[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

@Ally Yes... Is more like the team was testing photos for the cover, comparing them next to each other in a wall before deciding. :) They have already decided the cover so I dont think we will see this photo on inner pages. 

@Tang Soon I agree...Ruoxi was the catalyst.

Yoon Sun Woo talks about Lee Joong Gi ;)

• seven4970He says JG has great leadership ...JG takes care of every crew and actors who have minor roles.

* Found on the IG comment section

• Like 7

@Tang Soon @Nymeria289 You're both correct. Towards the end of BBJX, Ruoxi was devastated to learn that her warning to 8th prince set off the chain of events that occurred. That said, when she returned to her own time, she found no evidence that history had changed whatsoever, and started questioning whether her time spent with the princes had happened at all. This caused her even more heartache.

Spoiler

In the final scene of BBJX, she did discover a picture of the princes and a tea maiden who bore a resemblance to herself which gave her some measure of peace that she had indeed been a part of their lives. When faced with the man that 4th prince had become in her present time, her prior decision to say goodbye and end things with him rather than be separated by death came swiftly back to her. I think her final conclusion was that their love is what would keep them bound together, thus she should have loved the same way she lived, without hesitation nor regret. 

I'm worried that the clarification might be considered a spoiler,so am including it in a spoiler box even though we're not sure if the K-version will contain something similar. 

• Like 5

This version of time travel is fulfilling the prophecy or history so that it is aligns back to the way it should be, unlike Back To The Future where whatever Marty did changed the future.  I think there is different schools of thought on this mind-boggling time travel theory, which I believed will not be explored in the series.

Rewatched BBJX, yes I bought the Original DVD some time back and liked it especially the earlier arc Ruoxi is in 8th Prince Mansion and her interaction with other princes.  Ruoxi is aware the outcome and did try to stay away from 4th Prince and be neutral good.  She even tried to convince 8th Prince it is either her or the power he seeks, to deter the outcome event.  The best part of the story is we know what will happens, we know but it is inevitable that the outcome will still be the same.  It is the journey and not the destination that we should appreciate.

• Like 6

@Ally Thanks so very much, chingu!! Where did you find this? I don't see it in Cosmopolitan Korea's Instagram thread. I'm not complaining though. Just so thankful for something new to spazz over. I like how uri IU's hands are clasped over JoonGi's. If we can get little surprises like this a few times each week, I think I can make it to August 29th. :tears:

Haha! Never mind. Just found the picture posted on Twitter. I think the editors definitely made the right selections. Would still really enjoy seeing what the other options were.^_^

• Like 6

@Tang Soon Agree. I don't think the time travel aspect will be addressed in the same depth as the original, especially since there are only 20 episodes. It will still be interesting to see how it's incorporated into the story line. From some of Hae Soo's dialogue in the trailer, it does seem like her character, like Ruoxi's, is definitely considering the impact of her actions.

• Like 6

@meahri66 - weird consider The Flower in Prison is 50-episodes arc while SHR is only 20-episodes.  

From original BBJX is 35-episodes arc with runtime of 45 mins and compare to SHR is 20-episodes 1 hour arc.  Difference of 6-hours mark if to do comparison of storywise.  But then, K-Drama is normally quick off the mark compare to the C-Drama.  Hope this will translate into a proper and fun journey.

• Like 7

@Tang Soon I have a feeling that the strength of the adapted screenplay plus their plans for a subsequent feature length film played a big factor in their decision regarding the length of the drama and the number of episodes. The cinematographer with the approval of everyone on the production side spent considerable money on specific, high-end cameras and high-quality medium for the shooting. This, plus all the commentary so far from the cast, crew and the subbing team seem to indicate the drama will be successful, but at the end of the day, it will still be in the hands of the audience.

I have a lot of faith in all the hard work that was expended, but still can't help feeling extremely worried. The quality of the end product doesn't always guarantee success, but I guess this is what entertainment, and life for that matter is all about. Taking that journey with all those stakeholders -- the writer, director, cast and crew -- and seeing where it takes us.  OMG. I hope it takes all of us to a really good place!!!  :tears:

• Like 9

@meahri66I am also worried... :( I think it will be well received in China, but I am not sure in Korea. :huh: 

Korean audience haven't seen any preview or teaser yet. 

EDIT: We don't gain anything by worrying. After all we don't count in ratings. :lol:  I will switch my mode to positive again. 

• Like 9

Love these extra shots...especially the one where IU is in between Joongi and Haneul.

Spoiler

Like the one where she's sitting with Haneul on the couch. Can't help noticing the position of uri IU's elbow.  :sweatingbullets: From a pure comfort level perspective (am totally being serious here) this should have been very uncomfortable for him.

There's no question. All the princes are smoking hot in these shots. :rolleyes:

• Like 6

OMGGGGGG!!!! DEADDD!!! I dont know where to look at anymore!! We are not worthy of all this prettyness!!!!:bawling: 

Kang Ha Neul you are SOOO sexyy!!!! I can't!!! The hair!!! :heart:  :bawling: *tears of JOY!!!! 

Now that I've calmed down... My pretty IU you are a doll... Literally a doll!!! The picture of IU and Kang Ha Neul on the sofa is the best so far. Oh JISOOO!!! You are so perfect!!! Nam too!! Joon Gi Too!! And youuu!! and alsooo youu...and the other onee!!! and the next to him!!! Give me a break!!:bawling:

I LIEEEED!! I am not calm!!!!! :flushed:   *tears of JOY again!!!! :bawling:

Anyways...dont you think we needed one more photo of IU and Lee Joong Gi alone? 

• Like 9

@Gabi Bros LOL. I have to agree with you. I think the IU/Kang Ha Neul picture on the couch is probably the best if we're strictly looking at sizzle/chemistry factor. OMG...the look in Ha Neul's eyes could melt snow.  :blush:

@Go Seung Ji  Thanks soooooooooooooo very much for gifting the thread with these amazing pictures!!

• Like 6

Chingu, I'm so sad to be spazzing here alone...by myself.  Excitement can easily multiply when there's more than one person...but I'm fine. Really. There's a LOT to look at here that will definitely keep my mind off the fact that I'm by myself on our thread.

I think my face is frozen. :w00t:

• Like 5

2 hours ago, meahri66 said:

Chingu, I'm so sad to be spazzing here alone...by myself.  Excitement can easily multiply when there's more than one person...but I'm fine. Really. There's a LOT to look at here that will definitely keep my mind off the fact that I'm by myself on our thread.

don't worry after doctors drama ended, we will spazzing here together. everyone addicted with DOCTORS drama. 

• Like 7

At first, I was nervous if this could be another Scholar Who Walks At Night (my worst drama of Lee Joon gi). I underestimated his costars, except for Ha Neul. But when I saw the teaser-trailer...WOW.. SPEECHLESS. I ate my words after that. Just the trailer, not minding how the others will portray their characters, makes me feel like I am IN for this drama. I don't know if how many times did I repeat their teaser trailer...like seriously, I CAN'T FREAKING WAIT!!

BY the way, I am watching the original version now (and the movie) and I can see the changes even from the characters, again, can't wait to see those changes. We know how brilliant these Korean screenwriters and directors play, so that's it.

By the way, their Cosmopolitan photoshoot is so smoking hot!! I cannot explain my feelings... just jaw drops. 

I mean look at that.. Lee Joon Ki, Lee Ji Eun, Kang Ha Neul, Ji Soo, Hong Jong Hyun and the rest.. whoaa... then I ended up with buying a copy of it. Saving for the eyes!! 

KANG HA NEUL looks freaking hot in his hair, and I love his solo photo with Lee Ji Eun. Perfect pair!(already having my Second Lead Syndrome)

No comment so much for Lee Joon Ki since he is always handsome in my eyes.

Will be visiting here from time to time for sharing of thoughts especially if this drama would start conquering the Korean wave. 

• Like 7

4 hours ago, meahri66 said:

Don't worry, @meahri66. Judging from the (hilarious) comments on dramabeans, you're definitely not alone! My guess is... 1 week before the airing date, this forum will be crowded in no time :w00t: 

Ryeo7.jpg

Out of all the photos, this has become my favorite.. Too much feels already and we're still 40 days away from the airing date.. I feel like i'm about to explode :w00t: I wonder when will SBS air the teaser. I hope it's a different version compared to what they've aired in China. Gimme more!!!

• Like 8