Park Bo Gum ❤ Girl's Day Hyeri aka REPLY 1988 TAEK x DEOKSUN

hafunohane

49 minutes ago, truffulatree said:

Taek wasn't a male character that would go through 19 episodes putting Duk Seon down for being the way she was. Not that anyone did, they made fun of her but what I am saying is overall in the spectrum of the writing. He reminded me of the male lead in Flower Boy Next Door, Enrique. 

I liked Enrique too!Yeah characters like a Taek or Enrique are so rare in drama land.They are kind ,compassionate, may be they don't have the oppa factor that our three ahjummas like lol...[pun intended]……but one could die for to have some one like this in real life.One thing I've also noticed as you mentioned...the boys always used to pull her leg..especially DR..but others would participate too.Well they are all friends yeah....but what helped DS to look at TK in different way maybe also have to do with how he treated her..told her she is pretty..or showing concern by not letting her watch r-rated movies with the boys..or in short by just being there for her.The chivalry was missing in JH..and this set him apart from TK.Being charismatic and cool could be a hit for dramas..but in real life these small things/concern matters..like the way she zips up his jacket or he brings fruit for her...Or the way he simply asks her if it's okay to loose.In the process.. they became each other's support system,and that matters.It's absolutely amazing to see these sorts of love being developed on a drama.But then again maybe the year being 1988 helped ,when people were not so much driven by calculations and loss/gain.All hail the writer anyway lol.

• Like 14

A friend sent this to me and it is so good, I had to share here.  It is how Taek and DukSun finally ended up getting permission for their marriage, starting from the day the article about them possibly dating came out.  It is so good because it ties up loose ends and feels so in character with the show.  Truly from a fan.  Unfortunately, I don't have time to translate right now.  Maybe one of the others can?  

http://gall.dcinside.com/board/view/?id=reply1988&no=775997&page=9

• Like 15

Guest aoikarin
6 hours ago, salz said:

lol isn't in ep12 DS&TK have their own little umbrella scene from the parfait? THAT IS THEIR UMBRELLA SCENE

whose rule to say it need real big umbrella, it can be any type of umbrella and like someone say Taeksun is the rule breaker couple and they pretty much have break every otp streotype rule and make their own new trend XD 

Yup.. you right.i missed that scene. Thank's for pointing out. They have umbrella scene and it's without Rain..Always sunny :w00t: I love the writer is so witty!!

2 hours ago, miri13 said:

A friend sent this to me and it is so good, I had to share here.  It is how Taek and DukSun finally ended up getting permission for their marriage, starting from the day the article about them possibly dating came out.  It is so good because it ties up loose ends and feels so in character with the show.  Truly from a fan.  Unfortunately, I don't have time to translate right now.  Maybe one of the others can?  

http://gall.dcinside.com/board/view/?id=reply1988&no=775997&page=9

Awww thanks for sharing this @miri13! I definitely won't be able to do as good a job as you, but will try translating later. Unfortunately won't be able to get to translate this until 12 hours later when work ends... So if anyone can get to the translation earlier, please do!

• Like 11

so many posts to catch up!

@nearsea thanks for @packmule3 post. always insightful and shed new light on the dynamic of R88.

regarding airport fashion, i must say the gang has kinda of stay true to their R88 characters. LDH truly a fashionsata! i love his bold red jacket and (in R88) his rainbow neck/collar pieces! PBG is so Taek like. LHR and her jacket. i miss the whole R88 so much.

@deokseonbff thanks for the goat sound clip. love it.

• Like 9

8 hours ago, mellinadear said:

So I visited the MT and I saw some of us still trying to defend TK. Why waste your time? Its cool tryna defend and all but if some people are not willing to see other POVs, why bother? I see no sense in it. It just further brings unwarranted insults. 

I agree...drama's over. They can huff and puff. It still would not change the end of the story. Writer, PD, most sensible people and DS herself chose Taek. 

The end. Now back to re watching ep 1.

• Like 10

18 hours ago, hoaho said:

Hi~ all. After watching this drama, I am starting to read a lot of analysis in dc. I’m really impressed so want to share some with you.

Reveal hidden contents

DeoksunxTaek’s love is Storge. 

http://gall.dcinside.com/board/view/?id=reply1988&no=765406&page=1&exception_mode=recommend&search_pos=&s_type=search_all&s_keyword=%EC%95%84%EA%B0%80%ED%8E%98

Storge love -https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Storge

Some may say there are other ways to love one in storge form. But this is between married couples, who are committed, and plan to have a long relationship together, particularly as a fundamental relational foundation post-limerance. Another interpretation for storge is to be used to describe a sexual relationship between two people that gradually grew out of a friendship—storgic lovers sometimes cannot pinpoint the moment that friendship turned to love. 

Storgic lovers are friends first, and the friendship, and the storge, can endure even beyond the breakup of the sexual relationship. They want their significant others to also be their best friends, and will choose their mates based on similar goals and interests –homogamy.

Storgic lovers place much importance on commitment, and find that their motivation to avoid committinginfidelity is to preserve the trust between the two partners. Children and marriage are seen as legitimate longterm aims for their bond, while passionate sexual intensity is of lesser importance than in other love styles.

Advantages/disadvantages
Advantages of storgic love may be the level of how one loves their family and understands each other. In addition, two people that are deeply devoted to one another can feel the intimacy that they share. The main disadvantage of storgic love may be the large time investment and fallout should the two people change enough to lose their friendship.

2015 INTERVIEW SCENE
TK: Who asked who to date first, you're asking?
TK: um....
DS: We started sinabro(시나브로)

시나브로. Sinabro.
TK/DS said their love is 시나브로(Sinabro) . 시나브로 is famous pure Korean word. It means little by little, bit by bit, slowly but surely by degrees. It’s really pretty word. Storge love is like sinabro falling in love. 

Reveal hidden contents

TK was husband from the first.

Hint in ep1
http://gall.dcinside.com/board/view/?id=reply1988&no=770435&page=1&exception_mode=recommend
only TK has period in self-introduction
택. (period= dot= 點= 落點= 合格= pass= husband)

--

Green- JH / red- TK

http://gall.dcinside.com/board/view/?id=reply1988&no=765035&page=1&exception_mode=recommend&search_pos=&s_type=search_all&s_keyword=%EC%B4%88%EB%A1%9D%EC%96%91%EB%A7%90

1. I dumped him first!!!!! (Green socks)
2. waiting teak (red socks)

--
ep6- Tk start  

http://gall.dcinside.com/board/view/?id=reply1988&no=759390&page=1&exception_mode=recommend&search_pos=-742134&s_type=search_all&s_keyword=6%ED%9A%8C

it’s baduk rule. strong person have a hadicap 6 for weak person.

--

focus on DS's face . 

http://gall.dcinside.com/board/view/?id=reply1988&no=766962&page=1&exception_mode=recommend&search_pos=&s_type=search_all&s_keyword=%ED%91%9C%EC%A0%95

--

청실홍실 (Blue thread red threads/ 靑紅絲)   Blue thread red threads is a folk tale and it means a match made in heaven. PD shows many scenes about that.

http://gall.dcinside.com/board/view/?id=reply1988&no=762958&page=1&exception_mode=recommend&search_pos=&s_type=search_all&s_keyword=%EC%B2%AD%EC%8B%A4%ED%99%8D%EC%8B%A4

This drama is like beautiful poem.  Every single scene and line has their own meaning. The more you know, the more you like it. 

I recommend some of you who know Korean to read the analysis in dc.

analysis collections 

http://gall.dcinside.com/board/view/?id=reply1988&no=695178&page=1&exception_mode=recommend&search_pos=-681214&s_type=search_all&s_keyword=%EB%AA%A8%EC%9D%8C 

Oh lord. Thank you so much for sharing this. Regarding the blue and red thread, i think it was also been highlighted in r94 to foreshadow that trash oppa was the husband. 

• Like 1

TAEKSUN IS REAL!

I supported Sun Woo at first, because Taek just got little screen time, so I thought Taek won't be Deok Sun's future husband (I'm totally wrong about this). But then after Sun Woo officially out from the candidates of future husband, my choice fallen for Taek. I was sure that Jung Hwan is the husband, because of the clues (that I got from read here and there), but my heart chose Taek (I don't know why), and gosh.. I still can't believe that my ship is officially together (not in my dream anymore)

It's been a long time since I've fallen into a korean drama like this, feeling warm and nice.. Reply 1988 daebak!

Finally I post here.. haha

• Like 10

Seeing the progress of MT these days, i think some people purposefully coming there posting negative stuff just to ruin the mood of the drama end, which i really don't like. Though i think i can stop caring about them now.

Why don't we start some of lovely conversation there too guys? I mean, our couple is the OTP afterall, i think it's okay to spread more happiness on the MT too to counterbalance the negative comments right? :lol:

I feel like the baduk etiquette of our ship is really admirable, even after the show end with our ship sail, most of us still choose to be civil here in this thread. :)

• Like 10

At 9:52, Girl's Day got asked what makes their heart flutter. Hyeri's answered, " You are very pretty". Then I realized that Taek said this when Dukseon wore new lipstick and Bogum mentioned being pretty again in the BTS released. Aww I wonder if Hyeri's heart beat faster during those times! lol

• Like 11

http://gall.dcinside.com/board/view/?id=reply1988&no=768248 - Part II

"What do you mean?  No one is going to do anything if those two like each other.  Who cares if they have the same family name these days.  No one in the neighborhood will say anything."

A round has passed.  SW and BR passed through each household over time and weathered the storm.  After working at it, they received approval.  With the parents' blessings, they held their wedding.

Lovey dovey.  During that time, Taek and DS continued dating and it grew deeper.  In the beginning, Taek also wanted to just get married, but after enjoying the warm and fun dating period with  DS, he thought the dating was not bad.  Of course, after that one time press release, they had to be careful where they met on their dates.  And thus, one year passed and another year passed.  

The ssangmundong adults saw how well SW and BR lived together and believed in them.  Now, they reflected on why the same familial name was such a problem and started to forget the concerns they had.  They of course did not know of Taek and DS's relationship.  As with all relationships, they had times whey they fought.  The latest was over the couple rings Taek wanted.  DS, however, saw how SW and BR's relationship was discovered through them suddenly appearing with their couple rings in front of their moms.  DS was afraid they will also be disclovered if they wore couple rings.  Plus, Taek does not like wearing anything for his baduk matches and DS thought it would make him feel uncomfortable trying to grip a baduk stone during a match with a ring on his finger.  But hearing this just made Taek sad.

"Taek-ah, are you mad?  But seriously, you don't like to wear anything on your fingers due to discomfort.  Also, the reporters will notice..."

"So what? If they ask, I will just say it is a couple ring.  And if the ring is uncomfortable in my hands, I can wear it on a necklace during matches."

"What if the adults notice?"

"Isn't it time to tell our parents if they notice?  It has been two years already."

Inside Taek's bag for many days were the couple rings that he wanted to wear with DS.  He thought for sure that DS as a girl would love the couple rings so he worked hard in trying to pick out the right ones.  He wanted to give it to her when the time seemed right.  He never thought DS would come out so strongly against it.  It made him mad.  "How long are we going to keep hiding?  I want us to get married now."

Sadness.  I didn't want to bring up marriage in this way.  In hearing the catch in Taek's voice, DS was bewildered.  "We are definitely going to get married.  I haven't changed.  We haven't changed.  Right?  Taek-ah..."

Next day.  Taek called SW.  SW and Bora met Taek.  "I think it is time now for me to tell our parents so ...I wanted to tell you two first."  "Ok...yes.  Thank you for all this time Taek.  Waht does DS say?"  "That is why I wanted to talk to you.  DS doesn't want us to tell our parents yet.  But I think it is now time."

Taek was always like this.  He always heard out DS but if he believed something must be done, then he would make it happen.  Like the time when he believed he had to run to DS even if it meant he had to forfeit the first round of the match, he would set his entire mind and body to make it happen.

That night.  Taek went to pick up DS at the airport.  He took her to a very nice restaurant to eat.  He had asked Manager Yu for recommendation and found the place.  "What surprice...you know places like this?"  "Are you ok with this place?  Do you like it?"  "Yes, its amazing."

Surrounded by the candlelight in the restuarant, Taek brought out the ring he desperately wanted to give DS.  "DS-ah.  Do you have the turtle I gave you?  Today, though I really want to give you something else.  This ring."  

"Taek.  Taek-ah..."

"I can't wait any more.  Enough time has passed.  When we ask for approval, we will face difficult times.  Now, I think is the time to start.  DS-ah.  Trust me please and follow my lead.  I only need you by my side.  So please accept this ring.  Couldn't you accept it today?"

Verge of tears.  Recalling when Taek confessed his love and all the six years of suffering and seeing the tears welling in his eyes, DS braced herself and seized all the doubts in her heart and nodded.  Taek slowly crossed the table and reached for her hand and placed the ring on her finger.  DS also placed the ring on Taek's finger.  "We may have difficult times in the future...but I am definitely going to marry you.  I told SW and Bora-noona today.  They are going to help us..I love you DS."

• Like 18

44 minutes ago, kepogee said:

This drama is like beautiful poem.  Every single scene and line has their own meaning. The more you know, the more you like it. 

I recommend some of you who know Korean to read the analysis in dc.

analysis collections 

http://gall.dcinside.com/board/view/?id=reply1988&no=695178&page=1&exception_mode=recommend&search_pos=-681214&s_type=search_all&s_keyword=%EB%AA%A8%EC%9D%8C 

@kilaalaa would this be too much or SOMEONE ELSE>???????

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Raphelancia said:

Seeing the progress of MT these days, i think some people purposefully coming there posting negative stuff just to ruin the mood of the drama end, which i really don't like. Though i think i can stop caring about them now.

I am quoting Dumbledore from memory here, "people find it far easier to forgive others for being wrong than being right."

Glad this thread is still alive and kicking though I might not be able to join the conversation as often as I'd like to.  Life happens *sigh*. But I am having fun reading fellow shipmates' posts.

• Like 8