Ji Chang Wook 지창욱 - Upcoming Dramas: "The Queen Woo" (우씨왕후) (TVING) / "Bulk" (벌크) (JTBC) / Upcoming Movie "Revolver" (리볼버)

cherkell

2 hours ago, cherkell said:

[Movie] Looks like the release date is a day early, but tickets are on sale NOW for #FabricatedCity showings tomorrow night (Thursday) 16 February!

CGV Buena Park: https://goo.gl/y8MfN1

CGV LA: https://goo.gl/Ym9Gcs

@cherkell sorry, i just drop by this thread. i am mostly at Changmin Couple thread. Hi to all.
Cherkell, just one question, your CGV means Golden Village is it? i am still checking, hoping it can come to Singapore. i normally can't watch cinema, my family religiously strict, i may just break the rules go sunglasses and watch.
which part of Asia will it air in?

13 hours ago, ilwoo_aein said:

@maryofbethany hello friend! Nice to see you in this thread ^^ Yes, i like Wookie very much hehehe.. Actually the first time i saw him in "Warrior Baek Dong Soo" but that time i was captivated by Yoo Seung Ho not him hahaha...But after i saw him in "Healer" he mesmerized me with his coolness and beautiful smile :heart: It's just that i decided to visit his thread this year lol..And yes, i guess we have the same taste :D

@ilwoo_aeinhahah. i am normally at Changmin couple thread (changwook and Minyoung), i am one shipper since Day One of Healer. ( i am always talking abut changmin all the times, since this is his personal one and not a shipper thread, i always forget to come here, and try not to mixed up the difference to disrupt the peace here.).  i am slow-warm kind of person, i actually am a lousy wookie-fan, i watched all his Smile Again, Hero (small role), WarriorBDS, Veg BacherlorB, even the Villain he acted in Five Fingers, ahah. nothing strikes, and i wasnt into any Korean actors until Healer come. i was watching for many years without shipping any couples or loving any actors until Healer turned on the craziness in me. oh, i did watch K2 too, but i didnt watch the chinese productions.. Healer is still his Best.
hahah. yah, we shared lots of similarities:  first, YSH, then LJS, now JCW... hahaha. (i have another fav now, just started to like GY of Goblin).

JCW going to army, let's pray he take on another drama before that.:wub:

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, maryofbethany said:

@cherkell sorry, i just drop by this thread. i am mostly at Changmin Couple thread. Hi to all.
Cherkell, just one question, your CGV means Golden Village is it? i am still checking, hoping it can come to Singapore. i normally can't watch cinema, my family religiously strict, i may just break the rules go sunglasses and watch.
which part of Asia will it air in?

These CGV theatres are in Southern California in the U.S. (Los Angeles and Buena Park), which usually get Korean movies shown a week or two after their Korean premieres.  CJ Entertainment has yet to release any details about a Singapore premiere, and Singapore did not come up in the most recent KOFIC report as to other countries chosen for FabCity's distribution.  Just keep watching your local news portals and I'm sure it will be released there sometime soon... but for right now, we don't have any further information.  Sorry.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, cherkell said:

These CGV theatres are in Southern California in the U.S. (Los Angeles and Buena Park), which usually get Korean movies shown a week or two after their Korean premieres.  CJ Entertainment has yet to release any details about a Singapore premiere, and Singapore did not come up in the most recent KOFIC report as to other countries chosen for FabCity's distribution.  Just keep watching your local news portals and I'm sure it will be released there sometime soon... but for right now, we don't have any further information.  Sorry.

@cherkell thanks, cherkell. already search all the 3 major cinema-groups here, Shaws/GoldenVillage/Cathay...etc. nope nothing. Okay, hope they come in DVD. i still don't like to watch from illegal sites.

[Movie] Los Angeles “Fabricated City” premiere events and ticket giveaway

201702072156450510_1.jpg?w=600

As soon as the “Fabricated City” premiere date in Los Angeles was announced, we immediately reached out to our contacts with CJ Entertainment USA to enquire if any special events were planned for this momentous occasion.  And the answer to that is… of course! 

vlcsnap-2017-02-16-23h49m59s373.png?w=60

In tandem with CJ Entertainment, your friendly admins here at Ji Chang Wook’s Kitchen have planned a few things, most notably a giveaway of “Fabricated City” promotional items such as posters signed by the cast and other goodies.  (We’re still working out some details, so please bear with us.)

Continue reading https://jichangwookkitchen.com/2017/02/17/movie-los-angeles-fabricated-city-premiere-events-and-ticket-giveaway/

• Like 1

It looks like new movie 'New Trial' (Kim Ha Neul) which was released on Feb 15 is leading the box office now. Oh no...:wacko: I hope 'Fabricated City'  will keep holding its #1 for a longer time but it's hard since there are always new competitors appearing almost every day. 

http://www.koreanfilm.or.kr/jsp/news/boxOffice_Daily.jsp?mode=BOXOFFICE_DAILY

Oh well, we should be happy anyway. Second or third place is still a good sign. (I'm still praying hard now)

I hope JCW will have a good time in Japan with his fans ! 

• Like 1

17 February "Fabricated City" update:

According to CJ Entertainment, "Fabricated City" received strong interest from overseas buyers at the Europe Film Market convention that was held during the 67th International Film Festival. The movie has been sold to 26 different countries. "Fabricated City" will be screened in a total of 31 countries when you include those countries where CJ is distributing the film themselves.

In the upcoming months, "Fabricated City" is expected to show in cinemas in the following countries:
February - Australia, New Zealand
March - Hong Kong
April - Malaysia
May - Thailand
Date not announced - Taiwan, Italy, India, Vietnam, Indonesia

Source: TV Report

• Like 3

On 2/16/2017 at 9:43 AM, maryofbethany said:

@ilwoo_aeinhahah. i am normally at Changmin couple thread (changwook and Minyoung), i am one shipper since Day One of Healer. ( i am always talking abut changmin all the times, since this is his personal one and not a shipper thread, i always forget to come here, and try not to mixed up the difference to disrupt the peace here.).  i am slow-warm kind of person, i actually am a lousy wookie-fan, i watched all his Smile Again, Hero (small role), WarriorBDS, Veg BacherlorB, even the Villain he acted in Five Fingers, ahah. nothing strikes, and i wasnt into any Korean actors until Healer come. i was watching for many years without shipping any couples or loving any actors until Healer turned on the craziness in me. oh, i did watch K2 too, but i didnt watch the chinese productions.. Healer is still his Best.
hahah. yah, we shared lots of similarities:  first, YSH, then LJS, now JCW... hahaha. (i have another fav now, just started to like GY of Goblin).

JCW going to army, let's pray he take on another drama before that.:wub:

@maryofbethany hahaha i love ChangMin couple too..For me, they are the souls of HEALER drama. I want them to work together again in a drama or movie someday :)  Wow you already watched "Smile Again" and "Vegetable Bachelor"; his two dramas that i haven't watched. I'll try to watch these 2 dramas soon ^^ Omo! You just started to like GY aka goblin? Daebak!!! I'm not fan of GY and DW but i'm definitely fan of the drama :D I really hope Kim Eun Sook will cast wookie for her upcoming hit drama hehehe...

mcmkorea_official IG update with Changwook

C43nhaLUcAU3G_j.jpg

• Like 3

I've just watched the movie at Buena Park CGV theater. It's strange that I feel like JCW's character in this movie has many resemblance with Tahwan (Empress Ki) , Healer and Kim Je Ha (K2). LOL :D

There were more than 30 people in the auditorium that were watching with me. I think most of them are Korean Americans.  'Fabricated City' is very well-invested , and the concept is new, and different. This movie seems to depict a serious social issue but actually it's not. It contains many fantasy elements so that it makes the audiences feel like those social problems are just like games and fictions. It seems real but not real...The story seems like an action games with many unexpected twists and turns. The movie is pretty fast-paced that I had hard time to understand what's going on. Haha...So I think I will need to watch it again. 2 hour length doesn't last long at all. Somehow it makes me remind of Park Yoo Chun's recent lawsuit scandal...Probably we are living in a fabricated world. -_-

JCW is very awesome in this movie. After watching the movie, I had an immediate motivation. We can become anything we want and be greater than what we can even imagine to overcome all the adversity in life. I think that's one of the messages from this movie. :)

In general, it is an exceptional and interesting  movie!! This is definitely a must-watch movie. ^_^ JCW's fans should never miss this. He is very impressive in his acting! The OST trot song is a good choice . There is not much romantic elements in this movie that I want it to have. Anyway, it's cute.

• Like 4

[Movie] Ji Chang Wook greets fans again in cinemas for “Fabricated City”

201702181944420510_1

Ji Chang Wook and the cast of “Fabricated City” are up and about again this weekend for yet another round of appearances at cinemas in Seoul. Yesterday, they met audiences at three movie screenings, and the press was there to cover two of the events. 

First off, Ji Chang Wook, Shim Eun Kyung, Kim Sang Ho, Kim Ki Cheon and director Park Gwang Hyun appeared at CGV Apgujeong branch in Gangnam to meet audiences after the movie.

201702181923060510_1.jpg?w=370&h=&crop=1

In the evening, Ji Chang Wook, Shim Eun Kyung and the director then headed to Lotte Cinema World Tower for a “Fabricated City” Relay GV event where they answered questions from fans.

201702182145777383_58a842186de58.jpg?w=5

Continue reading https://jichangwookkitchen.com/2017/02/19/movie-ji-chang-wook-greets-fans-again-in-cinemas-for-fabricated-city/

• Like 3

Just came home after watching "Fabricated City" (courtesy of Cheryl...too bad didn't get to meet you!) here in CGV-LA. Oh my gosh! JCW is such an amazing actor! Once again....he has proven how good of an actor he is. This movie made me laugh, cry, nervous, and fall head over heels in love with THE man! Whether you're a fan or not, you shouldn't miss watching this on the big screen. Thanks to the entire cast. Job well done!

• Like 3

Hello chingus...

Wow thank you for all the updates.

Thanks to you @nploan @paulette for sharing your insights on Fabricated City.  From your sharing, you really enjoyed the movie and that the movie is an amazing one.  I envy you guys, I hope I will be able to watch it in my country, (though it is included in the list for distribution) I hope it will come soon.  

Thanks too @ashvaugn    for sharing that very good review. (tagging is not working again, mianhe)

@ilwoo_aein thanks as well for all the photo updates of his successful FM in Tokyo and his recent movie screening visit.  I am one proud fan here, JCW has been working really hard nowadays, and so he deserves all the praises and accolades.

Fighting JCW, fighting everyone!

• Like 3

[Movie] Ji Chang Wook at more stage appearances for “Fabricated City”

201702191718491810_1

Ji Chang Wook spent his Sunday visiting numerous cinemas in Seoul for “Fabricated City” promotions. 

The press caught up with him when he stopped by CGV Yongsan cinema in the afternoon. After concluding the visits, he appeared on a live Vapp broadcast. You can catch the replay of the broadcast on Vapp with English subtitles.

201702191723271810_3.jpg?w=370&h=&crop=1

And here are the press shots of him at CGV Yongsan. All pretty in pink! Enjoy!  https://jichangwookkitchen.com/2017/02/19/movie-ji-chang-wook-at-more-stage-appearances-for-fabricated-city/

• Like 4