How Many Times Did You Fail The Road Test?

Guest BORGUSX

Guest Starblazerbon

THREE john teshING TIMES. 

Fourth one pending. 

I hate how I crack under pressure. I hate how I sweat uncontrollably and say: "Gosh it's hot today" and get look as though I'm insane. 

I hate that there was a television program with the worst drivers in my country and that there was this dude that caused an accident to another was somehow able to get a license (which, after the show was revoked of course). I hate that I'm doing this for almost a year already and still haven't gotten it yet.

I'm scared that it'll take too long and I have to do the theory test AGAIN. SO much money down the drain...

Why do you keep failing?

What mistakes did you make?

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope :(

I am terribly scared to do so though.

I can't even parallel park heh.

Don't be too nervous, practice whenever you can. Parallel parking is pretty simple once you get the hang of it. It's just a matter of lining your back bumper with another car, reversing back a bit, turning the wheel all the way to the right and backing up until the middle of the back window aims toward the sidewalk, and then turning the wheel all the way to the left, and just backing in. The key is to do everything slowly with your foot lightly on the brake.

My road test is on the 23rd....You guys and girls wish me luck!!!

I'm seriously afraid to fail. I want to get my license before I move for college.

I'm so worried T_T.

Good luck! Really, if you do fail the first time, it isn't terrible because a lot of ppl do. Try drinking tea before the test to calm yourself.

Guest MsChaofan

Why do you keep failing?

What mistakes did you make?

I'm not entirely sure how Americans say this, but I have performance anxiety, fear of failure translated literally. I feel pressured to do well and I keep thinking about the mistakes I did and about the high costs of the exams (and extra lessons) and how in the hell I'm going to pay for all of this. 

I would have to guess that my biggest mistake is failing to look further down the road; this disables me in making quick decisions, so I only notice the 'obstacle' (cyclists, road sweeper, construction workers, etc.) until the very last minute. Then I panic. 

I drive pretty well (at least I think so) when it's just a regular lesson with the instructor. 

Written

Failed twice. I didn't take a class, only read the test manual, but I couldn't read it, it's too boring. I always felt asleep when I tried to study it.

Luckily it's a computerized test. It showed me the right answer when I answered it wrong.

The 3rd test, I got the same computer as the 2nd attempt one. I still remembered the answers :phew:

Road

Failed once. I purposely took the test in a small town, no busy streets, so it should have been very easy. But I was too nervous. The tester was a scary woman too. When she told me to turn left, I turned right instead. Luckily it's not a one-way street haha.

The second time I was more relaxed, and the tester was a nice old man. Streets were almost empty and no parallel parking test.

Guest Starblazerbon

Written

Failed twice. I didn't take a class, only read the test manual, but  I couldn't read it, it's too boring. I always felt asleep when I tried to study it.

Luckily it's a computerized test. It showed me the right answer when I answered it wrong.

The 3rd test, I got the same computer as the 2nd attempt one. I still remembered the answers :phew:

Road

Failed once. I purposely took the test in a small town, no busy streets, so it should have been very easy. But I was too nervous. The tester was a scary woman too. When she told me to turn left, I turned right instead. Luckily it's not a one-way street haha.

The second time I was more relaxed, and the tester was a nice old man. Streets were almost empty and no parallel parking test.

You auto-failed because you turned the wrong way? 0.0

Guest nana544

Starblazerbon Icon

did you have to do parallel parking?

Yes I did and I missed that one, but overall I didn't miss a lot of points so I passed. The minimum to pass is 15 and I got 8. I live in CA.

It took me forever to take the road test, because I was so scared to start driving. I still get a little scared, but it becomes easier everyday!

I failed the road test once. It was really stupid of me on my part, I was turning left into a residential area and instead of keeping my lane I drifted into the middle of the road. I failed instantly. I was so bummed out. I barely passed the next time, but at least I passed.

Guest ChingGoo

I failed the written test twice. the third time was so nerve wrecking :tears:

Luckily my behind the wheel test didn't go the way my written test did. :)

Guest Naked-Fanatic

I passed both the written and the road tests on the first try. It was very easy to me and involved common sense.

Note that I didn't read the earlier posts in this thread so I'm not making fun of any of you.

3 times

1 - I don't remember..too many mistakes.

2 - Didn't look behind to see if there were any bicyclists when making a right.

3 - I didn't make a left when I was told to <_<

I barely passed on my 4th try.

I failed my written about 4 times. With my first permit, I passed on the 3rd try but failed all behind the wheel test so I had to do another written. I didn't pass until my 3rd try again.

Guest HeyItzPeter

Don't be too nervous, practice whenever you can. Parallel parking is pretty simple once you get the hang of it. It's just a matter of lining your back bumper with another car, reversing back a bit, turning the wheel all the way to the right and backing up until the middle of the back window aims toward the sidewalk, and then turning the wheel all the way to the left, and just backing in. The key is to do everything slowly with your foot lightly on the brake.

Good luck! Really, if you do fail the first time, it isn't terrible because a lot of ppl do. Try drinking tea before the test to calm yourself.

I'm so glad you said tea... :P. I didnt fail anything, but i almost failed the driving part because my bumper was sticking out on the train tracks.... lol total fail, but luckily my instructor over looked it and just gave me a 10 min long lecture about it. The people standing outside waiting for their turn thought i failed and giggled to themselves, but as soon i as i stepped out of the car i was jumping up and down for joy byahahha xD The look on the their faces were like wtf?....

I've never failed, but I remember at the written test centre, many parents were lining up for the test registration while their child was writing the test cause they knew their child would fail and have to redo it. Hahaha.

Failed twice =/

First failure: I was a bit too nervous, so I felt like the turns weren't done that smoothly. The examiner clearly showed that she did not even like me before she got into the car, too, which made it more nerve wrecking. She kept on asking about my medical history.. like really? If she asked if I was taking any medications, I would have been fine, but not when she asked if I have ever had a stroke, major accidents and all that jazz. When it came to parallel parking (yes, I was tested on parallel parking in every test when 99% of the people I know was never tested on it!), she told me to parallel park in front of a driveway. It was trickier since it was harder to see the side of the road, and seriously.. how often do you park where there is no curb? I wanted to adjust the car a bit, and she was fine with it. But then she said that I was too close to the curb and to the car in front of me, so she told me to go back to the center right away..

Second failure: The man did not say much so I was able to concentrate (unlike the first examiner who kept on yapping at random times during the test). Once again, I was in for it when it came to parallel parking. I just did a left turn at the light and he wanted me to park right behind a pickup truck close to the street lights. It worked out fine (thank goodness there was no cars right turning into the same street!), but when I moved out, he suddenly reached over and jerked the wheel to the far left. He yelled at me and said that I was going to pickup truck.. but really, he could have just pulled that brake thing under the seat or something. Why? Well, he managed to jerk the wheel so much that I ended up on the opposite side of the street! If any cars were heading in the opposite direction, we would have slammed head on to each other! I found out afterwards that he is the worst examiner you can get if you are not Caucasian. He is known for being the most racist examiner who has not allowed a single non-Caucasian person to pass before.. Talk about luck, right?

PASS: I was fed up with all the failures and it was really discouraging to my confidence in driving. I am not like the best driver in the world, but I know I am not the worst. Right from the start, my teacher was saying that I should pass with flying colors on my first try. In the end, I gave up going to the center I went for my first and second test. I went to another one and practiced there for only one hour and I passed! I was even told to go back to the center on streets that I have never been to before. *WHEW*

Guest Starblazerbon

Failed twice =/

First failure: I was a bit too nervous, so I felt like the turns weren't done that smoothly. The examiner clearly showed that she did not even like me before she got into the car, too, which made it more nerve wrecking. She kept on asking about my medical history.. like really? If she asked if I was taking any medications, I would have been fine, but not when she asked if I have ever had a stroke, major accidents and all that jazz. When it came to parallel parking (yes, I was tested on parallel parking in every test when 99% of the people I know was never tested on it!), she told me to parallel park in front of a driveway. It was trickier since it was harder to see the side of the road, and seriously.. how often do you park where there is no curb? I wanted to adjust the car a bit, and she was fine with it. But then she said that I was too close to the curb and to the car in front of me, so she told me to go back to the center right away..

Second failure: The man did not say much so I was able to concentrate (unlike the first examiner who kept on yapping at random times during the test). Once again, I was in for it when it came to parallel parking. I just did a left turn at the light and he wanted me to park right behind a pickup truck close to the street lights. It worked out fine (thank goodness there was no cars right turning into the same street!), but when I moved out, he suddenly reached over and jerked the wheel to the far left. He yelled at me and said that I was going to pickup truck.. but really, he could have just pulled that brake thing under the seat or something. Why? Well, he managed to jerk the wheel so much that I ended up on the opposite side of the street! If any cars were heading in the opposite direction, we would have slammed head on to each other! I found out afterwards that he is the worst examiner you can get if you are not Caucasian. He is known for being the most racist examiner who has not allowed a single non-Caucasian person to pass before.. Talk about luck, right?

PASS: I was fed up with all the failures and it was really discouraging to my confidence in driving. I am not like the best driver in the world, but I know I am not the worst. Right from the start, my teacher was saying that I should pass with flying colors on my first try. In the end, I gave up going to the center I went for my first and second test. I went to another one and practiced there for only one hour and I passed! I was even told to go back to the center on streets that I have never been to before. *WHEW*

what?

i passed the written test first try and failed the road test once (passed 2nd try). the reason why i failed was because i went over the speed limit; i didn't see a speed limit sign on the road that i failed on but apparently this is one (the bus stop sign is kinda blocking it :rolleyes: )

Archived