[HanCinema's Drama Review] "Six Flying Dragons" Episode 19

by William Schwartz

photo661878.jpg

King Woo (played by Lee Hyeon-bae) only just now makes his appearance this episode. There's good reason for this- King Woo does not have what anyone could really call serious political talent. Indeed, the only reason King Woo even shows up this episode is because monarchal authority is invoked as part of the new increasingly complicated plan by the antagonists to maintain Goryeo, and with it their iron grip on the kingdom. It naturally does not occur to anyone that guys like King Woo are part of the problem. Except for the heroes of course.

to read more:

http://www.hancinema.net/hancinema-s-drama-review-six-flying-dragons-episode-19-89263.html

• Like 2

Top K-Drama Moments of the Week: November 23–29

by couchkimchi (soompi)

Top K-Drama Moments of the Week: November 23–29

4. “Six Flying Dragons” (Episode 16): Anything You Can Do, I Can Do Better

Still seething from the humiliation that the Haedong Gapjok Society handed him, Hong In Bang cooks up a plan in which he uses the group to implicate Lee Song Gye in criminal acts. Aware that Hong In Bang is threatening the Society to gain their compliance in his scheme, Bang Won comes up with his own plan.

Bang Won infiltrates the Society’s meeting, essentially blocking them from signing the document that condemns their father and implores them to do things his way. He advises them that instead of cowering at In Bang’s feet, they should sign Bang Won’s document; it details the crimes of which In Bang, Gil Tae Mi, and Lee In Gyeom are guilty. Hastening their decision to sign, Bang Won lights a bomb in the midst of the assembly.

Bang Won’s speech is the highlight of this entire scene as it is a foreshadowing of the great king he is meant to be. On the one hand, the use of the bomb, albeit fake, exemplifies the deterioration of Goryeo’s politics and first class; right or wrong, they only wish to do things that benefit them.

to read more:

http://www.soompi.com/2015/12/06/top-k-drama-moments-of-the-week-november-23-29/

• Like 3

DramaFever Weekly Top 10 for December 7, 2015

by Nancy Z (drama fever)

Don't you just love it when your favorite drama has finally moved into the Top 10?  Find out which exciting dramas are on the new list.

In Six Flying Dragons, so much happened last week. Remember the names of impressive actors Byun Yo Han and Park Hyuk Kwon because their spectacular sword-fighting scene that connects episodes 17 and 18 is beyond this world. The two characters, while symbolizing good versus evil in a bloody battle, ultimately fought as two warriors with competing thoughts that linger and stir long after the blood is shed and the stain is covered by the dust. Ruthless Gil Tae Min's reply about why he took from the weak still resonates in our modern age, where the gap between the wealthy and the poor is as wide as the ocean. With his death, the captivating historical drama will enter a new phase. 

to read more:

http://www.dramafever.com/news/dramafever-weekly-top-10-for-december-7-2015/

• Like 3

Guest aabes0323

Hello All,

Had to create a new account just for my 6FD... soompi is not being friendly now... what happened?? :angry:

Anyway, just want to thank @homura for that extra info on Epi 19. I was wondering too why must they attack Liodong (sorry haven't watch subbed episode yet) and I wish I could understand what's being said by Moo Hyul & the other guy that General Yi began to realize Goryeo/King was wrong. Though I don't understand any conversation, but the acting between General Yi & General Choi Young were really good. Salute to senior actors Chun Ho-Jin &  Jeon Guk-hwan for portraying the charismatic generals even at their age. Hope rating will increase tomorrow. 

Muiiya (rock version) by 하현우 Ha Hyun Woo (Guckkasten)

Muiiya (ballad version) by 변요한 Byun Yo-Han (the actor playing Yi Bang-Ji) 

Muiiya (choir version) by 고양 남성 합창단 Goyang city male choir

Jung Do-Jeon’s Muiiya (audio) in Six Flying Dragons  Ep. 2

Muiiya (Korean lyrics and English translation)
http://bodashiri.tumblr.com/post/130671458136/six-flying-dragons-ep-02

• Like 5

Thanks @homura for the explanation. I appreciate the drama more because of the historical facts.

Thoughts on ep20

Spoiler

STILL NO 6TH DRAGON TITLE FOR MY BABY! LIARS! I got so hyped too. ;A; I won't wait for it anymore and just be surprised whenever they feel like giving it to us. Ugh, I cried so much in this episode. I got so frustrated when the white horse was shown but it made more sense after reading homura's historical facts. It gave a bigger impact and showed us what kind of a person Lee Seong Gye is. The latter half was so intense!

Now, how to wait another week?!

• Like 4

In Episode 19, did ya'll see that? When YH and BJ set up Madame Choi and they were in the closet hiding, and BJ caressed YH shoulders with his hand? That was  so sexy, I had to replay that again, so sublte and just a touch but everything he felt was in that one touch.

it was funny how the mobster confessing to BW and BY that the man who told them to deliver cargo was a man dressed as a monk who wears eye makeup!!! LOL!! the last male eyeshadow character. At least we have one left. BW though, by threatening to kill JR for disrespecting BY, gave valuable info to JR about how important BY is to him. But maybe JR already suspected, being that BW long ago went to the temple to rescue BY. Especially if JR realizes her relationship to the undefeated and best swordsman. These are very useful information for someone like JR especially when the plays on both sides of the fence for money.

YIG was a befitting adversary for JDJ. He may have been heartless and inhumane but he kept the good guys on their toes and it seems he is not done yet. It is sad to see him go because with him gone the last bastion supporting the Goryeo dynasty is no more. His defeat was the harbinger for the end of a dynasty. Just like BJ when he killed GTM and JDJ when he saw the execution of HIB, YSG could not rejoice in the defeat of a powerful rival.

I am just so curious, who is the woman JR reported to and who sent that note with the red seal to YIG? Guess the old man is not done yet?

• Like 5

5 hours ago, earthna30 said:

Thanks @homura for the explanation. I appreciate the drama more because of the historical facts.

Thoughts on ep20

Hide contents

STILL NO 6TH DRAGON TITLE FOR MY BABY! LIARS! I got so hyped too. ;A; I won't wait for it anymore and just be surprised whenever they feel like giving it to us. Ugh, I cried so much in this episode. I got so frustrated when the white horse was shown but it made more sense after reading homura's historical facts. It gave a bigger impact and showed us what kind of a person Lee Seong Gye is. The latter half was so intense!

Now, how to wait another week?!

@earthna30he may not have been officially given the dragon title, but what he did speaking up to General YSG, and joining his army buddy, for the army and their cause and was willing to die for their sake, MADE HIM A DRAGON, a very brave one at than!!! .

• Like 2

Ratings (Neilsen)
Ep 17   Mon.  Nationwide 14.1% (+1.5) / Seoul 15.4% (+1.9)
Ep 18   Tue.   Nationwide 13.6% (-0.5)  / Seoul 14.8% (-0.6)
Ep 19   Mon.  Nationwide 13.3% (-0.3)  / Seoul 15.1% (+0.3)
Ep 20   Tue.  Nationwide 13.4% (+0.1)  / Seoul 15.7% (+0.6)

• Like 4

New director Yi Jeong-Heum (이정흠) was added to the opening credit of Ep 20.

I don't know how many TV drama he had been engaged in. He seems to be a rookie director. But, one thing I'm sure is that the quality of the direction got suddenly better than ever in SFD ep 20.  Good for you, Director Yi!

I loved ep 20. It was the best episode ever!

@earthna30 No dragon credit for Moo-Hyul yet. Sorry. Maybe next week?

• Like 7