Park Bo Gum ❤ Girl's Day Hyeri aka REPLY 1988 TAEK x DEOKSUN

hafunohane

46 minutes ago, onlysb1 said:

There is also that still when one parents angry other one usually stands for the child not to hurt them. Just like when they learnt that JB was disqualified Ra Mi Ran was boiling but his father consoled him ^^

--Ah! Forget to ask why ’Donna~‘ was playing when JB packed his stuff thinking he wouldn't live long? 

I didn’t want to mention this because I know that @CamelKnight will diss my age again. :D

That song Donna was by Ritchie Valens. It was about his GF, Donna.  And yes, it’s a fatalistic song. JB was playing it because he felt like it was the end-of-the-world. 

Part of the lyrics here:

Spoiler

Oh, Donna, Oh, Donna
Oh, Donna, Oh, Donna
I had a girl
Donna was her name
Since she left me
I've never been the same
'cause I love my girl
Donna, where can you be? Where can you be?
Now that you're gone
I'm left all alone
All by myself
To wander and roam
'cause I love my girl
Donna, where can you be? Where can you be?
Darlin', now that you're gone
I don't know what I'll do
All the time and all my love for you

The other connection here is the La Bamba movie that the gang was watching.

See?  While the gang and his brother JH were having a fun time together, JB was depressed.  La Bamba was a show about the life of Ritchie Valens, the singer of Donna. He sang both Donna and La Bamba. 

The contrast is clear: 
JB: about to have a surgery: sad. Donna
JH: oblivious to his brother’s anxiety: happy. La Bamba

Donna

La Bamba

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, packmule3 said:

after her discovery of SW’s real love, she was NOT crying over a broken heart but over a bruised ego.

And that is coming from someone who admittedly wanted SW/DS at one point. :D

If DS were really broken hearted about SW, I doubt she would have been able to be near him for a while. As it was they still hung out together with the group, DS just gave SW the cold shoulder for a while. Cold shoulder = mad, to me, not sad. 

2 minutes ago, phikyl said:

And that is coming from someone who admittedly wanted SW/DS at one point. :D

If DS were really broken hearted about SW, I doubt she would have been able to be near him for a while. As it was they still hung out together with the group, DS just gave SW the cold shoulder for a while. Cold shoulder = mad, to me, not sad. 

Same here! I like SW really. Really! But who I like has no bearing on the script. My preferences -- or biases ;) -- don't count and SHOULDN'T count when looking at scripts and dramas.   

I like how SW was chill when Bora lied about meeting her boyfriend. He observed first before he acted. He wasn't like JH who jumped into the wrong conclusion when he saw DS’ dictionary. 

But I like Bora too in this episode. Her partiality for SW showed.  Both DR and SW addressed her informally but she didn’t berate SW like she did DR. She corrected SW, sure, but she wasn’t mean with him. In a way,  DR was right: Bora behave differently with guys she liked but she didn't know it, too.  

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, cooleet said:

Bora's ex is very stup!d. He asked her if she really has no emotions... Man he should jist look and see that she's on the verge of crying. And why is he the one getting mad whenhe's the one who cheated on her. Why are guys like that?

I know, right?  

But then, why do girls chose to date boys like that?  What in the world did she see in him? Why are girls like that?

Spoiler

a0pLPwq_700b.jpg

Bora had nice SW waiting for her but she friendzoned him. :D

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, packmule3 said:

Her partiality for SW showed.

Yep! There were other ways her partiality towards him showed too, such as how she rarely yelled at him compared to the rest of the neighborhood boys. Even JB, with his heart condition, got yelled at more than SW did! I don't think that's just because SW does less to get in "trouble" like BR says. It seems to me like there are plenty of times SW does something to try to provoke BR so that he gets a reaction from her. 

@packmule3 Lol, I also hesitated before asking since I don't know or remember classics and oldies ^^ You have great memory at least. ^_^

Sun Woo is really perfect match for Bo Ra. I had my doubts she would date him before but once they started dating she has always been sweet to him too unlike his rude boyfriend said. I agree it depended on how much she cared someone. I can tell she dated her ex just because she loved attention from his sunbae and he was two timer because he got himself a girlfriend he can actually communicate and other he doesn't need too sigh... 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, cooleet said:

Is it just me thinking that when DS reprimanded Taek in front of everyone is her making a claim that Taek is her's in front of people in the baduk world? And look at Taek, instead of being offended he just smiled at her. If it was JH, he would've definitely hit DS or humiliated her more...

Yes, I really like that moment. So funny how DS scolded TK for forgetting his bag by insulting his brains, “What do you do with that brain of yours?” AFTER he had just won the baduk competition using the same brains at baduk. 

TK was cute here when he lapped up her nagging. 

I also agree with you about the “claiming” part. At first I thought she wasn’t aware that she was being bossy-patootie in front of TK’s friends. But the fact that she even excused herself and changed her voice when talking to TK's manager, tells me that she realized that her tone wasn’t the normal way people in baduk world conversed with TK.  To me then she was displaying that she could “lord” it over the baduk-god TK because she had a long-standing relationship with him. She and TK were familiar with each other and were close friends so she had a special privilege not accorded to other people in the baduk world. People in his baduk world could only DREAM of having that easy-going relationship with TK, but she had it in the bag already. 

Another interesting contrast here: the effect of nagging with informal language differed from person to person:  With Bora and her DS’ friends. With DS’ mom and dad. With JH’s mom and JB. (Only JH’s dad spoke gently.) With DS and TK. With DS and the guys.  With all the different groupings, it was only with DS and TK that I found myself smiling at their interaction. I winced with the others. 

Even when DS was nagging him, TK thought she was being cute and cheeky.  

• Like 7

I don't like it when JH wiped TK's mouth.  Again, he was too rough...the same way he was rough when he ruffled DS' hair in the previous episode.  Easy there, dude! Wasn't that just sauce he was removing from TK's face?  Did he really need to use that much force that TK's face was pushed up?  

868443fcda21b55c430be05c7c715c8e.jpg

TK simply smiled. If I were TK, I'd jam an elbow him in his ribs.

As for DS sleeping in the bus, lol. I thought it was funny that JH covered her open mouth with his scarf (?). It reminded me of this meme: 

Spoiler

people-who-travel-on-public-transport-wi

I also like JH and JB talked about percentages in this episode. (ahem. 1%?)

JH said that the chances of the operation failing was 3%.
And JB replied that that chances of getting juvenile heart disease was 2%.

Sigh..... It would be hard to think of a comeback after that. 

When I think of JB winning lottery for the family (what were the odds?), it was no wonder that JB could be so fatalistic and pessimistic about his surgery.  Poor guy. 

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, packmule3 said:

I also like JH and JB talked about percentages in this episode. (ahem. 1%?)

JH said that the chances of the operation failing was 3%.
And JB replied that that chances of getting juvenile heart disease was 2%.

Sigh..... It would be hard to think of a comeback after that. 

When I think of JB winning lottery for the family (what were the odds?), it was no wonder that JB could be so fatalistic and pessimistic about his surgery.  Poor guy. 

I thought it was fitting for JB to have an astounding amount of luck in lotteries and such because he got the short end of the stick when he was diagnosed with juvenile heart disease. It's almost like the universe [or writer in this case] was restoring balance for him; yin & yang. 

7 hours ago, packmule3 said:

Don’t you hate that when it happens? Being falsely accused? No presumption of innocence?  Guilty until proven innocent? :D

The mother’s bias!  She clearly favors one child over the other although she’s oblivious to it. Hahaha. I’m sure @camelknight will have something to gripe about this, being a middle child. 

But I’m staying out of this issue, because I was my father’s princess…and I knew it. ;)

I will, after I watched this episode. Unfortunately I was unable to join you guys so I'm going to watch it now and write my "report" lol. No doubt this will come along too :D 

5 hours ago, packmule3 said:

I didn’t want to mention this because I know that @CamelKnight will diss my age again. :D

That song Donna was by Ritchie Valens. It was about his GF, Donna.  And yes, it’s a fatalistic song. JB was playing it because he felt like it was the end-of-the-world. 

Wow.. you're *REALLY* old. I remember when my mom used to play that on her grammophone when I was but a wee Camel... Must've been at least 30 years ago and it was already old at that moment in time. :o 

:D:D:D 

• Like 3

So here we go :)

Yes, I do have something to gripe. It's the story of the middle child. We always get blamed. For me, it became a self fullfilling proficy. I didn't do things wrong at first but was accused of being the wrongdoer. Later on I figured I'd might as well be the bad guy if I was going to be blamed anyway. DS getting the blame just comes natural to their parents. They don't even question it. That is, as long as it's in the family. The fight with NE's girlfriend wasn't blamed on DS untill later when her dad came in.

In this episode it's again appa being a complete jerk. And again he's drunk. He really deserved that stone to his eye! Yay for mom! Although it wasn't the last time ofcourse. The 30.000 WON was stolen before he got his black eye but we see him stealing another 30.000 WON with a black eye at the end of the episode.

I seriously wonder how he's ever been able to hold a job with his complete lack of human skills. And to be part of the Fraud team no less! He's a complete moron, a gullible idiot, a drunk and he's got a bad attitude. Ugh. I'd kick him in the nuts if I were his wife.

Nice to see Bo Ra being vulnerable though. Ofcourse SW knows her well, he's been adoring her from a distance for a long time. Most likely since his dad's death as he showed her his vulnerability and she was there for him. That's why he knows she wears skirts to her boyfriend and he knows she's a warm person. It's the episode I really started to like Bo Ra and figured she might be a better person than she's letting us believe.

I love how TK's Baduk teacher looks when he notices how DS treats him. He understands immediately how important DS is to TK, considering the crap TK takes from DS with a big smile. I bet he already knows how TK feels right there. 

The entire hospital story really took me back. My mom passed away 15 years ago from complications due to a brain hemorrhage. Right after the hemorrhage, when she regained consiousness, she immediately asked if we had been eating well. So JB's remark about JH's nose really hit home for me. Him caring for his dongsaeng while coming right out of surgery really made me remember that moment with my mom.
I also get why Mi Ran was staying strong for her family while being torn to bits inside. Keep a strong heart for family so they don't suffer and keep their spirits up. Eventhough I feel sorry for JH's dad from time to time, this was one moment for me where I felt for Ran Mi Ran.

• Like 7

Clues, clues, clues everywhere! If only people weren't so blinded by their bias and paid attention to all the hints and clues as the story unfolded, they would find the resolution of the plot very logical! Haaaaaayyyyyy!

• Like 8

3 hours ago, Grace1003 said:

Clues, clues, clues everywhere! If only people weren't so blinded by their bias and paid attention to all the hints and clues as the story unfolded, they would find the resolution of the plot very logical! Haaaaaayyyyyy!

I looveeeee the video!

It just reminds me of how much i misses them! Well, here comes AM1988 rematch marathon!

• Like 4

this is suntaek cut at baeksang award for our lovely shipper

suntaek cut

anybody here who understand korean, can you help what they are saying in 1:25 - 1.47?

what i know is baeksang released this *nomination?winner? (i dont know)

baeksang%201.jpg

my friend told me that the caption is "baeksang in baeksang, the great love". in this great love list there is 3 couple who (wins?) the category.

1. song2 couple - best romance,

2. .... (dont know) couple - best kiss 

3. suntaek couple for best..  (i dont know its first love or one side love, i cant hear/understand properly T^T)

i dont understand, this "baeksang in baeksang, the great love" list are the winner or just a list or what? the thing that i understand is suntaek was choosen by baeksang, right right right right?! :wub::wub::heart:

so if someone understand with that pleaseeee pleaseee share with us ><

ps: sorry for bad english

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, hyuki4ever said:

this is suntaek cut at baeksang award for our lovely shipper

*youtube claimed my video =_=.. i will try to upload another one

anybody here who understand korean, can you help what they are saying in 1:25 - 1.47?

what i know is baeksang released this *nomination?winner? (i dont know)

baeksang%201.jpg

my friend told me that the caption is "baeksang in baeksang, the great love". in this great love list there is 3 couple who (wins?) the category.

1. song2 couple - best romance,

2. .... (dont know) couple - best kiss 

3. suntaek couple for best..  (i dont know its first love or one side love, i cant hear/understand properly T^T)

i dont understand, this "baeksang in baeksang, the great love" list are the winner or just a list or what? the thing that i understand is suntaek was choosen by baeksang, right right right right?! :wub::wub::heart:

so if someone understand with that pleaseeee pleaseee share with us ><

ps: sorry for bad english

@hyuki4ever ... your english is good ( better than me haha)... anyway, can you post this in park bo gum thread, There are some fan / supporter / contributer like @saturn. and @heyfen  and @https://twitter.com/xxxFaA . hope they can translate for us

here is the link... 

credit to xxxFaa

• Like 4

I am very sad wury taeki not even had nothing nominate in baeksang award..whyy??  taeki character is a central for reply 1988..if havenot taeki character..reply 1988 is nothing to be telling  isnt it? ...(because nothing taeki room..nothing badduk master game...nothing  appa taeki and omma sunwo marriage) 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, alyzind gummy said:

I am very sad wury taeki not even had nothing nominate in baeksang award..whyy??  taeki character is a central for reply 1988..if havenot taeki character..reply 1988 is nothing to be telling  isnt it? ...(because nothing taeki room..nothing badduk master game...nothing  appa taeki and omma sunwo marriage) 

I am very sad too he was not nominated  for drama  category.  I Guess Judge purposely take him out from drama nominees so  there will be no fan dissatisfaction for the winner for drama section . There were no tough competition in drama category as bo gum and sun woo are out.  May be Judge prefer a not nice man character (bully to girl / rough/ loud ) instead of gentle, act only with eyes character.

Anyway like other fan say bo gum got a lot of chances to win bark sang  award in future.

• Like 4