[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

3 hours ago, sweetpealover said:

I bet the Dead Bird has something to do with Yeon Hwa turning on her Brother. And soon Wook will turn on her to save his own life. But the Truth comes out sooner or later, let it be sooner for our star-crossed Lovers.

Also, I wonder what HaeSoo was planning on doing with all those copies of the poem? 

Spoiler

She'll put them in a small chest of some sort for WS to discover when he comes to 14th's manor to collect her belongings and for him to cry over :rolleyes:

My guess :P

• Like 6

Just a REALLY BELATED THING TO SAY (since we've established that IU is doing fine as HS)

But I realized a really good contender for the part of HS could've been Suzy, if it weren't for Uncontrollably Fond filming. If she took the part of HS instead of signing up for UF, maybe ratings and netizens' reactions would've been better for the show since they know Suzy is a pretty good actress and she did a saeguk drama before....

I still like IU as HS but for ratings wise......I wonder what would've happened if it was her instead...

Hai guyyyyy,,,,

I know, I'm soooo late for joining the party...

I'm so busy coz of my work, but I always watch moon lovers

I really love iu and junki's chemistry...just hope a happy ending for them

Anyway I'm so happy for the rating, but I heard it's second place, because the kbs drama got the first...still happy though

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, ldwon4 said:

Just a REALLY BELATED THING TO SAY (since we've established that IU is doing fine as HS)

But I realized a really good contender for the part of HS could've been Suzy, if it weren't for Uncontrollably Fond filming. If she took the part of HS instead of signing up for UF, maybe ratings and netizens' reactions would've been better for the show since they know Suzy is a pretty good actress and she did a saeguk drama before....

I still like IU as HS but for ratings wise......I wonder what would've happened if it was her instead...

I think maybe MLSHR's rating may be a bit better but you have to remember that Suzy was acting with Kim Woo Bin who is well-loved in Korea too and UF did not get that high ratings (maybe better than MLSHR since it's constant). But I don't think the acting was the problem. It's just the past scandals and editing problems, storytelling that affect the rating. Plus even if Suzy was the main lead acting, this drama would be battling against Moonlight Drawn by Clouds again. So I don't think it'll make a difference.

Other than that, I think in my opinion the casting is fine. I prefer IU as Hae Soo more than Suzy (I'm not a Suzy hater). A lot of people already said it but the flaws of MLSHR just make it even more entertaining to watch since we're dissecting every little detail and information from the story.

• Like 11

I am a silent reader on this thread and I don't usually provide any comments but because of MLSHR, I have registered in order to provide my insight on this series that I love and hate at the same time.  I never watched the CBBJX  although I have read the book but I watched MLSHR because of IU and I did fell in love with how they interpreted the story from the book.  They have made a story with character driven plot wherein characters are written as flawed and their feelings & behaviours are open for interpretations.  You can't either love or hate them completely.  And I guess that is the magic of this series, as it is not black and white and I think that is also the reason why this has not become popular on its native country than its other previous competitor because Koreans love their hero/heroines as one dimensional character, either as a Mary Sue who is love and loyal to only one man or a rude bad guy with a heart .  Neither of the two is Haesoo and So.  

Haesoo - Written as a Mary Sue (kind, spunky) but with such flaws such as having some trust issues with the supposed hero and have to fall in love first with the second lead (which is so different from what the viewers are used to).  Viewers want to know from the start that the hero & heroine love each other and nothing or no other forces can topple their love.  I saw a lot of rants especially from previous episodes condemning Soo on her behaviour and her choice not to trust So.  But us viewers should understand that she is written as such so she behaves as such.  I applaud the writer's gamble to give us this kind of character when in fact, she can make her a straight up Mary Sue through and through but no, she need to be written in such a flawed character that we can all identify with.  I don't think loving someone means trusting someone whole heartedly.  There is no such person that exists in this world as such considering if you already have a biased view on that person (in this case, Soo knowing from history that Gwangjong will be a ruthless person).  Thus, Soo is not out of character when she did not tell So about Eun and SD's whereabouts irregardless of her love for him.  But for those complaining that Soo does not love So this much and theirs is not an epic love story just because Soo doubted So and she only reciprocated his love when WW turns his back on her and it had taken such a long time or because he is just her second choice after WW, who is her 1st love, bear in mind that a great love does not mean your first love.  It should be someone who had affected you greatly in your life that you either can't forget even when you die or even when you are happy with someone.  Just because Soo fall in love first with WW, does it mean she does not love So? How double standards we view women are. People are also complaining that Soo and Wook love story has been extended too much thus not providing development for the OTP's love story.  This I also feel the same but I blame the editing here, if they intend to have a 20 episodes only, then they should have balanced WW-Soo & So-Soo developments.  I still believe this series should be more than 20 episodes in order the characters motivation and to tell a coherent story considering each characters has a story they want to tell.  Overall, without the editing issue, I applaud how Haesoo's character was written and I don't blame her on her choices as a woman, whom to trust and whom to love (even her love for Chaeryung as a friend, yes, she was betrayed but she was her friend and HS does not abandon people that she loves and she may actually understand her, since CY is just like all other women blinded by love who become stupid thinking that eventually, the person they love will adore them if they become puppets).  Thus, if by episode 19, if HS did choose to leave the man she greatly loves because she was just tired and felt he will never change at all and she needed to preserve her last bit of sanity, then, I will applaud her.  I will not say she abandoned him or did not trust that he will change, she did trust that he will not.  In ep.17, she did told him not to kill his brothers but he had made his own choices in the end and I will not belittle her if she leave the palace, it is not because she does not love him anymore - it is called self-preservation.  With these, I strongly disagree comments bashing her as a helpless bystander because she was never one.  Since ep.1, she actively made her choices, even if it's morally wrong (ie. having a crush with WW even when he is married) or convulsively incoherent (ie. staying loyal to WW until ep.13) or just plain stupid for us to understand.  She is who she is, whether we love her or not.  And that is why I love HS character, she apologize when needed, she admits her mistake and she continue to hope to change So from what we know him in history.  My two cents for the ending is that yes, she will die, it is inevitable since this is a BBJX adaptation, just like in the novel, he will only knew about her death and will really regret it in the end. However, because of her, he will change, he will become a king that will not only remembered for his reign of terror but for his reforms and I believe she had influenced him on that.  I wouldn't mind the theory of her being transported back to the 21st century and meeting WS there.  But if not, hopefully, they can create a better ending than her only dying, since they have taken creative license in history anyway.  Next time I will write for Wang So's characterisation and how I percieved him.  Fighting MLSHR.

• Like 24

Can anyone explain whether or not the Hae family can reclaim Hae Soo?

Obviously, the Hae family was very powerful. Powerful enough for King Taejo to consider marriage...Why couldn't So release Soo, have the Hae clan claim her as a part of the family again, then just marry her?  Her scar didn't seem like an issue...only her lack of family connections? (Am I right?) I'm sure the Hae's would be more than happy to oblige.

I remember the Hae's were working with Khitan, but were they ever charged with treason? Is her family still in good standing? I need answers!

• Like 5

5 hours ago, chi13lou said:

Maybe we will be happy that we didn't live during the Goryeo period? Perhaps the healing part is there is no more death because everyone is dead?LOL

I think he's delusional after spending to much time in Goryeo. :lol:

Touching and happiness, LOL :phew:

I should stop here

• Like 3

1 hour ago, krysyuy said:

I'm trying to figure out what scene Episode 19 will end on. I think it might be Hae Soo leaving the palace, but honestly, I want that to happen earlier, like at the 45-min mark. (I would've wanted the 30min mark, but that's way too fast for all the stuff they have to cram in before she leaves.) It's just - the faster we get to her leaving, etc, the more time there will be in Episode 20 for modern stuff lol. I'm totally getting my hopes up for no reason, I know. >.>;;

If Soo does indeed leave earlier in Ep19, I think the episode could end on her writing that letter to So and then collapsing in Jung's arms or something... Then she'll pass away at the beginning of Ep20... I don't know! Ugh, this is going to be one long week.

Yes you read my thoughts I want her to leave So in ep 19 then die just in the beginning of ep 20 so that she can go to the future and perhaps we can get a bit of happyness in the future who knows right one can only wish

• Like 11

7 minutes ago, bluesunny3 said:

Can anyone explain whether or not the Hae family can reclaim Hae Soo?

Obviously, the Hae family was very powerful. Powerful enough for King Taejo to consider marriage...Why couldn't So release Soo, have the Hae clan claim her as a part of the family again, then just marry her?  Her scar didn't seem like an issue...only her family connections? (Am I right?) I'm sure the Hae's would be more than happy to oblige.

I remember the Hae's were working with Khitan, but were they ever charged with treason? Is her family still in good standing? I need answers!

What I think is that King Taejo rejected her after the scar appeared so their name is ruin and then Hae was brought in to be court lady and later demoted to be a laundry maid which is not good for the clan so their name is ruin.

• Like 7

18 minutes ago, Siracusa said:

Even though it reached number one, is 9.8% a respectable number? MDBC got 20% in its peak. Is 20% a crazy outlier?

Yeah, unfortunately they are not doing well with the ratings compared to MDBC. Personally, I watched 2 episodes of MDBC and dropped it. I couldn't get into it.. there are a lot of international fans into Scarlet Heart unlike the Koreans. I don't know what it is but I don't understand the hype around Park Bo Gum. But maybe it is me.. 

Furthermore the acting in Scarlet is really good so I don't really know what is "unappealing" about the drama to the Korean audience.

Overall I love the drama (I just don;t know what the hell happened to Wang So today). We can't do anything about the ratings, 20% instead of 10% would have been great but thats how it is! Anyways, they did their best :)

• Like 21

8 hours ago, MikaylaP said:

What did I just watch? What the hell just happened? I've been watching this show for so long and this is what's gonna happen?

I'm done. I'm throwing my laptop out of the window. I'm so angry x_x

Yeah that is the curriculum of kdramas [makes you angry] that's why I don't see much kdramas now but for the excellent actor LeeJunKi is I have to endure two more episode so that my torture finish.

• Like 12

Finally freaking double digit when we only have 2 EPISODES left.

The only good thing from eps 18.

My expectation of happy ending has decreased to the level that the best ending I can expect is Soo dying in So's arm. Even I'm not sure about that.

• Like 13