[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

14 minutes ago, fengari said:

In BH and WS ´s last meeting, BH announces to WS, WW ´s death, and adds that "now, no one left to visit, so I leave". I think that BH visits to WW and maybe to WJ(a visit we didn´t witnessed) were made under WS request: WS asked BH to visit everyone was close to HS and  "record" their memories with her in paintings. This is why we have the painting with the WW-HS promenade in the snow, and Lady Hae death. Also the scene with the HS´s comic bow in front of the king.( sole alive witness back then in this scene was WW and his mother).  

So, it was WS who wanted to leave  signs for her that he (and not only him but all the persons she loved and cared for)  remmebers. The fact, that he  delivers also memories of her time with WW, shows that he holds no grudge, that he understood, and that he respects her memories . (damn, tears comes as i am writting this

Aaaah now it makes sense...thank you, thank you! I'm not good catching hints if it's not shown clearly, the members here are so helpful to make me understand the drama better :D

7 minutes ago, ruizaio said:

@shiraru Funny thing is, Korean fans are somewhat accepting or even happy with the ending, while the general public ("muggles" that don't follow the story too keenly and just watch when it's on) hate it. One of the earlier criticisms of this show was that it features an illicit affair between in-laws, and now the girl marries a full brother of her lover while being pregnant with his child! As most Koreans have been brainwashed with Confucian ideas (thanks to Joseon dynasty, ugh), these are particularly discomforting for many viewers.

Interesting...I thought most would flip out since I've read somewhere that Korean viewers don't like sad ending. I kiiinda understand the affairs criticism though, I also find it kinda weird at first, but if that's what happened in the past, well hey, who am I to complain, ahahaa...

• Like 8

31 minutes ago, ruizaio said:

@Rose34 I only provide translation of scenes that appear only in the SBS version to @liddi. There was a time when I used to sub on Viki (username semilla), but I don't do that anymore. If that is how the song was translated, I think I'll retranslate it and make a post at some point because to me, that song is the epitome of how much Hae Soo (the way IU interpreted) understood and loved Wang So. Way better than any lines the actual writer of this show wrote.

I also saw an excerpt of an interview with Yoon Sun Woo (Wang Won, 9th prince) that there was a deleted scene of him harrassing Woo Hee and Baek Ah defending her that was cut. He also said that 80% of his lines were ad libbed on the spot. Seriously. The actors made this show way better than it was supposed to be. Korean fans will continue to blame the director and writer for all the shortcomings of this show.

Also, the interview with Ji Soo was edited to leave out him mentioning the part where Soo and So meet in the present time. I wonder what the production companies are thinking. The damage has already been done.

@shiraru Funny thing is, Korean fans are somewhat accepting or even happy with the ending, while the general public ("muggles" that don't follow the story too keenly and just watch when it's on) hate it. One of the earlier criticisms of this show was that it features an illicit affair between in-laws, and now the girl marries a full brother of her lover while being pregnant with his child! As most Koreans have been brainwashed with Confucian ideas (thanks to Joseon dynasty, ugh), these are particularly discomforting for many viewers.

Ah, i see! Yes, indeed the song showcase Hae Soo's kind of love for Wang So besides the letter. But more significantly, it is that song that makes Wang So falls in love with Hae Soo because she understands him and love him for who he are. It is up to you, wouldn't want to request too much. Actually, I ask you whether you subbed it because the SBS version translation uploaded at Kissasian was well done for me, better than the ONE TV translation and the Chinese version translation. :sweatingbullets:

Omg!! I can see the casts worked so hard! I kind of become fond of them because I can sense their progress and acting improvements as the episodes progresses especially for the newer ones. Ughhh, better luck for the casts for their next project. They don't deserve this. It is just one messy situation with some background people making decisions. Ughhhh. 

Edited by Rose34
  • Like 13

50 minutes ago, penforella said:
  1 hour ago, iloveknovela said:

Here is my take on that.

HS comes from the future and nowadays, we don't need a doctor to know if the person is pregnant or not.  The woman knows coz their bodies can tell, like not having their period or some indications of early pregnancy. Of course we have to make an assumption that these two love birds were busy doing their job to make it happen. :grin:

Just imagine how many candles blown on that :phew:

:D this is so funny, Wkwkwk Wang So & Hae Soo should borrow candles from her :phew:images_2.jpg

• Like 12

27 minutes ago, ChewyChocolate said:

So and Ji Mong switched bodies in the end. Ji Mong ruled as GJ and GJ time travelled to the future where he became Ji Mong. 

The only problem is he looks and talks like Ji Mong now. Hae Soo just has to get used to that.

Does this make you feel better, guys?

LOL. I could already imagine HS reaction. 

Sigh. What has MoonLovers done to me? I tried to stay away from this forum, but clearly can't stop myself from checking in. And I can't stop hearing the lyrics "Remember, I love you...I love you..." repeatedly in my head all day...What is wrong with me? 

• Like 8

6 minutes ago, kiinn said:

I re-run the last episode. Yep, this is me:

I smiled but I cried, I accepted but I cursed. Oh well....

It's very sweet of LJG to bid farewell to his Wang So, hoping he would be happy with Hae Soo. He must have loved Wang So very much. 

I do not want SC 2. I already gave all my heart to Wang So. *ahem* I mean to this drama, I barely have any piece left.

I want more BTS, editor's cut, director's cut, raw cut, whatever richard simmons cut existing.

Now, excuse me while I'm going back to my SC re-run / re-looping forever limbo hole.

Be strong, people 

I also feel LJG really like his character as Wang So that is why he is all out. And the result of that love and talent is OUTSTANDING. Pure art.

I always wanna shout to the younger cast "Watch and learn" and I am glad they did. They all improve their acting skills with MLSHR. 

Season 2? My number one concern is no Wang So with long hair, mask, cape, horse, sword, tendency to kill, etc. Basicly I want anime character in real life form LOL. Modern Wang So? idk. Maybe.

Why not use LJG & IU in another rom-com? as long as nobody dies. I am tired with death.

• Like 14

11 minutes ago, Rose34 said:

Yes, indeed the song showcase Hae Soo's kind of love for Wang So besides the letter. But more significantly, it is that song that makes Wang So falls in love with Hae Soo because she understands him and love him for who he are. It is up to you, wouldn't want to request too much. Actually, I ask you whether you subbed it because the SBS version translation uploaded at Kissasian was well done for me, better than the ONE TV translation and the Chinese version translation. 

Omg!! I can see the casts worked so hard! I kind of become fond of them because I can sense their progress and acting improvements as the episodes progresses especially for the newer ones. Ughhh, better luck for the casts for their next project. They don't deserve this. It is just one messy situation with some background people making decisions. Ughhhh. 

I feel bad for the cast. They deserved better production team. What a waste of their talents. 

SHAME ON YOU EDITING TEAM 

• Like 19

12 minutes ago, iloveknovela said:

I thought GJ heard Jung when he told HS that being out is not good for her baby, but it seems he didn't capture it.  Well, it was their way to follow the C-version, so what can we do?

I assumed So thought that it was Jung's baby with Soo, that's why you can see how So's lips corner jerked upward a bit upon hearing about that baby. He had to think that Soo had betrayed him. Then when he eavesdropped their night's convo, he only heard the part where Jung asked Soo about his body (damn So, what were you doing all that time? a good walk around neighborhood?) and ofc that damn candle chose to go off exactly that moment LOL

• Like 12

I dont know maybe its my perspective is different to others I dont know, but for me i saw very little love for WS from HS frankly, there was more for wook through the whole series than there ever was for WS.

Even in one of the interviews it said something further about a special episode to show his love for HS, frankly thats getting rediculous for me as he spent the whole entire series sacrificing himself for her in so many ways, she spent most of hers either pulling away from him or pining after Wook.

*sighs* i must be one of the few here that really is just outrightly frustrated with Wook, especially HS & Jung.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, penforella said:

@dramu51ch0c10ve Thank you for that, you coax the first laugh out of me today. My coworker keep asking why do you look so sad? Errr.. because some imaginary character that I invested in did not get the ending I want. *facepalm* :sweatingbullets:

Lol! Me too!!!!

I had clinicals yesterday and my supervisor asked me if I was okay. Usually, I'm smiling but I was just so sad and lost in thought......because of a drama! Lol!

• Like 7

8 hours ago, cojulie said:

Drowned and went back in time to meet this:

Woke up alive to meet this: 

Somebody push HS back into another pond or something.

It seems JM were strictly speaking the main character or min. a most secret admirer of HS who got she at the end after destroying her marriage with WS and nearly destroying her marriage with Jung... 

• Like 7

Well my impression is they tried to make it like a happy ending for the hole story.  In my taste is not as good as others episode, some things are too artificial or inflated or loosely concluded, but I Am really relieve that they give HS a very good reason to want to leave the palace!!!!!!!

So we can keep our faith that she did love him and suffered knowing he felt alone!!!!!! And, as we see in the end, they also have their great time together

• Like 12

2 hours ago, lanjung said:

truthly that I still not watch ep19 & 20 bcz i can't stand what will happen ... I 've read many comments around many forums. Most of them are disapointed with the ending. Some compare with chinese version & made bad words about Moon Lovers. I wish we have more episode to solve all the misunderstanding. Only 20 eps' too short for this film

@lanjung I didnt watch the chinese version or read the novel. I enter the ML universe clean and free of preconceived ideas. But inevitably, I found myself amidst a barrage of  comments comparing the two ( rather three) stories (novel, cversion,kversion). I was burdened by the ominous hints in those comments. So I took a glimpse in the c version:I  watched the 1st episode, and I watched the chinese version of the so called forced kiss.My conclusion was that the characters of Kversion were of totally different mentality. But one thing was common:the palace context: in modern terms, the social conditions (as hae soo says in the end:if only we met in other world, in another time) - and so I knew,that it was not possible to be together for ever, and i made my peace with this fact. So for me it was enough, to know in a convincing way that at least they loved each other deeply, ardently, in a sensual companionship, with no miisunderstandings, no regrets or stupid expectations. In episode  19 things look dark and bitter, and their love seems as it is strangled by stubborness and shelfishness (by both of them), But in episode 20, everything (as i see  it) is resolved. The misunderstandings are solved (some will found that are resolved when is too late-i dont think so, but this would be another post :)), WS knows now that he was loved by HS the way he deserved to be loved. And HS, though her last words to WJ were " i will forget you, I will forget all of you- even in my dreams", she does not, she cannot keep this promise to herself: She remembers WS in her dreams, she dreams of him every night and cries for him without knowing why or who he is. So, the regret  she seems to feel  when she thinks in her exodus from the palace " if only i had not met you etcetc", this regret becomes null and void by her palplable longing for him in her dreams. Shortly, even if she has to feel the pain of absence, to feel the longing, her body chose to dream of him, to remember him, her body does not regret having met him. 

So, I think you can enjoy the two last episodes. (I took my day off, to rewatch them again and again :)

• Like 14

6 minutes ago, tinniet said:

I assumed So thought that it was Jung's baby with Soo, that's why you can see how So's lips corner jerked upward a bit upon hearing about that baby. He had to think that Soo had betrayed him. Then when he eavesdropped their night's convo, he only heard the part where Jung asked Soo about his body (damn So, what were you doing all that time? a good walk around neighborhood?) and ofc that damn candle chose to go off exactly that moment LOL

Then he should have expected Jung have one.  But he was surprised to know he had a daughter older than he expect.  His reaction says otherwise.

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, bluesunny3 said:

Lol! Me too!!!!

I had clinicals yesterday and my supervisor asked me if I was okay. Usually, I'm smiling but I was just so sad and lost in thought......because of a drama! Lol!

Well, right after I watched re-run finale, my neighbour shows up to discuss some sort of comunity event. I just finish crying so my eyes still red and puffy. She probably endup thinking I had a fight with my husband so I cry. Embarassing :rolleyes:.

No, this is because I watched this drama that destroy every single happiness I have. That is why I cry. 

• Like 17

4 minutes ago, antiherofans said:

Well, right after I watched re-run finale, my neighbour shows up to discuss some sort of comunity event. I just finish crying so my eyes still red and puffy. She probably endup thinking I had a fight with my husband so I cry. Embarassing :rolleyes:.

No, this is because I watched this drama that destroy every single happiness I have. That is why I cry. 

Burning the midnight oil at the office while checking this forum every other minute. Reading all the comments here makes me feel so much better, everyone here are my comrade. Even the news of my best friend gave birth this morning can only lift my mood temporarily. What have you done show?

• Like 11