Brown Eyes: Yoon Gun & Na Ul

songielove

Hello there! Thank you for this thread. I've finally got to know a little bit of them. I heard Yoon Gun from "The Sad Love Song" OST and later found out he was part of Brown Eyes. I managed to find an MV for one of their tracks but they didn't appear in it so I never knew what they look like ........... that is, until now!

I must say they are not bad looking .......... charismatic with great voices!!! Now would like to own their albums!!! :wub:

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^Yes!~ It's a MUST to own their albums..~ also their solo works and projects ^_^ .~ :rolleyes: And yes~ they didn't appear in any of their MVs.~ That's why i was even more in love w/ YOON GUN when he came out w/ his first solo song and he was in his MV!!!!!!~ omg.. that's gotta be my most favorite MV ever!!~ haha it's "Brown Hair" featuring KimBumSoo~ ^_^ Thanks for stopping by the thread!! :P

I absolutely LOVE Brown Eyes and was very disappointed when they I heard they broke up. My favorite song of theirs is "Already One Year"..it was one of the few songs that got me hooked to Korean music.

*Hah.... "Already A Year"... that's a lovely piece hehe.~ You should hear Yoon Gun's remake of it--> "Time Flies By" it's in english and is slower*~ hehe... i think it's my official favorite song!~ :P haha

Maybe a sample of his first album will do :sweatingbullets: ?? [track #13: "Time Flies By" :wub:]:

http://www.melon.com/gnb2/new_album/album_..._albumId=33910#

credits to melon.com ;)

Could you recommend a site where I could order their albums, group or solo, from? Since I don't read Hangul, an English web site would be much prefered. Thanks.

Guest glitzyglam

Ah~ I love Brown Eyes! But I only have their 1st album. T.T

It's so good! My fav. song on it is Love is Over. SUCH a good song! <3

Why did they disband? They were so awesome.

Guest alexakim

^*Gasp* alexakim: You are so awesome!!~ i love you!!~ haha.. So in love w/ that song and his voice... do you happen to have translations??? gah... he's hot-sounding haha :P BUT YOU ROCK!!!*~ ^_^

MERRY [LATE] CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!!

Was j/ in the mood for watching some MVs of BrownEyes.. so i did!!*~ hehe. I also saw YoonGun's "Will You Come to Me?" which was in his Sad Love Story OST album~*hehe... reminiscence... :P

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!~

YOON GUN'S B-DAY is coming!!*~ January 1st!! yay!!!~*~ :wub:

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR TOO!! ^^

I'm glad we can be friends because of our lovely Brown Eyes! *~

I'd like to find the translation first, okay?

And can I post the link of the song here? I heard you can't post downloadable links in the thread >.<

Guest I<3fttsxD

finally I found this thread after years and years of searching *exaggeration* comeon guys only 3 pages this duo was one that produced great music for the ears surely there are more fans :D

oooo btw my name is Jenna XD

cheka: I've bought all my copies of their albums @ yesasia.com.~ i think there might still be some in stock!!~* hehe :D Or maybe you can check out annyoung.com!~ i haven't checked there.~ but give it a try!~

glitzyglam: hi!~ welcome to this awesome thread!~ hehe :D hmm.. i think they disbanded b/c of some contract thing.~ something about the producers and yoongun.. :( i will find the article again and post it up for yah~! ^_^

alexakim: haha~ They're lovely all right!!~ yay!!~ another BROWNEYES-FAN BUDDY!!~ B) hmm.. no. cannot post up downloadable links :( . If you could, i would already. But no haha :P . Instead, you can have ppl PM you if they want to listen to it~ and you can give them the link through PMs. ;) awe~ so sweet!!~ yes!-- you can find the translations and post them up here!!~ haha.~ love you so much!~ Thankies!!~* :D

oh Jenna!!~* haha.. it's me! songie from the shinhwa thread!!~ there was a link on my sig>> did you know that?? haha~ thanks for visiting the thread!! they are truly a classic... :wub: ~

^oh i see hahahahaha :lol: i think i need to go to sleep that's why... hmm.. let me go find that article for glitzyglam first ;)

okay glitzyglam, here's the whole article:

----------------------------------

Yoon Gun Departs from Brown Eyes

23.05.2003 - 8:38:03 PM

Brown Eyes member, Yoon Gun, has cut all ties with his record company Gab Entertainment as part of his legal action against them for breach of contract. Yoon Gun requested the immediate termination of his contract with the company in order to pursue a solo career.

Yoon Gun, who wrote, composed and produced most of the songs in both of Brown Eye's albums including the title tracks 'Already One Year' and 'Little by Little' revealed that the company interfered incessantly in his production of the music. Furthermore, he claimed that he did not receive royalties promised for the two albums.

Yoong Gun had signed his 3 year Brown Eyes contract in November 2000. Gab Entertainment accepted his departure.

Later, Gab Entertainment revealed their plans to continue Brown Eyes centered on the remaining member Nahul. One or possibly two new members will be introduced and they will undergo a name change as well. The new name will be Brown Eyed Soul. The company announced that world-renowned producers like R. Kelly and Babyface would be working on the Brown Eyes Soul album which is due to be released in November.

Brown Eyes released their first album in June 2001 and they immediately caused a sensation by remaining faceless for several months and never performing in gayo shows in order "to be known for their music". The curiosity which this bought enabled them to sell more than 800,000 copies of their debut album. The duo then gained further recognition when they were chosen as official 2002 World Cup artists along with Lena Park, Chemistry and Soweloo. Their 2nd album released last November has also been highly successfully selling more than 700,000 copies so far.

credits/source to: SoKorean.com

--------------------------------------

There's an official source too. But i can't find it right now.. really late and i gotta go to sleep hehe. But it's the same of course. ^_^

so it was violation of contract that was <_< darnit.

Guest alexakim

alexakim: haha~ They're lovely all right!!~ yay!!~ another BROWNEYES-FAN BUDDY!!~ B) hmm.. no. cannot post up downloadable links :( . If you could, i would already. But no haha :P . Instead, you can have ppl PM you if they want to listen to it~ and you can give them the link through PMs. ;) awe~ so sweet!!~ yes!-- you can find the translations and post them up here!!~ haha.~ love you so much!~ Thankies!!~* :D

아.. too bad >.< I really want to.. ㅠ.ㅠ

Btw, have you visited 유나얼's cyworld? Its so cool!! ^^

I already asked 1촌 (such added) to him, and I already sent messages too!

Do you also want me to post any lyrics of theirs?

I have most of all ^^

cheka: I've bought all my copies of their albums @ yesasia.com.~ i think there might still be some in stock!!~* hehe :D Or maybe you can check out annyoung.com!~ i haven't checked there.~ but give it a try!~

Thanks, songie. I have checked with yesasia.com but they are all out of print. Will check out annyoung.com.

jenna: There's NaUl's solo album if that's not what you meant by 'Brown Eyed Soul' album :sweatingbullets: . But other than that, no i've no clue what's up w/ him.~ and i'm so bad~ i went on his cyworld once haha.~ But didn't have a chance to explore. i guess i will go again then!~*i've most of their lyrics too~! haha, but yes!~ of course you can post them up for all of us here!!*~ seeing that this thread is moving a bit slow~ we can always use some lyrics!!~ and i wish i could post some pics, but y'know... kinda hard to find :( ..

cheka: hehe.~ Good luck then!~ ^_^ you'll find them soon!~ sorry not so much help here :sweatingbullets:

oh hey!~ i think i yahooed this a long time ago haha :lol:

yoongun_peace.jpg

yoongun_aboutmusic.jpg

i don't think i shared them yet :sweatingbullets: ... but of course--> it's YOON GUN!!~ cannot find any pics of NaUl... :( please feel free to share if you've managed to have found some of either one of them!!~ haha ^_^

YAY!!~ i'm so in the mood!!*~ :w00t:

I<3fttsxD: jenna, i agree!!~ ah... after hearing him solo, it made me fall in deeper love w/ him...~* :wub:

alexakim: :w00t: AHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU ARE EXTREMELY AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D ~ first time seeing NaUl [updated] hahahhahah.~ <3 you and NaUl!!*~ THANKS so MUCH!!! hmm.. is this from his cyworld??~ haha..~ you are lovely!!~

Brown Eyes need to come back together...~ they'll be the hottest group :sweatingbullets:

AHH!!~ :w00t::w00t:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOON GUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(in Korea that is :sweatingbullets: , for the US, it'll be tomorrow!!)

The gorgeous YoonGun is 29 in the US, and 30 in Korea!!~ haha :P still looking hot... :blush: ~

^yeah.~ that is awesome!!~ i wish him well and happiness!~ * :D he's the best!!~ haha~ ^_^

well... i found his OST album and his 2nd solo album @ annyoung.com..--> here's the link:

http://www.annyoung.com/cdstore/merchant.m...Search=Yoon+Gun

Oooh.~ and also both of BrownEyes' albums includingin NaUl's solo:

http://www.annyoung.com/cdstore/merchant.m...arch=Brown+Eyes

i admit the prices are a bit higher than it was when i got them @ yesasia, but they're still worth it!!~ :P

Guest breath

Thanks for the thread. I love them Very much!!!

Their albums were fantastic!!! and I can say they are one of my everlasting fav duo of my list.

However, for their separate works, I love Yungon much more than Naul.

yoongun_aboutmusic.jpg

Wow~ Yungon is cute :rolleyes: This pix resemble Park Shin Yang from Lover in Paris to me :P (But Yungon seems lots younger than PSY keke)

Archived