[Drama 2015] The Village: Achiara's Secret 마을- 아치아라의 비밀

larus

Hi everyone. I rewatched episode 15 as the one that I watched on dramacool stopped at Ji sok and assemblyman's convo. So i found another site that has the complete segment (thank you gooddrama). Than I realize Ji sok knows about Chairman Noh. How did she find put about their deal? Hye Jin or her sister JH? And basically Agasshi is a serial killer. Who knows he could have killed before and choose to hide in Achiara and used cross dressing as a disguise. he does have a criminal record before as his record came up on the police data base. Even the rapist Nam feared him enough to try to kill him. He did say he wanted to kill rapist nam as revenge but stopped because of his daughter who was young. He did not want her to go through what he and hye jin had to go through. Oh and the rapist Nam is quite well versed in the law. He knew the legal stature of limitations for his crime has passed and they can't  arrest him for it. He is not as clueless as he seems. That's why he dare to return to Achiara and open a shop, the past victims if they want to press charges can't touch him. But I was just thinking if he is in his 50's and he raped JS 32 years ago, making her 45 now. he will at most be in his early to mid 20s than. But they used the same old looking actor for that part of leading the young JS and can a guy so young own a huge lumber yard like that?!!!!  After this heavy duty drama, i enjoy the light hearted and hilarious Oh My Venus.

P.S. This is an afterthought of an afterthought. So what is the meaning behind the walnut and who planted it. The walnuts are they found on the victim or ahem..in the victims. Cos if they are in the victims than agasshi is a much deranged monster than the rapist Nam.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Village: Thematic messages, casting, and comic sidebars

by javabeans | December 6, 2015 | 1 Comment

village_54.jpg

SBS’s mystery-thriller Village: Secret of Achiara wrapped this past week, which means we have a slew of interviews from its director and writer to read through for extra insights. The drama never got out of single-digit ratings (most episodes hovered in the 5% to 6% range), but did earn recognition as a “well-made drama” (a term that’s been appropriated to refer to an actual style of drama, rather than merely describing one that’s well-made, which refers to strong story and high production quality).

The drama’s director, PD Lee Yong-seok, promised early on that there would be a conspicuous absence of three main features: unnecessary lovelines, bad actors, and last-minute script deliveries. In fact, 12 scripts had already been completed by the time the drama started. Village wasn’t touted as a fully pre-produced drama, but that amount of preparation helped shoots proceed smoothly, without the usual frantic bustle of live-shot productions.

Read more Dramabeans

http://www.dramabeans.com/2015/12/village-thematic-messages-casting-and-comic-sidebars/ more Dramabeans

Does anyone feels there are a lot of unresolved issues in the end? I know the main mystery point revolves around Hye Jin and Ji Sook, but what about:

1) Who killed the headphone girl? We knows it happens not on a rainy day and it can't be Agasshi, since he was taken in custody inside of the police car during that time.

2) So Chairman Noh is not dead after all? What is his point of going to extremes asking Assemblyman Seo to stage his death? What is the deal going on between these two?

3) Who is the man who went to register his gun possession application? Is he a hitman hired to kill the guy at the meat processing factory, since he is wearing the same shoes? And the killer of Driver Yang?

4) The carpenter's wife is the one who hit Hye Jin on the head. Supposedly the real culprit. But there wasn't any final scenes of her being handcuffed, wearing prisoner's clothes, or having her daughter see her being taken away as some sort of a punishment.

5) Even though the statue of limitations have ended, there isn't any payback for the carpenter ahjussi? So he lives happily ever after?? What about Chairman Noh and Assemblyman Seo? I'm sure they linked with those 2 deaths(meat processing guy and driver Yang). They are actual bigger baddies than what Ji Sook is. 

6) What happens to Ji Sook's unborn child? Issit a case of pregnancy imagination, as opposed to her pregnancy denial previously? Considering Ji Sook unstable mental condition.

51 minutes ago, roneddski said:

Does anyone feels there are a lot of unresolved issues in the end? I know the main mystery point revolves around Hye Jin and Ji Sook, but what about:

1) Who killed the headphone girl? We knows it happens not on a rainy day and it can't be Agasshi, since he was taken in custody inside of the police car during that time.

2) So Chairman Noh is not dead after all? What is his point of going to extremes asking Assemblyman Seo to stage his death? What is the deal going on between these two?

3) Who is the man who went to register his gun possession application? Is he a hitman hired to kill the guy at the meat processing factory, since he is wearing the same shoes? And the killer of Driver Yang?

4) The carpenter's wife is the one who hit Hye Jin on the head. Supposedly the real culprit. But there wasn't any final scenes of her being handcuffed, wearing prisoner's clothes, or having her daughter see her being taken away as some sort of a punishment.

5) Even though the statue of limitations have ended, there isn't any payback for the carpenter ahjussi? So he lives happily ever after?? What about Chairman Noh and Assemblyman Seo? I'm sure they linked with those 2 deaths(meat processing guy and driver Yang). They are actual bigger baddies than what Ji Sook is. 

6) What happens to Ji Sook's unborn child? Issit a case of pregnancy imagination, as opposed to her pregnancy denial previously? Considering Ji Sook unstable mental condition.

2) We know for sure that Noh and Seo were behind the murders of Yang and the worker at the factory because through KHJ's death, their business was in danger to be discovered as the police was digging deeper. So when Noh realised that the cop wouldn't give up, he staged his death so that his business can still run and the tourism business can be opened. The article was fake like the one with the car accident, they used another body!

3) The man with the weird sneakers is the hitman!

5) Even if ahgassi isn't sent to prison, he is still punished. His secret has been revealed and even if he only raped women, his reputation is gone. You can imagine that people won't buy his furniture and his store will go bankrupt. Moreover, he will lose his daughter because his in-laws will cut ties with him and take care of the little girl. Finally, the girl will hear about her father's past and get so upset that she will never love him back. Just like GW, she will avoid him and deny their blood relationship. Imagine, she was his precious daughter and in the end, he has lost everything.

6) She is really pregnant, but she might lose the child due to stress and prison. However, if she gives birth, she can't keep him forever. I believe, GH will help her in that matter.

so i watched in one go - since it is a thriller i usually dont watch till all episodes are out

and i dont come to the thread so not to read spoilers and make my own impression 

i really loved it, it was really good and the music at the end is really stuck and im humming it constantly 

well made and i really enjoyed it 

If only I have the discipline to resist it like nevill....but it was so hard not to watch once I started episode 1 and even harder to wait every week for the 2 episodes to be screened and there were 2 weeks, only 1 episode was screened....highly tormenting....it's called k-drama “torture chamber”!

@baduy Thank you for all your insights and in-depth translations for the more important and tricky parts of the series. Your knowledge of the intricacies of the korean language have been a highlight of this thread.

I must say, I absolutely loved this drama. It was well-planned and well-executed. Yes, there are still loose ends running around in the village - Nam ajusshi, assemblyman Seo and chairman Noh come to mind, for instance.

5 hours ago, roneddski said:

I think the reason we don't see the real killer's fate is actually quite simple. She, as a character, is not important enough for a follow-up. She killed a person and this would mean she ends up in prison. The how and why of HJ's death has already been answered - the carpenter's wife killed her husband's rape product to keep her mouth shut because HJ was determined to make sure everyone would know ajusshi's presumably by now abandoned tendency of forcing himself on young women. So there would be no need for our main characters to visit her in the prison. There happens to be a fixed time an episode can have in length and from the story's standpoint, tying everything to do with HJ and her death together would naturally have priority over a secondary character's prison time.

4 hours ago, lovehbhjw2013 said:

If only I have the discipline to resist it like nevill....but it was so hard not to watch once I started episode 1 and even harder to wait every week for the 2 episodes to be screened and there were 2 weeks, only 1 episode was screened....highly tormenting....it's called k-drama “torture chamber”!

its hard -but i know that for me it will be much more thrilling this way

and it is such a great way to spend a cold wintery weekend 

Considering the 2015 drama, there is a strange phenomenon.
The ratings and quality are usually appear similar to a certain extent.
But in 2015 the drama is somewhat different.
Average viewership ratings low as 5%, but fun and quality were higher than other TV dramas.

When actors and screenplay, and exellent director, well-made drama is born.
But this drama are, yet the average rating is usually 5%, very superior quality.
it is also well-made drama and fresh.
This dramas are susceptible or had not seen in the past, but the director went boldly pushing the material did not try well in kdrama.

Maybe the challenge because they are not familiar with this drama may be pushed out of the channel woke competition.
comfortably enjoy the other drama, but this drama has little bones and has thorns.
But this drama will be remembered again after few year.

If you missed this drama, and if you want desire something to the drama, you are watch the drama of 5%. all the time.

The average rating is 5%, but very high quality dramas(2015)

[KBS2] I Remember You
genre : Investigation, Human drama
[KBS2] Assembly
genre : Human political drama
[JTBC] Awl
genre : Labor union, Labor disputes
[SBS]The Village: Achiara's Secret
genre : Mystery, Thriller, Investigation

http://www.entermedia.co.kr/news/news_view.html?idx=5035

• 4 months later...
Guest adikkeluangman

"Let's go to the Arch Ara" ... Moon 'village' first shooting scene

CQshD13U8AAPYe-.jpgCQshD9oUEAAGLoy.jpg
http://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=420&aid=0000002574 

-----
'village' Moon, expect a challenging first jangreumul

CQtIqI_VAAACTlq.jpg
http://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=109&aid=0003172983 

-----
The presence musaekke space thriller. Will the Queen 

CQuQMqcVEAAQ-sD.jpg
http://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=109&aid=0003173378&lfrom=twitter 

• 2 weeks later...
Guest adikkeluangman

[The Village] MGY, Suspect faces four full turns out to families.

CRRQKqnUkAEDESV.jpg
http://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=109&aid=0003178017 

-----
[The Village] MGY; Sister ensure survival. Mystery (general), which further darkens

CRSRvh4UYAAHyS_.jpg
http://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=108&aid=0002465761 

-----
Moon Moon tail, fingers trembling, even the acting that Genius

CRUVMkTVEAAqnUZ.jpg
http://m.media.daum.net/m/entertain/newsview/20151015085923679 

Archived