Ji Chang Wook 지창욱 - Upcoming Dramas: "The Queen Woo" (우씨왕후) (TVING) / "Bulk" (벌크) (JTBC) / Upcoming Movie "Revolver" (리볼버)

cherkell

2 hours ago, cherkell said:

Unfortunately, handphone use is strictly regulated amongst recruits.  During basic training/boot camp, absolutely NO PC use, handphone use, nor the use of tobacco is allowed whatsoever.  You can only write letters to friends and family members.  The rules relax somewhat once you get assigned to an army base (in Wook's case), but the standard for 'entertainers' is that they are not allowed to "promote themselves" via the use of social media and the like because they're now under the Government's pay structure (which is only about $165 USD per month for privates the last time I looked earlier this year).

We'll probably see a few things dribbled out by Glorious through May 2019, but as to regularly seeing his bright, shining face in Instagram or Weibo remains to be seen depending on where he is stationed after finishing basic training.  At least we'll definitely see a few pics when he can finally take a few leave days during his service time... if he's not stationed close to the DMZ.  Then all bets are off.  

I seee..well I don't know what to say. Other than best wishes and prayers for his enlistment. You said that once training period is over, he can chose any base station? I mean he can chose Gangnam province and not the border/frontline?

4 hours ago, siddy09 said:

I seee..well I don't know what to say. Other than best wishes and prayers for his enlistment. You said that once training period is over, he can chose any base station? I mean he can chose Gangnam province and not the border/frontline?

Sorry sweetie, there is no such thing as Gangnam Province.  There is a Gangnam District in Seoul City where most of the civilian soldiers/police officers serve (the "desk duty" recruits), but that's not where Wook will end up after basic training.  And he cannot choose which outpost to be stationed at; that is up to the Korean Government to place him at an outpost for the rest of his service time.  Wook stated he's enlisting in the Army Infantry, so there are a number of outposts throughout Korea where he will be assigned.  (The couple I mentioned earlier are just examples of a few of the Army posts in South Korea that I am familiar with, since I have friends whose Army sons were stationed there in the past.)  We'll just have to patiently wait until that information is shared at a later date.

And that's pretty much all any of us can say at this point.  We wish him well, pray he doesn't get hurt, and hope for the best! :wub:

• Like 1

[Video] Ji Chang Wook shares his thoughts on “Suspicious Partner”

vlcsnap-2017-07-13-10h52m57s704.png?w=60

Glorious Entertainment shares their video of Ji Chang Wook relaying his thoughts about his drama “Suspicious Partner” coming to an end.  Let’s take a look!

In the video, he talks about his feelings now that “Suspicious Partner” has ended and expresses his heartfelt gratitude. He also leaves what would probably be the first of several goodbye messages before he leaves for the army. *SOBS*

Watch the video here -- click on CC for English subtitles.

PLEASE DO NOT REPRINT, REPURPOSE, SCREENCAP OR OTHERWISE COPY OUR CONTENT WITHOUT WRITTEN PERMISSION.  These videos were uploaded for the sole purpose of providing English subtitles to international fans. No copyright infringement intended.

Credit:  Glorious Entertainment You Tube

• Like 1

[News] Ji Chang Wook is first in July drama actor brand reputation ranking

0000484727_002_20170510160006144.jpg?w=6

We could get quite used to this! Congratulations to Ji Chang Wook for taking the top spot again in July’s brand reputation rankings for drama actors!

julyactorrankings2.jpg?w=600

The Korea Business Research Institute conducted an analysis of 100,064,895 pieces of data of 50 actors starring in ongoing dramas between 15 June 2017 and 16 July 2017. The research looked into aspects such as consumers’ brand participation, media mentions and engagement level.  This was a 20.23% decrease from the 125,441,267 pieces of data analysed in June.

In first place, Ji Chang Wook scored 1,337,084 points for participation, 849,072 for media mentions, 1,217,216 for engagement, 4,243,699 for community engagement, and a total of 7,647,071 points for brand reputation.  Comparing this to June’s brand reputation index of 11,243,884, his numbers fell by 31.99%, but many other reputation numbers also declined during this period.

julyactorrankings.jpg?w=600

In second place is actor Park Seo Joon and in third place is actress Kim Ji Won, both from the KBS drama “Fight My Way (which also had its finale this week).  Wook’s “Suspicious Partner” co-stars Nam Ji Hyun finished in 8th place, and Choi Tae Joon finished in 26th place for this July reporting period.

The report also mentioned Ji Chang Wook’s brand is “not only for dramas but also as a musical actor, and he is expanding his acting area by going through various stages, and building a strong female fan community.”

Credit:  OSEN

• Like 4

[Event/CF] Ji Chang Wook meets his fans for 24 Miracle (image heavy)

201707161431281810_2.jpg?w=600

As previously reported here, Ji Chang Wook was recently named as an endorser for the brand-new Korean cosmetics line 24 Miracle.  On 16 July, the company held a fan sign for 80 lucky draw attendees at the Starfield Hanam Shopping Mall in Hanam City, Gyeonggi-do.

But even though you may have not been one of the 80 fans pulled for the lucky draw, you could still get a glimpse of Ji Chang Wook.  In fact, the mall was overflowing with hundreds of fans on both levels overlooking the photowall and stage where Wook was able to greet the boisterous crowd assembled for what may be one of his few last public appearances before enlisting on 14 August.

201707161429171810_1.jpg?w=600

201707161422679246_1.jpg?w=600

201707161421558205_1.jpg?w=600

Some light bantering with the event’s emcee ("Gag Concert" comedian Lee Sang Hun), and then it was time to get down to work!

Continue reading https://jichangwookkitchen.com/2017/07/16/eventcf-ji-chang-wook-meets-his-fans-for-24-miracle-image-heavy/

• Like 4

Thank you @cherkell, been waiting for some posts from the fan sign event. *heart*
On his make-up, was it too much BB cream? 

May I have a question? I saw IG posts about Wook doing guirrella date. Is that some kind of interview and Wook taking pictures with fan outside? Who did the interview? Thank you.

2 hours ago, rhienz said:

Thank you @cherkell, been waiting for some posts from the fan sign event. *heart*
On his make-up, was it too much BB cream? 

May I have a question? I saw IG posts about Wook doing guirrella date. Is that some kind of interview and Wook taking pictures with fan outside? Who did the interview? Thank you.

I'm thinking his base foundation was a bit too thick for his appearance.  It's been extremely hot and sunny in the Seoul area for the past few weeks and maybe his coordi slathered on a bit too much to even out any redness in his face. :D

Wook did film a Guerilla Date segment in Hongdae for KBS's "Entertainment Weekly" program in the early evening yesterday, after returning from the 24 Miracle event in Gyeonggi-do.  The interviewer was that program's reporter Kim Sangmin and the tentative air date for this segment will be on one of their Friday broadcasts at 10:30 PM KST.

• Like 3

Ji chang wook Looked sooooo handsome in both events of today..

Dark Blue really suits him :) that is my favorite color too :wub: and finally who wouldn't love JCW with his hair up #PerfectLook

My fav photos during his 24miracle fansign cr on the picture

DE2_NBFXcAAGyNF.jpg

DE1YNetUwAA_VX8.jpg

And I liked how his hair was styled during the Guerilla date show , he was wearing one of Noh Ji Wook shirts~~

My favorite photo ~~ Happy that he is finally recognized for his hard work^_^

DE3tn5nU0AAaA1b.jpg

• Like 3

[Drama] Ro-co King Ji Chang Wook, “Every moment with Ji Chang Wook was happy”

ljm_37_343_f1_e18485e185a9e18480e185a9.j

Glorious Entertainment presents the last behind-the-scenes photos for “Suspicious Partner” and says goodbye to Noh Ji Wook.

e18480e185aee18489e185a5e186bc41.jpg?w=6

You gave me romance.  Thanks to you, I spent happy nights.

e18480e185aee18489e185a5e186bc5.jpg?w=60

Prosecutor Noh Ji Wook and Attorney Eun Bong Hee.  Face to face again.

ljm_37_861_f1_e18485e185a9e18480e185a9.j

The promise to be together for life.  So… with a deep heart, the end.

Continue reading https://jichangwookkitchen.com/2017/07/17/drama-ro-co-king-ji-chang-wook-every-moment-i-was-happy/

• Like 1

On 7/16/2017 at 9:37 AM, cherkell said:

[News] Ji Chang Wook is first in July drama actor brand reputation ranking

We could get quite used to this! Congratulations to Ji Chang Wook for taking the top spot again in July’s brand reputation rankings for drama actors!

The Korea Business Research Institute conducted an analysis of 100,064,895 pieces of data of 50 actors starring in ongoing dramas between 15 June 2017 and 16 July 2017. The research looked into aspects such as consumers’ brand participation, media mentions and engagement level.  This was a 20.23% decrease from the 125,441,267 pieces of data analysed in June.

In first place, Ji Chang Wook scored 1,337,084 points for participation, 849,072 for media mentions, 1,217,216 for engagement, 4,243,699 for community engagement, and a total of 7,647,071 points for brand reputation.  Comparing this to June’s brand reputation index of 11,243,884, his numbers fell by 31.99%, but many other reputation numbers also declined during this period.

In second place is actor Park Seo Joon and in third place is actress Kim Ji Won, both from the KBS drama “Fight My Way (which also had its finale this week).  Wook’s “Suspicious Partner” co-stars Nam Ji Hyun finished in 8th place, and Choi Tae Joon finished in 26th place for this July reporting period.

The report also mentioned Ji Chang Wook’s brand is “not only for dramas but also as a musical actor, and he is expanding his acting area by going through various stages, and building a strong female fan community.”

Credit:  OSEN

*** Thanks for sharing this. As far as I know this brand reputation index is an index that extracts brand big data and classifies consumer behavior into reputation analysis value, participation value, communication value, media value, community value, & social value. Meanwhile, I'm happy that JCW is one among the 30 actors in within the brand reputation. :tongue:

On 7/14/2017 at 8:01 PM, cherkell said:

Unfortunately, handphone use is strictly regulated amongst recruits.  During basic training/boot camp, absolutely NO PC use, handphone use, nor the use of tobacco is allowed whatsoever.  You can only write letters to friends and family members.  The rules relax somewhat once you get assigned to an army base (in Wook's case), but the standard for 'entertainers' is that they are not allowed to "promote themselves" via the use of social media and the like because they're now under the Government's pay structure (which is only about $165 USD per month for privates the last time I looked earlier this year).

We'll probably see a few things dribbled out by Glorious through May 2019, but as to regularly seeing his bright, shining face in Instagram or Weibo remains to be seen depending on where he is stationed after finishing basic training.  At least we'll definitely see a few pics when he can finally take a few leave days during his service time... if he's not stationed close to the DMZ or war breaks out.  Then all bets are off.  

***  Actually, on the Day 1 inside the camp, all unnecessary items you brought in are returned back home. Prohibited items are mobile phones, MP3 & jewelries. BEFORE - technology gadgets are not allowed in the military - this is also the reason why military restricts soldiers access to the public even to their family & loved-ones, causing concern among military leaders that high military secrets could be leaked. I read that now more than 500,000 males are enlisted. I heard that mobile phones now are allowed inside the military but it depends on the base where you’re stationed. A lot of bases now have regular Internet access, although a lot of them (particularly those on the front line) do not have. NOW - The Ministry of National Defense has distributed mobile phones to military barracks since the year (2015). They distributed one mobile phone for a group of eight to 10 soldiers in a barrack to share so that they could use it during free periods after working hours or during weekends. For security reasons, the phones has been programmed only to receive calls and will not be smartphones. The military explained that soldiers will be able to send text messages to ask their relatives to call them. The military had tested-run the phone service in frontline units before they expanded it to other barracks nationwide. Ye, recruits can communicate with their family & loved-ones during weekends especially SUNDAY or on breaks through a letter – they could call but it’s a collect call. 

Also, while serving mandatory for security reasons, military personnel must not take part in commercial activities especially when working in the Defence Media Agency. At the same time, soldiers/recruits who are serving their national service cannot engage in any profit-making activity, even if they are on leave. (not sure if this still applies because Song Joong Ki appeared in a CF while on MS then). They're given an allowance during MS. Like RAIN's case then he only get paid on $96 a month.

The military has already decided to allow conscripts to meet their family members at boot camps. They will be able to see their family after (4-5) weeks of basic training because after training, he'll be given a leave or day-off for some days before he begins his military service. . I was told that the Ministry of National Defense banned families from visiting conscripts during basic training in 1998 as a part of plans to make the latter adjust faster to their new environment. And after serving 100 days inside the army, he’ll be granted another vacation for about 1-week to spend this with his loved-ones.

[Instagram Update] 18 July 2017

유희열의 스케치북 끄읏
즐거웠습니다 감사합니다

Finished Yoo Hee Yeol’s Sketchbook 
It was fun. Thank you

*Note: Together with Ji Chang Wook in the photo are singers 2Bic. They are his good friends and he will be appearing with them on the show.

• Like 2

[Variety] Ji Chang Wook arrives at KBS for the filming of “Yoo Hee Yeol’s Sketchbook”

1oiivp7dw5_1.jpg?w=600

On the afternoon of 18 July, Ji Chang Wook arrived at the KBS Public Hall Studios in Yeouido to film another segment for the “Yoo Hee Yeol’s Sketchbook” musical variety program, this time around appearing on stage with his good friends, ballad group 2BiC.  As usual, the press was there to catch him at the studio entrance beforehand.  Let’s check it out!

1oiiuupxu5_1.jpg?w=600

Ji Chang Wook, who has recently finished filming the SBS drama “Suspicious Partner,” is about to enter his military service in August. From the fans’ perspective, every moment that you can see Ji Chang Wook in person becomes more precious now.

65f6b4f97ebf7386cb07ce5061b2dfaf.jpg?w=6

Today, more than 100 fans were standing by to watch Ji Chang Wook arrive at KBS for the recording of “Yoo Hee Yeol’s Sketchbook.”  Ji Chang Wook also focused on fan service, greeting fans all the way up the boulevard to the KBS Public Hall where the recording was taking place.

Continue reading →https://jichangwookkitchen.com/2017/07/18/variety-ji-chang-wook-arrives-for-the-filming-of-yoo-hee-yeols-sketchbook/

• Like 4

@cherkell Thanks for sharing and translating ! I find it weird that another tv chanel ( a rival ) than SBS is inviting JCW in one of it's programs and right after the drama ended!! it's kind of promoting sbs+jcw and kbs itself :D or may be it's likely to happen in the S.korean entertainemnt industry? 

Anywyas it still great that everybody is trying to chase the opportunity to record a show with JCW before his enlistement..

I like that he keep changing his hairstyle whenever he appears and I really like his "unbuttoned" shirts :tongue: 

Hot Ji Chang Wook :heart:

DFAmaOPVYAAoPbl.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bizertine said:

@cherkell Thanks for sharing and translating ! I find it weird that another tv chanel ( a rival ) than SBS is inviting JCW in one of it's programs and right after the drama ended!! it's kind of promoting sbs+jcw and kbs itself :D or may be it's likely to happen in the S.korean entertainemnt industry?

That is a pretty standard procedure for K-entertainment; once an actor's drama has aired its finale, all bets are off and any broadcast network can grab a piece of him thereafter.  Granted, Wook cannot mention the drama's title or the network he just appeared on in a rival station's program, but since he was getting ready to film another episode of "Sketchbook" on KBS2, he can use his Guerilla Date appearance to promote that instead.

And yes, he's an extra-hot commodity right now because of his upcoming enlistment.  Everyone and their grandmother wants Wook to sit for interviews and photoshoots from now until 13 August... but good luck with that.  He's already limiting his exposure to the press by holding a pool press conference for his post-SP interviews, and not sitting for each and every news outlet like for past shows.  You know he's not going to waste what precious time he has left on trivial matters, and do what he wants to do for a change without any agency interference instead.

D-21 and counting.............

• Like 2