she waits holding a towel to hand to him when he is done.  She is precise.

6. Does anyone feel bad for Omma?...she works so hard for the family, not appreciated enough and is depressed.

On February 24, 2016 at 9:23 PM, suchadiva42 said:

Yes I do chingu even though they're both are going to quarrel a bit over Se Hyun, I can see them being on good terms before this drama ends as mother-in-law/daughter-in-law lol.

Chingu's, I managed to get through all 6 episodes of YTHII, (thanks to @Kehinde and @jadecloud for the links) and I am looking forward to enjoying this long family drama with you all.  As KBJ said in one of the interviews posted above, I think there will be lots of life lessons and reflections about love and family with the help of this brilliant writer.  Hopefully a lot more friends will join us here.

For now, I just want to agree with @suchadiva42 and @b2stsb2uty in saying it will be quite a story of Yuri (WJH) becoming the daughter in law of this big multi-generational family.  She is so different from her future mother-in-law and grandmother-in-law if she does end up marrying Se Hyun (which I assume she will and will be quite a story telling in itself) there will be lots of ups and downs.  She represents the 'me' generation and who thinks about herself first, being the only daughter etc. but she does love SH in her own way and she will have to go a long way to learn what true meaning of love and family is (ie. giving of yourself).  I would think the elders and SH would have to compromise a lot as well which will not be easyl.  The writer has really set up well for this story arc to unfold in first 6 episodes.  There are so many story lines already....... very nice.

Archived