[Official] Ryu Jun Yeol ❤ Hyeri Official Thread (Junghwan & Deoksun of Reply 1988)

Adwina Oltariani

@mojobobo Thank you for checking. Out of the possibilities you listed, and based on the timeline, it does seem like option 2 (the guy is SW but not named) is most likely. I agree that she probably would not name the person she likes, due to lack of privacy. And if the guy she meant was JH and she actually did write his name, I think BR would have teased DS mercilessly for her "jaljara" to JH in ep 11. 

I'll admit it is simply the romantic in me that would love for the guy to be JH, but it's no big deal if it isn't, because what matters is who DS chooses to be with for the rest of her life. And we know who that is. :) 

• Like 5

is there anyone who watch youth over flower in iceland?

i'm saying this because joo jung seok is really same as taek!!!! his smile and they way he talk and when he wear glasses he TOTALLYY have the same feels as taek.

it wud be good that joo jung seok is the one who gonna play future taek (yeah, because kim joo hyuk is kim jung hwan!!!)

hehehe....

• Like 4

2 hours ago, voyeur93 said:

I just rewatch the previous episodes, I really like the song which played during JH or DS wait for each other (JH in front of the house, and DS in the bus stop). Anyone knows the title of the song?

i need to recheck the song during JH waiting DS in front of the house

and for DS waiting JS in the bus stop the title song is Town by Kim Hyun Chul

• Like 3

I took the chance and posted something on the MT. I've learned things from JH about taking courage hahaha. Posting it here (not sure if it's permissible to copy from other thread tho) just to share since a lot of us avoids reading the MT some observation after it was revealed that JH loves DS from the start. Debunking the myth about the jealousy:

Let me add that JH is pretty much a jealous man himself. In the ep5. where SW hurt his leg, DS asked JH to leave so that she could be alone with SW. JH retaliated by asking "What you're going to do when I leave?", proceeded by some angry/rage banana milk sucking lol. Later in the same ep., JH went to Tk's room and saw DS and DR alone and insisted to know what those two are doing alone in the room. His eyes widens as DR put his arm on DS's shoulder. 

Another prove from the beginning of ep13., DS ex-schoolmate gushed on how pretty DS has become and JH kept making this "yeah,right" faces. Since now that we know he likes her from earlier days, he might be doing the face to mock the ex-schoolmate's sweet talk and not because JH didn't agree that she's pretty. He was jealous when she got called pretty.  When ex-schoolmate asked if it's O.K for him to call DS, JH who was acting nonchalant perked up sideways and was in attentive mode. Next comes the petty bumping trick in the washroom. Why would he do that if he is not jealous? 

@ainipang Let me be narcissistic for once and say that I laughed over that line too B)

• Like 22

7 hours ago, carolinedl said:

@papulichan @fleshwithoutblood Okay I am liking this. I actually know the movie The Classic but here is aomething I noticed in episode 18:

When the gang is at Taek's house, SW asks JH to put some music on. JH goes through the tapes and strikes down the tape of The Classic OST. Yes, he pushes it to the side while choosing the tape next to it!

Yes ! This is the precise scene that sprouted this "Classic" speculative theory. Yep...Yep.... But, I think that is over analysis...ain't it?

3 hours ago, einYoshiChan said:

thank you chingu*hugs*

wahh.. "that" person really looks like a too biased,she/he keep mentioned the future husband as TK..TK and TK..even though we are here love JH so much and 100% positive he's the husband we never call the future husband JH..

Just let her being like that chingu, as that is the furthest step she can reach as TK will never be the real "present and forever husband" for DS ;D

• Like 2

This thread moves so fast ! and I have missed pages for sure, so I hope I'm not repeating too much--Deok Sun is really a mysterious character! I hope that the next episode will shed some light on:

1. Why did Deok Sun become a flight attendant? I hope her decision motivated by Jung Hwan's entering the Air Force--that she wanted to be near him with a profession that overlaps through flight.

2. Why did she keep looking at her pager and the restaurant doorway at the end of episode 18? I feel that it would be weird that she is waiting for Taek if the crew was going to meet him somewhere else. Subs would've helped.

3. Though my shipper heart really wants Jung Hwan to have been the one in her journal, the circumstances point to Sun Woo. However, the production team may have a twist coming...One thing that supports this theory is that Bo Ra started dating Sun Woo. When BR initially hesitated, I thought perhaps it was because her little sister likes Sun Woo. Or, maybe Deok Sun just didn't specify who she liked in her journal.

4. What will be the catalyst that brings Deok Sun and Jung Hwan together? Maybe Deok Sun's appa falling ill (he's been overworking) and she leans on Jung Hwan in her distress? Or, perhaps, something happens to Jung Hwan (that flight accident rumor floating around) and she realizes how much she cares for him?

5. Adult Deok Sun seems to have some kind of studio space (there's artwork, maybe a fashion plate, and an antique sewing machine). I think that she is the primary interview subject. Did she change professions? And adult Jung Hwan was adorably camera-shy. (Suffice to say, I think Taek would not have been nervous as he is quite stoic yet professional in front of the media.)

Augh, I'm simultaneously excited and nervous for the final two episodes. Narratively, I believe Jung Hwan and Deok Sun will get together. How they do is the exciting part. I'm nervous because, like Jung Hwan, I wish the "bastard wasn't such a nice guy". I really like Taek, and he's been such a powerful roadblock for the romantic development between Jung Hwan and Deok Sun because he's such a lovely person. I hope the resolution of their triangle is satisfactory.

As frustratingly slow as the romance has been, I empathize with Jung Hwan and Deok Sun because their standoff reflects the strong bonds of friendship they all feel in that quintet. It will take great courage for them to challenge that bond. And somehow, the middle child that believes that no one can love her must realize that one of the most selfless men out there cherishes her, or that she is worthy of making her own choice.

Also, can I just add a postscript that I love the interactions between Jung Hwan and Deok Sun during that car ride? Even without subs, I can see two people who are already like a married couple. The way they tease and bicker is indicative of their intimacy, and their back and forth depicts two equals. Ryu Jun Yeol killed that confession scene. My heart broke for both of them--for Jung Hwan's brave act of letting go, and for Deok Sun's wounded pride. Gads, and 4.5 days to go. 

• Like 19

8 minutes ago, antsyplant said:

guys.. can you help me? kekeke

im looking for some fans made MV regarding jh x ds moment only.

can you recommended to me?

thank you :*

*patiently waiting for ur recommendation*

*or you guys can pm me please please hehe*

i like this one : made by our fellow @ihate0ni0ns :

calling @wizengamot to help, bcoz she has millions fanvid, hahaha

• Like 13

1 hour ago, Richi07 said:

i think DS wrote about JH, because BR read the diary in ep. 2 and she even give the chocolate to him, and in 2015 DS said she give the chocolate to the husband and she believe she give it to him, but the husband said it's not him even when he leave he scream it's not him. and about her crush on SW it's start in ep. 3 not in ep. 1-2. in ep. 1-2 it's POV from DS from the start that's why 2015 DS narrated it.

ive been thinking about this since sw x ds era idk if anyone been mention about this but.... if the guy ds wrote in diary was really SW i think its impossible because as can you guys see BR dating SW without hesitation i mean how come? if BR knew that DS like SW back then she must be didnt have intention of dating SW at all, right? BR is a nice person. so since BR dating SW i know that DS crush is JH! no SW or even taekie..

but all of the theories and hints or clues the most that im afraid about is the childhood flashback bcs thats really make sense. but no no. doesnt mean that theyre talking about taek only right?

bcs the flashback actually showed the friendship.

pardon my english n grammar *_*

• Like 4

@antsyplant

Some of my favourite fmv of our otp
http://tvpot.daum.net/v/vc0e0zPmPemP4fQm3Pfe4I9
https://youtu.be/YCx1Q7pA_4M
https://youtu.be/ZsP8yG3yyVg
https://youtu.be/7LNeFt99oDs
https://youtu.be/WHlWsXA0xi4
https://youtu.be/2A2MR-Mrp2I
https://youtu.be/IVGrFGONyao
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVhY0PqyzI4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7gwy7JIaWY

@mojobobo

Even if it's not named, wouldn't JH think of SW being the 1 since he knew that she was rejected by him during that period.

• Like 9

21 minutes ago, dinhie said:

YESYESYESYESYESYES!!!!

There were 2 taxi episodes for Reply 1997 not sure which one is the first but here's the guest list:

- Eunji, then they went and pick up SIG, then Shin Won Ho PD

- SIG and Eun Ji Won, Eunji then joined later ---->>>>> did you see this? JH is the husband after all. Look at the parallelism, YYJ (SIG) is the husband and DHC (EJW) is one of the friends. JH (RJY)  is the husband and DR (DH) is one of the friends 

I'm shaking :w00t:

• Like 6

5 hours ago, MrsSoJiSub said:

But that pregnant pause after his confession where he says nothing....what did he read in that moment? (Damn you camera for not showing her you purposely tormenting PDs) he just looks........................."is that enough" what did you read in those eyes? What did you see? Did he mind read "ooooo little boy we gonna talk. Not right now in front of our friends, but you wait till we get home. We goin to talk" you know that look my mom would send when I was young that let me know I richard simmons up and she gon beat the black off me when we get home....what did you read in that moment Junghwan? 

I think he "thinks" he saw rejection or hesitation. I think his eyes said, "That's it. I've crossed the line and... NADA." That's why he turns to DR, and says the things that I don't even have the heart to repeat. 

As we all know, in term of DS, he tends to be in team #lowexpectation. Just like in Sunwoo's phase. Or even after Sunwoo's phase. Maybe because he's been loving her for a long time and he himself thought that is impossible for Ds to like him back? You know, like he said, in his eyes Ds is everything. Maybe, for him, she's unattainable, beyond reach. That's being the reason he keeps on hesitating. That's probably also being the reason he pretends to not like her, such as calling her ugly. He has too much what ifs. What if she rejects me? What if she doesn't like me? And so on. I don't think it's because he's ashamed of his feeling, he is actually very scared of rejection. If (and only if) they are meant to be together, I don't know what the beast will do to Ds. :wub:

I might be wrong due to the delulu mind attack. :D

• Like 22