Ryu Jun Yeol 류준열 - [Best New TV Actor for 52nd Baeksang Arts Awards + Drama Category Rookie Male Award for AAA]

Howlol

Seriously, the more I re-watched YOF Africa, the more I’m amazed at this person called Ryu Jun Yeol.  Enough has been said about his leadership skills, social skills, and matured thinking (though I never get tired of hearing people keep talking about that) but I really love how YOF shows the considerate side of him. In Ep 2, we have him telling Jae Hong to go ahead to sleep when they were driving to see the sunrise and even switching off the light to allow Jae Hong to sleep without feeling bad (but Jae Hong was also equally nice to try to keep himself away to accompany Jun Yeol).  Then while watching sunrise, he insisted on taking the camera from the staff to allow the staff to enjoy the view of the sunrise. And he sounds so natural about it without making the staff feel bad, just telling them he and Bogum are not going to talk so there’s nothing to film anyway. And while heading down the slope, he spotted the rubbish and wanted to clear it (and it’s nice of Bogum to offer to go pick up the rubbish).

I feel like a devil besides him -_-‘’

Oh, and I just loooooooovvvvveee the sunset scene with the background song. Him taking panorama photo and looking at the sunset on his own? so damn cool. 

OT: Congrats to Leo’s Oscars win!

Looking forward to a day when Jun Yeol can win a best actor award too someday (but not as long as Leo’s, please).

• Like 14

14 hours ago, amareally said:

I'm trying to be serious and be a grown-up and do some serious corporate work when I can only think of 2 things 

1. The little embarrassed smirks and helpless laughs Junyeol gave out when he asked Mr.Clever to teach him how to make fire without "the push start button and strong fire" and their shameless survival efforts to try and cook dinner because they’re hungry 

2. If Leo finally won his Oscar.

#failmonday

#1 I was really laughing hard about his "clever" joke lol. He asked JH what's the English word for torch (torchue) hahaha, I was like "baby, that's the English term itself" hahaha and I just love those smirks and embarrassed laughs of his. Oh uri Junyeolie, why so cute? 

#2 if Leo finally win his Oscar 

Me too Chingu! Me too, been waiting for ages for his oscar moment lol... And finally! Finally! He did! It's been long overdue but he finally won the best actor!

• Like 8

5 hours ago, aprodithe said:

my advise to the other boys...please one of them to stay awake to accompany the driver when he's driving (either Junyeol or Jaehong or Kyungpyo or bogum driving. Driver will be happy having someone to talk to ).Not only Junyeol,  i watch one clip seeing jaehong driving and the other 3 was sleeping...i feel pity to him too...

I agree, it's hard to drive especially in unfamiliar place and one person should stay awake to at least accompany the one driving, to talk to him and make sure he's not too tired and sleepy while driving especially at night.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, yumeaki said:

Seriously, the more I re-watched YOF Africa, the more I’m amazed at this person called Ryu Jun Yeol.  Enough has been said about his leadership skills, social skills, and matured thinking (though I never get tired of hearing people keep talking about that) but I really love how YOF shows the considerate side of him. In Ep 2, we have him telling Jae Hong to go ahead to sleep when they were driving to see the sunrise and even switching off the light to allow Jae Hong to sleep without feeling bad (but Jae Hong was also equally nice to try to keep himself away to accompany Jun Yeol).  Then while watching sunrise, he insisted on taking the camera from the staff to allow the staff to enjoy the view of the sunrise. And he sounds so natural about it without making the staff feel bad, just telling them he and Bogum are not going to talk so there’s nothing to film anyway. And while heading down the slope, he spotted the rubbish and wanted to clear it (and it’s nice of Bogum to offer to go pick up the rubbish).

I feel like a devil besides him -_-‘’

Oh, and I just loooooooovvvvveee the sunset scene with the background song. Him taking panorama photo and looking at the sunset on his own? so damn cool. 

OT: Congrats to Leo’s Oscars win!

Looking forward to a day when Jun Yeol can win a best actor award too someday (but not as long as Leo’s, please).

yes..his consideration is over the top. i was surprise that he sleep in the driver seat. that's the most uncomfortable sleeping place amongst them..his legs can't be straigten up and it can be hurt after  driving the whole day and still must put the leg in seating position ( i know the seat can be fixed into more comfortable leg's position, still, it's not the best position to sleep (eventhough he who can sleep in standing position lmao).

and ohh...Leooo...finally..i was in tear watching his speech..and watching kate winslet happy for him too..and the whole place is happy for him...finally Leo...finally. i am amazed at how his consistentcy to act in a good movies rather than going to movies with bad story...

• Like 9

1 hour ago, aprodithe said:

yes..his consideration is over the top. i was surprise that he sleep in the driver seat. that's the most uncomfortable sleeping place amongst them..his legs can't be straigten up and it can be hurt after  driving the whole day and still must put the leg in seating position ( i know the seat can be fixed into more comfortable leg's position, still, it's not the best position to sleep (eventhough he who can sleep in standing position lmao).

and ohh...Leooo...finally..i was in tear watching his speech..and watching kate winslet happy for him too..and the whole place is happy for him...finally Leo...finally. i am amazed at how his consistentcy to act in a good movies rather than going to movies with bad story...

Yes. I wonder why he slept in the car. I guess they probably played some games which was not shown on screen since GKP mentioned BokBulBok when talking about sleeping arrangement and he and Bogummy probably lost and slept in the car. Or these two being forever considerate just volunteered to sleep in the car. However, to sleep in such a crammed position after a whole day of driving? There should be a rule that whoever drive that day will be entitled to a good bed. 

However, the way he sighed when he was in the car getting read to sleep? Why do I find that sexy? :phew: 

• Like 8

11 minutes ago, yumeaki said:

Yes. I wonder why he slept in the car. I guess they probably played some games which was not shown on screen since GKP mentioned BokBulBok when talking about sleeping arrangement and he and Bogummy probably lost and slept in the car. Or these two being forever considerate just volunteered to sleep in the car. However, to sleep in such a crammed position after a whole day of driving? There should be a rule that whoever drive that day will be entitled to a good bed. 

However, the way he sighed when he was in the car getting read to sleep? Why do I find that sexy? :phew: 

yes, probably they played some games and he lost. still he didnt complain eventhough he still drive the next day after the whole day driving the day before. usually driver got the best sleep arrangement because he's the most tired. unless they share the same amount of drive. maybe there's some scene we didnt see about the sleeping arrangement.

• Like 6

His face already back to white again.

Watching the full raw of ep 2 yof. I keep saying this, that Laos episode looks bored because YYS is smart traveler. his English is not as good as Junyeol, but his sense of travelling and adjustment is equal. and here i have to say, Junyeol is overpassed him. this is Afrika..a continent where most of people never thought to visit. but Junyeol made it seems that this is Phuket, or Bali...or Penang where everything can be found easily...lmao.

in the 2nd day they never lost direction, thanks to Junyeol english and driving, bought everything easily, thanks to Kyungpyo calculation...and eat deliciously thanks to chef Jaehong's cook with the assistant of Bogum. it seems that they lives in Jeju island rather than Africa hahahaha...

Junyeolie...can you messed up a little bit ? i promise i still love you as much...this episode's laughter all thanks to Jaehongie..oh my God..that accidentally camera switch turn is really hillarious. Junyeolie still laugh it off, but i know he's really uncomfortable since this can create a big scandal hahahahaha...and the 2nd hillarious scene that ripped pants of Jaehong. Oh My God..my teddy bear Jaehongie..can you be more cuter hahahaha...the way he still doing anything as if nothing happened with that ripped pants is...HILLARIOUS.

my favourite moment of Junyeol is

1. when he rundown the desert hill by himself. wow..as if he can't be anymore manly...i love when he rundown that fast and have fun...and that running while filming the cameramen is sooo cute.

2. while he quietly enjoyed the sunset by himself. he seems like junghwan there. while the whole episode he rarely his similarity with junghwan, this is where he's being junghwanie. just quietly watching sunset and thinking whatever he was thinking (family, God's gift etc).

3. He asked the camera from the VJ because he wouldnt do anything rather than just sit and talk. considerate Junyeol..gives a chance to the VJ to enjoy the view like he did...it's quite rare..remind me of Jungwoo who's asking the crew whether they think it's hard to climb the ice hill...both are very considerate of others.

• Like 12

13 minutes ago, aprodithe said:

I am wondering what is left to be asked after 20 days and i think more than one hundred interview...hahahaha..

I hope he gets better and has voice left for the concert!  

• Like 5