[Drama 2016] Uncontrollably Fond 함부로 애틋하게

aureolina

• Replies 13k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest adikkeluangman

Kim Woo Bin and Suzy’s New Drama’s Broadcasting Rights Sold at Record Price

Kim Woo Bin and Suzy have proven their popularity through the sale of their new drama’s broadcasting rights.

“Uncontrollably Fond” (tentative title), starring the two, has been sold to a Chinese video company at the highest rate ever.

74342539.2_99_20151023104707.jpg?type=w5

Previously, the highest price a drama was sold at was $200,000 per episode for Kim Soo Hyun’s “Producer.” “Uncontrollably Fond,” however, has been sold at an even higher rate than this in a recent contract.

“Though we cannot reveal the approximate price, this drama has been traded over to China with shocking deals, compared to dramas in the past,” a media insider said. “This is a result of Kim Woo Bin’s popularity.”

It is especially noteworthy that the only information released about the drama thus far is that it is a love story between a top star and a documentary film producer, and it will be released early next year. Their popularity alone is enough to fuel attention towards the drama.

Furthermore, it is significant that the drama has been sold at such a high price when the average prices of exported dramas has dropped due to China’s foreign film censorship program, which has been installed to protect Chinese films. Experts hope “Uncontrollably Fond” will help breathe life back into the Korean Wave market.

“Uncontrollably Fond” is the first drama Kim Woo Bin has selected since the end of “Heirs” three years ago. Suzy is the female lead, and the script is written by writer Lee Kyung Hee, most well-known for “I’m Sorry, I Love You” and “The Innocent Man.” All these factors have added together to make the drama a force to be reckoned with.

http://www.soompi.com/2015/10/23/kim-woo-bin-and-suzys-new-dramas-broadcasting-rights-sold-at-record-price/

Go get the yuan. This drama will air much later because DoTS airing date confirm to delay. At this rate, I want this drama doing pre-shooting. Not that both of them got nothing to do at this moment. KWB also decline a new movie that supposedly have same airing/filming schedule as this drama.

Can someone confirm or deny that weibo rumor that was going around in twitter about starting shooting next month? I know is SO unlikely, what with them not having a PD, nor other cast members, and of course no word of confirmation from KBS. But if anyone can understand chinese and tell us what's the word?

^

With how Korean drama industry works, month is enough to hire second leads ('cause in K-dramas most important characters only main leads, they're the primary audience attraction), they also really quickly pick PDs and start shooting shortly after. Maybe they already has one that works with production (without announcement) who knows. Right now it's still a rumor and the only one who also wrote about it it's koala (koalasplayground).

Im Joo-hwan up to rival Kim Woo-bin in Lightly, Ardently

by javabeans | October 27, 2015 | 26 Comments

imjoohwan_88.jpg

Im Joo-hwan (Oh My Ghostess) may have tapped into his darker side in his last drama, but he’s looking to return to his nicer boy-next-door side for his (potential) next project, KBS’s Lightly, Ardently, alongside previously cast Kim Woo-bin (Heirs) and Suzy (Gu Family Book). Current reports are that he received the offer and is positively considering it, with all the usual caveats.

It looks like Lightly, Ardently is all about opposites and contrasts, starting with the title, which is meant to be contradictory. Then you have Kim Woo-bin playing a “super-lofty” Hallyu megastar, while Suzy is a “super-low” and obsequious documentary PD. They were separated in a heartbreaking fashion as children, then meet again as adults, starting out at odds with each other and then developing into an ardent love.

Im Joo-hwan would play Kim Woo-bin’s rival, a corporate director of planning who is so perfect—he’s got the looks, brains, personality, sense, and family background—that he seems like “God’s masterpiece.” Um, not to oversell it or anything. He’ll be a gentle, sweet, warm character who ought to provide a sharp contrast to the hero’s hauteur.

The drama comes from writer Lee Kyung-hee, who’s a practiced hand at romance melodramas (I’m Sorry, I Love YouA Love to Kill). I’d call her recent dramas more along the lines of light melodrama, though, in that they incorporate emotional angst and tears without being overly intense or heavy, which, between you and me, is how I prefer it (see: Thank You, Will It Snow For Christmas, Nice Guy). Just to give you a sense of what we might expect.

Lightly, Ardently intends to be half-pre-produced and will air in the first half of 2016.

Via TV Report

cr. dramabeans

We finally know who's the second lead ^_^

Guest ororomunroe

Casting: Im Joo Hwan in 'Lightly, Ardently'

88.jpg

Ilgan Sports - Naver: [Exclusive] Im Joo Hwan cast in 'Lightly, Ardently' as Kim Woo Bin's rival

1. [+471, -34] I'm so excited for this drama ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ

2. [+471, -30] Officer Choi!!! Kim Woo Bin, Suzy and then Im Joo Wan ㅜㅜㅜ Nice!!!!

3. [+363, -23] Im Joo Hwan in this drama too? I'm looking forward to it~~

4. [+340, -18] He was great in 'Oh My Ghostess' ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ This drama is a must watch

5. [+317, -24] There's no doubt that Suzy and Kim Woo Bin will have a good chemistry but Im Joo Hwan's a bit too old in comparison. I was surprised when I found out his age

6. [+78, -9] Wow nice casting. The leads have great proportions ㅋㅋ

7. [+74, -10] Feels like this drama will be daebak. The visuals are no joke  ㅠㅠ

8. [+59, -7] I liked Kim Woo Bin and Im Joo Hwan in 'The Con Artists'

Cr; kkuljaem

I want to say, that this drama sounds awesome, but with lead character being typical Bayronic hero and second lead being Mr. Nice guy we just get in our hands another k-drama cliche. I don't know, I'm so excited to see what Woo Bin and Suzy have to offer us, that i don't wanna be let down by so-so script full of cliches, since it's their first comeback in almost three years...

Guest adikkeluangman

Actor Im Joo Hwan Will Be the Rival of Kim Woo Bin in Upcoming Drama

Actor Im Joo Hwan will be playing Kim Woo Bin‘s rival in the upcoming drama “Uncontrollably Fond (tentative title),” also starring miss A‘s Suzy.

In the drama, Lim Joo Hwan’s character, Choi Ji Tae, is the director of headquarters of a business called KJ Group. He is like the “perfect man,” with good looks, education, personality, manners, and family, that the world could ever have. He is very gentle, sweet, caring, and kind.

htm_20151027144348645355_99_201510271454

Meanwhile, “Uncontrollably Fond” centers around two people who dated when they were young and then broke up. Later, they meet again when one is a complete superstar and the other is a producer of a documentary involving superstars.

“Uncontrollably Fond” will start filming next month once it wraps up all casting calls.

http://www.soompi.com/2015/10/27/actor-im-joo-hwan-will-be-the-rival-of-kim-woo-bin-in-upcoming-drama/

I read the Koala blogpost regard in this drama. I agree with some comments that maybe it just a media play by SidusHQ to hype KWB. Because it should be a figure how many amount that they sold to China. SidusHQ had done few times actually on KWB although it just not as bad as what FNC did for Seolhyun. Well, this is his first drama lead and both of him and Suzy have same popularity in China and more or less in Korea.

If they start to shoot next month, maybe they will start with the childhood scenes first. Production are doing preparation for drama shooting since few days until early of Nov. Suzy movie will be premiere end of November and she probably will do all the promo routine since she is the lead. Fans also want to see her doing promo since this is her latest movie.

On 28 октября 2015 г. at 10:49 AM, adikkeluangman said:

I read the Koala blogpost regard in this drama. I agree with some comments that maybe it just a media play by SidusHQ to hype KWB. Because it should be a figure how many amount that they sold to China. SidusHQ had done few times actually on KWB although it just not as bad as what FNC did for Seolhyun. Well, this is his first drama lead and both of him and Suzy have same popularity in China and more or less in Korea.

If they start to shoot next month, maybe they will start with the childhood scenes first. Production are doing preparation for drama shooting since few days until early of Nov. Suzy movie will be premiere end of November and she probably will do all the promo routine since she is the lead. Fans also want to see her doing promo since this is her latest movie.

It's a clear mediaplay. Yet, can i really blame SidusHQ? No. I remember a time, when JYP excessively mediaplayed Suzy when she walked out form successful Dream High and moved to another successful project Introducing Architecture 101. Now, you can hardly doubt her position. Same with Seolhyun, i didn't even knew her name, until FNC started mediaplay her. It works. Not only with this two girls. But also, with YG groups, SNSD, some actors and actresses. You need exposure and a value to your name. After all SidusHQ have a products that they wanna sell us and (for) today Woo Bin one of their biggest cash cows. Even if I deeply hate this company and prefer them to not mediaplay like that, for me it's better them to do so instead of neglecting Woo Bin. 

I want to say, that this drama sounds awesome, but with lead character being typical Bayronic hero and second lead being Mr. Nice guy we just get in our hands another k-drama cliche. I don't know, I'm so excited to see what Woo Bin and Suzy have to offer us, that i don't wanna be let down by so-so script full of cliches, since it's their first comeback in almost three years...

Me too T_T It does seem like it's the usual story but I also want to trust what the writer has to offer us~ Since she wrote 'Nice Guy', and so far, it is one of the best drama's that I have watched. And hopefully, we'll get more information about the drama soon~

It's a clear mediaplay. Yet, can i really blame SidusHQ? No. I remember a time, when JYP excessively mediaplayed Suzy when she walked out form successful Dream High and moved to another successful project Introducing Architecture 101. Now, you can hardly doubt her position. Same with Seolhyun, i didn't even knew her name, until FNC started mediaplay her. It works. Not only with this two girls. But also, with YG groups, SNSD, some actors and actresses. You need exposure and a value to your name. After all SidusHQ have a products that they wanna sell and as for today Woo Bin one of their biggest cash cows. Even if I deeply hate this company and prefer them to not mediaplay like that, for me it's better them to do so instead of neglect Woo Bin. 

This. It's like k-pop and k-drama fans clutch their pearls every time they hear/read mediaplay, truth is, everyone does it. From the more popular to the nugus, and from the more  "talented" to the "untalented"  ones ( I write this because I've read fans claim how X or Y is 'too talented' for that). It's not something bad, and yes, all our faves have had their agency mediaplay for them. It's just another part of their marketing. 

On another note, and to add to discussion, I don't want them to hire child actors for their young counterparts. At first I thought they were childhood friends (so the child actors would make sense) but if what that Soompi article says is accurate and they used to date, I don't see why they can't play their young selves. If they're old enough to date then they must not be that young.

Im Joo Hwan in Talks for Arbitrarily Fond and the Drama Will Premiere in China Exclusively on Youku Tudou

dsns3.jpg

Is it me, or is upcoming KBS drama Arbitrarily Fond getting a lot of media coverage? It’s not just in Korea, China is covering more on this drama than it’s same network and arguably even bigger budget and scope Descendants of the Sun. I’m equally excited about both from a screenwriter and cast stand point, but am wondering if Kim Woo Bin being the male lead of Arbitrarily Fond is the deciding factor in that drama getting more updates in the press. Two news items came out this week worth noting – the first is Arbitrarily Fond getting confirmed scooped up by China’s largest video streaming portal Tudou Youku (once two rival portals but since merged into one mega site).

The CEO of the site held a huge press conference this week to showcase upcoming dramas premiering exclusively on the site in 2016, and Arbitrarily Fond was the only K-drama touted as a big deal offering for viewers. All this before one scene has been shot? The drama better deliver on all the hype. Luckily for me, the project may have landed an additional acting talent I love to sweeten the pot – actor Im Joo Hwan is in serious talks to join as the second male lead. At least we know his height is capable of going head-to-head with Woo Bin, and hopefully Suzy will have even more impetus to come alive opposite these two two awesome leading men.

credit: http://koalasplayground.com/2015/10/30/im-joo-hwan-in-talks-for-arbitrarily-fond-and-the-drama-will-premiere-in-china-exclusively-on-youku-tudou/

P.S.  Also, SidusHQ released KWB's new schedule with something like "preparing for new drama". So, yeah, they probably going to pre-produce most of it (or all of it), to air in Korea and China at the same time (or with minimal distance).

Arbitrarily Fond Scheduled for June of 2016, KBS May Slot Another Drama After Descendants of the Sun

yu4.jpeg

There’s a new latest and maybe not so greatest news about next year 2016’s K-drama Arbitrarily Fond. I have no idea what’s going on behind the scenes but this is one slippery eel in terms of locking down a time slot. Of course when it comes to K-dramas, stuff like casting, network, and time slot are all subject to constant change and is never finalized until the fat lady sings, so to speak, which usually means the drama airs. I’ve seen leads swapped out after filming has started, or even when the lead show up in all the drama posters but gets the boot afterwards.

Arbitrarily Fond with Kim Woo BinSuzy, and Im Joo Hwan is confirmed to air on KBS, but now the timing may get pushed back. It was originally going to follow after Descendants of the Sun on Wed-Thurs, with the 16-episode DotS airing in February after Merchant: Gaekju 2015. DotS would end at the last week of April, which places Arbitrarily Fond’s premiere at the first week of May. Now comes news that the production is placing PPL flyers listing the premiere for June 2016 with a scheduled 20-episode run. That means KBS will likely slot a different drama in between DotS and Arbitrarily Fond, and word has it KBS is putting Page Turner in the slot.

yiu1.jpg

yiu.jpg

Arbitrarily Fond is still planning to start filming this December 2015, which might make it entertaining to watch come next June when the summer heat has arrived for the audience but the drama showcases beautifully chilly weather and fashion. I don’t mind, watching stuff like Winter Sonata in muggy August was one of those memorable watch experiences.

credit: http://koalasplayground.com/2015/11/04/arbitrarily-fond-scheduled-for-june-of-2016-kbs-may-slot-another-drama-after-descendants-of-the-sun/

Guest adikkeluangman

Kim Woo Bin, Suzy, Im Joo Hwan, and Im Joo Eun Have First Meeting for New Drama

Kim Woo Bin, miss A’s Suzy, Im Joo Hwan, and Im Joo Eun have had their first meeting for their new drama, “Uncontrollably Fond” (tentative title). On November 11, a representative said, “The four actors secretly met on November 10 with some of the production crew. The meeting went well.” 

“Uncontrollably Fond” is about a couple who parted badly when they were young but meet again as an arrogant top star and a subservient documentary producer. 

htm_2015111124028428900_99_2015111107011

Lee Kyung Hee is writing the script. Her previous projects include “The Innocent Man,” “Thank You,” “A Love to Kill,” and “I’m Sorry, I Love You.” This is her first mini-series in three years. 

Kim Woo Bin plays the top star Shin Yoon Jung, who is a Hallyu actor and singer. Suzy is the documentary PD, playing a 180-degree change from her usual innocent image. Her character’s burning sense of justice easily folds in front of money, and in front of stronger characters she becomes completely subservient. 

Meanwhile, Im Joo Hwan is playing Choi Ji Tae, the department head of the Planning and Management Team at KJ Group. His character is said to be good-looking, talented, kind, and modest. Im Joo Eun’s character, Yoon Jung Eun, is in charge of the Planning Team at KJ’s affiliated group KJ Cosmetics. Her character is said to be the daughter of a politically powerful family, with her father as the head of the ruling party and the strongest candidate for the presidency. 

Filming for the drama begins next month. 

http://www.soompi.com/2015/11/10/kim-woo-bin-suzy-im-joo-hwan-and-im-joo-eun-have-first-meeting-for-new-drama/ 

KJ Group? I think I saw this name chaebol in one of the recent k-drama. So they will filming in winter and it show during spring/summer. But if it airing after DoTS and another drama, why no news about that.

Suzy and Kim Woo Bin’s New Drama to Be Completely Pre-Produced 

Suzy and Kim Woo Bin’s New Drama to Be Completely Pre-Produced

Kim Woo Bin and miss A‘s Suzy‘s highly-anticipated new drama will be fully completed before it broadcasts its first episode.

The drama “Uncontrollably Fond” (tentative title) also stars Im Joo Hwan and Im Joo Eun, and is written by Lee Kyung Hee, who wrote previous dramas such as “The Innocent Man,” “Thank You,” and “A Love to Kill.” Kim Woo Bin plays Hallyu star Shin Joon Young in the drama, with Suzy taking the role of a subservient and money-loving documentary producer.

Finishing the show before it airs is a rare move on behalf of the drama’s producers, as drama episodes are usually completed while the show is on the air so that their creators can take viewers’ responses into account when making decisions about story lines.

“Uncontrollably Fond” is slated to start filming next month, and will air on KBSin 2016.

Do you think this is a good move by the producers of this drama?

credit: http://www.soompi.com/2015/11/17/suzy-and-kim-woo-bins-new-drama-to-be-completely-pre-produced/

Article: Kim Woo Bin and Suzy's drama to 100% be produced pre-broadcast

Source: X Sports News via Nate

1. [+535, -34] This is how it should be, it's less stressful for the staff and the cast. They're already busy as it is, it'd be impossible to expect a live schedule out of them. I'm also not fond of scriptwriters changing the plot mid-drama just because a few viewers start to complain.

2. [+377, -75] One of the dramas I'm most looking forward to next year. I like the scriptwriter, director, and cast...

3. [+325, -70] I'm looking forward to Kim Woo Bin and Suzy's chemistry. Will be watching for sure!!!

4. [+33, -8] Sounds like a great melodrama in the works with Suzy, Kim Woo Bin, and scriptwriter Lee Kyung Hee.

5. [+31, -10] This is good. Let them sleep for once. The cast is too busy memorizing scripts that came out the day of instead of taking breaks while on set. Staff also have to set everything up and take everything down all day and night. It's unfair labor!

6. [+27, -5] Looks like KBS is really sharpening their knives for next year after failing miserably in 2015... Looking forward to their two dramas next year.

7. [+27, -11] I'm in favor of dramas being pre-produced, lessens the chance of scriptwriters changing their minds about the plots and less PPL too ㅋ

8. [+25, -7] KBS really did have a bad year this year with their dramas so I hope they get some daebaks next year! Looking forward to this and 'Descendant of the Sun'!

credit: http://netizenbuzz.blogspot.com/2015/11/kim-woo-bin-and-suzys-drama-to-100-be.html

Archived