Park Bo Gum ❤ Girl's Day Hyeri aka REPLY 1988 TAEK x DEOKSUN

hafunohane

16 minutes ago, onlysb1 said:

I'm here too ^^  Viki subs for episode 8 still at editing process but I'll watch it anyways ^^  

Glad you're here Let's hope more of the gang will join us today/tonight. 

Decisions. decisions. decisions.

Spoiler

3gCOjoz.png

See? You can tell the BIAS of the blogger/recapper when the writer chooses to spotlight and take a screenshot of this moment --

Spoiler

answer08-00020.jpg

credit: dramabeans

INSTEAD of this MOMENT.  In that photo, she looked like DS was undecided (she was nibbling her finger) when in fact she decidedly, clearly CHOSE TK's mitten. Suntaek = Choice. 

24219121362_57e19d2813_z.jpg

credit: soompi

This screenshot would have pained the JH shippers AND pricked their happy balloon from Episode 7 when they saw DS trying on JH's gloves. 

Spoiler

answer07-01086.jpg

credit: dramabeans

Bias-schmias. :D

• Like 6

For all that JB has a chronic heart condition and shouldn't be stressed out, his parents still place quite a bit of stress on him about the college entrance exams. It doesn't look to me like JB has any college dreams at all...

Intro of BGM when Taek's Dad was preparing breakfast sounded like Dooly ha but it's not ^^

I really feel bad for Deok Sun, whenever there is something broken or missing my parents would  look at my big brother first too  :sweatingbullets: 

• Like 3

Somebody please tell me you have a lasso dance gif! Half of my SunTaek photobucket album isn't working so I can't even tell if I have one, let alone link it. 

GIANT grins all around! Well except Mr. 1%, who clearly doesn't understand that DS's talent lies in making others smile like lunatics.

991828922_4b047b8d_DDe_20160216182921_zp

When this happened, I kind of wanted to give TK a hug and tell him "it's okay. You get the girl at the end of all this!"

16 minutes ago, moonkeeper said:

I'm here too.... ^____^ 

Huggggs, @moonkeeper!It seems like the good old days now.  Remember how we were trying to determine if DS had asked for gloves or mittens? And somebody took the screenshots and gif of Lee Mi Yeon's with the gloves?  Hahaha. We were so obsessive. 

9 minutes ago, phikyl said:

For all that JB has a chronic heart condition and shouldn't be stressed out, his parents still place quite a bit of stress on him about the college entrance exams. It doesn't look to me like JB has any college dreams at all...

And I liked how the DIRECTOR (Congratulations for the award!) hinted at JB's heart condition in the previous episode. When Bora shouted at JB for wasting her time with the manito game, JB clutched his heart and asked her nicely if she could tone it down.  I thought at that time that JB was being too melodramatic. Clutching his heart? But lol. It was a hint. A foreshadowing of his illness. 

So excellent detail again by the director. He's obsessive too like us.  

• Like 4

I was surprised that flash of understanding about JH's mom came from TK this episode. Usually all the understanding is done by DR, who then shares with the rest of the group. It really does show that TK is the most adult of the group when he understands what's going on beneath the surface with the actual adults. 

@cooleet not very. Jump right in!

11 minutes ago, onlysb1 said:

Intro of BGM when Taek's Dad was preparing breakfast sounded like Dooly ha but it's not ^^

I really feel bad for Deok Sun, whenever there is something broken or missing my parents would  look at my big brother first too  :sweatingbullets: 

Don’t you hate that when it happens? Being falsely accused? No presumption of innocence?  Guilty until proven innocent? :D

The mother’s bias!  She clearly favors one child over the other although she’s oblivious to it. Hahaha. I’m sure @camelknight will have something to gripe about this, being a middle child. 

But I’m staying out of this issue, because I was my father’s princess…and I knew it. ;)

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, packmule3 said:

And I liked how the DIRECTOR (Congratulations for the award!) hinted at JB's heart condition in the previous episode. When Bora shouted at JB for wasting her time with the manito game, JB clutched his heart and asked her nicely if she could tone it down.  I thought at that time that JB was being too melodramatic. Clutching his heart? But lol. It was a hint. A foreshadowing of his illness. 

So excellent detail again by the director. He's obsessive too like us.  

I thought he was being a bit dramatic about it too. Bora yells at everyone! I'm sure there were people who are unaware that she is capable of speaking at a lower decibel. 

Everytime I see NE, I think of how he had to drop out of MotW because of his diagnosis. :tears: The way it's going, he might have been the first R88 actor to pick a good follow up script. [Yes, you guys talked about it enough that I picked it up yesterday. My currently watching list is getting enormous!] At least he was able to get exposure with R88 though. Hopefully when he gets better, he can just pick up where he left off in his career. 

I know it's late but I found something intersting while DS was choosing between the two gloves. I think she likes JH's gift more. But before you guys have some violent reaction look at it again. First she looked at Taek's then she looked at JH's and it seems like she really wanted to use it (it is the one she told JH that she likes and that's why he bought it) but she looked back at Taeks and finally decided to use it instead. I think she chose the one given to her by the person she likes than the gloves that she liked more... Hehehehehe... Or is it just my delusions... I really missed this...

• Like 7

10 minutes ago, packmule3 said:

Don’t you hate that when it happens? Being falsely accused? No presumption of innocence?  Guilty until proven innocent? :D

The mother’s bias!  She clearly favors one child over the other although she’s oblivious to it. Hahaha. I’m sure @camelknight will have something to gripe about this, being a middle child. 

But I’m staying out of this issue, because I was my father’s princess…and I knew it. ;)

HA! Middle child has nothing to do with it! I can't tell you how many times I got the blame for something my sister did... ./grumble

I'm the oldest of 2. Me? Problem child. My sister? The Angel 1004 [R97 callback!]. Never mind the fact that all the rules *I* had to follow growing up went out the window the minute I moved out...

No parental bias my foot! 

Edit: I think I may have mentioned this before but there was a study done that showed parents are more likely to be biased towards the child who has the same birth order as them. So DS's mom was probably an oldest child, while her dad was probably a youngest. Poor DS was the odd man out. Though with the telephone booth playing, you'd never know she's a middle child instead of the baby of the family. :P

1982572403_48800007_IMG_0492_zpsbqwh1k0k

On 04.06.2016 at 4:47 PM, packmule3 said:

Deleted

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, cooleet said:

Sorry just came home. My daughter's choir sang in two funeral wakes... Btw... Who here has a dad like Taeks? How I wish my dad is like him... Hehehehehe...

It's funny how all the other parents dote on him, and kinda "baby" him, like he was the adult version of TK.  And did you notice?  Where did SW's mother come from?  What was she doing there? lol. DS' mom was taking out the ashes of the yeontan (or coal briquette) and so was JH's dad.  But SW's mom just popped out of nowhere and joined in on the teasing. hahaha. For somebody who wasn't interested in TK's dad, she sure was interested in everything he did. 

If you're interested in knowing more about this yeontan or coal briquette, here's a write-up.

http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news/opinon/2008/04/165_5149.html

The article said that in 1988, when our kdrama was set, “77.8 percent of all Korean households used yeontan briquettes for heating and/or cooking.” But by 2001 “a mere 1.5 percent of families were still using yeontan”, and in 2003, the last factory in Seoul producing this yeontan closed down. 

So yes, time flies, and there was something nostalgic and historical too when the adult DS joked about being poisoned by carbon monoxide from this yeontan/coal briquette. She was talking of a totally different era. 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, packmule3 said:

Parents are like that. They say they don't have preferences but they do. I don't have a favorite but I favor the younger more than his sister most of the time. But in fairness to me, since I too am a middle child I'm more sensitive to my daughters feelings especially when she tells me that I favor her brother more. Hehehehehe... I know what it feels when everyone blames you even if you're not the cause of it... I feel for Deoksun... 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, phikyl said:

I thought he was being a bit dramatic about it too. Bora yells at everyone! I'm sure there were people who are unaware that she is capable of speaking at a lower decibel. 

Everytime I see NE, I think of how he had to drop out of MotW because of his diagnosis. :tears: The way it's going, he might have been the first R88 actor to pick a good follow up script. [Yes, you guys talked about it enough that I picked it up yesterday. My currently watching list is getting enormous!] At least he was able to get exposure with R88 though. Hopefully when he gets better, he can just pick up where he left off in his career. 

Same here! Are there any updates on him? 

He did pick a good follow-up to Reply 1988. And I hope this illness is only a temporary set-back.  

Are we going to talk about Mirror of the Witch now, too?  Did we influence you to watch it? :D It's okay to make references. Some themes are pretty common. But as I was complaining in PM, what I found distracting in MotW was the introduction of so many new characters in Episode 5/6.  I guess I was used to R88 where all the characters were set by Episode 1 while in MotW, Episode 1 was just the back story, the prologue.  R88 is more a character-driven plot.  

• Like 3

Ha! I can remember doing the same thing as DS when someone was messing with my sister. It's okay for me to do that to her but anyone else tries it and the proverbial gloves come off!

But isn't that because they think one of the childs can take it but others cry over it also when they give out allowance the one who doesn't spend much would get lesser. I think Deok Seon's mother would be more nice if it wasn't about money since she was always  stressed over money it gets her more than necessary.

• Like 4