[Drama 2015] The Village: Achiara's Secret 마을- 아치아라의 비밀

larus

Man this weeks episodes where intense!

So it's still unclear how HJ died, since Chairman Noh admitted that he in fact did not kill HJ (and I believe him, considering what he said). So now I'm thinking that JS killed her or something, considering her lack of consciousness and as SY points out, her being the last person (or so) contacting HJ it's very likely that JS was involved with HJ's death besides the obvious apathy for donating an organ. And now considering the length she goes to "protect her family", I would not be surprised if she really did kill HJ intentionally or unintentionally. It would also explain her constant hallucination/guilt of HJ, since it doesn't seem like she would have been as affected if she had only denied HJ her kidney. 

As for the grandmothers hint of YN...frankly I wouldn't be that surprised if she's HJ's sister. Considering JS's lack of maternal care for her and constant plot of getting rid of her, but then again that may just be because she's not a son so that's a bit hard to tell. And we won't know since she's too young to have the symptoms of the disease I think 

I'm also glad that GW is finally stepping up.

On a side note,I really like how the writers have Ahgassi and the carpenter dude portrayed. It's much more realistic how they, for the most part, act/behave and have normal lives outside of their less normal ones. Because the reality is, those kinds of criminals don't always have that obvious label on them that screams "I'm a shady person". So I really like how realistic the characters are.  Like, before it was revealed that Ahgassi was the serial killer, I was seriously loving his character. It's really sad though, cause I'm sure that if he had people who were less judgemental of his crossdressing ways (like HJ more or less was) he may have not ended up killing people...well that and if HJ hadn't died I think.  

I think episode 13 had the first wtf moment for me though, like do Korean phones not have caller ID or something? Like how does that work exactly, especially since WJ called her afterwards...well I guess it was for plot purposes but still. 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So it's still unclear how HJ died, since Chairman Noh admitted that he in fact did not kill HJ (and I believe him, considering what he said). So now I'm thinking that JS killed her or something, considering her lack of consciousness and as SY points out, her being the last person (or so) contacting HJ it's very likely that JS was involved with HJ's death besides the obvious apathy for donating an organ. And now considering the length she goes to "protect her family", I would not be surprised if she really did kill HJ intentionally or unintentionally. It would also explain her constant hallucination/guilt of HJ, since it doesn't seem like she would have been as affected if she had only denied HJ her kidney. 

As for the grandmothers hint of YA...frankly I wouldn't be that surprised if she's HJ's sister. Considering JS's lack of maternal care for her and constant plot of getting rid of her, but then again that may just be because she's not a son so that's a bit hard to tell. And we won't know since she's too young to have the symptoms of the disease I think 

On a side note,I really like how the writers have Ahgassi and the carpenter dude portrayed. It's much more realistic how they, for the most part, act/behave and have normal lives outside of their less normal ones. Because the reality is, those kinds of criminals don't always have that obvious label on them that screams "I'm a shady person". So I really like how realistic the characters are.  Like, before it was revealed that Ahgassi was the serial killer, I was seriously loving his character. It's really sad though, cause I'm sure that if he had people who were less judgemental of his crossdressing ways (like HJ more or less was) he may have not ended up killing people...well that and if HJ hadn't died I think.  

I think episode 13 had the first wtf moment for me though, like do Korean phones not have caller ID or something? Like how does that work exactly, especially since WJ called her afterwards...well I guess it was for plot purposes but still. 

I agree with you. I like that these two people appear "quite normal". You can't say from the outside who is a serial killer or a criminal. It was interesting that people thought, Young Lady was dangerous because of his cross-dressing so that he got isolated and an outcast too. People had a prejudice so that the consequence was that his mental state was fragilised!

Screenshot_2015-11-20-20-03-43-1_zpsrmv8

Screenshot_2015-11-20-20-04-08-1_zpsdaks

BTS pictures from lee yong suk PD insta.

So, Ahgasshi is on the run now. What with all those police officers, why can't they capture him??

And HJ + forest as the background, maybe HJ will help lead YN to agasshi sack so YN (and GH oppa please..) can save SY..kekeke my imagination really in pink colour  :phew:

As for the grandmothers hint of YN...frankly I wouldn't be that surprised if she's HJ's sister. Considering JS's lack of maternal care for her and constant plot of getting rid of her, but then again that may just be because she's not a son so that's a bit hard to tell. And we won't know since she's too young to have the symptoms of the disease I think 

I'm also glad that GW is finally stepping up.

honestly, I never keep caller ID too, if you use internet free call like skype. Fb messanger, Line, google Hangout, theres no need to keep caller number and name, you just know their account name/ID. So, when people text using their phone number, I often get confused too. LOL. my bad, learn from this drama I need to keep caller ID from now on.

edit: for YN this is just my wild guess, maybe like someone mention in the previous page, Nam ahjusshi related to Seo family, remember when YN talked to seo grandma that she saw grandfather mistress (yangpyeong grandma) at grandpa funeral. what if Nam ahjusshi actually the son of yangpyeong grandma and Seo grandpa, and yuna know about yangpyeong grandma, this going to be a huge scandal, assemblyman seo have an affair with his own niece. 

Another mystery from the beginning, why someone tried to kill Kim Hye Jin when she was a child, her adoptive parents + their real daugther?

Is it because someone knew the truth back then about Ji Sook family's flaws and just wanted to make them all disappear ?

Really enjoying this thriller. So much plot twist it puts hitchcock to shame. I enjoy reading everyone's analysis that cliffhanger on ep 13... I dont know how to get through the week until the next episode. Like what some detectives here analyze, why were the girls pass off as dead during the road accident when they are not. Who is the woman who said she was KHJ mother when she is not, did someone pay her to adopt her? What secret does KHJ hold that so many were silenced? As for the lumber yard rapist, it looks like he cant control his sexual urges due to his disease? Because Gu won was pretty horny in the beginning to, i thougt him coming onto the pharmacy auntie in her clinic was quite risque and feeling up  ga yeong in the car. So many question but as of episode13, no answers. I just wait with bated breath.

Really enjoying this thriller. So much plot twist it puts hitchcock to shame. I enjoy reading everyone's analysis that cliffhanger on ep 13... I dont know how to get through the week until the next episode. Like what some detectives here analyze, why were the girls pass off as dead during the road accident when they are not. Who is the woman who said she was KHJ mother when she is not, did someone pay her to adopt her? What secret does KHJ hold that so many were silenced? As for the lumber yard rapist, it looks like he cant control his sexual urges due to his disease? Because Gu won was pretty horny in the beginning to, i thougt him coming onto the pharmacy auntie in her clinic was quite risque and feeling up  ga yeong in the car. So many question but as of episode13, no answers. I just wait with bated breath.

it was explained after kim hye jin 2nd adoptive mother commit suicide that she adopted her when she was in the orphanage after the car incident and the woman gave the identity of her own daughter that passes away to kim hye jin that we know now I forgot her previous name. Gu won likes ga yeong as his little sister he looked like a perv because the wanted to find a way to see the birthmark. You know the writer wanted to fool us

Guest my2centsworth

This drama has kept me on the edge of my seat since the very beginning. Kudos to the writer. I have watch esps 12 and 13 and want to go back and watch them again. Things sink in better after a second look. But maybe someone can help me with this and when I go back I can look better at it. First......The baby crying in the last scene of esp 12.....it was a boy. So, did someone give birth to a son or is it in Korean custom not to show a female genitals?  I notice in a few other dramas where infants were shown and their genitals could be viewed it was always those of a male child.

Second, If a male child was born, then this makes things more confusing. If a female was born and they used a male naked child then I can understand better about this birth.

Third....If indeed the baby in that scene was suppose to be female, then isn't it possible that JS was the one who gave birth and not her mom? Her age could make it believable.

I haven't read any comments yet so don't know what anyone is thinking along the same lines that I am. But it would explain JS's  bizarre behavior. If she was raped as a teenager and gave birth it would make someone detached and show little emotions towards others. Someone unable to love.

honestly, I never keep caller ID too, if you use internet free call like skype. Fb messanger, Line, google Hangout, theres no need to keep caller number and name, you just know their account name/ID. So, when people text using their phone number, I often get confused too. LOL. my bad, learn from this drama I need to keep caller ID from now on.

edit: for YN this is just my wild guess, maybe like someone mention in the previous page, Nam ahjusshi related to Seo family, remember when YN talked to seo grandma that she saw grandfather mistress (yangpyeong grandma) at grandpa funeral. what if Nam ahjusshi actually the son of yangpyeong grandma and Seo grandpa, and yuna know about yangpyeong grandma, this going to be a huge scandal, assemblyman seo have an affair with his own niece. 

Well I mean didn't she notice that the number was different from the text and the call she received? And I'm pretty sure they had contacted each other before sooooo

This drama has kept me on the edge of my seat since the very beginning. Kudos to the writer. I have watch esps 12 and 13 and want to go back and watch them again. Things sink in better after a second look. But maybe someone can help me with this and when I go back I can look better at it. First......The baby crying in the last scene of esp 12.....it was a boy. So, did someone give birth to a son or is it in Korean custom not to show a female genitals?  I notice in a few other dramas where infants were shown and their genitals could be viewed it was always those of a male child.

Second, If a male child was born, then this makes things more confusing. If a female was born and they used a male naked child then I can understand better about this birth.

Third....If indeed the baby in that scene was suppose to be female, then isn't it possible that JS was the one who gave birth and not her mom? Her age could make it believable.

I haven't read any comments yet so don't know what anyone is thinking along the same lines that I am. But it would explain JS's  bizarre behavior. If she was raped as a teenager and gave birth it would make someone detached and show little emotions towards others. Someone unable to love.

I'm pretty sure it was a baby girl, the...well thing we saw dangling between the legs was the umbilical cord. Because, let's be honest, this is a kdrama so there's absolutely no way that they would show any genitalia even if it is a baby's, just think Emergency Couple the scene where they're bathing Gook, they added the little leaf to cover his private parts ^^  

It also wouldn't make any sense if it was a boy because they've made it pretty clear that HJ is the daughter of JS's mom. 

@MissAria I'm beginning to think that the newspaper report could just be lazy reporting by the reporter. They didn't bother to get their facts straight. This kind of thing happens often even now in our lives. And also that the whole car crash was purely an accident. Nothing orchestrated by anyone. Their parents aren't any characters mentioned further in the show, thus of no significance to the story, and if someone were to try kill the little girls, why then they didn't make sure the girls (or the whole family) died? The two girls were sent to the hospital, then one picked up by relative, and another sent to orphanage.

As for the text message, I think someone mentioned before that Agasshi made it as if WJ was texting from his phone. The text started with "This is Officer PWJ. I found a clue. Come to Agasshi's house quickly". If it were sent from his own mobile, there is no need to identify himself.

It also wouldn't make any sense if it was a boy because they've made it pretty clear that HJ is the daughter of JS's mom

Actually, this isn't confirmed. No one has confirmed that HJ is Baengi Ajumma's daughter. The viewers are led to believe that just because everyone in the show has assumed so because of the clues laid out so far. I've posted earlier that only 3 persons know the truth of who gave birth to the baby, ie. JS, Baengi Ajumma, the rapist. JS has never said HJ is her sister, she could just be following along what other people had assumed. She only refers to HJ as having blood relations. Even if she did say HJ is her sister, she could be lying. We won't know for sure until confirmation from her mother, or the rapist. Note that JS's character description only gives her estimated age, not an exact age. I'm sure that was done purposely.

Father. 

Thanks! So it means the art teacher's father raped his girlfriend (the pharmacist)'s mother. Luckily she is not his daughter else it will be a case of brother-sister relationship. 

But that carpenter looks a bit young to me to be the art teacher's father? He even has a young son

Guest my2centsworth

Well I mean didn't she notice that the number was different from the text and the call she received? And I'm pretty sure they had contacted each other before sooooo

I'm pretty sure it was a baby girl, the...well thing we saw dangling between the legs was the umbilical cord. Because, let's be honest, this is a kdrama so there's absolutely no way that they would show any genitalia even if it is a baby's, just think Emergency Couple the scene where they're bathing Gook, they added the little leaf to cover his private parts ^^  

It also wouldn't make any sense if it was a boy because they've made it pretty clear that HJ is the daughter of JS's mom. 

Guest my2centsworth

Guest my2centsworth

I have been wrong several times with this drama. So I could be wrong now, but went back and watch the scene twice and it still looks like a boy to me. It look as if the umbilical cord appears to be higher up around the belly area. As far as seeing the genitalia area on infants, I have seen it before. I will put on my thinking cap on and try to remember which dramas. But recently, a couple of weeks ago a male character in the drama "Run Jang Mi" went home to visit his father and his girlfriend saw a picture of her boyfriend when an infant on the wall where it show him nude (his male parts) showing. It was a cute scene and he took it from the wall and asked his father he would have it there for everyone to see. His father relied that he was proud of his son after his wife had given him all girls. There was also a drama (long time ago and don't remember the title) where a father took his young son to bath house and it show him nude too.

Sorry for multiplies comments. Computer acting up.

@peny ...The girl in the background of the photo of PD Lee is so creepy looking in a beautiful way. She could pass off as those psycho killer stalker ex. Girlfriend type. 

It's kim hye jin !probably giving her ghost like death stare. I watch the drama on mute sometimes because the music creeeps me out. Right now theres not much romance .. i wonder if theree will be.... woo jae and han so youn .... ??? There is no hints. 

I guess, Young Lady will run through the woods and go to the walnut tree!

He would be quite stupid to do so, actually. Agasshi knows WJ knows where the tree is, since they met there, before. He also knows the police connects the tree to a crime, thanks to WJ having been very trusting of the cross-dresser. And since Agasshi would know very well, which crimes the walnuts would be connected to, being the culprit and all, he would have to be quite out of his mind to run to one of the places the police are certain to connect to him.

But that carpenter looks a bit young to me to be the art teacher's father? He even has a young son

It was confirmed the carpenter is in his 50s. So the age difference does seem plausible to me.

Archived