Kim Hye-Soo 김혜수 [Drama “Under the Queen’s Umbrella” | Movie “Smugglers”]

Helena

February 28, 2013
Kim Hye Soo Joins First Script Reading for 'God of the Workplace'
CJ E&M enewsWorld Choi, EunHwa Translation Credit: Erika Kim  
Kim Hye Soo succeeded in looking her role at a script reading session for KBS2′s God of the Workplace.
The actress attended the script reading held on February 26 for the drama. She appeared in a bob, a black t-shirt and thick-rimmed glasses.
13746829.jpg

She immediately took over with her bold charisma. Her boldness also showed in her lines as she recited them, making everyone present laugh at the comical dialogue.
She often asked for her fellow actors′ opinions, saying things like, "Don′t you think the script is so funny?" and also was seen conversing with screenwriter Yoon Nan Joong about her opinion on the role and the script. Oh Ji Ho received a bout of praise from her, as she said he is truly a skilled actor.
All members of the cast were present this day, including the director, screenwriter, Oh Ji Ho, Lee Hee Jun, Jung Yu Mi, Jeon Hye Bin and 2AM′s Jo Kwon. The session took place for three hours as the actors poured out their passion toward the drama.
72212281.jpg

God of the Workplace is a drama about Miss Kim (Kim Hye Soo), a big shot contract worker that is so charismatic not even a high-level executive can make her budge. She will be at odds with the elite Jang Kyu Jik (Oh Ji Ho).
The drama will air its first episode on April 1 in Advertisement Genius Lee Tae Baek′s time slot.
Photo credit: KBS Media, MI

• 4 weeks later...

March 26, 2013
Kim Hye-soo to Forfeit MA Due to Plagiarism
The ChosunIlbo
Actress Kim Hye-soo has she is ready to forfeit her master's degree following a plagiarism scandal. At a press event for her latest TV soap in Seoul on Monday she once again apologized for plagiarizing a substantial part of her master's thesis at Sungkyunkwan University in 2001.
"I belatedly realized I made a mistake and told my professor to follow the procedure to revoke it," she claimed.
She admitted that it would be appropriate for her to jettison the lead in the TV show, but since the soap starts airing in just a week, her departure would cause significant damage to the production. 
"I'll do my best as an actress to recover the trust of the public," she said.
The Chosun Ilbo broke the story on Saturday. 
201303251822330910_1.jpg

March 25, 2013
Actress Kim Hye-soo Sorry for MA Plagiarism
The ChosunIlbo
Actress Kim Hye-soo has apologized for plagiarizing a substantial part of her master's thesis at Sungkyunkwan University in 2001. She copied part of the thesis on actor communication verbatim from at least four books. 
A professor at Seoul National University who read Kim's thesis said, "It's the kind of brazen cut-and-paste job that even undergraduates wouldn't dare to attempt." 
Kim in a statement through her agency said, "I admit that I plagiarized my thesis because it was written when I was working full-time. I think I wasn't aware of the seriousness of plagiarism. I am sorry."
She is not alone among celebrities in cutting academic corners. Comedian and TV personality Kim Mi-hwa is also suspected of plagiarizing her master's thesis from the same university in 2011, copying from five other theses. 
The university said it was tipped off by an anonymous caller and a research ethics committee will review the paper. 
Kim Mi-hwa admitted violating the rules by failing to attribute quotations properly but claims she researched "the important parts" herself. 
53966891.4.jpg

April 2, 2013
KBS viewers love sassy office worker
By Lee Sun-min Korea JoongAng Daily

02213520.jpg

The new KBS drama “God of the Workplace” took a promising first step by attracting a 8.2 percent viewership during its first episode on Monday. 
The figure, reported by Nielsen Korea, is higher than the 6.3 percent for the final episode of “Advertising Genius Lee Tae-baek,” which preceded the new show in its time slot. 
The drama is adapted from the Japanese drama “Pride of the Temp” and follows a temporary employee named Miss Kim (played by Kim Hye-soo) who refuses to do work outside of her job description. 
She never misses her lunch break and leaves as soon as her working hours end. The company wouldn’t dare think about asking her to come in on weekends. 
Instead, Kim insists that if the company doesn’t approve of her actions, it should hire three more regular workers since she does three people’s work in a limited period of time.
Needless to say, Miss Kim’s atypical approach to her working life rubs her colleagues the wrong way, leaving to even more tension. 

• 3 weeks later...

April 19, 2013
Grueling office life being satirized
By Baek Byung-yeul The Korea Times
130419_p01_grueling(0).jpg
A poster for KBS drama “The Queen of Office” Courtesy of KBS
It is strange that the country never really had its version of ''The Office,’’ the British-inspired American sitcom that was a hilarious satire on the modern workplace. After all, weren’t Koreans the most depressed and overworked corporate citizens on the planet?
But it now appears that the anonymous workers behind the cubicles have finally acquired a voice through pop culture.
The new KBS television drama, ''The Queen of Office,’’ based on the Japanese comic book ''Haken no Hinkaku’’ and revolving around the story of a non-regular employee working her way up in the supermarket kingdom, is the most successful show of the year so far. The broadcaster is reporting viewer ratings of around 15 percent, a better audience record than any other drama in the same timeslot.
Meanwhile, the Internet cartoon ''Misaeng,’’ also about precarious workers but this time set in a cut-throat trading company, has become immensely popular to the point where a film or television adaptation seems inevitable.
In Queen, the protagonist Miss Kim, played by movie bombshell Kim Hye-soo, is portrayed as a non-regular employee with superb abilities, work ethic and a no nonsense attitude.
Kim gets to office at 9 a.m., and leaves at 6 p.m., unwilling to spend a microsecond more. She holds more than 120 skill certifications in all sorts of fields, executes work with perfection, and speaks a bunch of languages including Russian.
Kim’s confidence about her ability, and also the frustration from her contract situation, allows her to be protective about her private life and blatantly reject after-work drinking sessions and other oppressive traditions of the macho corporate culture.
She provides a sense of catharsis to the average television viewer, who knows they will probably never manage to be like her in real life.
''Although I am not a non-regular worker, I have seen numerous cases that they are treated as puppets in my company, too.  The drama seems to portray this culture with authenticity,” said Park Jong-ho, 31-year-old office worker and drama fan.
 ''I was fed up with other television dramas that used office life just as a setup for a cliched ending where the man kisses the woman and we’re done. But Queen breaks this tradition and I can’t wait to see it every Monday evening.’’  
While Yoon Tae-ho is firmly established as one of the country’s leading cartoonists, none of his work has been as popular as Misaeng, which is published on Daum (www.daum.net) on Tuesdays and Fridays. So far, the cartoon has garnered more than 8 million readers and its paperback version is selling well in bookstores too.
The protagonist is Jang Geu-rae, a man who tries to adjust to life as an office worker after failing as a professional baduk player. Yoon convincingly connects the cut-throat trading industry culture with the game of baduk, known as ''go’’ in Japan, and his painstaking research of the realities at trading companies allow him to provide a vivid description of life as a corporate underling.
Koreans, who on average work 300 hours more a year than the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development average, are celebrating cultural content representing their corporate culture.

April 21, 2013
Shop workers 'slighted' by drama
By Nam Hyun-woo The Korea Times
KBS_450.jpg
KBS TV series “The Queen of Office” features Kim Hye-soo, center, as a temporary worker. Courtesy of KBS
In “The Queen of the Office,” the latest hit TV series featuring nonpermanent workers, heroine “Miss Kim (Kim Hye-soo),” leaves her office exactly at 6 p.m. 
She, without a second of hesitation, claims a higher hourly rate for overtime work, including unwanted but compulsory late night drinking sessions hosted by her boss.
Some fans of the soap opera say they feel a sense of catharsis every time Miss Kim puts into practice what they wanted to but couldn’t in workplaces. 
However, many nonpermanent workers say the drama is falsely depicting their work life, ridiculing serious hardships they are facing as temps.
Sweating temps
Unlike our queen of the office Miss Kim, who keeps to her quitting-time like a sacred oath and ruthlessly claims overtime pay for extra work, many temps say she is nothing more than the persona of their unattainable hope smashed by heavy workloads. 
They say the drama does not mirror reality, though considering it is a comedy. Instead, it might distort the public impression that most temps cannot do the same as Miss Kim does because they are not competent like her. 
Yoon, 23, who has completed a six-month long internship program as a visual merchandiser at a local apparel company, said that she was like a slave for the company. 
“I’ve never felt that I was welcomed at the company, having no seat of my own,” said Yoon.
She said she was supposed to work from 7 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. contractually, but she never left the office at the appointed time, usually working until 10 p.m., while required to be at the office at 6:30 a.m.
“Sometimes, I and fellow interns had to work all night long, while regulars leave the office at 6 p.m. One of the interns passed out on her way to the office after three consecutive days of all night duty. I was a visual merchandiser at the company, who constructs a shop’s products display. Therefore I was always coughing because I had to inhale all the dust that came from clothing that I organized,” she said. 
There were no extra payments for her overtime. 
Park Soo-jin (an alias), 24, a graduate of a prestigious American university and a temp at a leading IT company, said the drama is a far cry from the reality facing temps.
“It’s impossible to leave the office at 6 p.m. This could be for a variety of reasons such as issues with client, receiving late revisions, or simply helping out other colleagues,” Park said. 
“I believe we should be paid for overtime. The salary for temps is simply insufficient to cover basic food and other expenses, especially while living in Korea. We are just managing to survive.”
What the soap opera has failed to spotlight is how Miss Kim got the job in the first place. Many job seekers in South Korea -- not only those hunting for regular jobs but also looking for irregular jobs such as internships -- call landing a job “Mission Impossible.” 
In January, a local newspaper company recruited intern reporters. When the three positions opened up, over a hundred people applied. Some of the applicants had masters or even doctoral degrees from very renowned graduate schools, while a few already had journalistic experiences in regular positions at overseas media companies such as Le Monde.
“I have to admit that I feel some of the applicants are overqualified for internships. Ordinary applicants like me, who graduated from a local university and are now looking for temporary jobs as the phase zero for my career, are being dropped from the very beginning,” an applicant, surnamed Kim, 27, said.

April 28, 2013
Kim Hye-soo, "Am I embarrassed? I chose the drama"
Source: Hancinema.net
e22b8d80caca995f0ec86992ca095abe.jpgNate130428_517cb3503241e.jpg
Actress Kim Hye-soo spoke about her comical role in the current drama "The Queen of Office".
In an interview with "Star News" on the 27th, she was asked if the comical acting was a burden to her and she said, "I have to room to be embarrassed and the drama is something the actress chooses".
Known as a proud and charismatic actress, Kim Hye-soo uses unique tones and actions in this time's role, bringing laughter to the screens as the episode goes on.
On the fourth episode of the drama, she showed us a tambourine act and even did a split.
She claims, "When it comes to acting, nothing personal matters".
Netizens say, "She's an actress alright", "Being confident in what you like is the best", "Kim Hye-soo is awesome for making the role hers" and more.
Meanwhile, Kim Hye-soo takes on the role of Super woman Miss Kim in "The Queen of Office".
Credit: http://www.eto.co.kr/news/outview.asp?Code=20130428220310317&ts=143356
54768057.3.jpg

April 30, 2013
Film Audiences Favor Grown-Up Experience
The ChosunIlbo l Nate
ch_1367292782_-1466716913_0.jpg

Ha Jung-woo and Kim Hye-soo have been voted the most popular actor and actress in Korea in a poll by the Chosun Ilbo and the country's biggest ticketing site Maxmovie. But Hwang Jung-min and Jeon Do-yeon were named as the best actor and actress. 
◆ Mature Actors, Mature Audiences
Remarkably, most of the top 10 most popular actors and actresses are in their 30s to 50s, the only exception being Han Hyo-joo, who is in her 20s. The average age for male and female actors is 42.7 and 34.1. 
Of the actors, only four are in their 30s, including Ha, Kang Dong-won and Won Bin. A large proportion of the entrants on the popularity list starred in hit movies over the past two years, but Won, Kang, Lee Na-young and Kim Tae-hee managed to stay popular by only appearing in commercials.
The average age of best actors is even higher. Except for Ha, all those in the top 10 are in their 40s or over, and the 10 best actresses are on average 41.7 years old. 
Several veteran actors who did not make the most-popular list were instead recognized for their skill, including Yoon Yeo-jeong, Kim Hae-sook, Jang Young-nam and Moon So-ri.
Pundits attribute the preference for middle-aged actors to soaring numbers of moviegoers in the same age group. "The Korean film industry used to focus on viewers in their teens or 20s, but now it tries to accommodate diverse age groups. As more films target the middle-aged, they cast veteran actors in the same age bracket," said film critic Jeon Chan-il. 
A film producer said, "Only five years ago, pretty young actors were almost guaranteed success at the box office, but now viewers don't want to see movies with bad actors any more. Regardless of appearance or age, actors with proven skill are most sought after now."
◆ New Directors
On the other hand, a generational shift seems to be taking place among directors. The people on the 10 best directors list have largely drawn over 10 million viewers in recent years, such as Choi Dong-hoon with "Thieves," Choo Chang-min with "Masquerade," and Lee Hwan-kyung with "Miracle in Cell No. 7."
Most of moviegoers had never heard of the last two before the success of their movies. But some prominent directors who once drew vast audiences did not make the list this time. There were no nods to Yoon Je-kyoon of "Haeundae," Lee Joon-ik of "The King and the Clown," and Kang Je-gyu of "Taegukgi: The Brotherhood of War."
◆ Movie Theaters Win 
Asked what their favorite way of watching movies is, 87.1 percent of respondents replied the theater, up from 61 percent in 2007. The proportion of those who prefer downloading movies on the Internet dwindled by half from 13.1 percent to 6.4 percent, and of those who favored cable channels by two-thirds from 14.5 percent to 4.8 percent. 
Watching DVDs and videos plummeted from 9.6 percent to 0.7 percent over the same period.
Of the five factors influencing people's choice of films, online reviews from punters came only third. Kim Hyung-ho of Maxmovie explained that factors that are irrelevant to the film can come into play when netizens evaluate them. "Some people rate movies poorly just for fun," he said.
He added people are becoming more aware of how diverse tastes are and no longer consider other Internet users' comments very credible.
Instead, recommendations from friends and family came in second, rising from 10.3 percent to 18.8 percent. 

April 30, 2013
Kim Hye Soo Chosen as Star Most Likely to Save Everyone in Case of War
CJ E&M enewsWorld Lee, KyungNam Translation Credit: Erika Kim   

It seems Korea has nothing to fear, because everyone thinks Miss Kim will come to the rescue.
The film Saving General Yang recently conducted a poll through a portal site, asking users to choose the drama star they think will come to the rescue in the case of war.
88837573.jpg

Kim Hye Soo, the only female candidate of the list, beat out all the other male candidates to land on first place.
The actress currently plays Miss Kim, the smart and bold multi-talented worker, on KBS2′s God of the Workplace. The power of her role was proved through the numbers of the poll, as she took 38 percent of the total votes.
Lee Seung Gi, the half-man half-beast of MBC′s Gu Family Book, and NSS agent Jang Hyuk of KBS2′s Iris 2 followed Miss Kim in order.
Saving General Yang is about the efforts of seven sons who enter a war with hopes of saving their father in danger. It premieres on May 2.
Photo credit: enews DB

• 4 weeks later...

This is an old, old clip of Kim Hye Soo interviewing Lee Byung Hun way back in 1998. It's so funny and heartwarming seeing the two looking so young and giggly compared to them these days, the best in the industry. I saw the clips many times without any subs before and it was so funny because both so spontaneous and carefree.
Now with translation provided by mistymorning, it's really a hilarious clip to watch. LOL. Please enjoy!
ribbon.gif

Copied from LBH-soompi thread, thanks to mistymorning
I want to share another clip I found on youtube. It's fun short clip of talk show - hosted by Kim Hye-Soo and guest Lee Byung-Hun. I think this was around 1998. Credited to f32000@youtube.

* what's in [] is all showing up in screen.
[Kim Hye-Soo Lee Byung-Hun Date talk][Victim: Kim Hye-Soo]KHS: Are you conservative toward your girl friend? Not in so many words, but could be a bit stern?LBH: I don't think I can judge myself, but I was told I am conservative sometimes, and other times, free-spirited.         Do you want to date and check for yourself? (laughing)KHS: (she's sort of flustered) I'm surprised..(sipping soda)LBH: You're blushing!KHS: Just a sec, I'm having butterflies. (laughing)KHS: When you meet someone you like, do you try to make her laugh with your witt, or you're reserved but try to appeal to her with your low voice?LBH: Can't you tell, when I am trying to make you laugh right now?KHS: Oh so this is how you... (laughing). It's so good to be pretty. KHS: So Mr. Lee byung-hun, Lee bung-huh, Lee byung-hyun..(makes several mistakes saying his name )  I am sorry.LBH:  It's fine, Kim Hye-Shoo Ssi ( pronouncing her name wrong intentionally)  (crowd laughing)KHS: What's your hobby ( makes another several mistakes ) (laughing and being flustered again )LBH: Sorry I can't understand what you're saying. (crowd/KSH laughing so much )LBH: You're going to ask editors to cut this out, right?KHS: Of course! ( and subtitle saying : We will not edit and KHS got really red in the face )LBH: You look like a post box! KHS: Do you have any specific hobby? (starts laughing and crowd and LBH following )LBH: You don't sound like you're really curious.(laughing)

June 1, 2013
Kim Hye-soo's Latest Soap 'a Microcosm of Society'
The Chosun Ilbo
2013060100450_0.jpg

The KBS TV drama "Queen of the Office," which recently wrapped up, drew high viewer ratings with its sympathetic portrayal of the lives of salaried workers.
Actress Kim Hye-soo, who spent the last several months playing the role of "Miss Kim," said, "She's not the just the larger-than-life character you usually see in soaps, who has extraordinary skills that make anything possible."
"The plot also deals with heavier issues like discrimination, unfairness or inequality in the workplace, but it portrays them with a sense of levity, even in a sarcastic way, and delivers subtle messages about work and life within the rigid framework of a hierarchical work environment."
"On the surface, the soap deals with ordinary office workers and their lives, but in fact it holds lessons for all of us," she added.
Kim said she plans to take a break before diving into her next project. 
"If I don't find something that's really appealing, I could take some time for myself. But if a project grabs my fancy, I could also jump straight into it," she said. "It doesn't matter whether it's a starring or supporting role."

June 6, 2013
Kim Hye-soo chosen as the most glamorous star
Source: HanKyung.com via Hancinema.net
c07302f6bc535599b6c42127c7e3e733.jpg

Actress Kim Hye-soo has been chosen as the most glamorous star by the citizens.
Y-Star conducted a survey on the most glamorous stars and Kim Hye-soo beat Lee Hyo-lee, Min Hyo-rin and Jeon Hyo-seong, coming in first.
The survey takers said, "There's no need to even think about it. Of course it's Kim Hye-soo" and proved her glamour. They also said, "Kim Hye-soo's appeal is her charismas and high class sexiness".
Second in place came Lee Hyo-lee for her bold and sexiness. Kang Ye-bin was chosen third for being sexy doing anything.
Other stars included Min Hyo-rin, Jeon Hyo-seong and Nam Ji-hyeon.
Meanwhile, Y-Star can be seen at 3PM.

Guest kdramafanusa

Source: http://en.starnnews.com/news/index.html?no=203013

Kim Hye Soo voted as the most glamorous star of Korea

2013-06-07 14:15

2013060617302551b048a1c.jpg

Kim Hye Soo was voted as the most glamorous star of Korea.

Recently, channel Y-STAR held a poll for the most glamorous star of Korea in Myungdong, and revealed the top 7.

According to the result, Kim Hye Soo was voted as the #1 most glamorous star of Korea, winning over Lee Hyo Ri, Hyo Rin, and Jeon Hyo Sung.

The second place was given to Lee Hyo Ri, who recently released her 5th regular album, and Kang Ye Bin was ranked 3rd.

The next followed SISTAR's Hyo Rin, SECRET's Jeon Hyo Sung, and 4Minute's Nam Ji Hyun.

/Reporting by Kim Ji-Yi en@starnnews.com

June 7, 2013
Five Fun Facts About Kim Hye Soo
by Joan MacDonald KDramaStars

06521872.jpg

Not only did Kim Hye Soo recently finish the successful drama "God of the Workplace" in which she portrayed Super Temp Miss Kim, but the 42-year-old actress was also voted the most glamorous star in Korea. Channel Y-Star voted her the nation's most appealing female star, giving her that honor over Lee Hyori, Hyorin and Jeon Hyo Sung.
Those responding to the survey said the star she won based on her charisma and her alluring good looks. It's not surprising since she has always been known for her dramatic red carpet looks.
Although Kim is a favorite star, here are a few facts you may not know about her.
1. She's an artist and has displayed her art at the Seoul Open Air Fair. When one of her collages sold, she donated the money to charity.
2. She has appeared in over 30 films, including "The Thieves," which was the second highest grossing film in Korean cinema history. Having appeared in so many films and almost two-dozen dramas, she is not concerned if a good role doesn't come along right away. Or how big the role is.
"If I don't find something that's really appealing, I could take some time for myself," said Kim. "But if a project grabs my fancy, I could also jump straight into it. It doesn't matter whether it's a starring or supporting role."
3. She has a theater and film degree and teaches performing arts at Sungkyunkwan University as an adjunct professor.
4. She does not consider herself competitive and is not the jealous type.
 "I lack the competitive gene by nature," said Kim. "I've been this way since I was a child. And many would say the greatest competitor in your life is yourself. Well, I don't want to do that either. I'm not really interested in winning against anyone, including myself. I'm more interested in how I'd handle things when I run into unexpected, rough situations in life."
5. There was a time when she worried about being more of a star than an actress. Although she has acted since she was a teenager, she felt that her career hit a slump around 2000. She found she was appearing in the same type of movies all the time. They were good movies, but she started to feel typecast and limited by the roles she was offered.
"I couldn't help but doubt my talent," said Kim.
So, she decided to take on more challenging roles and turned her career around. Her roles in "YMCA Baseball Team," "The Red Shoes," "The War of Flowers," "The Family You Hate," "11th Mother" won praise from the critics.
She's an actress who has it all, talent and plenty of star appeal.

June 14, 2013
Kdrama Actresses Still Scoring Great Roles In Their 40s And 50s
by Joan MacDonald KDramaStars.com

20130612_1371005716..jpg

Turning 40 and even 50 no longer means retirement or only mom roles for glamorous kdrama actresses.
In decades past, actresses often retired when they married or aged out of leading lady roles, but some of kdrama's most beautiful older actresses are changing all that.
Several kdrama actresses over 40 continue to score great roles. A few do play moms or wicked prospective mother-in-laws, but others also take leading roles as wives and love interests.
There's no rule that says women always look better in their 20s than they do in their 40s. For example, many would say that Kim Sung Ryung is even more attractive now than she was when she began acting. The 46-year-old actress was just cast in the upcoming drama, "The Heirs" with Lee Min Ho and Park Shin Hye. The actress works consistently, having recently appeared as Baek Do In Kyung "Yawang," Seo Ji Soo in "The Chaser," Oh Eun Hee in "Syndrome" and Ji Na's mom in "Padam Padam: The Sound Of His and Her Heartbeats." She won a KBS Excellence in Acting award for her role in "The Chaser."
Lee Mi Sook, 53, was a top actress in the 80s. She appeared in several films, most notably "Whale Hunting," "The Winter That Was Warm," and "Wanderer in Winter." She retired from acting in 1987 when she married but returned a decade later in the film, "An Affair." She played a good mom in "Love Rain" and a bad mom in "Cinderella's Sister" but she also did a gorgeous fashion spread in Elle Korea in 2010, playing the older woman having an affair with BigBang's TOP. She is currently playing glamorous actress Song Mi Ryung in "You're The Best Lee Soon Shin."
Kim Hye Soo, 43, recently starred in "God of the Workplace" as super-temp Miss Kim. She will appear in a film this year, titled "The Face Reader." Kim has acted since she was a high school student and her career shows no sign of slowing down. She became known as a femme fatale for her roles in "Hypnotized," "The Red Shoes" and Tazza" and she is just as glamorous today as she was then. Her dramatic red carpet looks continue to contribute to her sultry movie star appeal.
Kim Nam Joo, 42, appeared as Cha Hoon Yee, a working woman with annoying in-laws in last year's weekend drama hit "My Husband Got A Family." The drama earned ratings over 50 percent and its popularity was attributed to the to the relatable family problems it realistically portrayed. Kim, who has won several best actress, couple and style awards, looks amazing.
Hopefully, these talented actresses have many more drama roles in their futures.

• 2 weeks later...

June 24, 2013
How did Kim Hye Soo complete her airport style?
BNTNews
wzmumpde8tgdtivnppdvao4k9lzh2fio.jpg

[by Chloe Yun] The ‘queen of office’ changed her department and became the queen of airport fashion. Fashionista Kim Hye soo’s recent airport style is now heating up online. 
After her latest gig KBS ‘The Queen of Office’ went off the air, actress Kim Hye soo showed her face in public at Incheon International airport on the 21st. She was heading to Spain for the pictorial shoot with COSMOPOLITAN magazine. 
On that day, Kim gave off her strong ‘actress charisma’ in black leather jeans and hoodie jacket, covering half her face with sunglasses. She completed her chic, edgy airport style by matching her overall black outfit with vivid yellow tote bag, which is known to be LOUIS QUATORZE’s TOULOUSE line. 
LOUIS QUATORZE official says, “Kim Hye soo showed perfect ‘one-point styling’ as she matched her overall black look with a colorful bag. Like she did, color-focusing on one item is one of the best and easiest ways to create fashionable, but not too much style.” (photo by LOUIS QUATORZE)

June 29, 2013
The Face Reader’s hilarious meta teasers
by girlfriday dramabeans.com
201306271418772455_51cbcb9271b4f_59_2013

I was already looking forward to The Face Reader for its star-studded cast: Song Kang-ho, Kim Hye-soo, and Lee Jung-jae in one movie is nothing to scoff at, and then you throw funny scene-stealer Jo Jung-seok and noona-killer Lee Jong-seok in the mix, and I’m lining up at the door. But then the movie released its first two teasers, and they’re hysterical. They’re filled with meta jokes about the actors, and truth be told they don’t say much about the movie but all I know is, if the film has the same comic sensibility of the teasers, we’re in for a good time.
The new project from director Han Jae-rim (The Show Must Go On) is about a face reader (Song Kang-ho) who tells people’s fortunes and personality traits based on facial markers. The film is about the (genius, natch) face reader’s attempt to change the fate of Joseon during a time when the throne is vulnerable. Lee Jung-jae plays Grand Prince Suyang, future king of Joseon in the mid-15th century. His biggest political rival is Kim Jong-seo, played by Baek Yoon-shik in the film (it’s the same historical backdrop as The Princess’s Man). Kim Hye-soo plays Joseon’s top gisaeng; Jo Jung-seok plays Song Kang-ho’s assistant; and Lee Jong-seok is Song Kang-ho’s son.
Okay, so on to the teasers. The two character teasers feature Song Kang-ho in character as the face reader, telling the fortunes of these people based on their facial features. But the “fortunes” are meta jokes on the actors’ real lives and resumes, and so you get a series of hilarious premonitions with in-joke references to their dramas and movies.
Via Osen