[Drama 2015] The Village: Achiara's Secret 마을- 아치아라의 비밀

larus

Hmmm that's true that JS didn't say they were sisters but when SY went to JH and called HJ her sister she didn't deny it either? Although of course they could have just cut that part but it doesn't seem that way. Plus from the flashback/dream that JH had JS's indifference and overall attitude just doesn't seem like she had just given birth, because I would think that if she was raped and suddenly gave birth her attitude would be a bit different from what was shown. Of course this whole theory depends on whether that scene was a hidden memory or just a phychic dream since JH probably has a bit of the psychic powers or what not that her mother was scorned for.

JH couldn't have known better. She did not witness the giving birth but arrived later. The mum and JS probably just let her assumed that the baby belongs to their mum. JS's indifference could be a denial, and was probable given how unfeeling she is, ie. killed her unborn baby girl, sent Yoona to the psychiatry ward.

My suspicion aroused because why didn't HJ ask JH for the organ transplant? Since the three of them are sisters. Unless HJ didn't know JH is her half-sister. As for this point, I'm still unsure. But I think people in the village know JH is JS's half-sister, so it is no secret. Then also there's such special bond between HJ and Yoona, due to being half-sister?

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hmmm that's true that JS didn't say they were sisters but when SY went to JH and called HJ her sister she didn't deny it either? Although of course they could have just cut that part but it doesn't seem that way. Plus from the flashback/dream that JH had JS's indifference and overall attitude just doesn't seem like she had just given birth, because I would think that if she was raped and suddenly gave birth her attitude would be a bit different from what was shown. Of course this whole theory depends on whether that scene was a hidden memory or just a phychic dream since JH probably has a bit of the psychic powers or what not that her mother was scorned for.

JH couldn't have known better. She did not witness the giving birth but arrived later. The mum and JS probably just let her assumed that the baby belongs to their mum. JS's indifference could be a denial, and was probable given how unfeeling she is, ie. killed her unborn baby girl, sent Yoona to the psychiatry ward.

My suspicion aroused because why didn't HJ ask JH for the organ transplant? Since the three of them are sisters. Unless HJ didn't know JH is her half-sister. As for this point, I'm still unsure. But I think people in the village know JH is JS's half-sister, so it is no secret. Then also there's such special bond between HJ and Yoona, due to being half-sister?

Wow good point! That's so true about the organ transplant, although at the same time there's the possibility that JS was tested to be a match so she didn't ask JH, although that's unlikely since she was desperate. And yeah, then the bond would make sense between HJ and YN. There was that part where YN had said HJ painted that morbid picture of the mother holding the baby because she believed in YN's thought of a mother killing her baby. At the time I had just figured it was because HJ understood the feeling of being abandoned herself, but if JS really is her mother than it would make a lot more sense. 

So I'm guessing, if HJ really is JS's child, that JS's indifference to others/selfishness and unwillingness to face reality started then... And if they are mother and daughter...that means CG basically had an affair with his daughter...which is gross and also a reason why I had somewhat doubted if they were related in that way.

This is probably the most convoluted kdrama relationship I've ever seen, so I applaud the writers for going outside the norm (or at least it is from what I've seen) and giving me a headache from all the plot twists.  

I had mentioned it too earlier. This is the reason why I still believe that JS is KHJ's mother. This would also explain why she was yelling to SY, she was a victim!! If she had been raped, she was indeed a victim and she saw KHJ's actions as a danger because her painful past would be revealed. Besides, based on how her sister JH was treated in her childhood because she had a different father, JS knew that people from Achiara would outcast her as well, if she had revealed it. JS' assumptions weren't wrong, we heard from GY's mother that the latter was indeed rejected by her husband. IT is pretty common to put the blame on the victim, that she had behaved properly and her clothes were too provocative. JH mentioned that JS was liked before in the opposite to her who was looked down and this could also explain why she is so determined to belong to the Seo family, a way for her to be protected.

Guest my2centsworth

@peny I really like your theory! crazy monkeyThis could be a great twist, especially when we all were wondering that two killings were different from the 6 others. Let's get more creativescroll r pink mouse Here I am adding points that could confirm your idea:

- KPS and KJH share the same name! Kang...

- Then Kang Pil Sung mentioned to KHJ that he had been abandoned by his mother! Maybe Baengi Ahjumma decided to split the twins. She would keep JH and the father would take KPS.

- Why did he come to Achiara in the first place, if he had such weird habits? He became an outcast, yet why didn't he leave the village? If he had a relative, this would explain why he wanted to stay in Achiara! He wanted to get close to his family... especially his twin sister.

- One possible explanation is when he was on jejudo, he met ahgassi and he found out through him that he had a twin sister and decided to find her. I mean, the carpenter belonged to the village and must have known Baengi ahjumma. 

- Moreover, this would reinforce the idea that JS had been his victim and not Baengi ahjumma.

- Like you mentioned, both knew that the sister was in Canada. JH had the address.

- With this theory, the crossdressing could be explained. Since he had been abandoned by his mother, he has internalised that she didn't want him because he was a boy. Dressed as a woman is a way for him to cope: if he had been a woman, his mother would have accepted him. If he is dressed like a woman, maybe he will get accepted. Yet the problem is that it had the opposite effect.

- Finally since KPS is an outcast, who would help him to give him an alibi, when he was suspected? He is alone and the carpenter doesn't like showing up at his place. A twin sister who was happy to have a brother that cared for her enough to look for her! We know, she suffered in her childhood too. She was looked down by people. These have a similar life's experience. The different MO proves that they are two murderers. scroll l pink mouse

So what do you think, Sherlock?panda 01

I am no sherlock..kekeke...

but when i checked ep.13 the profile of kang pil sung that is registered in the police databank show us.. he is 34 years old. I think JH is older. :( they are likely not twins. there is still possibility that they are sibling though. Thankss bebe sunbaenim for all the points to support my idea. Based on our assumption, there is a high chance JH and agasshi related in some waýs.

You are more creative than me... :wub:

Could of fooled me.....Sherlock !  Lol

Guest my2centsworth

Actually, this isn't confirmed. No one has confirmed that HJ is Baengi Ajumma's daughter. The viewers are led to believe that just because everyone in the show has assumed so because of the clues laid out so far. I've posted earlier that only 3 persons know the truth of who gave birth to the baby, ie. JS, Baengi Ajumma, the rapist. JS has never said HJ is her sister, she could just be following along what other people had assumed. She only refers to HJ as having blood relations. Even if she did say HJ is her sister, she could be lying. We won't know for sure until confirmation from her mother, or the rapist. Note that JS's character description only gives her estimated age, not an exact age. I'm sure that was done purposely.

But don't get me wrong, from the beginning I also had guessed that JS is HJ's mother as well and I agree the ambiguous age of JS was a big indicator. 

Well either way, they are related we just don't know how complicated it is ^^

I have been wrong several times with this drama. So I could be wrong now, but went back and watch the scene twice and it still looks like a boy to me. It look as if the umbilical cord appears to be higher up around the belly area. As far as seeing the genitalia area on infants, I have seen it before. I will put on my thinking cap on and try to remember which dramas. But recently, a couple of weeks ago a male character in the drama "Run Jang Mi" went home to visit his father and his girlfriend saw a picture of her boyfriend when an infant on the wall where it show him nude (his male parts) showing. It was a cute scene and he took it from the wall and asked his father he would have it there for everyone to see. His father relied that he was proud of his son after his wife had given him all girls. There was also a drama (long time ago and don't remember the title) where a father took his young son to bath house and it show him nude too.

Sorry for multiplies comments. Computer acting up.

Yeah, and if you pause at a certain time frame you can see that the cord from the belly area extend down between the legs. Or at least it looks that way to me.

Hidden Content

Really?! That's interesting, its just usually the drama's I've seen have censored the parts. Then again I haven't really seen that many dramas where infant genitalia are exposed so who knows. 

And now that I think about it, they would kinda have to show it or have verbal confirmation (which hasn't happened yet T_T cause they like to torture us) of the gender of the baby in order for the hint to work. 
I still think it's a girl, even though it is kinda hard to tell from the image, because it really wouldn't make any sense for it to be a boy unless they're going to introduce some other random character at this point in time which seems very unlikely. Because there aren't any male characters that are HJ's age right? 

I have to still think the infant is male. And I think it's not to change the storyline because we are approaching the end of this drama. Maybe they could not find a female or they were more comfortable showing a male. I ask  Koreans neighbor ( who only speaks english as she has been in this country almost all her life)  She told me that when you go into a sauna in Korea the men go to one part and walk around freely while nude. In the women's part they wears towels.  Last and you are probably going to laugh.....I given birth to sons and I know how their genitals look at birth. The testicles look like a golf ball....one not two....lol

Okay, enough on that subject....lol. Next esp please !

This drama is seriously giving me a headache. Then why Baengi Ahjumma mentions Yoona name in front of Soyoon? What's that supposed to mean?

It's a very good question, actually. Since YN does have the spirit sight her grandmother possesses, Baengu Ajumma might have given hinted to look to YN for answers, since she seems to see HJ's spirit frequently. It's just as possible she sensed YN meeting the rapist carpenter and spoke her name because of this, either because she was worried for the girl, knowing all too well what the man is capable of, or to indicate YN had found the monster.

I guess we'll see how it plays out. We'll probably just have to draw our conclusions for this communication later on, after something more revealing has already happened in the drama.

Could  it be :

1. Agasshi is the son of the Bengi Ahjumma. (If the infant in eps 13 is really a boy). And Baengi Ahjumma is the victim of the carpenter.

2. Years later, Jisook also gets raped by the Carpenter.

?????

Interesting thought! I mean, this could be definitely possible, since the carpenter was a serial rapist. We know for sure that he raped at least two women and I believe, it didn't stop with these two. For example, I can imagine that his actual wife could have been one of his victims, but she decided to overcome her shame by marrying the person. I know, it sounds weird, but sometimes victims can start associating themselves to the perpetrator!

Another theory:  Could HJ be wanting organ from JS because JS was born out of the same rapist father and so her fit is better than JH?  Which means Baengi Ahjumma raped by the rapist twice?  :tears:   

But that could mean JS  have the potential of having the same sickness?

I think you are fetching a little too far here. First of all, it would be highly unlikely for the same woman to be raped twice by the same culprit. From the rapist's point of view, it would rise the likelihood of being recognized, from the victim's standpoint, the carpenter ajusshi does come with two very distinctive characteristics, one of them which would rise their awareness from even a distance (the whistling and the smell of lacquer).

Also, HJ having the disease would know of the genetics of it, therefore knowing that a sister from the rapist father would be 100% certain to share the genetic disorder, which would make her unsuitable as a donor, since she, too would be at risk for kidney failure.

Could  it be :

1. Agasshi is the son of the Bengi Ahjumma. (If the infant in eps 13 is really a boy). And Baengi Ahjumma is the victim of the carpenter.

?????

Interesting thought! I mean, this could be definitely possible, since the carpenter was a serial rapist. We know for sure that he raped at least two women and I believe, it didn't stop with these two. For example, I can imagine that his actual wife could have been one of his victims, but she decided to overcome her shame by marrying the person. I know, it sounds weird, but sometimes victims can start associating themselves to the perpetrator!

And If this theory is true, then Nam ahjussi is not a human, for sure. He is the real Monster at Achiara. How dare he come back to this village?!! Se**al assault is more despicable than murder. The effects will continue for the entire of victim's life.

Could  it be :

?????

And If this theory is true, then Nam ahjussi is not a human, for sure. He is the real Monster at Achiara. How dare he come back to this village?!! Se**al assault is more despicable than murder. The effects will continue for the entire of victim's life.

Especially because it is more difficult to prove it! First, the more you wait to press charges, the more difficult it is to prove the sexual assault. The lawyer might describe the victim as a woman of low morality and she had too provocative clothes on. Or he might try to show that sex was consentual! 

Especially because it is more difficult to prove it! First, the more you wait to press charges, the more difficult it is to prove the sexual assault. The lawyer might describe the victim as a woman of low morality and she had too provocative clothes on. Or he might try to show that sex was consentual! 

Not to mention that, as seen in the drama, many victims would rather deny the rape having happened than report the perpetrator, since they find it easier to live with the knowledge of the horror than to live with the shame of everyone knowing and looking down on them for it having happened to them.

Could  it be :

?????

I just want to point out, and by no means am I saying that he should be forgiven for his crimes/avoid punishment, but I do believe that he no longer sexually assaults people anymore. Because when Ahgassi had asked him about it, he had claimed that he no longer does it. Of course just saying it proves nothing but it did seem like being married has changed him possibly. 

I would probably be more forgiving if he had confessed to his crimes, but he hasn't and is quite unwilling too...but if you think about it the whole mystery would be nonexistent if he had already confessed xD   

Finally i watched the 12th episode. "Fortunately he didn't do anything to her and no one harmed. You know at the end of 11th episode just make me think something bad gonna happened." (This is what i would say after watching episode 12). But at the end of 13th, its really the dangerous one gonna happend.  And it's only about time she would be hurt by the agassi.
What will happened to her? Ahh..have to wait for next week again.aaak.. 

Mr.Noh? I thought he would be someone behind all of this, yea maybe he's part of it, but not the mastermind right, since he had been found dead, isn't he?
Just like what i think, what can he do without his assistant.

One by one, mystery behind this family tree revealed. I just read some of the theory written by member of this forum, Although not yet known whether its true or not, and even there are people subbing it to make it more clear,  woaah...its really helping me understand And very interesting to read all those. Thank you people, and really appreciate it.

I thought the one took care Gayoung when she fainted is the Agasshi, but it was not him, i think he's also the dangerous person, the rapist? But still fortunately she's safe. And finally her mother can opened up about what happened at the past.
Gayoung and hyejin both have febry disease. So it look like kim hye jin is really the sister of Jisook and Johee. 
If the hints was true, it indicates that the rapist is the carpenter?  I remember johee said that nam-teacher father had back to village, is it the carpenter? If it was true that means, gayoung-nam teacher (he even said that ga young is his dongsaeng, if i'm not hearing wrong)- and hyejin are siblings with same father different mother.

The carpenter wife sometimes seem do not know anything but sometimes she looks suspicious too.

Guest my2centsworth

@gnixfim @peny We'll see what Young Lady will do. However, if he wants to escape, he will have to flee into the woods, since SY's car was in front of his house and car!

But to me, this walnut tree is important and it might play a part in order to catch the killer/rapist! Like the serial killer said, this tree is uncommon. Noone knew about its existence!! Someone took a cutting and planted it on that tree so that the walnut tree was different. In Germany, there is this custom to plant a tree, when you've got a child! 

I have of that custom. It a very nice one. My x-mother-in-law parents came from Germany. Some place (can't remember where), it's a custom to plant a tree when someone dies.

Maybe you can explain why the walnut tree is so important other than connecting Young Lady to it  If Young Lady is the killer, then I can understand  after all he goes around clutching walnuts while making the clicking sound. The first time we heard it was when SY was on the bus going to the village and Young Lady was on that bus too. That when the writer made his a suspicious character. As I have said before I  really hope that Young Lady is not the killer. I just think he had a terrible childhood and hates seeing people unhappy, especially young women. I believe he is a very sick man and needs professional care in a mental hospital. He is very sad and truly hope someone else is the killer.

Archived