[Official] Ryu Jun Yeol ❤ Hyeri Official Thread (Junghwan & Deoksun of Reply 1988)

Adwina Oltariani

I believe the next epi will be Taekie's POV. I don't why but I feel the fate/timing theme is incomplete unless it is dissected, explored, pondered upon and experienced by all the 3 players in the main loveline. I think we might get more fate/time shenanigans and cliffhangers in ep 19. :mellow:

@Vannyah M This is not a mystery series right where flashbacks help reveal a killer's identity in the end. This is a romance which needs appropriate buildup leading to the romantic union between hero and heroine. Even if they throw in a shitton of flashbacks in ep 19+20 to show how smitten DS was with Taek, does that move me or you in a strictly emotional sense in a romance/slice of life drama? Throwing in last minute flashbacks does not make a romance. Long story short, a writer needs to build a relationship by creating romantic vibes, sexual tension and chemistry from scratch, adding layer upon layer of relationship dynamics from the first ep till the last one. And we have had none of that in Tk-DS loveline. The only time DS was moved by Tk's actions quite genuinely was when he carried her and ran. Other moments like when he was there beside her during the Burberry man incident, beach volleyball incident she didn't even register anything. I'm still basing everything on my ability to interpret literature.

Another important thing - Even if JH IS second lead here, this confession scene gave him no proper closure. There's no proper way he got rejected by DS. So the writer-nim will include one more scene to give JH the closure he needs. If anything the heart-breaking nature of this confession and the fact it went unanswered makes the possibility of JH as endgame all the more stronger.

• Like 22

Guest fleshwithoutblood

If anyone wants to add to the fate/timing theories, then I suggest scanning through the narration quotes from 1997 and 1994. The 1997 have quite a few regarding fate and timing, even more interesting are the quotes from episodes 18 and 19 in R94. If I remember correctly, Chilbong always had the "right timing" earlier on in the drama and that became a central part of the CB theory: how he was always there at the right moment and Trash was not. Note that and then look at the quotes for episode 19. It's possible she's going with a different message this time, but her overall theme tends towards the couple missing chances through time - at different points in time, they don't work due to varying reasons (hesitation/youth in R97 and distance in R94) - until the combination of timing, fate and effort works out - when they're finally ready/desperate enough and they have the opportunity to seize. In my opinion, this is what happened with JH's confession, he finally seized the opportunity and now it's out of his hands. I could be wrong though. It takes more than just timing for the relationship to work. This is my understanding of the writer's point, anyways, it's also just interesting to see the theme throughout her different works and how she plays with it.

Some quotes related to this:

Spoiler

R97 EP13

I had forgotten. That if she liked something right now, she expressed the fire of that moment directly, and without hesitation. I could’ve just said: I like you. Be mine. I could say it like that right now. Back then, and even in this moment… I was just hesitating. -Yoon Jae-

There is nothing more urgent than now. Because later might never come. Life isn’t long enough to speak of the next opportunity, rather than the now that’s before our eyes. -Yoon Jae-

If you give up on now because of laziness or a lack of courage, there is no hope of another opportunity. If you love now, the best timing is now. You have to go before it’s too late, and you have to confess now. Because you never know what’ll happen later. The next opportunity might never come. -Yoon Jae-

R97 EP16

First love is reckless. Without calculating, it throws everything in with pure passion, and inevitably fails. But that’s why it’s dramatic—the reckless tales wrapped up in experiences or feelings that you can never have again. -Yoon Jae-

First love is a time. Once it passes, it’s gone. Now you have to give a new love and a new time a chance. It might not be the experience or the purity of first love, but out of that scar is a love that grows and becomes a little more mature—you have to wait for an adult love. Only those who wait can dream of love. -Yoon Jae-

R94 EP19

"Sometimes there are moments when I really feel like there is a God. Even if there is not, there are times I feel like there has to at least be a something like fate to explain certain situations. This exquisite coincidence, this unbelievable timing, this ingenious reversal—it’s possible that my fate is playing a game with me." -Na Jung-

"Fate is damned. Fate is cruel. And Fate… is strong. Fate throws us into dilemmas, traps us in corners where we can’t do a thing, and in the bitter end, even ignores our sincere prayers. That’s how Fate is damned. That’s how Fate is cruel and strong." -Trash Oppa-

"Another reason why Fate is cruel and strong: timing you can’t predict. This is how Fate is cruel." -Chilbongie-

"Fate pushes me to the edge of a cliff, makes it so that I can’t budge, and in the end passes me the ball. In the end Fate is choosing. Now I just have to make a choice." -Na Jung-

Edited by fleshwithoutblood

8 minutes ago, wizengamot said:

lol saw that. don't mind it. but anyway, she finally admit who she thinks is the husband lol. she ships the script and she thinks the script says TK is the husband hahahahahaha!!!

I wonder if tables are turned in the next episode...will the "shipped script" sail towards "JH being the hubby"..PWAHAHAHAH..... But, aren't we (JH-DS shippers) shipping the script too !!

• Like 9

@boranoona @grcevln @EMM! I guess I would not mind a duo between PBG and RJY, the former playing the piano and singing and the latter at the guitar!

@fleshwithoutblood Ah loved your post about fate in comparison with both Reply series. It's very interesting! I would actually suggest you post it on the Main Thread as it is not too biased and points to the fact that fate goes and comes in unexpected ways. I think TK/DS's shippers might be forgetting taht it can go as fast as it came and that right now, we are all on equal ground in relation to fate...

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, fictionista said:

I believe the next epi will be Taekie's POV. I don't why but I feel the fate/timing theme is incomplete unless it is dissected, explored, pondered upon and experienced by all the 3 players in the main loveline. I think we might get more fate/time shenanigans and cliffhangers in ep 19. :mellow:

@Vannyah M This is not a mystery series right where flashbacks help reveal a killer's identity in the end. This is a romance which needs appropriate buildup leading to the romantic union between hero and heroine. Even if they throw in a shitton of flashbacks in ep 19+20 to show how smitten DS was with Taek, does that move me or you in a strictly emotional sense in a romance/slice of life drama? Throwing in last minute flashbacks does not make a romance. Long story short, a writer needs to build a relationship by creating romantic vibes, sexual tension and chemistry from scratch, adding layer upon layer of relationship dynamics from the first ep till the last one. And we have had none of that in Tk-DS loveline. The only time DS was moved by Tk's actions quite genuinely was when he carried her and ran. Other moments like when he was there beside her during the Burberry man incident, beach volleyball incident she didn't even register anything. I'm still basing everything on my ability to interpret literature.

Another important thing - Even if JH IS second lead here, this confession scene gave him no proper closure. There's no proper way he got rejected by DS. So the writer-nim will include one more scene to give JH the closure he needs. If anything the heart-breaking nature of this confession and the fact it went unanswered makes the possibility of JH as endgame all the more stronger.

YEP ! That's what I was thinking too ! And the FINALE will be all DS coz' it is HER who will choose the inevitable at the end.

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, honeywell said:

What is the burping thing about?  I keep reading about it but totallly lost.

Hint hunters stated that DS burped in front of TK and hid that . I really dont know in which ep that happened because I did not notice that. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Kaizen68 said:

It's been a while since the last time I visited the MT. I skipped over 100 pages, and it seems the MT now filled with Taek shippers, no?

Yeah, since ep 18 was a big treat for them, it's obvious 

@carolinedl what if it turns out that ryu jun yeol can sing too seeing how well he dances :lol:

• Like 4

Reading her long post on MT, I thought of something regarding the future husband!! If you guys realise, the future husband sometimes sits with one leg up on the sofa. As far as I recall, TK doesn't sit like that. He sits rather politely. Correct me if i'm wrong though!! 

5 minutes ago, wizengamot said:

lol saw that. don't mind it. but anyway, she finally admit who she thinks is the husband lol. she ships the script and she thinks the script says TK is the husband hahahahahaha!!!

LOL, this entire time when she kept saying she is all about the script and not a "shipper like us" but I NEVER saw her try to see things from JH's pov ever she always had reasons to boost up Taek fans/give them hope and in the weirdest ways put JH down. It sad because she points fingers at us for "shipping" yet she's the one in denial. 

I am PROUD that I am a JH shipper and never did I DENY that just to try to get ppl to agree with my bias views *cough LOL. Sorry end of my rant.....I know she indirectly wants to start a war thats why she keeps posting stuff though she tries to act mutual please who are you kidding here?

I like when ppl are up front and honest not hiding their true intentions under lies! If your HONEST at least I can respect that and disagree with an open mind!

I SAY AVOID THE MT, if you want peace haha :P I have not seen the post but yeah just saying.

• Like 14

Guest wizengamot

@boranoona i like blue_angel_1004. she's one of the subbers and that's why i think she's very credible, plus she tries to keep unbias opinion that's why she's hardly joining ship in this installment. Actually, lots of neutral think JH is the husband

@balladblue @fictionista wow that was a very beautiful post. Me too, i totally could relate to DS at that time. when i graduated high school, i really had no idea what do i want for college. All I know is i need to go to college because that's the norm. I often envy people who knows what they want and even ask myself why am I like this? I went to finish the college course that my parents choose (basically like SW) because i really don't have any course i want so i just took my parents advice. 

Anyway, i've never been so much invested in a drama before. The last drama i spazz here in soompi is Hello Monster (thus I watched this series because of bogum but ended up falling head over heels to a certain tsundere namja. It's been a while since i also made gifs, screencaps picture, analyze the series, going crazy for the subs. and i honestly don;t know what to do after this. I love that i find friends here, the last thread i went (Hello Monster), only lelee (our recapper/translator) is the one i met again, and i was really glad when she told me that she kind of remembers me. 

early this morning i was wondering if we could all meet again in one thread/series and spazzing like there's no tomorrow. But seriously, to be able to spazz like this, the drama must be as good as Reply. This installment has been contending with my all time favorite reply (the 1997 installment, and because i've never seen 1994 at that hahaha). I think i've found my most favorite namja in kdramaland.

12 minutes ago, fictionista said:

I think so too!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, fictionista said:

I did post that one before. Yep he is so good at dancing, it actually adds to his hotness quotient. :wub:

Sorry chingu. I was almost certain someone did but searching for it seemed like it would take hours. :)

Whoa...I don't realise that there are more than 400 comment in Dramabeans recaps. What are comments like up there? Are they having a celebration? Are they still badmouthing our JungHwan? or are they some of us who's ranting and mourning? 

• Like 1

@wizengamot yes i like her too, her posts actually make sense+she understands korean too...on the other hand, i am sure even some of the taek shippers don't understand what the script shipper is referring to but clap anyways as it's always in taek's favour .i really didn't understand how junghwan became a wedding photographer :crazy:

Edited by boranoona
  • Like 10