Ji Chang Wook 지창욱 - Upcoming Dramas: "The Queen Woo" (우씨왕후) (TVING) / "Bulk" (벌크) (JTBC) / Upcoming Movie "Revolver" (리볼버)

cherkell

[Magazine] Ji Chang Wook to feature in Grazia September issue

Ji Chang Wook “Korean wave? Probably because of dramas.”

The Hallyu star that first comes to mind now is Ji Chang Wook. He always ranks high on the Hallyu star top ranking of the local media in China. He’s the star that comes hot on the heels of Bae Yong Joon and Kim Soo Hyun.

Fashion magazine Grazia asks him about the Korean wave in an interview with him and also did a photo shoot. Along with the interview, various experts also analysed the reasons for the popularity of the top 9 Hallyu stars right now.

In the interview, Ji Chang Wook talks about his Hallyu activities. When asked about the popularity of the Hallyu wave, he said “It’s probably because of the dramas. They are loved because the drama characters are likeable. Before knowing about the person Ji Chang Wook, they first come into contact with the character. ‘Empress Ki’ and ‘Healer’ are very popular in China. I suffered a lot when filming both shows, so it’s fortunate. The suffering paid off (laughs).”

He’s also holding fan meetings in Asia. He chose “songs” as the repertoire of his fan meetings. “I sing about 10 songs. There are about one or two segments where I sit down to play games or talk. Singing is comfortable, and everyone likes it.”

Ji Chang Wook’s pictorial and interview will be released on 5 September and you will get to see him in the September volume 2 issue of Grazia.

Source: Sports Donga

NOTE:  There are 2 different covers for the Grazia September issue: one with Yoona and the other with Changwook.  Be careful to click the right box when ordering!

• Like 17

[Magazine] Ji Chang Wook to feature in Grazia September issue

Ji Chang Wook “Korean wave? Probably because of dramas.”

The Hallyu star that first comes to mind now is Ji Chang Wook. He always ranks high on the Hallyu star top ranking of the local media in China. He’s the star that comes hot on the heels of Bae Yong Joon and Kim Soo Hyun.

Fashion magazine Grazia asks him about the Korean wave in an interview with him and also did a photo shoot. Along with the interview, various experts also analysed the reasons for the popularity of the top 9 Hallyu stars right now.

In the interview, Ji Chang Wook talks about his Hallyu activities. When asked about the popularity of the Hallyu wave, he said “It’s probably because of the dramas. They are loved because the drama characters are likeable. Before knowing about the person Ji Chang Wook, they first come into contact with the character. ‘Empress Ki’ and ‘Healer’ are very popular in China. I suffered a lot when filming both shows, so it’s fortunate. The suffering paid off (laughs).”

He’s also holding fan meetings in Asia. He chose “songs” as the repertoire of his fan meetings. “I sing about 10 songs. There are about one or two segments where I sit down to play games or talk. Singing is comfortable, and everyone likes it.”

Ji Chang Wook’s pictorial and interview will be released on 5 September and you will get to see him in the September volume 2 issue of Grazia.

Source: Sports Donga

Hi Cherkell, thanks for sharing this. It's just right that Ji Chang-wook credited his series “Healer” and “Empress Ki” for boosting his fame in this interview with Grazia magazine.  I don’t mind waiting..... but, can't wait to be released this on Saturday.:P

Edited by willenette
  • Like 5

@cristurbat hi thank you for sharing this compilation of his OST's.  I actually have this in my playlist and been playing this everytime i drive to and fro going to work.  I love all these songs.  Seriously, he sings very well he has a voice perfect for these songs!  I always love to hear his voice, it makes my heart flutters and my mind at peace at the same time!!! Just dont mind me, our Wookie just makes me crazy and i just cant get enough of him hahaha!!!!

for you ,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GD9eVpM8tD4

Hi  @cristurbat thank you very much for sharing the video.  I have seen this before DL the same and been playing so many times.  I got mesmerzed  with his voice, he sangs from the heart!!! It is soothing and in my opinion he sang it better vs the original one.  He can actually record an album and bet will sell like a hotcake!!!!

• Like 5

Hi @fantasia . Thank you very much for sharing those pics of Grazia.  

Omg he is freaking hot, damn sexy, all together lovely and beautiful!!!! I think these are one of the best photoshoot in his various photo IVs. I just melted looking at those photos!!! Can i just take him home hahaha??? I cant believe he is looking better and better as the days goes by!  This i think is not just fan service but his total love and dedication to his craft and to his fans all over the globe!!! He is consistently improving in all his ways, that is why i am excited to see him again act in a drama...missing him too much hahaha!!!!
  • Like 3

[Magazine] @ Star1 September 2015 issue – Twenty nine, Ji Chang Wook

201508191638307910_5

There are people who make you feel happy just by being with them. Actor Ji Chang Wook is a cheerful man who provides good energy to the people around him. Even when meeting him for the first time, he is a “multi-talented man” who makes you feel comfortable like you’ve been friends for 10 years. As he has been travelling around the provinces to film the movie “Fabricated City”, Ji Chang Wook laughs heartily, saying it has been a long time since he “came up to Seoul”. We present you an interesting interview that dramatically unravels the eight years of his acting career. 

Continue reading http://jichangwookkitchen.com/2015/09/04/magazine-star1-september-2015-issue-twenty-nine-ji-chang-wook/#more-11881

• Like 7

[Magazine] @ Star1 September 2015 issue – Twenty nine, Ji Chang Wook

@cherkell - Thanks so much for the translation.  Really appreciate all the hard work that you & Gabby (Spore) has done for us. 

I really like the sets of Q&A over @Star1.  Sensible questions and the answers...and I LOL about what he said about Bang Cikgu.  So glad he had such a comfortable relationship with his classmate cum good friend cum driver cum manager 

• Like 3

Ah..I love the star interview. Love love love it.

So that curly pup he posted on his IG is his then.awww.. He couldn't just stay by the side and watch 79 get all cutesy with is own pup. I like that. The cheerful energy and vibes from the pup will help relieve his stress whenever he's done filming. And of course, cleaning poop also helps LOL.

Was actually surprised that he's friends with SIG..woah,small world isn't it? Who would have thought that? I hope to see a pic of them together.

Also happy to know that 79 and wookie's friendship holds a special. I ship this bromance. 

"isn't it better to have fun with the people you are working with and have good memories(insert: rather than care about ratings)?" <--------THIS. Nowadays, actors and audience ALWAYS care about the ratings(yes I know it helps them..blabla). Gone are the days where we watch dramas just for the fun of it. Actors put their all in a drama and when it doesn't go well,you see some fans saying,"it must really suck for it to go down(although some do suck). What happened to watching a show for your own entertainment and not following the words of people?. Because of this same Damn Ratings,some emotional actors just give up and then act shabbily (afterall, its not doing well.why waste time and energy to act) while some give it their all to the very end for the sake of the small percent of people who are watching it still. This has really become a problem in the K-ent industry and I wish something can be done about it(I hope my plea doesn't fall on deaf earS). Knowing my love(ADDICTION) for kdramas, I always wish we would stop crying for ratings or maybe just be like the Chinese that will act everything without suffering from live-shoots and "maybe" care a little less for ratings. *sigh*

Sorry for my little rant.I just had to get that out cuz its frustrating.  

• Like 2

Actors' salary this year

Curiosity rose for actors' pay after actresses' pay was released last month. We've updated the ranks from highest paid actors to the lowest.

According to studies, the gap between actors and actresses isn't that large. In case of the actors, they are more highly paid as they have a strong fan base all over the world. The prices of actors continuously rise but the actresses fill in the gaps with fashion and beauty advertisements. After actors make it big with dramas, they make more money off extracurricular events such as foreign fan meetings and such so they make extra profits.

(skipped unrelated.....)

The New Guys

Kim Woo-bin, Lee Min-ho, Lee Jong-suk, Joo Won and Ji Chang-wook get paid according to their wishes. Agents want them on their team even if that means they have to pay them a blank cheque. Not only are they popular in Korea but other countries like China as well so they might have a few more '0's added to their paychecks.

However, they can't avoid the fact that they are going to have to pay their service to the country soon. They have to go within the next three years so they have a lot of work to do in expanding their identities.

photo630409.jpg

Source : isplus.live.joins.com...

Translation : Hancinema

The New Guys Kim Woo-bin, Lee Min-ho, Lee Jong-suk, Joo Won and Ji Chang-wook get paid according to their wishes. Agents want them on their team even if that means they have to pay them a blank cheque. Not only are they popular in Korea but other countries like China as well so they might have a few more '0's added to their paychecks. However, they can't avoid the fact that they are going to have to pay their service to the country soon. They have to go within the next three years so they have a lot of work to do in expanding their identities. Read more at: http://tr.im/O7jjN

• Like 3

"isn't it better to have fun with the people you are working with and have good memories(insert: rather than care about ratings)?" <--------THIS. Nowadays, actors and audience ALWAYS care about the ratings(yes I know it helps them..blabla). Gone are the days where we watch dramas just for the fun of it. Actors put their all in a drama and when it doesn't go well,you see some fans saying,"it must really suck for it to go down(although some do suck). What happened to watching a show for your own entertainment and not following the words of people?. Because of this same Damn Ratings,some emotional actors just give up and then act shabbily (afterall, its not doing well.why waste time and energy to act) while some give it their all to the very end for the sake of the small percent of people who are watching it still. This has really become a problem in the K-ent industry and I wish something can be done about it(I hope my plea doesn't fall on deaf earS). Knowing my love(ADDICTION) for kdramas, I always wish we would stop crying for ratings or maybe just be like the Chinese that will act everything without suffering from live-shoots and "maybe" care a little less for ratings. *sigh*

Sorry for my little rant.I just had to get that out cuz its frustrating.  

Hi, me, I really don't care about ratings but I completely agree with you that - actors & audiences always care about it. Because ratings bring along recognition, and recognition is directly associated with CF contracts. South Korea is certainly not alone in the extremes that it will go to for ratings. That's the entertainment industry for you. :P

• Like 3