[Drama 2015] The Eccentric Daughter-in-Law aka Virtual Bride 별난 며느리

irilight

• Replies 716
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest ororomunroe

Lee Yong Joo acting as Dasom's Manager. He's seemingly loyal, acts indifferent but gives good advice from time to time:

sUBbIzb.jpg

Cr: tenasia

@irilight, I like the 'Virtual Bride' title better. Since this is a drama centered around a reality show, that name fits perfectly.

@ororomunroe, me too, I prefer that Virtual Bride. I hope it sticks as the title. So far, KBS still calls it "Eccentric Daughter in Law." Maybe it is a case where the English and Korean titles are different.

Thank you for the still of Lee Yong-Joo.  I have only seen him in Wild Chives, and I don't recall him, so I look forward to seeing him here.

More stills. Dasom and Son Eun-Seo and Kim Yun-Seo.

Embedded image permalink

Source: KBS

A variety show concept in drama... interesting. The teaser is cute too. And Dasom seems enjoying portraying herself as idol doing variety. Unique concept, like it. Hopefully this drama as playful as variety should be. 

• Guest unfeatured this topic

'Blue Tower' actor Lee Yong-joo comes back to small screen as Dasom's manager in 'The Eccentric Daughter-in-Law'

photo620605.jpg

Actor Lee Yong-joo, who previously garnered attention for his role as a private in tvN's 'Blue Tower', is coming back to small screen with his role in 'The Eccentric Daughter-in-Law'.

Lee Yong-joo will play Sang-sik, who is the female lead, In-yeong ('Dasom')'s manager of her entertainment agency.

Lee Yong-joo's role, Sang-sik is a loyal manager, who assists In-yeong with his affectionate advice and tips although he acts as if he could care less.

Lee Yong-joo has said, "I'm glad to be able to join the drama right after the completion of MBC Drama Net's, 'My Unfortunate Boyfriend'. I feel honored to act along with the prominent senior actors. I'm already excited to begin filming".

KBS 2TV's new Monday & Tuesday drama, 'The Eccentric Daughter-in-Law' is a comical family drama. The drama talks about the true meaning of family, depicting the battle between Oh In-yeong, a girl group member, who was cast to appear in an entertainment program featuring hands-on experience of a daughter-in-laws' life in a head family of a clan, and her pretend mother-in-law, Yang Choon-ja, who is the eldest daughter-in-law of the head family.

It will begin on August 17th on KBS 2TV.

Source: http://tr.im/Pw75i

Eccentric Daughter in Law:
stills

Eccentric Daughter In Law sounds like a drama that my in-laws might have written. You know, about their eccentric daughter-in-law, aka me? No? Okay, yeah, that was lame. I tried. Anyway, stills showcasing the men of this drama are out. Hiya boys!

eccentric%2Bdaughter%2Bin%2Blaw.jpg

Eccentric Daughter-in-Law, also known as The Virtual Bride, will be taking the time slot currently being filled beautifully by our beloved I Remember You/Hello Monster on KBS2 Mon/Tues. *sniffle* Sorry Eccentric DIL, it's not you, it's SIG. We aren't ready to say goodbye to Seo In Guk next week.

It stars Kim Dasom, Go Doo Shim, and Ryu Soo Young. It's about a former idol who goes on a reality TV show that pairs up fake mothers and daughters-in-law. Reality ends up imitating fiction in this case and this idol and her fake TV mother-in-law that hate each other end up as actual in-laws for real.

I'm hoping for a light and funny little rom/com. This drama is following others this year and is only scheduled for 12 episodes. This is a new trend that I personally am a fan of. Gasp! How could I?! I know! I feel like such a traitor, but there you have it. I like 12 episode dramas, I can't deny.

So, any of these catch your eye? Which are you planning on adding to your to-watch list? Hope these sneak peeks give you some ideas on what to fill your post-summer drama watching schedules with.

Source

Guest ororomunroe

Looking forward to this, mainly because my Dasom is in it, but the plot seems unique. I do have to ask, who is Dasom's character In Young actually married to ("virtually and in real life)? Is it Ryu Soo Young..or? Sorry if this has been mentioned elsewhere, but I never saw it. 

@Felicia Soh's answer from pg 2 - Ryu Soo-young will develop a love line with Dasom's character. RSY and Dasom will be in a virtual marriage.

So I think it's going to be a 'reel-to-real' type of romance.

SISTAR's Dasom parodies herself in teaser for her upcoming drama 'The Virtual Bride'

Hope you're excited to see a sneak peak of SISTAR's Dasom in the teaser for the upcoming drama 'The Virtual Bride' (formerly known as 'Taming Mother-in-Law')!

The drama will revolve around Dasom's character, a former idol who tries to regain her popularity by appearing on a fictional reality TV show, 'Experience of Daughter-in-Law from the Eldest Son's Family'. The show will focus on her growing relationship with her onscreen mother-in-law. 

The teaser shows Dasom hilariously parodying her character, and it already looks like it'll be a funny drama! The drama is set to air August 17 at 9:55pm KST.

Source

Thanks @irilight for all the update news - loving the fun vibes and I am glad KBS change the momentum from serious tone dramas to a light-hearted+fun+variety theme ala "The Producer" feel drama. 

Go Do-shim is one busy Omma - playing Ryu Soo-young's mother on Mon & Tues and Eugene's mother on weekend.  Fighting Omma....and daughter-in-law! 

Still-cuts from the preview....

20150804_1438698671_54844100_1.jpg

20150804_1438698684_30366200_1.jpg

Source

@Felicia Soh, thank you for these stills.  I consider myself so lucky to have Go Doo Shim in several drama. I have loved her for a long time, and I am thrilled to see her in more roles. (I think the first time I saw her was in the movie "My Mother is a Mermaid," with Jeon Do-Yeon in a double role, and Park Hae-Il)

Below are new stills of Da-som

Photo: 'eccentric daughter-in-law' Sistar Dasom / under provided in mongrae

Source

Well it looks like I came back at the right time after spending time with my boys that's home from college in which they'll be returning soon.

@valsava" Thanks as always for telling me about this drama. after watching the teaser, looks very interesting as with KDS, Da Som, RSY, and the rest of the cast along with some familiar names here, I'm definitely in. I also like The Virtual Bride title as well. Now what role Beak Ok Dam from Apgujeong Midnight Sun drama will play in to the fact that I can't wait who's also dying to know lol.

@suchadiva42 hi... so glad you are joining us, chingu...  Smiley      Glad you had a great visit over the summer with your sons, and now ready to come back here. 

Good news, everyone, Drama Fever has now created a potential page for the drama. Please click on become a fan, and add a comment of support for the drama, so that they see a following.

http://www.dramafever.com/drama/4767/The_Virtual_Bride/

Well it looks like I came back at the right time after spending time with my boys that's home from college in which they'll be returning soon.

@valsava" Thanks as always for telling me about this drama. after watching the teaser, looks very interesting as with KDS, Da Som, RSY, and the rest of the cast along with some familiar names here, I'm definitely in. I also like The Virtual Bride title as well. Now what role Beak Ok Dam from Apgujeong Midnight Sun drama will play in to the fact that I can't wait who's also dying to know lol.

@suchadiva42,  We pretty much have the same taste in drama and I knew this one would catch your eye like mine I don't get the name of this drama I liked eccentric DIL better then this one but the first title was way more about what the drama was about..   

@suchadiva42 hi... so glad you are joining us, chingu...  Smiley      Glad you had a great visit over the summer with your sons, and now ready to come back here. 

Good news, everyone, Drama Fever has now created a potential page for the drama. Please click on become a fan, and add a comment of support for the drama, so that they see a following.

http://www.dramafever.com/drama/4767/The_Virtual_Bride/

@irilight,  Think we should keep requesting for subs ?

Archived