Ji Chang Wook 지창욱 - Upcoming Dramas: "The Queen Woo" (우씨왕후) (TVING) / "Bulk" (벌크) (JTBC) / Upcoming Movie "Revolver" (리볼버)

cherkell

1 hour ago, MyStars said:

Went to this site and found some dude already had 86,000+ votes.  Whaaaat???? Whereas JCW had about 5000+ and looked to be in second place.  Misprint?  Miscount?  Sheer thievery? 

Again, many thanks for all of the information and pictures you provide.  Correlating and aggregating all of this information is not easy; in fact it is hard and thankless at times.  By the way, did an earthquake rock your world?  The one in the LA area, not the one in Mexico.  We all need to duck and cover at times but it seems this season there is nowhere safe to run and hide.

Looks like a repeat of last year's Power of the Idol Vote.  D.O is a member of EXO and their fan base turns out in droves for these events.  And this is only the first round of voting; the second round culls the herd from the original 50; the third and final round you have to pay for your votes for the final 10 nominees.  Even after all that, Wook ended up a very close second place to D.O last year when all was done and dusted.

Glad ta hear you went through Ridin' the Storm Out.  (As an expat Chicagoan, REO Speedwagon is still culturally-relevant in my world.)  We didn't feel the L.A. jolt, but last Thursday we had two 3.2s within 8 hours of each other centered in the East San Jose foothills.  The second one knocked me into the back of my car as I was walking to the parking lot.  Good times.

Granted, it had been a bit quiet (but not unexpected) in Wookie World.  All of a sudden, BOOM went the news feeds.  Life is good again. :blink:

• Like 3

***  Wahhh............time flies so fast – and NOW, JCW has completed his five-week basic military training! I'm happy that he received an award for his high achievement upon completing basic training. His pictures during his basic training surfaced online, JCW looks HOT in a military gear. JCW can be able to see his family now - because after training, they're given a leave or day-off for some days before they begin their military service. The Ministry of National Defense banned families from visiting conscripts during basic training as a part of plan to make the latter adjust faster to their new environment. There was a time when the Army has extended basic military training for recruits from five weeks to eight weeks as part of measures to beef up military readiness against North Korea then. :tongue:

• Like 3

19 hours ago, rhienz said:

Congratulation, Soldier Ji :heart:  We're very proud of your hard working, as always. Keep up, yo!
Will the soldiers get any free day after basic training completion? tagging @cherkell-ssi.

Normally, the recruits would get a day or two of rest after their Graduation Day off to visit with family (and only 3 friends of his choosing) on the base, then they are shipped out to their permanent assignments (in Wook's case, only up the road to the other battalion in Cheorwon).  But since tensions are ratcheting up with that wacko neighbor to the North, he will only get Graduation Day as a rest day before arriving at his new quarters today (Friday).

And then he starts all over at the bottom of the military pecking order as a newly-minted Private.  충성!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cherkell said:

Normally, the recruits would get a day or two of rest after their Graduation Day off to visit with family (and only 3 friends of his choosing) on the base, then they are shipped out to their permanent assignments (in Wook's case, only up the road to the other battalion in Cheorwon).  But since tensions are ratcheting up with that wacko neighbor to the North, he will only get Graduation Day as a rest day before arriving at his new quarters today (Friday).

And then he starts all over at the bottom of the military pecking order as a newly-minted Private.  충성!

Thank you for your reply, @cherkell-ssi.

Oh! That's why I saw Wook's friends pictures on IG. They're visiting him on his grad day. 

Yeah, that wacko neighbor to the North. Hoping for Wook's and all nation's safety.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, rhienz said:

Thank you for your reply, @cherkell-ssi.

Oh! That's why I saw Wook's friends pictures on IG. They're visiting him on his grad day. 

Yeah, that wacko neighbor to the North. Hoping for Wook's and all nation's safety.

I'm quite flabbergasted to see all those photos and videos being shared on social media since the military security restrictions are still in effect, so that's why his buds were quite cautious about posting on IG.  Only 2 photos were considered "officially released" -- the ones that the news feeds posted.  Since it's a more heavily-secured base, photo access is going to get even more locked down once Wook gets settled in at the 5th Artillery.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

On 9/21/2017 at 10:10 AM, cherkell said:

Looks like a repeat of last year's Power of the Idol Vote.  D.O is a member of EXO and their fan base turns out in droves for these events.  And this is only the first round of voting; the second round culls the herd from the original 50; the third and final round you have to pay for your votes for the final 10 nominees.  Even after all that, Wook ended up a very close second place to D.O last year when all was done and dusted.

I had to go and check out EXO and Do, because even though I've been hanging around KDrama for a long time, I was never into the whole music scene.  JCW and you all on this forum have broadened my horizons and I am just trying to learn as fast as I can......anyway these EXO people were not to my taste:  "Surly" is way overdone.   So what is happening is which Idol has the most rabid fan base.:grimace:

Even though voting is a colossal time waster,  just like trying not to watch a train wreck, I had to log in and vote.   

P.S.  Being knocked off your feet in broad daylight with no hint of disaster,  oy gevalt!

[News] Ji Chang Wook sends his second letter from the army

dhff0scumaihhma.jpg?w=600&h=429

It’s been a mere 45 days since Ji Chang Wook entered the Korean military for his mandatory service, and we’re sure everyone is wondering how our little Soldier Boy has been holding up through his basic training assignment.  So yesterday, Glorious Entertainment posted Ji Chang Wook’s second letter to his fans!

Please note that this letter is dated 20 September 2017, written the day before Wook’s graduation from basic training.

dkss7x3uiaem5jl1.jpg?w=600&h=847

letter01.jpg?w=600

To offer some context to his letter, Ji Chang Wook was referring to an ongoing boycott against his Korean fan cafe DayRock, which has been accused of treating some members unfairly and for receiving special privileges from his agency. We shall not elaborate further on this matter since The Kitchen would prefer to take a neutral stance, and we hope all parties will arrive at an amicable resolution soon.

NOTE:  Wook’s new mailing address at the 5th Artillery Brigade has yet to be determined.  We will provide it as soon as it is announced.

Credit:  Glorious Entertainment

Translated from Korean to English by Gabby.  PLEASE DO NOT REPRINT, REPURPOSE, TRANSLATE INTO OTHER LANGUAGES, SCREENCAP OR OTHERWISE COPY OUR CONTENT WITHOUT WRITTEN PERMISSION.

• Like 1

Thanks, @cherkell and friend Gabby for this translation.  Is he at least a one-star by now?  I don't know what the ranks are in the SK Army.....but the closest I can come without looking anything up would correspond to a brigadier general in the US.  Or am I really dating myself?  Srsly.....he is too good at everything not to make his mark in the military as well, although he may not want to.

He is very well-spoken.  His education and intelligence just shine out through his words (which are carefully and thoughtfully translated).  These kinds of things make me more sure he is what is considered old-fashioned in some parts of the world today ~ A Good Man. 

[Magazine] Woman Sense, September 2017 issue – Ji Chang Wook’s last interview before enlistment

35939-257020-sample.jpg?w=600&h=729

His appearances are not ordinary, but his personality is very ordinary. And that’s why he shines even more. Ji Chang Wook enlisted at the Gangwon Province Cheorwon training institute on 14 August. There are many problems concerning celebrities’ army enlistment these days, yet he enlisted coolly for active duty. We met up with him at a restaurant in Yeouido before he enlisted.

Sorry to start off by talking about the army, but how are you feeling?
I’d be lying if I said I’m not feeling uneasy, but I’m not feeling anxious only either. Everyone has to go to the army anyway. Actually, it’s not going to be for a very long time either. I think I feel relieved instead. There will be more interesting things after I return and I think I’ll be more relaxed. Moreover, I think there will be some changes in me during the 1 year and 9 months, and I have some anticipation of that for myself.

How are the people around you reacting?
My friends will start talking about the army the moment they meet me. They tell me this and that as advice, but I’m not sure if those are words of advice or are they teasing me (laughs). I had my birthday recently and they asked “Do you need anything when you go to the army? Shall I give it to you as a present?” I told them jokingly, “How about, a G-Shock watch? (a rough watch that is known as a watch for soldiers)” A staff member at the film set also joked, “Time seems to pass very quickly in the army right? It’s hell.” And someone also said, “The four seasons in Gangwon Province are summer, winter, real winter, and real real winter.” (laughs) I shall only think positively.

You are 31 this year. You are enlisting late right?
Since I’m enlisting late, I ought to face this diligently with fun and in good health. Compared to coming up with an ambitious plan, I wish to have a fun time with the friends I meet in the army. I wish to become a meaningful person in the lives of those friends, and I want to have a happy time in my life too. I don’t want to feel regret when I look back on those times.

Continue reading:  https://jichangwookkitchen.com/2017/10/01/magazine-woman-sense-september-2017-issue-ji-chang-wooks-last-interview-before-enlistment/

• Like 2

On 9/30/2017 at 10:55 PM, cherkell said:

His appearances are not ordinary, but his personality is very ordinary. And that’s why he shines even more.

The quote above is not from Cherkell but from the magazine Women Sense.  My issue is NOT with the translation.  I think the translators are meticulous and honest, with complete integrity.  Therefore, the issue is with the writer of the article and the magazine.

What on earth do these two sentences actually mean?  I am really puzzled and a little put out.  Granted "his appearances" (physical appearance is what I take that to mean) is not in any way ordinary, but to say that "his personality is VERY ordinary" is beyond comprehension.  (All emphasis in the above is mine.)  The author never defines personality.  Fill in the blanks.....so I did.

Granted, we're not talking Pulitzer Prize winning journalism here, but, geez, people,  what does one "not ordinary" and one "ordinary"  added together even equal?  According to the author of the article it makes him "shine(s) even more."  My math would make it a pure zero.  But in reality I know and other JCW fans know that nothing about this man is ordinary.  Nothing.  Something makes him shine but the political language of today's cultural equivalency causes moral and intellectual cop-outs, so he is ordinary.  Sigh.  

The article's author sites many instances of JCW being a human on the planet like many of us: having a parent or two,  friends  ("And I think I will miss my friends even though they are “good-for-nothing” friends who will tease me whenever they meet me") even friends in low places ,  pets, goals, ambitions.  I guess that is what is meant by being ordinary.  It is one of the definitions in a dictionary or thesaurus.   But what this man, JCW, has done  with his "ordinary" is something not even one in 100 million of us could hope to emulate or accomplish.  I applaud him for that,  and grant him benediction.  

Dear Ji Chang Wook.....give us your "ordinary" in dramas and movies,  given your"ordinary" personality.  I'll be there with checkbook in hand......heart in hand.

For Your Viewing Pleasure: Brazen Red

Welcome back to another installment of For Your Viewing Pleasure, where we take time out of the week to curate a set of photos from the K-pop landscape.

Roses, holiday table cloths, rouge lipstick, spaghetti sauce, strawberries, and Lightening McQueen are all vastly different objects with an obvious tie-in: the bold, impassioned aura that inevitably comes with being red-tinged. However, the flashy primary color has finally edged its way out of ugly Christmas sweaters, Santa suits, and ’50’s mod looks. In fact, red has recently reared its eye-catching head onto runway shows, designating itself as the new “it” color for the fall 2017 fashion season. 

Nonetheless, red is quite a daunting color, requiring a great deal of confidence and good judgement to pull off. Take some cues from these Korean fashion publications and how they work the audacious color into both the models’ outfits and the composition of the photographs — sometimes sprinkling in little morsels of it for a small fiery accent, and going all out with it when aiming for a more editorial look.

20171002_seoulbeats_jichangwook_1stlook.

(Images via 1st Look

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : seoulbeats

• Like 2