9 minutes ago, homura said:

Hmm, in the history, King Taejong (Yi Bang-Won) and Queen Wongyeong (Lady Min) are notorious for a couple like enemies. Of course, they had been excellent political partners until they get to the throne. However, no sooner had he become a king, he accepted as many concubines as possible as if he implied that Min clan is nothing to him. He even tried to depose her, but ended in failure. Instead, he killed her brothers. King Taejong's first son, Prince Yangnyeong, ended up being deposed because the king thought he was too close to his maternal uncles. The queen was miserable in her latter years. I guess that's why the writing team didn't choose her as one of the six dragons, even though she was the mother of the greatest Korean king ever.

He deposed Prince Yangnyeong? I read in other sites that Prince Yangnyeong gave up his position as the crown prince and same with the second prince to King Sejong.. They knew that KIng sejong was suited to become a King..That's why the first prince pretended to show some misbehavior in the court, going with people who was a bad influence to him..and then later years the first became a traveler while the Second prince became a monk.. And the reason why he took so many concubines from different powerful clan was not because of the politics? to keep the Min Clan in check..

@homura thanks for the information in the earlier posts..:)

• Like 3

23 hours ago, homura said:

New director Yi Jeong-Heum (이정흠) was added to the opening credit of Ep 20.

I don't know how many TV drama he had been engaged in. He seems to be a rookie director. But, one thing I'm sure is that the quality of the direction got suddenly better than ever in SFD ep 20.  Good for you, Director Yi!

I loved ep 20. It was the best episode ever!

@earthna30 No dragon credit for Moo-Hyul yet. Sorry. Maybe next week?

Great to know that! It makes me so nervous that they're doing live shooting now but with two directors, it shouldn't be so bad. I'm still biased and miss Jang Tae Yoo's directing but I'm grateful that the drama's still trying to keep up the standard despite difficult situations.

It's sad that there are a lot of criticisms but on the bright side, yay! They are watching the show! At least people are focused and invested in the story to have their own opinions. I hope the actors and production team don't take this to heart and just do their best. I'll be sad if they will give in to netizens and change the story.

P.S. Jung Yoomi gets prettier every time I see her!

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, shirayukihime said:

He deposed Prince Yangnyeong? I read in other sites that Prince Yangnyeong gave up his position as the crown prince and same with the second prince to King Sejong.. They knew that KIng sejong was suited to become a King..That's why the first prince pretended to show some misbehavior in the court, going with people who was a bad influence to him..and then later years the first became a traveler while the Second prince became a monk.. And the reason why he took so many concubines from different powerful clan was not because of the politics? to keep the Min Clan in check..

@homura thanks for the information in the earlier posts..:)

Nope. He was "deposed" because of some issues with a woman as well as his maternal uncles according to the official Annals of the Joseon Dynasty which were recorded in real time. What you heard is an unofficial embroidered history (or folk tale) recorded by amateur historians hundreds of years later.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, meiazza said:

@nevillBY has the heart, potential and ability to be like Jeanne D'Arc though.. if only she stop entering BW's life. imo.

i maent BASED on her character and she influenced the king to go to war against england and she was a commoner - BY is the MAIN lead character  she and BW work towards the SAME goal and they will work together till the end

it sounds like you blame BY for BW "infidelities" as if the woman is to  blame but not the man. the one who is married, even in todays society, is the one to blame. end even that is not a mortal sin. BY is described as BW beloved he LOVES her probably much more than she loves him he follows her and wants to change the world for her 

and as apparently BW  LM were enemies like couple and BW immediately took lots of concubines so historically it is logical for him to love BY 

• Like 2

Guest aabes0323

It's hard to be a good storyteller. Take 6FD for example, trying to make a story using the historical facts and yet the writers were not born during that era and they also have to include some fictional figures to the whole story... so we need to watch it with an open mind. If the knetz want this drama to follow exactly like the history facts...then we won't be bother watching coz we knew exactly what happened....so no surprises there. 

About bashing an actress, what's new? it always happen in k-drama world... people tend to link the character with the actual person who portrayed the part... hmppphh!! :huh: But to actually point to fans from a fandom did the bashing...hmmm.. to me that's cold without any proofs. Anyway, I'm all for strong women characters... may it be BY or LM or YH or CY and even Lady Kang, they all have a role to play in creating a dynasty. So let's get on with the show!!

36 minutes ago, earthna30 said:

Great to know that! It makes me so nervous that they're doing live shooting now but with two directors, it shouldn't be so bad. I'm still biased and miss Jang Tae Yoo's directing but I'm grateful that the drama's still trying to keep up the standard despite difficult situations.

I know we can't blame the Chinese broadcasters who brought Director Jang Tae-Yoo (Tree with Deep Roots) to China at a higher price.  He deserves it after his big success with "My love from the Star (2013)" But I somtimes imagine how director Jang would have made this and that scene of SFD. sigh.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, homura said:

I know we can't blame the Chinese broadcasters who brought Director Jang Tae-Yoo (Tree with Deep Roots) to China at a higher price.  He deserves it after his big success with "My love from the Star (2013)" But I somtimes imagine how director Jang would have made this and that scene of SFD. sigh.

i think we had some worries n this regard in the past - how can one director handle so many different scene in each episode 

im worried for live shooting -was is the weather? they started a month and a half bf to avoid live shooting

what happened?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, nevill said:

i think we had some worries n this regard in the past - how can one director handle so many different scene in each episode 

im worried for live shooting -was is the weather? they started a month and a half bf to avoid live shooting

what happened?

No more reserves. The broadcast caught up with the reserves. They really have to live shoot in real time from now on.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, homura said:

Yeahhh he deserves to get paid more for his talent but it's sad that he couldn't be the director for Dragons. I'm currently rewatching Tree and wow, his directing made the show better than it already is. The guy knows what he's doing. Even Jang Hyuk flying looked less cheesy. HAHA. I guess I just have to be thankful for what they give us. Forget the what ifs... I CAN'T

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, shirayukihime said:

Guys, what is the title of the song at the end of ep. 3? I like the song they used when they introduced BW as the third dragon..

Composer : Joo In-Ro - 주인로 / Title : 님금하 아라쇼셔

Aww, the title is in Medieval Korean language. So it is too difficult to translate in English. It roughly means "임금이시여, 알아주소서 Your Highness, please recognize (or appreciate, realize)." The song is contained in Six flying dragons OST part 4.

• Like 5

ja.jpg

Osen - Naver: 'Six Flying Dragons', Chun Ho Jin decides to withdraw troops at Wihwado

1. [+3,544, -58] This episode is freaking awesome. I had goosebumps when I heard the words "Joseon's first king" in the end

2. [+2,321, -41] Wow... Chun Ho Jin-ssi's acting is damn amazing

3. [+1,951, -32] Wow. The ending gave me chills

4. [+1,628, -22] Mui's song is so moving

5. [+1,440, -27] 1 hour felt like 10 minutes ㅜㅜ

6. [+597, -17] This writing is impressive.. To be honest, I had no idea who's writing the script so I looked it up and found out that it's from the same people who wrote 'Queen Seondeok' and 'Deep Rooted Tree'... The withdrawal scene gave me goosebumps all over. Although I'm aware of the history behind it, each episode is legendary. So different from other sageuks that start off strong but finish off weak. I think it will stay legendary until the last episode. Writers, big two thumbs up!! I wish I had more thumbs to express how amazing you are

7. [+253, -6] I cried watching this episode. My heart is filled with so much emotions

Naver tvcast: Gong Seung Yeon tells Shin Se Kyung "You and Yoo Ah In are not in the same rank"

1. [+1,701, -83] So pretty. Her sageuk tone is pettty good and she fits her role as Min Da Kyung.

2. [+1,393, -80] Gong Seung Yeon's voice is elegant

3. [+1,194, -82] Gong Seung Yeon is glamorous. I wish she gets more screen time

4. [+837, -26] Shin Se Kyung and Gong Seung Yeon are both good actresses

5. [+165, -29] This is a true love triangle

cre:kkuljaem

• Like 5

51 minutes ago, homura said:

Composer : Joo In-Ro - 주인로 / Title : 님금하 아라쇼셔

Aww, the title is in Medieval Korean language. So it is too difficult to translate in English. It roughly means "임금이시여, 알아주소서 Your Highness, please recognize (or appreciate, realize)." The song is contained in Six flying dragons OST part 4.

Thank you very much... it's one of my favorite.. :) 

I read in the esillok site that before King Taejong became a king, Queen Wongyeong had a dream about him sitting in the middle of the sun and then he was embracing her.. 

• Like 2

Guest caramelcake

Seriously, reading the previous posts here (and the one in another site) made me speechless. I love how everyone tries to give an interpretation of each episode with good insight. On the other hand, I guess people just really put this show into their heart, so any single thing plays out of expectation gives some concern, in a bad case, it turns out into bashing etc. My take is one can't please everyone, it's the same with SFD's writer. Personally, I prefer a happy note for all the dragons since they are literally embdded in the title of this show, so, I still / will focus on their roles in creating new country instead of, let say, focusing on what relationship they have with each other. Moreover, I am all in with the romance department, but this show is EXCEPTIONAL. It has all the best things of any drama can deliver, so I can't and won't ask more. I might cry a river when something bad happens to my favorite characters, but I'll get over it if it is done as awesome as this show always does (so far).

Anyway, can somebody clarify this for me? LSG said he wanted to protect his family so he declined sambong's revolution plan. but how is that protecting his family? does going into the war prevent the royal troops/guards?/General CY from threatening him through his family? (I know it has something to do with the history, but my slow brain can't comprehend this political situation correctly lol)

18 minutes ago, caramelcake said:

Seriously, reading the previous posts here (and the one in another site) made me speechless. I love how everyone tries to give an interpretation of each episode with good insight. On the other hand, I guess people just really put this show into their heart, so any single thing plays out of expectation gives some concern, in a bad case, it turns out into bashing etc. My take is one can't please everyone, it's the same with SFD's writer. Personally, I prefer a happy note for all the dragons since they are literally embdded in the title of this show, so, I still / will focus on their roles in creating new country instead of, let say, focusing on what relationship they have with each other. Moreover, I am all in with the romance department, but this show is EXCEPTIONAL. It has all the best things of any drama can deliver, so I can't and won't ask more. I might cry a river when something bad happens to my favorite characters, but I'll get over it if it is done as awesome as this show always does (so far).

Anyway, can somebody clarify this for me? LSG said he wanted to protect his family so he declined sambong's revolution plan. but how is that protecting his family? does going into the war prevent the royal troops/guards?/General CY from threatening him through his family? (I know it has something to do with the history, but my slow brain can't comprehend this political situation correctly lol)

General Cy took them as a hostage.. CY didn't go with him in the expedition cause he had to stay by KIng U's side..So CY was unsure if YSG will follow his orders , and he had to take YSG's family as a hostage. and then many of his soldiers tried to run away and plead to him that they don't want to go to the war against the MIng and cross the river... then he remembered what Sambong told him about the nation, as a King he will be considered as a father, and the goryeo's people will be his children too...he prioritized his family's safety that's why he was going to the war but then realized that these people/soldiers though were not considered by blood but still can be considered his family ...So he revolted..

• Like 4

Guest caramelcake
25 minutes ago, shirayukihime said:

General Cy took them as a hostage.. CY didn't go with him in the expedition cause he had to stay by KIng U's side..So CY was unsure if YSG will follow his orders , and he had to take YSG's family as a hostage. and then many of his soldiers tried to run away and plead to him that they don't want to go to the war against the MIng and cross the river... then he remembered what Sambong told him about the nation, as a King he will be considered as a father, and the goryeo's people will be his children too...he prioritized his family's safety that's why he was going to the war but then realized that these people/soldiers though were not considered by blood but still can be considered his family ...So he revolted..

oh I understand that part, but thanks for the explanation btw :)

my question refers to the inital reason why LSG did release the white horse instead of the black one. As BW said he is not capable of betraying georyeo(?), but  I feel like there's something that I missed out and I can't put it together into words lol.

25 minutes ago, caramelcake said:

oh I understand that part, but thanks for the explanation btw :)

my question refers to the inital reason why LSG did release the white horse instead of the black one. As BW said he is not capable of betraying georyeo(?), but  I feel like there's something that I missed out and I can't put it together into words lol.

To prevent the war against the Ming, they were supposed to start the revolution but they couldn't start it without LSG's permission..but LSG rejected it.. so that's why it's a white horse..means cancellation.. 

In my own POV he is weak.. he has the qualification to become a king but the question is can he fight back the opposing sides without someone urging him?? 

LSG witnessed how his soldiers desperately plead him , then he realized he had to make a move... 

I watched the Great Seer korean drama, Hae In told him "If you just run away, you are not qualified to become a king." and then I remember how he just escape to Hamhung after the first strife of the prince ...without doing anything as a father...

• Like 3

Guest caramelcake

@shirayukihimeYes, it means cancellation. My bad. Sorry I didn't make it clear that my exact question is why he did not agree with Sambong in one go to do the revolution. but I guess, it is a very difficult situation for him to decide whether he would or would not go with Sambong's plan. I read on DB that his final decision "led to the overthrow of an entire dynasty" and overall this drama follows the history. 

I don't think he is that weak. He is just a very kind man who loves his family and has strong loyalty to his poeple and country.  In fact, he joined Sambong to save BW, leading to him going into politic after so many years having zero interest in it. He seems really slow to make any decision because he is bombarded by the thoughts of consequences that might happen. probably he chose the one with least or no damage for his family until the real meaning of 'country/family' hit him. But I might be wrong though.  did I just answer my own question? lol

There were many golds moments in episode 20. The last scene where LSG was about to punish the soldiers was full of tense.  Just awesome! I was so drawn into his POV that I felt like I was him.

Guest aabes0323

@caramelcake the way I look at LSG, he is a man who needed to be sure of everything before he could make one major decision...eventhough He put his family first above anything else. I wonder if he knew that his family were taken as hostages by General CY when he decided to pull out from the battlefield. I would not consider him as a weak person rather than someone who doesn't have an 'ambition' to be more than what he is. 

Guest caramelcake
8 minutes ago, aabes0323 said:

@caramelcake the way I look at LSG, he is a man who needed to be sure of everything before he could make one major decision...eventhough He put his family first above anything else. I wonder if he knew that his family were taken as hostages by General CY when he decided to pull out from the battlefield. I would not consider him as a weak person rather than someone who doesn't have an 'ambition' to be more than what he is. 

Yes, I agree with you. and somehow, I see myself in him if I am about to make decision lol. I'm not saying he is weak, literally. because he won many fights already. but in my view, he is more with avoiding conflict or doing things out of his league. He needs strong push from someone to move at something he never did before. He is just being sooo careful with everything he does/ will do.