Ryu Jun Yeol 류준열 - [Best New TV Actor for 52nd Baeksang Arts Awards + Drama Category Rookie Male Award for AAA]

Howlol

43 minutes ago, Ra_Yeosa said:

translated Ilgan Sport article by Han Cinema. He talks a bit about the King also here

http://www.hancinema.net/interview-ryu-jun-yeol-forever-on-my-side--cheetah-ra-mi-ran-91333.html

Hide contents

- You decided on your next project pretty quickly. What made you decide to star in "The King"?

"It was a good scenario and I didn't really think much about it when I decided to do it. I liked the role that I was given and I am a fan of the director too. I should say I was chosen and not that I chose it. I am meeting Jeong Woo-seong and Jo In-Seong in "The King". I am so excited to work with someone I watched on TV since I was a student. He was very friendly when I met him shortly before".

Okey guys...rest our worries. he did met the PD, JWS and JIS, probably during the script reading. he just missing the photoshoot together (probably chasing the PD to annoy him...at least we dont have to see the same socks again...#sorry,iamkidding #noiamnot)

and the keyword, he sincerely said, I WAS CHOOSEN ...not that he choose. i am proud. the PD choose him to tbe in the project...

1 hour ago, kittyyo said:

So happy for him!:blush::blush::blush::blush::blush:

well, one of the many reason that come with popularity is cf. probably he can buy his own car now hehehehe

1 hour ago, Mindy said:

Failed again with the fanmeeting ticket sales.

I'll just curl up into a ball and cry here.

oh my god..did the ticketing is like a war again ?i hope noone sneakingly reselling it again.

• Like 6

I'm so happy that all of these interview articles are coming out. I love reading about his thoughts after some time away from the project...
...with YOF helping with that, lol. 

The round interviews are a little difficult sometimes since most of them use the same quote and you're wading through everything to find the one thing that one paper reported but not anybody else. It also magnifies the stuff that IS said... like how often it's mentioned that he's ugly or somesuch. While he may not be my definition of hot, I don't think he's ugly, either. I am glad that he has the confidence in himself and what he can do. He definitely has a charm... and the love of all his fans.... who don't have to suffer a military service absence in the future. XD;

Can't wait to see the boys back on screen NEXT WEEK!!

• Like 2

- What is the biggest change you've experienced after "Answer Me 1988"?

"There's no pressure. I think I just have to be the way I always was. I don't think I should be over my head just because "Respond" was successful. Good results followed and I hope for the best in the next thing I do".

yes, stay humble, stay out of the limelight..do your thing step by step like you used to do, things are going good without force.

- We heard you were really upset when things didn't work out with Hyeri.

"I learned that things didn't work with her on the nineteenth episode. I decided to let Deok-seon go. Jeong-hwan would've been upset but I wasn't that bad. He must've been really sad".

hmm..it's DUKSEON guys..not Hyeri..whatever, his short responds showing that he had move on from the character.

Ryu Jun-yeol became a star in just 2 years and rumors of envy followed. He is said to be 'vain' and apparently he had issues with the staff and crew which created mixed opinions about the actor. However, he was so shy to even look at the reporter in the eye. He said, "There were a lot of rumors about me after the drama and I think they had something to do with the fact that Jeong-hwan didn't become Deok-seon's (Hyeri) husband. I just have to be more careful and modest. I am the same but those around me look at me differently. So I think I should be more responsible for my actions". He is more appealing the more we look at him as he is so modest.

they clearly tried to messed up with the wrong guy

• Like 16

The sports kyunghyang interview pics posted by @namunamuyeppeo and @mojobobo ? Very fitting for the lunar new year season. Hahaha. So RED!

2 hours ago, aprodithe said:

anything he can't do ? he can play soccer (that required more physically ),swimming, flute, piano...and then bamm...baduk..he can do anything if he want to.

He drew also right? I remembered hearing in the V app broadcast where he said he has learnt drawing and hence know how hard it was to create some of the fan arts. I kind of wanted him to draw something to show us then.  I don’t know, the more I read his interviews, the more he made me feel like a slug OTL

In an interview of Choi Sung Won (the guy acting as Noeul), he praised the father Sung Dong Il who gave him good advice. One of them being:

Choi Sung Won praised Sung Dong Il, saying, “He told me that a person who likes doing many things is good at acting. He emphasized that a person’s manners are far more important than his/her acting skills. I can think of so many advices he gave me.”

As I read that, Junyeol’s image immediate popped into my mind. He has both those characteristics!

57 minutes ago, aprodithe said:

Okey guys...rest our worries. he did met the PD, JWS and JIS, probably during the script reading. he just missing the photoshoot together (probably chasing the PD to annoy him...at least we dont have to see the same socks again...#sorry,iamkidding #noiamnot)

and the keyword, he sincerely said, I WAS CHOOSEN ...not that he choose. i am proud. the PD choose him to tbe in the project...

Yes! Finally some information of the movie The King straight out from his mouth.

Haha, if you put it that way, it sure sounds good that the director chose him. I do like how he worded it. He’s trying to sound humble and said it such that he didn’t choose The King (as in he chose that out of the many projects offered) but the director decided that he should be cast (and he gladly accept the opportunity). Such a humble and well mannered man.

41 minutes ago, mojobobo said:

HAHAHA Oppa, why are you crying? Don't cry, you will always have our love!

cr C-Jes IG and @ Reply_ 1988 

Edit: Ahh what a cutie, Oppa, you can always have more fanmeets!! Go overseas too!

Cute pic. More importantly, he heard it as in ‘today’? So we will see more interview again? :w00t:

Sigh, his fanmeet sales today... I went in to check it out but there are like 4000 ppl in queue to get into the system? Obviously can't get anything from that. No high expectation anyway. These korean fanmeets.... they never let me spend my money even if i want to :angry:

• Like 13

Ah okay, after a long debate, I think love oppa in red!!

But but, black is a good one too? Omo I cant pick one!!

*Calm down* But for hair I know for sure which hairstye i like the most

Spoiler

l_2016021202000443700104621.jpg Oppa in red!

Ca_v4hhUYAIfJ67.jpg Oppa in Black

CObA00H.gif Oppa's best hair style.

reply1988%2B%255B19%25ED%2599%2594%2B%25

*nosebleed*

answer08-00313.jpg

• Like 22

woaaaaaaaaah so many interviews, news and pictures regarding RJY!! the love in this thread is overflowing and real for uri oppa :wub: thank you so much eyes on ryu team @mojobobo for your translations, i know it's not easy and how time consuming it is to translate for us all his articles, interviews and news as soon as they are out. Your effort and hard work are very much appreciated ;) also a huge thanks to all the great members here for the updates and always keeping this thread alive with your posts that i enjoy to read everytime ^_^
Looking at RJY words in the interview, i can proudly say that his career is off to a great start!! A smart, charming, caring, down to earth person with pure talent...seriously what is there not to love in this man??! His new photos are awesome and i really like his simplicity ( his casual/relaxed look) his modesty is killing my poor weak heart and the fact that he is this thankful to the fans because of the love he got from jungpal character makes me admire and love this rare gem even more :wub:.....Oppa you are such a lovely kind soul, i hope you gain more attention and receive the recognition you deserve and shine in your future projects.

Photo from r_j_y_   Photo from kpop.fan.girl

P/s: So happy that press conference is coming soon...Yaaay we'll get more footage of oppa in Namibia :D 

• Like 20

1 hour ago, matchamint said:

Hii I was wondering if anyone know where to find the eng subbed version of Taxi special reply..

I saw the raw one and it looks so much fun, but I just can't understand a thing :(

thankyou!

It hasn't subbed yet. Our subbing team have a bunch of projects to sub one by one, so it will need some times. If the taxi episode is put in their subbing list, then what we only can do now is to support and patiently waiting :D 

• Like 10