22 minutes ago, homura said:

They didn't break up. Bang-Won just told her with tears in his eyes "The (childlike) play is over. I can't play with you from this out". It was a farewell to his innocent childhood.

I absolutely agree with u. Yesterday I didn't watch ep 31 and I only read netizen cmts. In this morning, I have watched cut scene. Exactly, BW said that  " 놀이는 끝났다 ", this line have meaning as @homura explained. But almost news in articles also translate to eng as they over from now. I feel sad bc I will see their funny or romantic scenes. But I feel that BY will be better from now. At least, she will not be involve in relationship BW and LM. 

• Like 7

Guys, need some assurance. I am aware of BW's achievements but I want to know in koreans point of view. I am not korean, I only read what is written in the wikipedia which I know may be different from the korean history books. What does korean thinks of King Taejong today and in the past ? During his reign did it experience peace and prosperity? I wanna know how the government works made by Jeong Do Jeon? Do you think the commoners and slaves could benefit from this and able to work in the government? I know if there is no King Taejong, there will be no hangul. But what If there's no King Taejong , do you think JDJ's plan for Joseon will be successful? How is he sure that the next prime minister are not corrupt? And the lives of the royal family will not be threatened? Did people accept BW's legitimacy to the throne after killing his half brothers and becoming the third king?

• Like 4

육룡이 나르샤 32회
방송일 :  2016.01.19 22:00  

초영에게 얘기를 전해 들은 연향은 방원을 찾아가 얘기를 나눠보자며 동행을 제안하고, 길선미는 방원을 만나기 위해 정야가 직접 갔다는 소리에 다급해진다. 한편 무명은 백근수를 죽인 누군가를 찾기 위해 윤랑을 미행하고, 계획하던 계민수전에 어려움을 느낀 정도전은 토지대장을 불태우는데...

Six Flying Dragons Episode 32 text preview
Air Date : January 19, 2016 PM 22:00

After Yeon-Hyang heard Bang-Won's message from Cho-Young, she goes to see Bang-Won and suggests alliance. Gil Seon-Mi feels urgency when hearing that Jeong-Ya (the old lady) went to meet Bang-Won in person. Meanwhile, the Nameless puts a tail on Yoon-Rang to find out who killed Baek Geun-Soo. Jung Do-Jeon feels difficulty in initiating the land reforms designed by himself, so he burns land registers.  

* Jeong-Ya : the Nameless' old lady with weird voice

* Baek Geun-Soo : the Nameless' warrior who used to work in Yi Seong-Gye's Hamju camp but ran away after his identity was revealed by little Boon-Yi. (ep. 1) He had worked for Prince Jeongchang but was killed by Yoon-Rang (ep. 30).

• Like 8

BY is just the most amazing female character ever to comeout of kdrama - now she will be in charge of financing

and way to go on the girl bonding you can really see how great LM BY appreciate one another

and the end so beautiful - really well made they have such an amazing chemistry together love BW & BY

cant wait for today ep 

i guess the subbers  were really touched subbing this ep so fast - i was surprised 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, hinatashoyo said:

Guys, need some assurance. I am aware of BW's achievements but I want to know in koreans point of view. I am not korean, I only read what is written in the wikipedia which I know may be different from the korean history books. What does korean thinks of King Taejong today and in the past ? During his reign did it experience peace and prosperity? I wanna know how the government works made by Jeong Do Jeon? Do you think the commoners and slaves could benefit from this and able to work in the government? I know if there is no King Taejong, there will be no hangul. But what If there's no King Taejong , do you think JDJ's plan for Joseon will be successful? How is he sure that the next prime minister are not corrupt? And the lives of the royal family will not be threatened? Did people accept BW's legitimacy to the throne after killing his half brothers and becoming the third king?

Did King Taejong's reign experience peace and prosperity? Well, it was different for everyone. If you belonged to the noble class during his reign, it would be like a hell. (LOL) If you were a commoner, well, as Bang-Won said in the drama, human beings always find out something deficient. People can't realize they are living in peaceful times. Even today, Koreans are calling our country "Hell Joseon" which means the worst country with no hope (like Goryeo in the drama).

If there's no King Taejong, Jung Do-Jeon's plan for Joseon will be successful? Well, hypothesis is meaningless in history. However, if I have to answer to your question, I'll say "No, it won't be successful".  Why? Although Yi Bang-Won killed Jung Do-Jeon in 1398, I think the final winner in the history seems to be Jung Do-Jeon in the end. In the conflicts between minister-centric politics and monarch-centric politics, Joseon's politics began to slant to JDJ's politics and monarchs were losing power as time went by. JDJ's legacy caused so many factional strifes among Sadaebu ministers. JDJ just wanted to keep them in check by using their envious mind, but it went as far as to exterminate the opposition party for trivial matters.

Everything has light and shadow. Jung Do-Jeon has been a taboo for about 500 years, his legacy had negative influence on Joseon's politics, but today's troubled times shed new light on his creativity and reevaluate his achievements in a new perspective. It is also true that Yi Bang-Won is regarded as the best ruler for his times, but he also has his own limitation. Surely he is not worshipped as a sage king like his son, King Sejong the Great.

Metaphorically speaking, Yi Bang-Won tamed the wilderness aggressively and paved the road for his son to move forward on. If it had not been for his existence, his son couldn't have achieved such a great work. Every Korean knows it and some of them admire him for that reason. However, his totalitarianism reminds some Koreans of the military dictatorship in 1970~1980s which contributed to Korea's economic development but committed ultimate abuse of human rights. Others believe that the Liadong expedition planned by Choi Young and Jung Do-Jeon should have been carried out, so they hate Yi Bang-Won for giving up Korea's long time national goal since Goguryeo‘s collapse.   

For me, Yi Bang-Won is a great leader for his people of his times, but I don't think he will be a good leader for today's Koreans. The same is true of Jung Do-Jeon. I think Korea needs a leader who has momentum and passion like Yi Bang-Won as well as creativity and broad outlook like Jung Do-Jeon.

• Like 11

13 hours ago, SukBin said:

Its said that Yi Bang Won was the most cruelest  and dangerous enemy that one could make as well as the kindest and most loyal friend that one could make.

It all depended on what side of him one found themselves to be.

so true - as it is for LIG as it is for HIB as it is for your most hated teacher - this is true for ANY tyrant

you are repeatedly attaching ordinary human behavior to LBW as if he is the only  one to posses them

also you cannot change history - LBW disliked LM right from the start thats why he took so many concubines according to history - liking his own children has nothing to do with his wife  

BY is one of the six dragons - and is the voice of the common ppl - our voice she is the most important for our point of view

LM has only her own power and her family in front of her eyes (not to say that i absolutely love how GSY portrays her and how smart she is ) she is not for the ppl just herself

BY is LBW conscience and hopefully continue to do so SSK is the third billed and is a prominent character to the drama not to mention the most fierce and revolutionary to come out of kdrama 

the women part here is very important the writers give voice to those who were never given one even in kdrama - their vision is new and unprecedented and may pave the way to new women in kdrama which viewers are mostly women  and therefore need better role models such as BY & YH and all SFD Female character 

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, nevill said:

so true - as it is for LIG as it is for HIB as it is for your most hated teacher - this is true for ANY tyrant

you are repeatedly attaching ordinary human behavior to LBW as if he is the only  one to posses them

also you cannot change history - LBW disliked LM right from the start thats why he took so many concubines according to history - liking his own children has nothing to do with his wife  

BY is one of the six dragons - and is the voice of the common ppl - our voice she is the most important for our point of view

LM has only her own power and her family in front of her eyes (not to say that i absolutely love how GSY portrays her and how smart she is ) she is not for the ppl just herself

BY is LBW conscience and hopefully continue to do so SSK is the third billed and is a prominent character to the drama not to mention the most fierce and revolutionary to come out of kdrama 

the women part here is very important the writers give voice to those who were never given one even in kdrama - their vision is new and unprecedented and may pave the way to new women in kdrama which viewers are mostly women  and therefore need better role models such as BY & YH and all SFD Female character 

Nope, Its not a Ordinary Human Behaviour in my opinion.... Yi Bang Won was a man of Extremes ... even more than that if thats possible absolute Extremes.... if he loved, his passion and kindness was extreme and if he hated, his Hatred knew no limits.....

This is not an Ordinary Human Behaviour.... most of us common people know to set our limits whether we hate or whether we love....there is a certain individual limit....

How can you say that LIG or HIB possess the same traits can you give an example ...?

Both of them never showed such Extreme Emotional Tendencies as far as this drama is concerned or even in the facts recorded in History....

If you have examples or sources kindly share...

Do you have any evidence that Bang Won disliked his Wife...? if yes kindly provide so..... there is no such thing as far as i know ... its only an assumption that has been made or you can say a vague inference....

Never said LM is for people ... so why the above explanation regarding her...?

• Like 5

6 hours ago, homura said:

They didn't break up. Bang-Won just told her with tears in his eyes "The (childlike) play is over. I can't play with you from this out". It was a farewell to his innocent childhood.

In Ep. 32 preview, Bang-Won also told her "Don't call me my name." Actually, it was breaking the social norm for Boon-Yi (a girl from the lower class) to call Bang-Won (a boy from the noble class) his name, like "Bang-Won-a!" or "Yi Bang-Won!". Many Korean viewers have thought her attitude as rude and criticized the SFD writers. In those times, names were so precious that they couldn't be called carelessly. That's why noblemen used another name like Sambong, Poeun, Woojae, and Hojeong which could be freely called by any one from any class.

The only thing i dont get, why BW should said now??? said to her like "Don't call me my name."? 

why not when the moment he get married back then? i dont get how this historical drama played.. somewhat disappointed..:(

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, MiAmour said:

The only thing i dont get, why BW should said now??? said to her like "Don't call me my name."? 

why not when the moment he get married back then? i dont get how this historical drama played.. somewhat disappointed..:(

As far as I remember, when he decided to get married, he told BY that he loved her and would love her until he died. He said he just wanted to be the person who was precious to her at this present. I think it was because they could still be together as one team at one side and be a comrade/best buddies. But now, he's gonna be at the other side, against team JDJ. So, no more comrades, no more "partners in crime".

• Like 7

1 hour ago, homura said:

“In the middle of the World” by Shin Yong-Jae (Six Flying Dragons OST Part 5)

Korean & English Lyrics

세상 한가운데 - 신용재 (포맨)

메마른 땅 위로 달빛이 내리면
숨겨왔던 내 맘의 그대가
바람에 실려와 눈물이 되어 내려와
어느새 또 내 맘을 적신다

차마 부를 수 없어
다가설 수 없어
가슴에 새겨진 그 이름

아픈 이 세상 한가운데
나 힘들어도 숨을 쉬고 또 살아가고
하루를 견뎌본다

운명이 날 막아 선대도
날 버려도
내가 지켜야 하니까

차마 피할 수 없어
잊을 수도 없어
가슴에 차오르는 사람

아픈 이 세상 한가운데
나 힘들어도 숨을 쉬고 또 살아가고
하루를 견뎌본다

운명이 날 막아 선대도
날 버려도
내가 지켜야 하니까

시린 고통 속에서
나 쓰러질지라도
난 언제나 이 자리에 있을게

아픈 사랑이 버거워도
그대가 있어 숨을 쉬고 또 살아가고
세상을 견뎌본다

운명도 날 막을 수 없게
흔들 수 없게
지켜주는 사람 그대

In the middle of the world
- by Shin Yong-Jae

When moonlight is shed on dry land,
My beloved hidden in my heart
rides the wind and makes tears rain
to wet my heart again before I know

For I can't call it
For I can't come close to it
the name is carved in my chest

In the middle of this painful world
even if it is hard for me,
I breathe and live a life
and get through the day

Even if the fate stops me
or abandons me
I have to protect

For I can't avoid you
for I can't forget you
my beloved full of my heart

In the middle of this painful world
even if it is hard for me,
I breathe and live a life
and get through the day

Even if the fate stops me
or abandons me
I have to protect

In the middle of the cold pains
Even if I collapse
I'll always stay here

Even if love is too painful for me
your existence makes me breathe,
live a life and get through the day

For the fate not to stop me
not to sway me
my beloved who protects me

• Like 9

3 hours ago, homura said:

Did King Taejong's reign experience peace and prosperity? Well, it was different for everyone. If you belonged to the noble class during his reign, it would be like a hell. (LOL) If you were a commoner, well, as Bang-Won said in the drama, human beings always find out something deficient. People can't realize they are living in peaceful times. Even today, Koreans are calling our country "Hell Joseon" which means the worst country with no hope (like Goryeo in the drama).

If there's no King Taejong, Jung Do-Jeon's plan for Joseon will be successful? Well, hypothesis is meaningless in history. However, if I have to answer to your question, I'll say "No, it won't be successful".  Why? Although Yi Bang-Won killed Jung Do-Jeon in 1398, I think the final winner in the history seems to be Jung Do-Jeon in the end. In the conflicts between minister-centric politics and monarch-centric politics, Joseon's politics began to slant to JDJ's politics and monarchs were losing power as time went by. JDJ's legacy caused so many factional strifes among Sadaebu ministers. JDJ just wanted to keep them in check by using their envious mind, but it went as far as to exterminate the opposition party for trivial matters.

Everything has light and shadow. Jung Do-Jeon has been a taboo for about 500 years, his legacy had negative influence on Joseon's politics, but today's troubled times shed new light on his creativity and reevaluate his achievements in a new perspective. It is also true that Yi Bang-Won is regarded as the best ruler for his times, but he also has his own limitation. Surely he is not worshipped as a sage king like his son, King Sejong the Great.

Metaphorically speaking, Yi Bang-Won tamed the wilderness aggressively and paved the road for his son to move forward on. If it had not been for his existence, his son couldn't have achieved such a great work. Every Korean knows it and some of them admire him for that reason. However, his totalitarianism reminds some Koreans of the military dictatorship in 1970~1980s which contributed to Korea's economic development but committed ultimate abuse of human rights. Others believe that the Liadong expedition planned by Choi Young and Jung Do-Jeon should have been carried out, so they hate Yi Bang-Won for giving up Korea's long time national goal since Goguryeo‘s collapse.   

For me, Yi Bang-Won is a great leader for his people of his times, but I don't think he will be a good leader for today's Koreans. The same is true of Jung Do-Jeon. I think Korea needs a leader who has momentum and passion like Yi Bang-Won as well as creativity and broad outlook like Jung Do-Jeon.

Well said!!!

• Like 5

@homura who are the Gwon Nam Sae Jok? They were mentioned by GSM, Poeun and Sambong as important group to have have on their sides. Thank you by the way for posting the nonfictional characters so now we know that all the Nameless are fictional.

Thank you for the OST which very much applies to the BW/BY romance. Oh my heart

• Like 5