Nam Joo Hyuk 남주혁

melleri

Wait he had BRACES?  omg this baby  :tears:

503d49a321975cb7ec2b050a53c7a1ca.jpg

Netizens don't blame him, they called him one of the biggest victims lol.  

@phichul If you want to take over, let me know.  It's easy for a mod to transfer ownership.  I don't know much about the guy, but I do like him so if a bigger fan wants the thread please take it from me.   If anyone wants to put anything in the intro also please let me know. 

• Like 6

Guest sweeteakisses

Please post more videos of NJH or articles! I'm still trying to know him better :lol: 

Thank you~♡

Thank you so much @melissala :wub: 

his singing is so cute lol

when he was on MAMA

NJH modeling :3 he's so cool!!!

at seoul fashion week

he's a good basketball player too. .

Edited by baby.hae
  • Like 5

When I get over my YiBi feels I'm going to have to go watch Surplus Princess.  The couple he's in looks adorable.  Plus dat height difference again. :w00t:  Of course he's going to have a height difference in every drama I think lol 

@baby.hae

No problem!  Hope he's busy soon so we can keep the thread active. 

Edited by melissala
  • Like 6

He is adorable, and has an amazing physique. :w00t: He definitely stole my heart in WAY and I will be keeping an eye on him in the future. Maybe he'll be the next Lee Jong Suk/Kim Woo Bin. Name dropping them since they're also models turned actors and quite popular now, and I also like them as well. :phew:

I watched the first episode of Surplus Princess months ago, but I'm not sure if I wish to continue it, even for NJH. ;P I did watch his kissing scene from the drama though, and it's so cute the way he really pouts his lips. :lol:

• Like 6

He is adorable, and has an amazing physique. :w00t: He definitely stole my heart in WAY and I will be keeping an eye on him in the future. Maybe he'll be the next Lee Jong Suk/Kim Woo Bin. Name dropping them since they're also models turned actors and quite popular now, and I also like them as well. :phew:

I watched the first episode of Surplus Princess months ago, but I'm not sure if I wish to continue it, even for NJH. ;P I did watch his kissing scene from the drama though, and it's so cute the way he really pouts his lips. :lol:

I hope so too! Many model turned actor already became A-list top actor! Jo In Sung, Cha Seung Won, Song Seung Hun, Kang Dong Won, So Ji Sub, Joo Ji Hoon is all model turned actor. Not to mention the trend Kim Woo Bin and Lee Jong Suk! I hope NJH continue to grow as a good actor, because I know that he's a hardworking person and it would make him to always learning and doing his best

yes, I wanna watch Surplus Princess too for NJH but he's supporting character and make a few apperance, so I ended to skip so much part then didn't understannd what this drama is about. .lol, his character is so cute btw lol

he already done a kiss scene in SP. here is the clip :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Fh71eDH5o8

• Like 6

Guest powerpuff75_stv

If he does say such shocking things during interviews... I would be surprised.  Cos it doesn’t take much common sense to know what to say when its appearing in the press unless someone wants to end his entertainment route on purpose.

Wonder how the answers are derived this way.  In his arirang interviews, he did well.

He must be getting popular to have antis editing articles about him already:sweatingbullets:

Here's the full interview  :  https://thesunnytown.wordpress.com/2015/03/02/february-2015-allure-nam-joo-hyuk-this-boys-eyes-interview/

He should probably learn to word things better sometimes,  but he's also a young guy, it's expected and he'll learn.  Seems the reporter did something wrong too though. 

Edited by melissala
  • Like 3

Guest sweeteakisses

Mm.. I will see how much he has changed in his upcoming interviews. But I'm thinking the way he behaves.. Could it be he was picked on a lot for his accent and pronounciation (braces gone wrong)? If that's the case I really think he shouldn't bother too much about it? And don't tell me the abusive crap started long ago? (Bad tempered) 

Edited by sweeteakisses

Guest snowstorm87

I do see where the criticisms for his acting are coming from for School 2015, but I don’t think it’s bad at all compared to a lot of other actors in drama. In his interview, he mentioned he has a hard time acting out emotional scenes and that’s what most people criticized him for, especially for not opening crying at "Eun Byul’s memorial". But I thought that scene was just fine. I felt the grief that he was trying to portray and I don’t think it was necessary for him to cry. The criticisms for not openly crying at that scenes reminds me of Meursault in The Stranger where the other characters judged him for not crying at his mom’s memorial and that fact was unjustly used against him. 

It’s just that YA’s character expresses grief differently. He’s not supposed to have moist eyes in every scene. YA is a character who mostly struggles internally and it’s hard to read him. Instead, he used swam endlessly for hours as an outlet for his grief. I do believe that was intentional for his character so most viewers were unable to feel for him. 

Guest powerpuff75_stv

He will get better... just at the receiving end of the stick for being promoted to first lead in too short a time.  I would say he could have done better with Yi-An’s role but it was decent sophomore effort overall.  I think the whole fiasco with School 2015 and the hate he received might actually be a good thing.  Its only through learning curves that one learns to be better.  He seems to have gotten away with a lot in the past for just being handsome but now he probably realizes even with good looks its not enough to please everyone... a good script, better acting and solid productions make a character memorable.  I think from this experience, he will know how to evolve into a better entertainer and mature more as a person as well in his thinking and actions.

In my opinion everyone should be a member of the Yoo Jaesuk Club.  Thats the reputation that creates legends in the industry.

I hope so too! Many model turned actor already became A-list top actor! Jo In Sung, Cha Seung Won, Song Seung Hun, Kang Dong Won, So Ji Sub, Joo Ji Hoon is all model turned actor. Not to mention the trend Kim Woo Bin and Lee Jong Suk! I hope NJH continue to grow as a good actor, because I know that he's a hardworking person and it would make him to always learning and doing his best

yes, I wanna watch Surplus Princess too for NJH but he's supporting character and make a few apperance, so I ended to skip so much part then didn't understannd what this drama is about. .lol, his character is so cute btw lol

he already done a kiss scene in SP. here is the clip :

Hidden Content

His kisses are cute.  He sticks out his lips...  :phew:  His pronunciation is much better in School too.  Def. improvement.   I wish there was a complete video of just his parts so I wouldn't have to watch the whole thing lol 

@powerpuff75_stv

I kind of wonder how much criticism for his acting in the Korean press or by netizens.  They did not like YA, but called him a victim of the writing/drama..  I know ifans criticized him a lot, but while he was def. inexperienced I find some of it is just bias towards his character.... I still mostly blame the writing for not giving him much to do.   

His character was also not that showy.  He was quiet and kept to himself.  I don't have much issue with him not crying hysterically (like TK did at times) because they are different characters and it was in character for YA to be more cold and calm.  

He'll improve.  I don't think he's bad at all.  YA came across as bland at times, but he was never a hindrance to the drama (other than to shipppers lol)  NJH is much better being cute than broody I will say though.  He should do more of that. 

Edited by melissala
  • Like 4

Guest phichul

@melissala

Its okay. i'm new too with him :sweatingbullets:. I'm gonna help you to compile his interview so people can get to know him better. and I'm still edit his pic :sweatingbullets: . i want to make it pretty lol. (oh you already found the only blog that translate joo hyuk interview : sunnytown. how about put that in first page?)

i heard that too.. once you gather antis thats mean you're getting popular..  oh how do you know that netizen comment he's being big victim of drama? can you read hangul? 

@baby.hae

you should watch him singing here! he suddenly shy in the middle of singing.. cute. (actually he prefer called manly than cute :D )

@sweeteakisses

yeah he really is straight forward. maybe because he is from busan?. busan man known for being blunt. and he is still in early 20 so yeah and he just start his carrer? so seems like he still inexperience how to answer the question from reporter in better way... but if you read all of his interview, i think he really just honest n innoncent. 

from what i read so far, he really is hardworking guy and still so passionate to achieve his dream! so i'm sure he gonna improve his acting skill. based on his latest update in instagram, that show how much he really want to learn more in acting field and challange to another role with better image.and i'm sure he read all those critizm toward him! thats why he said he lacks a lot and still dissapointing with himself after saw his acting in school 2015. 

btw i hope one of us can read hangul... its gonna be really helpfull :) . 

Edited by phichul

Guest Ponyobird

I really hope to see him in another leading role soon! He's perfect for school dramas but I'm sure he won't do another high school drama right away. 

In school2015 I fell for his character the moment I saw him! Glad someone started a thread for him!

he's still inexperience about the interview thing. he seems like very innoncent kid lol. It just his 2 year after his debut so its very understandable. Maybe he's still clueless about all the PR thing, because sometime in interview, you don't say a thing from your own mind but what people want to hear instead

@phichull he's very adorable! he seems embarassed that make him cute! lol

I think she's refer to this : http://kkuljaem.blogspot.com/2015/06/spoilers-high-society-hwajung-school_15.html

9. [+78, -5] The biggest victims of this drama: Gong Tae Kwang, Go Eun Byul, Nam Joo Hyuk and, the viewers

NJH deliver his character well,. It just han yian that have many lack in term of the writing even knetz called him a victim of this drama, though NJH already doing well with han yian, but the character itself is frustating to them and make them to hate han yian

After see the response of knetz, I find it interesting. I believe people who said NJH acting is bad are not even watching the drama or they are just bias. In those articles, knetz mentioned about bad acting of lee yeon hee, uee, im jiyeon but no one mentioned NJH. You know knetz never bias when it comes from acting, they would say bad is bad though its their faves (kim tae he is a korean goddes, yet they always criticize her because of her bad acting). 

I think is not difficult to see a person whether they are bad acting or not because if they are bad, it make you felt frustated because you can't concentrate to the drama. He's the lead actor and has a lot screentime, if his acting is bad, why even knetz ( who's very sharp about how the actor acting) not said anything. Personally, I can concentrate very well to this drama because all those young cast seriously so good in acting. I could feel that NJH deliver HYA well, I could feel his emotion when he was sad, angry or happy. For the rookie who just doing one drama before, I could say that he's good. 

I am not worried about his acting because I think he's very passionate to act and will work hard to it. I am looking forward to his next project and hoping that he could choose a better character than this 

Edited by baby.hae
  • Like 4

Guest sweeteakisses

Its cute how he described his ideal type. He is so realistic. I like! Haha don't kill me but he said he like girls who look cute and fierce, reminds me of EBY xD