[Official] Ryu Jun Yeol ❤ Hyeri Official Thread (Junghwan & Deoksun of Reply 1988)

Adwina Oltariani

6 minutes ago, MrsSoJiSub said:

Do ya'll think Deok Sun would call Junghwan oppa? Or do you think she would stick to calling him Jungpal and then for more serious times Junghwan-ah (this is for the dating period before marriage)? As for when they are getting married, I really want Deok Sun to be the one who proposes to him (yes she completely forgets the stupid high school advice) and is just like "Let's get married oppa." Which completely shocks him and makes Junghwan happy and flustered but he recovers by being all "How can a girl be so brazen, she has no shame." and tries to turn into a bickering joke but Deok Sun is persistent that they get married. After like a week of asking Deok Sun gets like mad about it then forgets it. Then one day (like a week after her asking) he slips the ring on her finger and is like marry me, and she's all like what the hell did you say, and I thought you didn't want to marry me. Anyways they get engaged but whenever they tell the story they argue over who proposed to who. She says it's her because she asked a whole week before him, and he insists to the squad that since there was no ring and she was just making a suggestion. His proposal with ring and everything was the true proposal. 

OMG!!! I can imagine it NOW!!! KYAAAAAAA!!! I really cant wait for lovey dovey moment of our couple.

How they confirm their feeling, how they will say i love you, how they will kisses, who's proposed firstly and how the other react, how they wedding, how their honeymoon, how they after married and have kids. I hope we still have RJY and HR as JH and DS when they have kids and reunion with Ssangmundong Gang again :wub:

• Like 11

My crazy brain thought of a scenario like there is a time-jump again to 1996 when there this line matches that TK-DS have been friends for the last 20 years... there is no need for that line to be used for JH as it doesn't match, they were friends right from when they started knowing other relations in their lives like mom, dad, siblings... their friendship wasn't made, it just came along in their lives right from the day they were born as their moms are besties... you know it just followed like they mentioned in ep 2 that friendships in that street are purely deendent on time... but I personally feel each and every relation that we build up in our life is a miracle just that it happened in itself with a particular person... LOL... I am going philosophical... 

I think I am just going crazy as the farewell time is nearing... I am right now very emotional to bid adieu to my most favorite charcters... as I won't be able to watch their further lives... but its ok for my imaginative brain as I can do it by myself forever...

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Adwina Oltariani said:

My thoughts and prayers to my fellow Jakartans. This is indeed a sad day for our country, And avoid Thamrin, Palmerah, Semanggi area if you can. There's a hand grenade being thrown at civilians and there's active shooters at the location. If you dont have any business in that particular location, I suggest to go home immediately. It is very worrying and definitely not looking good based from the news. Stay safe, everyone..

-sorry for the off topic

Omg I woke up to this news. Terrible terrible thing to happen. Following it in our local news channel. Hope all fellow soompiers from Indonesia, and your near dear ones are safe. Stay safe and healthy. 

• Like 5

Just comeback from MT, it started okay until the arguing about who's the real husband came again. I told myself, "Time to go back to the homebase".

Seriously, even reporters who supposed to be on the neutral ground start analyzing with biased perspective. After all the spoiler from the trash reporters, now this?

http://www.insight.co.kr/newsRead.php?ArtNo=46482

I guess it's true about some people who live in Korea said, Reply'88 really takes Korea by storm :D:D:D:D:D

• Like 8

42 minutes ago, purple31 said:

What episode when deoksun LEAning her head to junghwan? I forgot

3fsuHJF.png?1

here in the ep 12, where DS waited for JH to go to school together. 

And for my fellow Indonesian friends, stay safe and take care. My thoughts and prayers is with you guys. 

• Like 13

46 minutes ago, ryurbae said:

Hi girls! I've been lurking here ever since I lost my password to my @beastrbae account. So happy to see this thread building up so fast with awesome insights, speculations, funny gifs and fanfics from you all. It has definitely been a great ride so far with you guys :) I've cried so many times during Junghwan's earnest not-confession confession especially when they showed us his flashbacks, gosh I freaking bawled then.. Those who said Junghwan only liking Deoksun after the alley scene can just eat their words and lick their bowls clean seriously.. This dude was a goner for Deoksun since when they were young.

It sorta irks me that the opposing shippers see us as a pushy bunch desperately clinging to our airbus (how awesome is that?) when the same could be said for them.

Anyways, I saw this being shared in twitter by @purplelee911 and took a snapshot of it. All credits goes to her. Sorry if it's a bit too small though. Seeing this restored my faith to 110% that Junghwan is indeed the endgame. Stay safe you all!

Somehow I think some of 'them' skipped Junghwan's part in recent episodes. I laugh as they're still outdated, thinking that Junghwan started to like Deoksun in alley scene. In Junghwan's flashback from ep.18, it's clearly seen he's been liking her since episode 1.

Spoiler

Someone even said RJY was 3rd lead character. It really gave me a good laugh instead of being pissed.

• Like 18

2 minutes ago, fictionista said:

I majorly agree with everything @blue_angel_1004 said on the MT but I was wondering if everything unfolds from the husband & wife's perspectives, then what about all the episodes which featured Bora's narration in voiceover? How could either DS or future hubby have an inkling about what Bora thought or felt?

about that bora thought, after i watch it again that part, i hear lee mi yeon voice instead the future bora voice. maybe it's just me...

but till ep 1 - 18 it's only DS and JH that narate the most of the story, same as reply 1997, only Shiwon and Yoon Jae who narates the story.

In reply 1994 all of them have their own part to narate the story, but most of the story is narated by samcheonpo.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, ash623 said:

about that bora thought, after i watch it again that part, i hear lee mi yeon voice instead the future bora voice. maybe it's just me...

but till ep 1 - 18 it's only DS and JH that narate the most of the story, same as reply 1997, only Shiwon and Yoon Jae who narates the story.

In reply 1994 all of them have their own part to narate the story, but most of the story is narated by samcheonpo.

No I'm pretty sure it was Bora who narrated ep 12 especially the bit about what it means to love someone.

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, fictionista said:

I majorly agree with everything @blue_angel_1004 said on the MT but I was wondering if everything unfolds from the husband & wife's perspectives, then what about all the episodes which featured Bora's narration in voiceover? How could either DS or future hubby have an inkling about what Bora thought or felt?

Why do I have this slight hunch how the person behind the camera is the supposedly son -"Jae woo" that adult BR mentions on the phone to SW. Considering their current 2015/16 age bar...all of these kids are now in 45+ .. so I was wondering if indeed the name "Jae woo"...is SW-BR' son...he may be in his late teens and the whole interview thing may just be some school/college project.... Just a far-fetched thought...

• Like 12

3 minutes ago, papulichan said:

Why do I have this slight hunch how the person behind the camera is the supposedly son -"Jae woo" that adult BR mentions on the phone to SW. Considering their current 2015/16 age bar...all of these kids are now in 45+ .. so I was wondering if indeed the name "Jae woo"...is SW-BR' son...he may be in his late teens and the whole interview thing may just be some school/college project.... Just a far-fetched thought...

Yeah I also remember in ep 18, DS mentions that she is doing the interview for 'unni'. It might be something relating to either Bora-SW's son/daughter's school project or something Bora needs at work.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, papulichan said:

Now that you point that out, I think it does make sense. LMY herself said she agreed to be interviewed cause BR asked her. Also, BR said in the future scene that "yeah, Jae woo is here too". Maybe in the cafe when KJH said "oh, you're here again" it's because he saw Jae Woo there. But one question that I have in mind is that why would BR smoke in front of the interviewer, if in fact the one who conducted it is her own son? 

• Like 10