[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

@zi4r i agree with your post completely. The writer failed to execute whatever perfect plot she had in her mind into the drama and into the script. If a different writer who was more experienced was used with same plot and sub plot but directed differently it could truly have been a master piece. The only reason i still consider a good kdrama is because LJG was able to bring life into wang so which is why i always sympathised with him and felt his pain rather than hae soo.

• Like 8

After re watching ep20, I am now confused whether WS really knows the girl is his daughter?

He had witnessed Jung telling HS to take care of her body for her baby's sake. I think at that time he was thinking HS was carrying Jung's child. So why was he surprised at Jung having a child of that age? Or because he had heard that the baby was supposed to be dead on birth?

• Like 6

1 hour ago, shiraru said:

Agree with you, especially the highlighted part. Sageuks shouldn't be less than 25-ish in my opinion, since the plots are usually heavy on palace politics, which most of viewers might not be familiar with. Moonlight Drawn by Clouds (MDBC) was only 18 episodes, and even with the rave reviews and high ratings, I still feel that the story could be fleshed out better. To add more, MDBC's story and atmosphere were 'lighter' compared to Moon Lovers, so that's more reason for sageuks dramas to not have episodes under 25. And same as you, I still love Moon Lovers as a whole, despite the glaring flaws and controversies. Maybe because the characterization of the leads are so strong at the beginning, it got me hooked immediately, especially Wang So, that's why I come to love this beautiful and lovely mess, hahahaa... :D

Actually i doubt kbs, did they planned to compete with Moon Lovers by planning a new drama with the same period drama, almost same name Moon Lovers / Love in Moonlight, put them in the same time slot and airing earlier and using Park Bogum and Kim Yoojung popularity. If this is true, well kbs is just so MEAN.

• Like 8

41 minutes ago, dramu51ch0c10ve said:

(Pardon the foul language.I can't cancel that)

2 different accounts tweeted about this.Seems to be from Chinese website?Questions in my head now:

1.Is this website official?

2.What is this 'special episode'?A BTS or Deleted Scenes or Summary?

3.Is there really just 1 special episode?And if so,exactly what time and when is it aired?

4.THE ULTIMATE QN:What does LJK's 'soon' mean?

RETWEET: WHAT DOES LJK SOON MEAN???????

• Like 12

1 hour ago, hobeverly1212 said:

YEah exactly! ONE TV doesnt indictae any special ep on 7th Nov Monday. It;s just showing the repeats of the last 2 eps twice in the same day!
anyway to get confirmation from SBS or something? 

and if there are special eps, would there be like 2 versions again lol?

I should just drown myself in that bath house. it's empty now anyway. no more pretty princes.

The screencap seems to be from a different site, not onetvasia. maybe from a chinese web. since i cant read chinese, here i am waiting for those who can read chinese to confirm it.

If it turns out to be a hoax, i will drown that person who started the hoax instead.

• Like 7

checked ONE TV schedule site thats why I mentioned there's no special ep on 6th or 7th Nov adn they are just showing the repeats again on sunday.......

1 minute ago, atgirlina said:

I should just drown myself in that bath house. it's empty now anyway. no more pretty princes.

The screencap seems to be from a different site, not onetvasia. maybe from a chinese web. since i cant read chinese, here i am waiting for those wjo can read chinese to confirm it.

If it turns out to be a hoax, i will drown that person who started the hoax instead.

• Like 8

14 minutes ago, Ainee Etp said:

After re watching ep20, I am now confused whether WS really knows the girl is his daughter?

He had witnessed Jung telling HS to take care of her body for her baby's sake. I think at that time he was thinking HS was carrying Jung's child. So why was he surprised at Jung having a child of that age? Or because he had heard that the baby was supposed to be dead on birth?

Yeah Jung told the midwife to tell everyone the baby was stillborn. But several very good clues indicate So's realization that the girl is his:

1. Soo's letter is a declaration that she will never ever have any other man's child

2. Jung kept referring to the child as "your child" "Hae Soo's child" and not "our child".

3. Jung remarried and the child couldn't have been from his recent marriage. So probably calculated the child's age in his mind and slowly realized that the child's conception was around the time when they were still together.

4. Hair pin

5. Jung's body language. He isn't as cunning as his older brothers. His face says it all and So, being the now wise king, knows it.

6. Idk man he probably saw his likeness in the child I mean he A HAWT DADDY 

• Like 23

5 minutes ago, hobeverly1212 said:

checked ONE TV schedule site thats why I mentioned there's no special ep on 6th or 7th Nov adn they are just showing the repeats again on sunday.......

I know, i checked them too, one tv is not airing special.

but the special ep news did not originate from onetvasia. the schedule was from a chinese tv site. indicating a special ep to air on the 7th. ep 21 (special ep).

But like i said, i cant read chinese so not sure if it's real or just a hoax

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, dramu51ch0c10ve said:

Lolyoyo20.gif Someone made a rom-com trailer out of SoSoo scenes.When I watch this,I forgot that SoSoo's story was actually tragic:wub:Anyone knows what this video is saying?BTW,if LJK and IU star in a rom-com movie as leads,I will definitely watch it:lol:

OMG, somebody please help with the subtitle. This is amazing wahahhaha :w00t:

Can we start a petition for LJG to do rom-com and send it to him?

I am dying here :sweatingbullets:

• Like 11

5 minutes ago, Silvermaine said:

Yeah Jung told the midwife to tell everyone the baby was stillborn. But several very good clues indicate So's realization that the girl is his:

1. Soo's letter is a declaration that she will never ever have any other man's child

2. Jung kept referring to the child as "your child" "Hae Soo's child" and not "our child".

3. Jung remarried and the child couldn't have been from his recent marriage. So probably calculated the child's age in his mind and slowly realized that the child's conception was around the time when they were still together.

4. Hair pin

5. Jung's body language. He isn't as cunning as his older brothers. His face says it all and So, being the now wise king, knows it.

6. Idk man he probably saw his likeness in the child I mean he A HAWT DADDY 

Thanks for the clarification.  I like point 6 particularly. If she's Jung's baby, she will have sideburn. :sweatingbullets:

I just found this in Wikipedia : "On November 2, 2016 it was announced that Lee will star in a web drama titled Six First Kisses for Lotte Duty Free alongside Lee Jong-suk, Ji Chang-wook, Park Hae-jin, Ok Taec-yeon and Kai."

• Like 11

5 hours ago, desvlo said:

It happened during the court men killing scene. Around 3:04

Ah thank you. I recognized that the facial expression were kinda the same between the premonition and the 'reality' (did it really happen anyway?) but because the background was different, I thought they were different.

Watching those scenes again, I just realized that the background of Soo's premonition during rain ceremony was misleading

Spoiler

Ribbet%20collage_2.jpg

First picture is Soo's premonition when she fell unconscious after cutting her wrist; GJ's face is still blur here and the background is the palace. Second picture is Soo's premonition during rain ceremony; GJ's face is clear and the background is the place of rain ceremony (that's why I thought these two were different scene, but they're actually same). Third picture is the zoomed version of 2nd picture. And finally 4th picture: the 'reality'. So yeah, the sum up of picture 1, 2, and 3 come alive as picture 4. Finally the last premonition came real after Soo left GJ, exactly way very similar with her premonition.

So...Soo had failed in changing history? I still feel the need to ponder further because something feels not right. Damn writer, your expectation of the audience's IQ is way too high.

• Like 11

47 minutes ago, Ainee Etp said:

For everyone who is asking about a special episode. Ok, I've gotten it from a site and after slow burning download, I had just finished watching it. If the one I watched is the exact special episode, you might get disappointed.

Hide contents

There's no alternate ending in this special episode. It's a narration of Goryeo history, how Wang Geon has 34 children and 29 wives, life of Goryeo people - and gosh... the narrator's body language feels very Ji Mong :blink:. Then we have some interview of LJG, IU and other cast during the filming and some BTS. :bawling:

i think the special ep was shown when MLSHR just started... i also already watched a month ago after finding in wiki that there were some 3  2-minute specials...

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, tinniet said:

Ah thank you. I recognized that the facial expression were kinda the same between the premonition and the 'reality' (did it really happen anyway?) but because the background was different, I thought they were different.

Watching those scenes again, I just realized that the background of Soo's premonition during rain ceremony was misleading

First picture is Soo's premonition when she fell unconscious after cutting her wrist; GJ's face is still blur here and the background is the palace. Second picture is Soo's premonition during rain ceremony; GJ's face is clear and the background is the place of rain ceremony (that's why I thought these two were different scene, but they're actually same). Third picture is the zoomed version of 2nd picture. And finally 4th picture: the 'reality'. So yeah, the sum up of picture 1, 2, and 3 come alive as picture 4. Finally the last premonition came real after Soo left GJ, exactly way very similar with her premonition.

So...Soo had failed in changing history? I still feel the need to ponder further because something feels not right. Damn writer, your expectation of the audience's IQ is way too high.

The sub shows that at the museum, the writing on the wall shows gwangjong was remembered as a good king. hae soo succeeded in her mission. Gwangjong was not a bloody king. 

But i dont understand that killing? what was that? a purge?

• Like 4