Guest ororomunroe

I have the impression that In Ho will become a sort of "older brother" to HS, especially when you see how he is able to manage Jun! The little brother who tried to avoid work, but In Ho is here to remind him of his work! We all saw that HS' family treated In Ho as part of the family. Jun is the favourite child and is spoiled, while HS has to live under high expectations and finally ends up to be the one who has to sacrifice! In Ho acting in her family could be for her another support... I can imagine that he would try to defend HS' interests!  

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

End of term evaluations are now par for the course for universities or any kind of tertiary institution. It's considered both good teaching and business practice. I do it with mine and I'm required to write a post-evaluation report each term. "Reflection" is the now the new hip in education. :D 

I did my last degree online and at the end of term, students were asked to fill in a survey. When I first started that degree I wasn't really impressed with how it was managed but I suspect that student complaints saw many student improvements because from the messageboards, it was clear that the level of dissatisfaction was already very high.

Even before Jung came on the scene, Witch Kang's classes were already highly unpopular. She had a reputation of being hard nosed. Only students who were unable to get into the other classes would attend hers very reluctantly.

It's the little things in this show that makes it very special. But the little things between the leads are... in my opinion... to die for. The kiss on the bench although fantastic is merely the culmination of the little gestures. The hand touching scene in the hospital was to me about the exploration and discovery of intimacy. When Jung inserts the coin into the vending machine, when he grabs her arm and asks her if she'd like to date him and then lets go ever so reluctantly at her uncertainty. When he thrills over the fact that he's mastered the art of peeling off the kimbap wrapper, when he closes in ever slowly and delicately to hug her for the first time. When the hug lingers and then you see that he never wants to let her go. When he touches her fingers, when he taps her lightly on the forehead. When he slides in and grabs her by the hand and says he wants everyone to know that he's claiming bragging rights. When the belligerent neighbour approaches them, he puts himself in front of her. When he picks her off the stairs and carries her to her room, when he puts his arm around her and walk off with their friends and when clutches her hand as she's trying to talk her brother out of hiring In-ho.

The slow and steady progression from awkwardness to an eagerness for growing intimacy is a delight to behold. The writer/PD are amazing.

Surely they won't torture us with all these scenes only to pull the rug from under us. 

That's why I wonder at times if Jung is an alien from another planet, a Starman character, discovering what it means to be human, to love. :lol: Or Zettai Kareshi's Android. ;) Don't know if it's just PHJ... but he's such a boy about it 

It makes me think of that little verse in Hamlet:

Doubt thou the stars have fire

Doubt that the sun doth move

Doubt truth to be a liar

But never doubt I love.

I feel like Professor Kang is actually a pretty good professor. Although, she may be harsh, she is teaching them a lesson about life and that can be very helpful later on. College students are basically adults. They don't need to be babied anymore. You see that Seol took Professor Kang's advice and tried to communicate with her group to the best of her abilities. She didn't give up on them.

Yea. Same here. I have to fill out course evaluations at the end of every semester to let the teacher know if there are any complaints regarding the class and what else the Professor can do to improve for future classes. Evaluations/ Reflections do seem to be the trend lately. Professors want to help the students as much as possible since the students are paying money to attend the school. The professors want to make sure they get the help that they need to pass the class.

I've argued the exact same thing as that blogger... Jung is an anti-hero. He doesn't fit the mould. He's not outright villainous but he's got Machiavellian tendencies which aren't whitewashed in this drama.

I think it's hard for people to get their heads around the fact that a guy can be manipulative one moment and be a really lovely boyfriend the next. It's a huge paradigm shift.

Edit: Just think about how we feel about our politicians. We don't trust them much and justifiably so. But they are also spouses, parents and somebody's child. If you look at it this way, it's not a huge leap really.

Yeah here in India too semester end evaluations are important part of the courses. I remember we used to be ruthless giving our feedbacks about our teachers....it way to channel our annoyance with the prof....sort of payback time. LOL. But no seriously, these evaluations are important tools, and can sometimes lead to cancellation of courses and even change of prof. 

@40somethingahjumma

Oh you mentioned the tapping of head by yoo jung! After the hand hold if anything makes me melt is the way jung caresses her hair. Whether it was during the time of her slipping into his arms, or during the time he picks her up from the institute - absolutely adorable...it seemed he was waiting all day just to play with her bangs. The sheer affection, joy and playfulness radiating out of Jung in that scene strikes the heartstrings. 

You and @pixelviking are so right, it's the small things that matter the most. Like for instance every time when Seol and Jung meet, you can see Seol just running excitedly towards him...like outside the institution...or in epi 8 before they went out to drink...or when she met him outside her family's restaurant...Sunbae! *rushes towards him, like he's the only person in the world* 

And these days as @MrsSoJiSub said she is glowing so much. from the previous dull Seol, she has become such a happy person being in a relationship...how else can you portray a relationship so beautiful in the most subtle manner. I just love the intamcy grew so naturally...with their everyday conversations and kimbap dates bringing in the comfort and to this Jung's protectiveness - whether it was making her comfortable about their proximity or saving her from embarrassment in front of bully sunbae's- played a huge role

P.S. the gif behind...cracks me up so much..in a good way...the one where he picks her out of that garden...haha, now who'd bother to jump out when you have a boyfriend to carry you out...look at Seol's swag, she just stretches her arms and whoop she's out...as if it was no big deal...they indeed have come a long way from the awkward slips and falls over the bed.

10 minutes ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

I've argued the exact same thing as that blogger... Jung is an anti-hero. He doesn't fit the mould. He's not outright villainous but he's got Machiavellian tendencies which aren't whitewashed in this drama.

I think it's hard for people to get their heads around the fact that a guy can be manipulative one moment and be a really lovely boyfriend the next. It's a huge paradigm shift.

Edit: Just think about how we feel about our politicians. We don't trust them much and justifiably so. But they are also spouses, parents and somebody's child. If you look at it this way, it's not a huge leap really.

Wow you're right. I guess the way we think is being molded by what we see around us. That affects our views on life. I guess people got used to seeing a certain male lead character that when Yoo Jung appeared, they were thrown off balance. I guess that's why there are so much people who ship Seol with Baek In Ho since he fits the mold of a regular type of male lead that they seen in almost every drama. Just my thoughts on this matter.

Poor KGE neck. I just started noticing that in almost all their scenes she has to look way up to look at PHJ. Even when he does his manner legs she still has to look hella up. I guess that's the price she has to pay for getting paid to do what I would for free no money asked for or needed :P Wait, in the one interview she said "kisses" implying more than one right? I read the webtoon and I know Jung and Seol it may have taken them foooorrrrrreeeevvvveeeerrrrrr to share a first kiss (I swear I thought it would never happen) but after that yeah they kiss a lot and get ever more intimate

Spoiler

Have they had s e x. There is a scene in the webtoon where Seol spends the night at Jung's and they was flirty and kissing and such, then the scene cuts off and the next day they're all adorable with her in his shirt walking around his apartment while he heats up the breakfast the ahjumma who takes care of his house made. Did they or did they not "make some of the love" that nigh? It was kind of a 30, 60 split with 30% of readers thinking they did the deed while 70% they did not. I'm not sure if they have or they have not. Seol was shy cute a bit awkward the next morning but I don't know. All I know is I want that scene of her staying the night in the drama and also the scenes where she comes to his apartment (I think it happens like 3 or 4 more times). There is so much cute coupely stuff I want to see.

The scene where he bandages her after her fight with Minsoo. The one where she bandages him after his fight with Inho. Jung going to meet her high school friends even though they had fought and she was scared he wouldn't come. Oh the scene where Seol missed him because she hadn't seen him in days (he was busy with internship stuff) so she runs and hugs him tight and says how much she missed him and how she thought he had forgotten her and he laughs at her and tells her how silly that is and that he could never. Or the scene where they go to buy ice-cream (not to eat) and they kiss. I need that back hug scene or I will never forgive the drama LOL. There are so many cutesome Seol/Jung scenes they have already omitted (why did they take out the cute smiley "fighting" for the second group work we saw in ep 8? Or the one where Jung surprised her in the bushes before they were dating. Oh the one where Jung and Seol are being cute look at each other smiling and some students walk by so Seol freaks and lets go his hand and stops smiling at him LOL) if they take out more I will rage. They better give me the cute couple moments of season 3-4 in the webtoon.

One of my favorite scenes in the last two eps is when Jung announces to the class they are dating. Everything about that scene was just so cute. Seol was being Seol and Jung was being his no richard simmons given self LOL. I love him mouthing to her move over and then just pushing her over to sit, or how he looks at her like "what" after he announces it, then her not letting him see the paper cause she's mad, and his smile of just loving it all :wub: Also how cute was it when she was walking ahead of him all out of sorts at him for announcing it like that. Then he catches up, takes holds her hand, and says why not, he's going to brag about them being together :wub: The cafeteria scene where she complains about her new found fame being one half of the campus "It" couple and him just laughing at everything she is..dkhvpusdfiphok;hsdok;hcolhgko...they're just so cute, and happy, and natural, and 'them' together. I'm always like this :D when I watch their scenes. I really enjoy their moments and find squeal worthy their just being together (holding hands, talking, smiling at each other) than their kissing (though I enjoy that too and that made me sound like a peeping tom perv LOL).

Are 16 episodes too less for this show?:phew: First i thought it would be 20....then just recently i found out its 16 :(

With all the spoilers i am reading, i'm wondering when and how will they accommodate all these (although i know, as some of u have suggested, that the pace has been good)

7 minutes ago, MrsSoJiSub said:

Poor KGE neck. I just started noticing that in almost all their scenes she has to look way up to look at PHJ. Even when he does his manner legs she still has to look hella up. I guess that's the price she has to pay for getting paid to do what I would for free not money asked or needed :P Wait, in the one interview she said "kisses" implying more than one right? I read the webtoon and I know Jung and Seol it may have taken them foooorrrrrreeeevvvveeeerrrrrr to share a first kiss (I swear I thought it would never happen) but after that yeah they kiss a lot and get ever more intimate

Reveal hidden contents

Have they had s e x. There is a scene in the webtoon where Seol spends the night at Jung's and they was flirty and kissing and such, then the scene cuts off and the next day they're all adorable with her in his shirt walking around his apartment while he heats up the breakfast the ahjumma who takes care of his house made. Did they or did they not "make some of the love" that nigh? It was kind of a 30, 60 split with 30% of readers thinking they did the deed while 70% they did not. I'm not sure if they have or they have not. Seol was shy cute a bit awkward the next morning but I don't know. All I know is I want that scene of her staying the night in the drama and also the scenes where she comes to his apartment (I think it happens like 3 or 4 more times). There is so much cute coupely stuff I want to see.

The scene where he banages her after her fight with Minsoo. The one where she banages him after his fight with Inho. Jung going to meet her high school friends even though they had fought and she was scared he wouldn't come. Oh the scene where Seol missed him because she hadn't scene him in days (he was busy with internship stuff) so she runs and hugs him tight and says how much she missed him and how she thought he had forgotten her and he laughs at her and tells her how silly that is and that he could never. Or the scene where they go to buy ice-cream (not to eat) and they kiss. I need that back hug scene or I will never forgive the drama LOL. There are so many cutesome Seol/Jung scenes they have already omitted (why did they take out the cute smiley "fighting" for the second group work we saw in ep 8? Or the one where Jung surprised her in the bushes before they were dating. Oh the one where and Seol are being cute look at each other smiling and some students walk by so Seol freaks and lets go his hand and stops smiling at him LOL) if they take out more I will rage. They better give me the cute couple moments of season 3-4 in the webtoon.

One of my favorite scenes in the last two eps is when Jung announces to the class they are dating. Everything about that scene was just so cute. Seol was being Seol and Jung was being his no richard simmons given self LOL. I love him mouthing to her move over and then just pushing her over to sit, or how he looks at her like "what" after he announces it, then her not letting him see the paper cause she's mad, and his smile of just loving it all :wub: Also how cute was it when she was walking ahead of him all out of sorts at him for announcing it like that. Then he catches up, takes holds her hand, and says why not, he's going to brag about them being together :wub: The cafeteria scene where she complains about her new found fame being one half of the campus "It" couple and him just laughing at everything she is..dkhvpusdfiphok;hsdok;hcolhgko...they're just so cute, and happy, and natural, and 'them' together. I'm always like this :D when I watch their scenes. I really enjoy their moments and find squeal worthy their just being together (holding hands, talking, smiling at each other) than their kissing (though I enjoy that too and that made me sound like a peeping tom perv LOL).

LOL. i feel bad for her too. PHJ is freaking tall. I think he's like 6ft or taller but I can't be too sure since I don't know the exact numbers. Poor KGE.

I like their interactions too, all of their couple like interactions. That scene when Yoo Jung announced that they were dating, I was embarrassed too along with Seol. And if you're a peeping tom perv by enjoying the kiss, then that makes us all peeping toms since we are all watching them.

17 minutes ago, MrsSoJiSub said:

Hide contents

Spoiler

You can also add that one scene when Seol goes to YJ's house after hearing that YJ helped Eun teak "neutralize" YG. They argue and in a heated moment Seol grabs YJ's collar and in the process spill her cofee on her hand+sleeve. When they have reconciled, they are kissing when suddenly Seol says "what are you doing ?" and he's like "you stained your cloths". The whole time we can't see where are YJ's hands. It is heavily implied that he's taking off her top.:wub:

@debolina I hoped and prayed for this drama to be 20 eps too, but then they announced it would only be 16 :( and well they are moving pretty fast and covering a lot of things (even if they do it differently and put their own twist on it) so I'm not too worried that we won't get to the essentials of what we must get to. I am greedy and wanted 20 eps so I could get all the couple cute stuff I always wanted to see come to life while reading the webtoon :) 

@coffeeboy what chapter was this? I forget some of the webtoon so much. which chapter and let me go read it stat LOL.

@ochuchuchan thank you. too bad oddsquad is blocked at my internship site where I am until I go home in 2 weeks for a visit :( guess I'll re-read it then.

Also my bad ya'll. San Chul doesn't have Jung's number (I thought it was weird that he would have a separate number for those who bother him like Younggon and then give someone like San Chul his real number. But alas only that one friend Kwang something that is always with him has the number and not San Chul. This makes me feel a little better and I understand what he was doing more (he has/had two phones and numbers he has. A real number to his real friends/people he don't mind hearing from, and a fake number for annoying people he wishes to avoid) still doesn't make what he did any better but at least I can now buy it was unintended/unknown that it would get that far and that bad

ETA: Omo MinSeol and YoungJung are both alike. I just realized that YoungJung used Jung's cellphone trick on Euntaek. There are no pictures of Bora in his phone like thee are no texts messages between him and "Yoo Jung" in Jung's. Man these crazy kids all in one university.

@40somethingahjumma

Yes! I agree with what you said about the little gestures and touches. Perhaps I am suffering from overload from more Westernised dramas where mushing of the lips and clothes flying off are the norm. It's nice to see the details from the PD and the romantic moments.

I was hooked ever since YJ played with her bangs and never treated her as dog fur. And the conversation they had when they were looking through the photo album. It was so natural! The smiles, the banter - I felt like it was PHJ and KGE talking comfortably with each other.

2 hours ago, Emily Pun said:

I feel like Professor Kang is actually a pretty good professor. Although, she may be harsh, she is teaching them a lesson about life and that can be very helpful later on. College students are basically adults. They don't need to be babied anymore. You see that Seol took Professor Kang's advice and tried to communicate with her group to the best of her abilities. She didn't give up on them.

It all depends on what you mean by "good". ;) Nobody with any common sense would disagree with what she said there.

I consider myself a strict teacher and I've slapped down students for similar types of issues. But her pedagogy seems rather problematic to me. Maybe there's a lot more going on then they could fit into the drama but from a teaching point of view, when students are given a task, they should be clear on exactly what they are required to do and what they will be assessed on. If team work is the point of the entire exercise, then she should have said so from the beginning. It should be documented clearly on the task sheet which doubles up as a marking guide. It's the whole bait and switch thing that doesn't sit well with me. If the students don't even know what they're being assessed on or what the weighting of the teamwork element is, then her teaching approach needs to be called into question.

2 hours ago, Emily Pun said:

Wow you're right. I guess the way we think is being molded by what we see around us. That affects our views on life. I guess people got used to seeing a certain male lead character that when Yoo Jung appeared, they were thrown off balance. 

In real life, people aren't really all that consistent either. Just because a man beats up other men even for the best of reasons, for instance, it doesn't mean he will beat up women. I know a young fellow who has been diagnosed with schizophrenia and while he can be pedantic, he's fully functioning and married. And here's another kicker, just because a person's politics is not yours, it doesn't make them a worse sinner than you are. :P 

The world is a very big place with a lot of people in it.

8 hours ago, MrsSoJiSub said:

Jung is a child who needs professional help because the way he's been raised to view and deal with people is just...you can't go on this way. He needs to be taught genuine kindness towards others.

Hi, I tend to agree with most of what you write, but with regards to Jung is a child, I have to disagree. I find him way more mature than all his friends (I think due to his upbringing). And with regards to genuine kindness, I think being nice and friendly is enough. He is not training to be a saint or something, he is brought up to run a company.

----------------------

To all soompi users or new thread comers. *waving* *saying hello*, I just want to highlight that you can back read all the posts when you come. Its good to back read because Soompi is a global site so we are all on different timezones.

At the top of the page and as well as the bottom you can see in this pix

page.jpg

There are page numbers, which you can click to read any page. For me when I wake up, I see the thread is now on page 195 but I last left off at 193, so I can back read what happened when I was sleeping. :)

4 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

It's the little things in this show that makes it very special. But the little things between the leads are... in my opinion... to die for. The kiss on the bench although fantastic is merely the culmination of the little gestures. The hand touching scene in the hospital was to me about the exploration and discovery of intimacy. When Jung inserts the coin into the vending machine, when he grabs her arm and asks her if she'd like to date him and then lets go ever so reluctantly at her uncertainty. When he thrills over the fact that he's mastered the art of peeling off the kimbap wrapper, when he closes in ever slowly and delicately to hug her for the first time. When the hug lingers and then you see that he never wants to let her go. When he touches her fingers, when he taps her lightly on the forehead. When he slides in and grabs her by the hand and says he wants everyone to know that he's claiming bragging rights. When the belligerent neighbour approaches them, he puts himself in front of her. When he picks her off the stairs and carries her to her room, when he puts his arm around her and walk off with their friends and when clutches her hand as she's trying to talk her brother out of hiring In-ho.

The slow and steady progression from awkwardness to an eagerness for growing intimacy is a delight to behold. The writer/PD are amazing.

Love what you said here. Yes all the little things are amazing. 

Maybe webtoon fans can highlight the parts that were already in the webtoon and those that were added by the drama cast.

-----------------------------

Archived