Byun Yo Han's spectacular sword fight in Six Flying Dragons creates a new martial arts legend

by Nancy Z (drama fever)

79ad064b-f19a-4750-ab08-8c6a1c9457ce.jpg

Remember the names of impressive actors Byun Yo Han and Park Hyuk Kwon because their spectacular sword fight in Six Flying Dragons is now legendary. The epic fight rivals the best of any scenes in the martial arts genre, and its ferocity even vividly echos the intensity between two gunslingers in a Western.

The two characters, Lee Bang Ji and Gil Tae Mi, while symbolizing good versus evil, ultimately fought as two warriors with competing thoughts that lingered and stirred long after the blood was shed and the stain was covered by the dust. 

It wasn't just a fight between two men. It was a final confrontation with the result influencing the future of the nation. Gil Tae Mi (Park Hyuk Kwon) represented the powerful who oppressed and took from the weak. Lee Bang Ji (Byun Yo Han) represented the oppressed poor and meek who would rise up.

You'll be amazed by the formidable display of the intricate sword fight and the fierce intensity that connected two very different swordsmen.

to read more:

http://www.dramafever.com/news/spectacular-sword-fight-in-six-flying-dragons-creates-a-new-martial-arts-legend/?sr_share=twitter

• Like 5

Thanks @rainmoon for sharing the vid! Too bad it was cut before the interview.

The host greeted PHK with his "The strong steps on the weak!" speech and he was cutely embarrassed. He's so cute. >< To think that he played such a sassy character in Gil Tae Mi. He did the Twin Dragons move. /dead Can he be anymore adorable?! He also said that he's a heavy drinker. He once drank for 4 days and 3 night. He would send home those who have collapsed and call more drinking buddies. HAHA.

The wait for new episodes is always hard...

• Like 5

Good evening! 

May I join the conversation? I'll be good, I promise. Believe it or not but I didn't want to watch this drama. I love saeguks, I love Kim Myung Min... but this drama is going to be 50-eps-long blah blah blah, doesn't matter my friends told me it's great. Finally at some of my weak points I watched the first episode and... well... let's say after 20th ep I want MOOOOORRRRRE!!! I just love everything - the plot, the characters (although it pains me that Choi Young in the drama isn't the same Choi Young like i.e. in Faith *sigh* ), the music, fantastic views and everything, even politics doesn't bother me. :)

And thanks to this drama I added another name to my "top favourite actors" list - yeah, Byun Yo Han. It's incredible how good he is! I remember him from Misaeng and... wow! he's so different here. I mean he's fantastic actor, he's different in his every role (checked it!). 

So... the drama got me hooked. I can't wait for another episode. :wub:

• Like 8

26 minutes ago, cedarwood said:

Good evening! 

May I join the conversation? I'll be good, I promise. Believe it or not but I didn't want to watch this drama. I love saeguks, I love Kim Myung Min... but this drama is going to be 50-eps-long blah blah blah, doesn't matter my friends told me it's great. Finally at some of my weak points I watched the first episode and... well... let's say after 20th ep I want MOOOOORRRRRE!!! I just love everything - the plot, the characters (although it pains me that Choi Young in the drama isn't the same Choi Young like i.e. in Faith *sigh* ), the music, fantastic views and everything, even politics doesn't bother me. :)

And thanks to this drama I added another name to my "top favourite actors" list - yeah, Byun Yo Han. It's incredible how good he is! I remember him from Misaeng and... wow! he's so different here. I mean he's fantastic actor, he's different in his every role (checked it!). 

So... the drama got me hooked. I can't wait for another episode. :wub:

@cedarwood, welcome my dear, join the dragon club. The more the merrier. Enjoy and happy watching.

• Like 4

credit :-
http://www.hancinema.net/-six-flying-dragons-park-hyeok-kwon-returns-arm-in-arm-with-sin-se-kyeong-89411.html
http://www.tvreport.co.kr/?c=news&m=newsview&idx=837822

'Six Flying Dragons' Park Hyeok-kwon returns arm in arm with Sin Se-kyeong

Spoiler

"..... An associate with the 'Six Flying Dragons' production team said, "While the cold winter weather can be really tough for the actors and the staff members working for period drama, you can always hear laughter on the filming set. The drama will get more entertaining and interesting thanks to the tight fellowship and the cheerful energy on the filming set. Please continue to send us more support". "

photo662789.jpg

• Like 5

Six Flying Dragons Episodes 19 and 20: Kings reign black horses.

by Unnichan  (drama fever)

ed44605d-571d-4640-a992-4c06af394c6e.JPG

Flyers, the die is finally cast on Six Flying Dragons and Choi Young officially reveals his hand, leaving General Lee to grapple with the choice between compromised compliance and bated betrayal. But it's a nixed revolution, which reaps harrowing results and tearful realizations, that has our dragons fighting a presumptuous war with no proper battle. And among all the disillusionment, perfectly cued anthem tracks, and rain, Amy, Taleena and I gush about our inability to keep our cheeks dry and delight intact as this show continues to maintain its balance of intrigue, sexy and all around goodness. Do you agree? Let us know your thoughts after the jump!

Life Lessons Learned

• Dramatic Musical Cues make map reading much more interesting
  • Water Buffalo Horns are the shizzle (snazzle? schnitzel? pretty sure it’s not schnitzel)
  • Goryeo age Korea and Snoop Dog references have now been crossed off my bucket list.
  • Boon Yi is adorable dressed up like a monk spy
  • Shoulder grabs can be sexier than a wrist grab
  • Careful instrument tuning is essential
  • Mothers in Law are the same the world over, telling you to show up OR ELSE
  • You should never make mother in law jokes where your mother in law will read them
  • If you are going to make a mother in law joke, you might as well get in as many as you can
  • I’m just glad my mother in law doesn’t run a large hotel conglomerate, wait wrong K drama
  • Black Horse = Revolution, White Horse = War, Brown Horse = ???
  • Anytime the Green Mountain Special theme plays the room gets dusty

to read more:

http://www.dramafever.com/news/six-flying-dragons-episodes-19-and-20-kings-reign-black-horses/

• Like 3

12 Korean actors who had breakout roles in 2015

by Vivi (drama fever)

Every year, a few actors suddenly capture drama viewers' attention with a surprising breakout role that sets them up for future stardom. Some of these actors have patiently played side characters until they hit the right role at the right time that really makes them shine, while others come out of the gate running, snatching attention in rookie performances. Here are 12 Korean actors who hit the jackpot with breakout roles in 2015:

11. Byun Yo Han

Breakout role: Six Flying Dragons

83d6d7d7-3959-4aa9-a6c0-783f7c16d5ba.jpg

After the success of Misaeng at the end of 2014, all of the cast members were poised for success. While Byun Yo Han's first leading role in Ex-Girlfriend's Club didn't do well in ratings, his follow-up role as Joseon's best swordsman in Six Flying Dragons is showing off the actor's ruggedly sexy side. Take his recent spectacular swordfight as a perfect example. He still has another 30 episodes to go until the end of the series (unless, of course, his character dies much earlier), but I'm pretty confident he won't have to wait long for another drama offer.

to read more:

http://www.dramafever.com/news/12-korean-actors-who-had-breakout-roles-in-2015/

• Like 6