[Official] Ryu Jun Yeol ❤ Hyeri Official Thread (Junghwan & Deoksun of Reply 1988)

Adwina Oltariani

Popping in to say Hwaiting shippers. Logically it should be JH who is the husband. 

I still can't bear to watch the confession scene in full and will wait to watch the last four episodes next week. ^^

Thank you for your comments and contributions and hope to see you in other threads. :lol:

• Like 2

what if Deok Sun is trying to set Taek up on a blind date with one of her stewardess friends? Maybe she was gushing to that friends about how wonderful Taek is and how she won't be disappointed if she were to go on the date with him and the friend is all 'if he's so great like you say why haven't you two date' I'm really starting to think Deok Sun is unaware of how Taek  feels for her (I thought it was not possible but somehow Junghwan didn't pick on things in high school so...) and from those comments that's how she comes to see that "Taek likes me..? In high school could that girl  he wanted to confess to be me...?"  I don't know, from the last bit of the preview it looks like Deok Sun is nervous about whatever topic she is about to broach with him...I could be wrong though but I don't even know. I got a feeling she trying to set him up and through that it comes to light how he's always felt about her.

Her body language to me, says uncomfortable and he seems surprised by her discomfort or the topic she has brought up. whatever they are talking about, it doesn't seem an all smiles conversation. it seems a serious topic...the previews like to troll...she maybe asking a favor of some sort out of him, like a serious one and not one of their playful light ones....

• Like 19

7 hours ago, Pau Gzz said:

Guys,,, I've thinking and....I want to do something fun today while watching the ep..... Im going to record myself with my reactions (keep in mind I dont speak korean so... I will be reading  live recaps or something :sweatingbullets: i know just the simple and common words) but I wanted to do it to watch myself later and see how much this drama has affected me hahahahaha  

If I found myself not to ridiculous I will upload the video :P

Will anyone want to see a crazy person shouting at a screen? hahahahaaahahah 

P.S JH you better put those lips to work tonight !!!! SADSAGSHJASHGAHGUASHU

OMAIGAT!!!! MY IMAGINATION IS GONNA BE WILD. just imagine JH and DS have an intimate kiss scene. do it!

• Like 5

28 minutes ago, starryskie5 said:

Also, that scene before JH's farewell dinner, he waited for DS in front of their house (tying the shoe laces part). I literally giggled to see how he didn't change at all.. Still same antic.. 5 FREAKING YEARS LATER.. JH still the same dork (just a more handsome dork who can fly a plane lol)

So adorable, wasn't it?^^ Before that, we see him crying a river for missing his chance yet again. Then, this. I imagine him in his room that day waiting to hear her say goodbye to her parents, and then saying his own goodbyes before rushing out the gate so he'd "just happen" to be there "tying his shoelaces" when she comes out. So of course it would be perfectly reasonable to just "go together" to meet the gang. On top of that, they're going out for drinks because it's his last day. But here he is taking his jeep. So it's also perfectly reasonable to tell her she can drive it home, with him in it haha, later. His grin when he told her that was as giddy as his grin when she cracked the joke that he can fly back faster in his fighter plane. This man just can't help himself where she's concerned. The lengths he'll go through just to have those moments with her boggles my mind.

• Like 21

i'm telling ya'll she's asking him to go on a blind date with the stewardess friend she's been staying with (homegirl she's talking to looks surprised by what she says, probably hearing that's she close friends with the great Master Taek 6 dan and that she want her to go on a blind date with him. Also Deok Sun may be nervous about  bringing it up because she knows how much he kind of hate these things...but I am being delusional because it would make no sense for her to do that unless many things that ya'll say aren't true  LOL. Last episode they kept mentioning her setting up the squad on a blind date and she's already done that for his manager. Maybe Deok Sun like Bora's friend has a knack for finding peole their matches. Now I want to know why Taek went to visit Junghwan. He must have heard or been told about the "joke" confession but knowing what he knows, knows it to be true and they will finally have that talk we been waiting for since ep "eyes of love"....

• Like 14

22 minutes ago, Nada Azizah said:

Anyone know any fast subber? The sub is too long to wait. 

I wish i can understand korea.................................:bawling: 

me too. I wish I can understand Korean too so I don't have to watch raw episodes with gesture-interpretation-and-low-korean-vocabulary. 

DF release subtitle on Tuesday (because they off on weekend) and they're the only subber who have a license.

• Like 1

At this point, I am trying to imagine what ELSE they can do to stall the triangle because you and I (and everyone's grandmother) knows that we won't know who DS's husband is until the first two minutes (HOPEFULLY) of ep 20. 

Good of luck to those watching it live..

@winter2015 I know! He can~t help himself..

I'm re watching all the iconic moments (and listening to their songs..)

• Like 13

10 minutes ago, starryskie5 said:

At this point, I am trying to imagine what ELSE they can do to stall the triangle because you and I (and everyone's grandmother) knows that we won't know who DS's husband is until the first two minutes (HOPEFULLY) of ep 20. 

Good of luck to those watching it live..

@winter2015 I know! He can~t help himself..

I'm re watching all the iconic moments (and listening to their songs..)

Deok Sun will tell both boys "nah, I choose myself" then 3 years later at the SunBora wedding (sadly I was spoiled for this) she chooses chooses one of them...

• Like 3

THE INTERVIEW.

How is it that for some, love seems to come really easy, and for others it is almost impossible?

I can't recall where I got this lovely story below.. The writer of this narrative got her dream job – writing about weddings for a magazine. She had to find interesting engaged and married couples and write up their love stories. She gets to ask total strangers the things she’d always wanted to know. here’s an excerpt of it.

How True Love Finds You.

Spoiler

I began to learn about love in dancing school at age 12. I remember thinking on the first day I was going to fall madly in love with one of the boys and spend the next years of my life kissing and waltzing. During class, however, I sat among the girls, waiting for a boy to ask me to dance. To my complete shock, I was consistently one of the last to be asked.

I finally stopped crying when I met Matt, who was quiet and hung out on the edges of the room. When we danced for the first time, he wouldn’t even look me in the eyes. But he was cute, and he told the great stories. We became good buddies, dancing every dance together until the end of school.

I learned from him my most important lesson about romance: that the potential for love exists in corners, in the most unlikely as well as the most obvious places.

For years, my love life continued to be one long novel. In college, fell in love with a tall English major who rode a motorcycle. He stood me up on our sixth date. In my mid-20s I moved to NY where love is as hard to find as a legal parking spot. My first valentine’s day there, I went on a date to a crowded bar on the upper west side. Halfway thru the dinner, my date excused myself and never returned.

I found at least one sure answer to the question “How do you know it’s love?” – You know when the everyday things surrounding you – the leaves, the shade of light in the sky, a bowl of strawberries – suddenly shimmer with a kind of unreality. You know when the tiny details about another person, ones that are insignificant to most people, seem fascinating and incredible to you. One groom told me he loved everything about his wife, from her handwriting to the way she scratched on their apartment door like a cat when she came home. One bride said she fell in love with her fiancé because, “one night, a moth was flying around a light bulb, and he caught it and let it out the window. she said, ‘that’s it. He’s the guy’.”

You also know it’s love when you can’t stop talking to each other. Almost every couple I’ve ever interviewed said that on their first or second date, they talked for hours and hours. For some, falling in love is like walking into a soundproof confessional booth, a place where you can tell all. I can’t tell you how many women have told me they knew they were in love because they forgot to wear make up around their boyfriend. Or because they felt at ease hanging around him in flannel pajamas.

There’s some modern truth to Cinderella’s tale – its love when you’re incredibly comfortable, when the shoe fits perfectly.

Finally, I think you’re in love if you can make each other laugh at the very worst times. As someone once told me, 90% of being in love is making each other’s loves funnier and easier, all the way to the deathbed.

When people ask me where to find love, I tell a story about one of my first job interviews. He gave me some advice I will never forget. He said, “Go out into the world. Work hard and concentrate on what you love to do, writing. If you become good, we will find you.”

That’s why I always tell people looking for love to wait for that “I won the lottery” feeling –wait, wait, wait!—Don’t read articles about how to trap, seduce or hypnotize a mate. Don’t worry about your lipstick or your height, because it is not going to matter.  Just live your life well, take care of yourself, and don’t mope too much. Love will find you.

Eventually it even found me. At 28, I met my husband in a stationary store. I was buying a typewriter ribbon, and he was looking at Filofaxes. I remember that his eyes perfectly matched his faded jeans. He remembers that my sneakers were full of sand. He still talks about those sneakers and how they evoked his childhood – things he cherished.

How did I know that it was true love? Our first real date lasted for nine hours; we just couldn’t stop talking. I had never been able to dance in my life, but I could dance with him, perfectly in step. I have learned that it’s love when you finally stop tripping over your toes. A year after we met, we married.

With each story I hear, I have proof that love, optimism, guts, grace, perfect partners and good luck do, in fact, exist. Love in my opinion is not a fantasy, not the stuff of romance novels or fairy tales. It’s as gritty and real as the subway, it comes around just as regularly, and as long as you can stick it out on the platform, you won’t miss it.

The interview would have to be about “First love”.

Since the beginning of the Reply series – this has been what the show is all about. With the family and friendship narrative thrown in the mix (but is truly the central theme of the series. the hubby hunting is just the side dish to make it more interesting.. but ending up as the main plot becoz of the characters that give them life). The last episodes of the show always trying to magnify that first loves do exist, that first loves do make it in this world. And that our first love may or can always end up as our true love.

First love.

Spoiler

The reason everyone’s first love is beautiful is not only because the love was pretty. At the time of first love, there was a youthfulness that didn’t know how to be wise, a me who was pure to the point of cruelty, and a you whose fire I couldn’t handle. Its because I already know that I can never go back to that youthful, innocent, passionate time.

First love is reckless. Without calculating, it throws everything in with pure passion, and inevitably fails. But that’s why its dramatic –the reckless tales wrapped up in experiences or feelings that you can never have again.

First love is a time. Once it passes, its gone. Now you have to give a new love and a new time a chance. It might not be the experience or the purity of first love, but out of that scar is a love that grows and becomes a little more mature –you have to wait for an adult love. Only those who wait can dream of love.

When romance passes, life comes. Purity gets dirtied, passion freezes over, and youth turns to shrewdness as you age. That innocent era’s first love becomes fatigued and exhausted daily routine.. and is why first love appears to be something that can’t be realized. Because those who succeed at realizing their first love… don’t tell you.

Succeeding at first love is nice too. There’s comfort that’s even better than your favorite sweater, but also an excitement that you can find when you’re tired of that comfort. As childhood playmates, as first loves, as lovers, and as husband and wife, we live through the same times, share the same memories, and grow old together. A familiar excitement. It’s nice . It was fiery and pure, the time I long for.

Yoon-Jae’s voiceover as the first series of reply ended. All Excerpts from Dramabeans.

I love that Reply 1988 used different set of actors to represent the younger characters – it made the 3rd installment different and unique. The nostalgic effect is there, but I don’t suppose it would hurt so much when you finally say goodbye to the characters becoz It seems that I really won’t see the younger version saying their final goodbyes to each other.  Its bittersweet that I would remember them just the way they are. And I luv that I’ve come to share the families struggles and pains.. and their joy and celebrations. I really felt like I was among them –in that neighborhood.

It would be nice, if this show would come full circle. As someone suggested before ( @MrsSoJiSub I believe) that Shi-Won would be the interviewer.

Older DS said that she’s just doing it for her unnie BoRa - who is married to Sung Woo - a colleague of trash Oppa - the hubby of Na Jung – who’s family is living below Shi-won and Yoon-Jae. The connection is all there. Heck, we can even throw in Jin-joo to be the girl friend picking up Joon-hee with that red car after the Reply 1997 reunion.. how cool would that be!!!

Or maybe Jin-joo with Na Jung’s younger brother or Chilbong’s wifey. I couldn’t even imagine how’s that going to pan out.. But with the Reply series – anything under the sun or rain or snow is possible.

kamsahamnida for patiently reading.

• Like 17

I guess they will AT LEAST cfm the husband the last 15 seconds today...unless they are giving us a "Lord-of-the-ring" movie tmr.

I'm hoping to see more aegyo of Hyeri (she's so adorable) and more sweet moment of JH & DS in the finale..

**sigh**...i know ep 19 will be torturing like hell...and they have to tell the stories of other families: sung appa's job, BR&SW's, cheetah omma's health..oh...my...it really sounds like a condensed sitcom...they squeezed a week's episodes into 2 hours....

• Like 11