[Official] Ryu Jun Yeol ❤ Hyeri Official Thread (Junghwan & Deoksun of Reply 1988)

Adwina Oltariani

Today I chat with a friend in instagram and talk out our rages in our language. I release my angers everywhere to erase my pain. I talked about the possibility that there may be a sponsor who give big funds for Reply production demand the change of the script because that sponsor like pretty boy, then someone flagged me for rude comment. We didn't even chat under any official account. Geez, I don't even have any freedom outside soompi thread.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, tesasonzzz said:

Dont worry guys, its not just us who's feeling outraged. Koreans are currently really pissed off with this drama. As soon as they finished ep19, my kakao went crazy as hell because all my friends texted me of how stupid and angry they were feeling because of this drama. One of my friend even cried while calling me. Even my boy friends who watch this drama cursed in my class's chatting room. It was just crazy. When I was riding the subway today, the people sitting next to me was talking about R88. They were outraged by yesterday's episode and saying things like "이건 진짜 아니다. 작가가 엔딩을 바꿨다. 택이가 어떻게 남편이야???/this is not right, i bet they changed the ending. It just doesnt make sense that Taek is the husband." And even now while I'm eating, the people beside are all talking about R88. They're saying things like "처음 부터 딱 봐도 남편은 류준열이었는데 근데 이게 뭐야 진짜? It was obvious from the start that RJY is the husband, but why on earth?? Trust me guys, we're not the only ones. Half of Korea is now outraged and cursing. 

(I'm studying in Korea and living in Korea and understand korean so you can all trust me)

Please please update more about korean netizen reaction. Chebal. At least it help to heal the wound.

It took me almost one year to move on from Chilbongie. Aigoo. So for jung hwan case, how many years will I suffer ....

Writer nim, did you plan to screw my life forever!

Edited by heismine
  • Like 8

7 minutes ago, Vy Ho said:

WHY DID YOU DO THIS WRITERNIM? ARE WE THAT STUPID? tuzki-bunny-emoticon-043.gif

The more I talk about it, the more I want to punch somebody. 

Sorry for cutting your post... from when I watched that richard simmons episode on livestream I had the same feelings but din;t know who to punch... maybe if the writers and PD's are right infront of me, I could have used my wrists so hard...

• Like 1

I feel like the change in husband candidate is a bit rushed no?

Like why have we NEVER heard Taek's narration before? Isn't that COMPULSORY for theReply husband??

If they ACTUALLY do put CT as the husband, forget it! No more Reply series for me! And I feel like half of Korea will also never watch any future installments...

This is basically suicide for the Director and PD-nim! Sorry guys I'm a bit harsh cause I'm currently dead inside.

• Like 19

3 minutes ago, Ra_Yeosa said:

@tituyphing maybe because there's "Ije, annyeong" in Junghwan pic. and only annyeong in ct pic 

I was still awake when hyeri makes the posts, she made 3 continuous posts, 

with Ryu Junyeol : Now goodbye.. kimjunghwan

with Park Bogum : goodbye.. choi taek

group pics : Ssangmundong quintuplets too goodbye.

no hello or goodbye, or all hello which doesn't make sense, Hyeri uses same word, Annyeong.

Not to defend her, just sharing... well... just like continuous posts of Ryu Hye young but RHY was using #saranghaeyo instead of #goodbye.

• Like 16

1 hour ago, luffypyon said:

The show has down-graded Deoksun as a character. Even if she realizes her feeling to Junghwan (which maybe impossible), the fact that she falls in love by such unnatural way to Taek has put a hole in #teamJunghwan hearts. Hyeri chose this role to break people's hate on her acting because her idol status. She's doing great, even got a lot of CF offers, I am happy for her. But now I think the title Geum Sa Ppa won't be erased easily if Deoksun ends with Taek. Hyeri goodbye post to Kim Junghwan before the final ep is not the smart move either.

@luffypyon I found her post sarcastic to tell the truth and guys before R88 i had no idea who Hyeri was.

I m only a Kdrama fan .What I know for Kpop its from allkpop or NB articles .

Do you had the same feeling ?

I find it very tactless from her to post it before the last ep. airs.

who knows ...maybe she wanted to give an end to the agony in JW shippers ..

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, silvianage said:

Hemm I think the writer have amnesia problem in the middle of writing ep 15 thats why the plot become so confusing ha ha

Maybe ms lee resign from the team, and shin pd hire new scriptwriter from soompi forum *just kidding* *you know what i mean* lol

• Like 3

What is this pain in the heart that I felt the whole morning? It continued as I rewatched last episode, this time with c-sub, and then the pain suddenly gone when Jung Hwan told Jung Bong "the second daughter is coming back now". Wahahaha. My first laugh this morning. Trust JH to make me LOL. I totally love this caring and considerate guy. The last part of ep 19 was so much more watchable seeing JH planning out the wedding. Well, it was good until one part. This part. 

1 hour ago, luffypyon said:

The rage is Korea is real Guys. Even when the article talked about Deoksun's crying speech about her father, they weren't moved at all. Here is the link

http://kkuljaem.blogspot.ca/2016/01/spoilers-reply-1988-park-bogum-irene.html?m=1

I have to agree that I wasn't moved. I'm not sure why cos I usually like the family aspect of the show. Maybe because the writer has destroyed my love for DS so I wasn't happy when she is reading the wordings.

I think i may have accepted better if they show us DS change of feelings earlier. We saw JH's emotion from the very start but they never focus much on DS's inner thoughts. She fleet from one to another and it's only in ep 17 that we see that she has a flicker of feeling towards Taek. In reality, I may behave like DS. If I like JH but feels that he didn't reciprocate, I move on. But this is a drama! If you don't invest time to develop the couple, how do you expect the viewers to cheer for them? It was only 2 episodes that hinted that she likes him! 2 episodes! I can't feel for DS and Taek. They are sweet but I just don't feel it. I prefer SW & Bora which shows a more realistic progress and there is enough time to show their development and have me fall for this couple. 

On a happier thought, looks like DR has a girlfriend. Not sure if they will show her. It already took so long to show his mom so I wouldn't expect much. But good to see that he is doing well in business :)

• Like 12

2 minutes ago, blademan said:

I feel like the change in husband candidate is a bit rushed no?

Like why have we NEVER heard Taek's narration before? Isn't that COMPULSORY for theReply husband??

If they ACTUALLY do put CT as the husband, forget it! No more Reply series for me! And I feel like half of Korea will also never watch any future installments...

This is basically suicide for the Director and PD-nim! Sorry guys I'm a bit harsh cause I'm currently dead inside.

LOL I've tried to rationalize their choice with TK too.  My advice to you is to stop now, it only makes you more angry when you realize that no, even objectively it makes no sense. 

I'll join you while you don't watch the next Reply series though. We can make popcorn and tsk at all the poor fools headed for certain heartbreak.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, bluishguitar said:

JH's persona is not belittled by not ending up with DS. :)

JH's character is the most well-written character in this series. The character has this capacity to make us relate to his feelings. If it's not, then we will not be like this throwing into a fit.

I realized that he is not pathetic. There's more to life than getting the girl in the end. He is one of those awesome and cool guys in the world, though he does not end up with DS. He transformed from a dog to a real man, with those scenes showing him being mature at his decisions and realizations, and what he has done for himself, his friends, his brother, his parents and his neighbors in Ssangmundong.

Though Taek's personality transformed and changed much too through the years, JH's transformation takes it all and makes last night's episode worth watching.

One's first love may be saddening and frustrating, but it sure improves us and teaches us a lesson. The angst and brooding is still worth it after seeing JH's personality at Episodes 18 and 19.

I finally got rid of this bitterness I felt yesterday because I see JH happy. Though my ship has sunk, I am feeling like a winner right now. :) He is finally free and over with those jealousy, hesitation, and frustration she felt when she adored DS. He's fine on his own.

Let the writer explain some of the loopholes, though right now I think that they were just showed to lure us more into JH/DS ship and continue to watch 'til the end of the series. :D

I hope he will be the one to deliver that "If you hear it, then reply, my eighties" line if this series has one. This will bring goosebumps as well as satisfaction for us who love JH.

And more projects for Ryu Jun Yeol. He is such a great actor, making us appreciate even his short but meaningful screen appearances. ;)

Wow so beautiful! Thank you!!

• Like 9

I don't know I what I'm feeling to Lee Woo Jung and Shin Won Ho right now. :crazy::crazy:

I thank them for creating Junghwan character and picking Ryu Junyeol to play JH:wub: But I also wanna kill them for ruining his fate.

They create the most perfect character ever. Junghwan is good looking, tall, born genius (he studies less than Sunwoo but still manages to rank first), caring to all people around him, he can read his parents feeling and make them feel better, he loves his hyung who others take him as a misfortune, he fulfill hyung's dreams, he takes care Deoksun when she's in need (bus scene etc, and you know it's a bit embarrassing to dance in front of girl students in ep 3 but he still dance awesomely), I never see a genius and nerd who also plays sports and good at it and even good at dancing wooow, he has good sense of music, he has favorite star Lee Mi Yeon, he's so damn polite to people (Lee Moon Se MBC Radio concert, we see when he was politely bowing to strangers when Deoksun not, and other scenes). I hang out with genius and nerd people all my life but I never find them also interested and good at sports, dancing, and music. Junghwan character is impossible to find in real life haha how could I meet a guy when I've fallen to Junghwan T__T The only thing he lacks is he hesitates too much, he cares too much to others and doesn't think of himself. You need to be selfish to survive T___T

7. [+1,889, -42] Junghwan gave up his first love to his friend, fulfilled his brother's dream and devotes his youth for the country.. I'm so sad for him ㅜㅜㅜㅜ

Then how about your life, Jungpal-a? You live your life awesomely to give it to others? Without them knowing your effort your intention your feeling? You must be a saint. It's only Junghwan and viewers who know how awesome this kid.

Everybody fails their first love. I bet there are 5% of first love who succeed till marriage. But Reply always makes cruel failed first love. Is Shiwon's eonni Taewoong first love? She died. Chilbong first love failed in 8 years? He liked Najung since 1994 and found his wife in 2002? Then how long Junghwan's first love survived? He only looks at her since primary school until he's 23??? Crazzyyyyy :crazy::crazy:

When I watched Deoksun's feeling wavering in ep 17, I immediately wanted Junghwan to meet a better, a prettier, a nicer, a smarter girl. I can't stand how writer creates a lovable character like Deoksun into a geumsappa confused girl. Writer really enjoys toying our feeling. Since EoNamRyu already trend since beginning, viewers already caught how she made the husband, she didn't like it and change the story haha

Jungpal-a, it might takes a long time to heal your heart, but I wish you to find more more amazing girl than you dream Lee Mi Yeon~

3. [+5,568, -637]  EoNamRyu = The male lead is Ryu Junyeol anyway 어남류=어차피 남주는 류준열

5. [+6,902, -1,607] I'm not upset that the writer switched out to Taek but at how the story got so lost. It's not even a soap opera, how could the feelings he harbored for 20 years disappeared in one stroke and suddenly got so focused on taking care of his family? Should've warned us viewers from the start. I probably won't be watching any Reply drama from now on. I find it rather distasteful how they're toying with viewers' emotions

11. [+1,230, -68] The subtitle should be "Jungpal's One-sided Love"ㅋㅋ

2. [+642, -85] Deoksun is so indecisive. She liked Sunwoo, she liked Jungpal, she liked Taek.. And Dongryong can't be the husband, right? Ugh

6. [+6,018, -339] Yeah. I enjoyed watching Junghwan failing at his first love after 18 episodes ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

7. [+5,751, -441] Double In-law marriage ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ The writer's doing all sorts of things. Do something about Kim Joo Hyuk's multiple personalities first

Credit: kkuljaem

• Like 7