Ji Chang Wook 지창욱 - Upcoming Dramas: "The Queen Woo" (우씨왕후) (TVING) / "Bulk" (벌크) (JTBC) / Upcoming Movie "Revolver" (리볼버)

cherkell

44 minutes ago, willenette said:
Multi-talented actor JI Chang-wook is set to grace Malaysian shores next week for the first time ever on 8 April 2017, to discuss his new action crime film, Fabricated City.

@willenette  So excited that he will on Malaysian shores.  Any info on when/time/flight he will be arriving in Malaysia?  Would like to wait at the airport to welcome him.  Thanks.

1 hour ago, renaoh said:

@willenette  So excited that he will on Malaysian shores.  Any info on when/time/flight he will be arriving in Malaysia?  Would like to wait at the airport to welcome him.  Thanks.

Hi renaoh, so NICE to know that you're from that side. I hope you could get to see him up close soon. Sorry, but no idea of his flight schedule but once I have info I'll let you know.....:lol:

[Award] Ji Chang Wook scores New Actor nomination in 2017 Baeksang Arts Awards

capture.png?w=600&h=440

Congratulations to Ji Chang Wook, as he scored a nomination in the category of New Actor Award (Movie) category for the 53rd Baeksang Arts Awards, which will be held on Wednesday, 3 May 2017.

The Baeksang Arts Awards (commonly referred to as the “Korean Golden Globe Awards”) is an awards ceremony held annually by IS Plus Corporation, the publisher of Ilkan Sports, since 1965.  These awards are to honour oustanding achievements in the South Korean entertainment industry for films, television, theatre and musical works.

This year, Ji Chang Wook has been nominated in the New Actor Award (Movie) category for his starring role in the film “Fabricated City”. Also nominated in the same category are actors Do Kyung Soo (“My Annoying Brother”), Ryu Jun Yeol (“The King”), Woo Do Hwan (“Master”), and Han Jae Young (“New Trial”).

This year’s ceremony will be held at the Coex Hall D in Gangnam-gu, Seoul beginning at 5:00pm local time, and will be streamed on many online sites such as JTBC, JTBC2, and others.  We’ll update this post with their links as soon as more details are available!

Credit:  OSEN; Baeksang Arts Awards Facebook

• Like 1

[Event] Ji Chang Wook heads to Malaysia for “Fabricated City”image

Ji Chang Wook was photographed at Incheon International Airport earlier this afternoon as he prepared to board his flight to Malaysia, where he will be attending a promotional event for his film “Fabricated City” and the launch of cable channel tvN Movies.

Ever the hardworking guy, he was spotted holding the script books of his upcoming drama “Suspicious Partner”, probably to make use of the flight time to study his new role. Coincidentally, singer Jessica Jung was also boarding the same flight as him for a separate event in Malaysia.

Here are the press pictures of him at the airport. Enjoy!

wp-1491559199026.jpeg?w=370&h=&crop&ssl=

https://jichangwookkitchen.com/2017/04/07/event-ji-chang-wook-heads-to-malaysia-for-fabricated-city/

[Tutorial] Vote for Ji Chang Wook at the 2017 Baeksang Arts Awards!

bsvote.jpg?w=600&h=337

While we can only hope and pray that Ji Chang Wook wins a Best New Actor Award at the 53rd Baeksang Arts Awards (that’s for the judges to decide), we fans can still do our part by casting our votes in the Popular Film Actor category. Here’s how.

Voting period: 7 April 2017 – 28 April 2017 (midnight; Korean time)
*Each person is limited to 10 votes per day.

Step 1: Download the official Baeksang Arts Awards Vote App from Google Play for Android devices, or from the App Store for Apple devices. (Note: The app for Apple devices may not be downloadable as it is still pending review on the App Store.)  EDIT:  Link is now LIVE!!!

Step 2: Open the app after it is installed and go to Settings, which is the bottom right button on the menu below. Log in. See screenshot below.

screenshot_01.jpg?w=600&h=1067

Step 3: Choose your preferred method of signing in. Register a new account or sign in using your existing Facebook, Gmail or Naver account.

More instructions here:  https://jichangwookkitchen.com/2017/04/08/tutorial-vote-for-ji-chang-wook-at-the-2017-baeksang-arts-awards/

[Event] Ji Chang Wook wows the crowd in Malaysia for “Fabricated City” premiere (image heavy)

17799108_10155354053472275_1990835884561

Ji Chang Wook made his first-ever visit to Malaysia on 8 April 2017 in advance of his movie “Fabricated City” 20 April premiere and to assist with the launch of tvN Movies into Malaysia.  As expected, crowds were all over the place to witness his every move at the airport, press conference and red carpet appearance!

17861770_10155353260917275_3820539760122

Wook sat down for a brief interview with GSC’s resident emcee at the Westin Kuala Lumpur, where they discussed more about himself, his impressions on his first starring movie role in “Fabricated City,” and his first impressions of Malaysia (since it was his first-ever visit).  He was also presented with a box of special GSC popcorn, as the cinema chain is celebrating its 30th anniversary of opening in Malaysia.  Looks like the poor boy hadn’t eaten much that day, as he pretty much inhaled the contents whilst being interviewed.

17800421_10155353261507275_5655672043298

Continue reading https://jichangwookkitchen.com/2017/04/09/event-ji-chang-wook-wows-the-crowd-in-malaysia-for-fabricated-city-premiere-image-heavy/

Ji Chang Wook Reveals He Was ‘Scared’ In ‘Fabricated City’, His Upcoming New Drama And Military Enlistment

If you recall Ji Chang Wook in the prison scenes, that feel seems to come out from him genuinely.

World’s first and only Korean Blockbuster, tvN Movies, has recently brought actor Ji Chang Wook for the first time to Malaysia for his new action crime movie ‘Fabricated City’. He plays the role of protagonist Kwon Yu. Fabricated City has since topped South Korea’s local box office on its opening weekend.

On April 8, Ji Chang Wook greeted the media with his charming smile at the press conference, held at The Westin, Kuala Lumpur. He mentioned about his role in the new movie, his thoughts prior and during filming, his plans before enlisting the military, and other bits and pieces about him.

Q: Can you share a little bit on your role you played in this movie as Kwon Yu?

JI: The role Kwon Yu is – he got wrongly accused as a serial killer in 3 mins 16 secs. So throughout the whole movie, Kwon Yu was trying to solve through these fabricated problems.

Q: What are your preparations to become Kwon Yu?

JI: So for this project, unlike other projects, I did not create another character in this movie, but I just brought myself out as how I would react to this situation.

Q: Tell us, how similar are you in real life compared to your character in the movie?

JI: Well, to be honest, I don’t think we have any similarity. Because Kwon Yu, he fights for something that is unfair to him. But if I am him, I wouldn’t do something like what Kwon Yu does.
20170408_JCW_4.jpg?resize=620%2C414

Q: What are some of the most challenging parts on filming ‘Fabricated City’?

JI: So in my memory, everything was really very difficult. For the weather part, it was hot and cold. And on emotions, I was working into the character – so I was emotionally tired as well. And there was a lot of action scenes, so I was also physically tired.

Q: What are the most memorable moments while shooting ‘Fabricated City’?

JI: When I think about the most memorable moment, I can only think about the difficult and tiring part. But if I want to point it out, I would want to say the prison scenes. Because in my mind, prison is a very scary place, so there’s no reality in the movie but we just showed it as a really scary place. During the whole scene in the prison, I was tired and scared.

Q: As seen in the trailer, it looks kind of an action movie. So have you ever sustained any injuries while filming this movie?

JI: Throughout this whole film, there was no major injury. But when we’re filming, there would be like minor scratches or little injuries. So throughout this whole movie, to prevent major injuries, we went for rehearsal for a lot of times to prevent these kind of things.

Spoiler

Q: What was your impression of Malaysia before you came? And now that you’re here, has it changed? Do you love Malaysia? Is this your first time here in Malaysia?

JI: It’s actually my first time here. Before I came to Malaysia, I was very curious, after that, all the welcomings really surprised me. So have I changed my mind? I couldn’t really answer that because I haven’t get to know Malaysia well because I was staying in my room for the whole time. Maybe I’ll consider to visit Malaysia again for travel purpose.

Q: I believe all the fans really loves you and would like to know more about you. Could you reveal a bit of your next coming project?

JI: Once I go back to Korea, we will start filming this drama. It is a mystery, romance, and comedy drama. It’s something that I’ve never acted before. It’s about a prosecutor turned into a lawyer, so it’ll be fun.

Q: What do you want to do most before enlisting into the military?

JI: Recently, I get that question a lot. I have a scheduled project coming up, so before I go to the military, I have to complete that project. If time permits, I would like to go travelling as well.

Q: Back to acting, you’ve taken up a lot of physically challenging roles such as ‘K2’ and ‘Healer’, and now, ‘Fabricated City’. Do you prefer action movies to other genres?

JI: I used to like action movies a lot. I liked to act the actions. But now, I’m starting to avoid. It’s still good, but it’s physically tiring, physically challenging, so I’ll try to adapt different roles.

Q: What are the differences in filming films and dramas?

JI: I couldn’t really feel the difference between film and drama, but I always have the stereotype that there will be a difference between film and drama. So throughout this whole film, I was facing some difficulties because of this stereotype. This might be systematically different, but for me as an actor, I couldn’t notice the difference.

As the high-spirited press conference with Ji Chang Wook came to an end, he sincerely thanked the fans and supporters for all the support and welcomes given to him. He promised to work harder to fulfill their expectations.

Lastly, he expressed that he was really happy to be in Malaysia, and being able to meet the fans and public in the country.

The press conference wrapped up with photo sessions of Ji Chang Wook and some lucky fans.

‘Fabricated City’ is proudly presented by tvN Movies, World’s First & Only Korean Blockbuster movie channel, available in Malaysia via HyppTV (CH 222) since 1 April 2017.

Special thanks to tvN & tvN Movies and Sony Pictures Entertainment for the media invite.

Event covered by Colly and Yi Xuan (BUT).

source : Hellokpop

Spoiler

• Like 1

[Magazine] Ji Chang Wook is a cover model for KWave M

83813991-1.jpg?w=600&h=600

Ji Chang Wook will be fronting the cover of KWave M’s latest issue.  Going with the concept of “sculpture”, Ji Chang Wook goes with the charismatic sculpted look sporting various fashion styles such as a black turtleneck and slacks, pyjama-style shirt, a flower patterned jacket, and overcoat.

In the interview following the photoshoot, he speaks about the ideal kind of day he would like to spend, “I always wear a loose fitting T-shirt and knee-length training shorts at home. Although I usually dress fashionably thanks to my job, I have a relaxed appearance at home just like any ordinary guy.”

83813993-1.jpg?w=600&h=600

Cooking videos are the rage these days so he was asked if he cooks at home. He said with a smile, “The only dish I know how to cook is ramyun. I also wish to be a cool guy who can cook, but I’m still enjoying the homecooked food that my mum prepares for me.”

He who harbours romantic dreams of a man in his thirties said, “I don’t wish to fret over my approaching forties and the years to come, I just wish to lead my life not much differently from how I am right now.”

83813992-1.jpg?w=600&h=600

Ji Chang Wook’s photo spread and more detailed interview can be found in Issue 48 of KWave M.

Credit: Osen

[Event] Ji Chang Wook returns to Hong Kong for “JCW 2017 #Diary” fan meeting

jcw-6_1.jpg?w=600&h=400

After a busy day at the launch of tvN Movies and the gala premiere of “Fabricated City” in Malaysia, Ji Chang Wook was swiftly whizzed off to Hong Kong for his “JCW 2017 #Diary” fan meeting the next day (9 April 2017).

At close to 1:30pm, Ji Chang Wook arrived at Hong Kong International Airport, but fans waiting to receive him did not get many chances to see him as he made a quick getaway to his car via the VIP exit in light of his tight schedule. He still managed to give a quick wave to the lucky few fans and media who got to see him as he got into his car.

It was back to his hotel for a quick nap and to prepare for the evening ahead at the Kowloon Bay International Trade and Exhibition Center (KITEC).  The  “2017 JCW in Hong Kong #Diary” was the second fan meeting after his initial visit in June 2015.  Many floral stands stood at the entrance from Wook’s various fan clubs.

1491793859_50f5.jpg?w=600&h=450

The audience was then in for a real treat, as Wook started off the show by unexpectedly entering from the rear of the auditorium carrying a basket of red roses and proceeded to pass them out to the crowd whilst singing “I Will Protect You” from the “Healer” OST.

jcw-1_1.jpg?w=600&h=400

Going with the theme of “diary”, the fan meeting revealed how a week in the life of Ji Chang Wook is like.  The show began with a busy Monday of work. A video played recalling the past, and when December 2014 was mentioned, fans immediately answered “Healer!” Ji Chang Wook laughed, “You all seem to know better than me… I was working hard on filming ‘Healer’ back then. That drama was well-liked by many people, but I had to brave the cold of winter to film it.”

Continue reading-->https://jichangwookkitchen.com/2017/04/09/event-ji-chang-wook-returns-to-hong-kong-for-jcw-2017-diary-fan-meeting/

Ji Chang Wook for TVN Launch and Fabricated City in Malaysia

DSC_4274%255B1%255D.JPG

Ji Chang Wook, one of hot korean actor was in town on 8 April 2017 for TVN movies launch and Fabricated City Gala premiere.
During the press conference for Fabricated City, he talk about the hardship he had to endure during the filming of the movie. One of the challenge is at the start of the filming, the weather was hot but towards the end the weather was very cold. Despite that he gave his best. This time around his character required a lot of actions and fighting scenes. His character: In real life, Kwon Yoo (Ji Chang Wook) is unemployed but in the virtual world he is recognized as a top gamer with no rival. 

DSC_4282%255B1%255D.JPG

This is his first time in Malaysia, he would like to come again for holiday and explore more about Malaysia. Currently he is busy with filming romantic comedy drama. He will be enlisted in army by the end of this year.
_DSC3175.JPG
_DSC3383.JPG

source : http://koreancrazed.blogspot.com/

Ji Chang-wook relaxes at home

restmb_jhidxmake.php?idx=5&simg=20170412

Ji Chang-wook opened up about how he spends his free time at home, in a recent interview with a global Hallyu magazine.

“I like to stay relaxed at home. I often wear an oversized short-sleeved shirt with sweat pants that are down to the knees,” the actor said. “Because I’m an actor I get to wear fashionable clothes but at home, I’m not different from any other man.”

(KWave M)

Ji also talked about the food he cooks at home. “The only food I can make is ramen noodle. So I eat home-cooked foods prepared by my mother. However, I want to be a guy who can cook various dishes.”

The 29-year-old actor featured on the cover of the magazine which showed his more fashionable side.

By Jie Ye-eun (yeeunjie@heraldcorp.com)

[Event] Ji Chang Wook returns to Japan for special “The K2” meet-and-greet

17903712_697251210485933_402063271838967

And he’s off yet again!  Ji Chang Wook departed from Gimpo International Airport the afternoon of 14 April for another visit to Japan, where he will attend a special event entitled “The K2 Talk, Games & Present Corner,” to be held tonight (14 April) in Tokyo and tomorrow (15 April) in Osaka.

17883767_697250817152639_159279092583232

Unfortunately for others, these two special meetings are only open to Ji Chang Wook Japan Fan Club members who have purchased either one (or both) of the Special Limited Edition DVD Box Sets of “The K2” through his Japan Fan Club website.  These purchases allow the members to enter a lucky draw for tickets to either the Tokyo or Osaka event.  In addition, a scratch card will be included with each DVD box set purchased that entitles the purchaser to win additional bonus awards, such as autographed items and selca shots!

Continue reading https://jichangwookkitchen.com/2017/04/14/event-ji-chang-wook-returns-to-japan-for-special-the-k2-meet-and-greet/

• Like 2