Ji Chang Wook 지창욱 - Upcoming Dramas: "The Queen Woo" (우씨왕후) (TVING) / "Bulk" (벌크) (JTBC) / Upcoming Movie "Revolver" (리볼버)

cherkell

More and more information and bits and pieces of the musical are showing up in Instagrams and on YouTube (thank you @cherkell) and there are some lighthearted moments on stage between Actor/Soldier Ji and Kang "Handfull" as one punster has called him.  Earlier I said that many people described how when Ji is onstage, everyone else seems to just disappear and be irrelevant.  Well, Kang Hand Full can hold his own quite nicely and doesn't just disappear into the woodwork.  They are a hoot together; both seem to love being onstage and it shows in everything they do.  Serendipity happens in the strangest places, at the strangest times, with the strangest people and the ROK Army, of all things!!!!  I am so glad I am around to see it, even if it is just on YouTube and and ocean and two whole countries in between.  :mrgreen:

• Like 1

I'm so glad to find a thread on Ji Chang Wook here :D Wow, it's nice to meet his followers of years! :lol: I hope to get to know more and more about him here. Thanks for all the posts and updates:) I read someone said that's it's never enough of JCW, so true!! He is such a great actor and seems to possess such an adorable personality. Once you notice him, you can't ever forget about him. Ah, I'm really grateful for all the translated updates, posts and news about him! 

This is my first time following a thread for a celebrity:rolleyes: So proud to see him having many friends in the army and enjoying his time there :)

Oh, also want to ask a question...I see his childhood pics of 2000 where he seems like he is playing a character https://youtu.be/BDq3hw1EZsU didn't he debut in 2008? Did he do some projects before completing his senior high school? 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, kittenjcw said:

Oh, also want to ask a question...I see his childhood pics of 2000 where he seems like he is playing a character https://youtu.be/BDq3hw1EZsU didn't he debut in 2008? Did he do some projects before completing his senior high school? 

Welcome @kittenjcw.  So glad you are finding things here that interest you!  I watched the YouTube item you posted and see the picture (I think) that you are referring to, and it does seem to be a professional type photo; it does look "posed".  But only @cherkellwill have any answer about something that specific.  But, good question.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, kittenjcw said:

Hi there @kittenjcw!  Welcome, put your feet up, and have a hearty beverage handy. :D

That video has so much wrong with it, I don't know where to start!  No wonder they put some random disclaimer in front, since their internet sleuthing skills are sorely lacking and need to go back to school!

(I'll use all Western ages to keep down the confusion.)  That picture from 2000 is actually from 2008, when Wook was a tertiary character in "You Are Very Good" and he would have been 21 at that time.  The 2002 picture is actually from 2005 (high school).  The 2003 picture is 20-year old Wook's graduation photo in 2007.  The 2004 photo is one of his publicity stills from 2009 when he was filming "Smile Donghae." 2005's photo is a publicity still from early 2009's "Sons of Sol Pharmacy House."  And so on... *facepalm *

It seems that with the Interwebs these days, anyone with a computer could put up anything and call it 'factual.'  This video is the ultimate definition of FAKE NEWS. :angry:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 20 August 2018 at 3:38 AM, MyStars said:

Oh Happy Day.......this material on YouTube by NCTV is like water to a drowning woman.  It is so good, and clear and focused, especially his solo number.  He looks so buff, toned, fit, and Healthy!!!  And buffed, polished, like really well taken care of.....and rested.  He looks like he is mentally and physically fit for anything that may come his way.  And just as handsome as always.....nothing can mar those famous features.  And the sound.........unforgettable Ji Chang Wook timbre.  Of course, seeing all of him without all the necessary "showbiz" artifice (perfectly arranged hair, makeup, fancy clothing) was disconcerting at first, but it shows another really interesting side to Actor Ji.   Just from the brief teasers, the musical looks like it will add to his mystique as a performer.  I hope it brings him additional success, as he says he is happy with being in the production and with his castmates.  They all look good together.

Just out of curiosity, there are other "famous" soldier/celebrities currently in the military, like GDragon, Kim Soo Hyun, Joo Won,  etc.  Does anyone know if they even auditioned, and if so, what was the result?  I've been checking, but only half-heartedly; it would be really interesting to know........but nothing I can't live without knowing.  Those other people may not be in the SK Army, in some other branch of the military.  The Shinheung  cast, as-is, is PERFECT. :thumbsup:

There is still some time to wait through until the start of the musical on September 9, so I am still re-watching Five Fingers and have done up a fantasy picture that I hope captures the incendiary personality of Yoo In-ha.  Please enjoy until we start to see more and get more information from the staged musical.  Just call this "Yoo In-ha Up in Smoke."ffwarmbkgrnvignettefaddededges1.png

wow wow wow!  @MyStarsthank you for making this thread alive and kicking.  I have not been here for quiet sometimes now but trust me I have been stalking Actor Ji actively in IG and twitter.  Going back, I love all the things you are writing here about our Actor Ji, especially his Military musical which is receiving so much love and praises, and of course your almost detailed review of Five Fingers.  I love FF, it's compelling, moving, I always cried, i felt the angst of Wookie's character.  I remember I am crying with the 3 of them, while watching a later episodes.  It's a great acting vehicle for Wookie, it showcased his being a thespian.  Anyway, i love this edit...love the smile of Wookie.  

I will be visiting here more often...btw Wookie in the military musical is something to be proud of.  He has matured and his performance has richly improved.  Proud fan here.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cherkell said:

Hi there @kittenjcw!  Welcome, put your feet up, and have a hearty beverage handy. :D

That video has so much wrong with it, I don't know where to start!  No wonder they put some random disclaimer in front, since their internet sleuthing skills are sorely lacking and need to go back to school!

(I'll use all Western ages to keep down the confusion.)  That picture from 2000 is actually from 2008, when Wook was a tertiary character in "You Are Very Good" and he would have been 21 (Korean) at that time.  The 2002 picture is actually from 2005 (high school).  The 2003 picture is 20-year old Wook's graduation photo in 2007.  The 2004 photo is one of his publicity stills from 2009 when he was filming "Smile Donghae." 2005's photo is a publicity still from early 2009's "Sons of Sol Pharmacy House."  And so on... *facepalm *

It seems that with the Interwebs these days, anyone with a computer could put up anything and call it 'factual.'  This video is the ultimate definition of FAKE NEWS. :angry:

Oh, I see... Thanks a lot for clarifying! :lol:Yeah, he looked so young that it was easy to confuse a beginner like me:dissapointed: Although from an angle he did seem like a grown up. And he can put an innocent look on his face so very well, haha. :wub: 

Ugh, those fake vids... Why would they even make them!:mellow::angry:

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Igotcaughtdancingagain said:

thank you for making this thread alive and kicking.  I have not been here for quiet sometimes now but trust me I have been stalking Actor Ji actively in IG and twitter.

Hey there!  Thank you for the kind words.  I remember you because of your distinctive "name" from my reading everything I could beginning on page 1 of this JCW forum.  LOL about the "almost" detailed review FF:D.  I want to be able to pick it up later, after we get all the details possible about Shinheung and there is another lull and great void in his appearances in his fans' lives.  It is a great vehicle for JCW, flexing his acting abilities and provides many over-the-top moments for illustration.  And I know what you mean about being a "proud fan" because he never ever lets down his audiences.  He never shirks, never shies away from the hard stuff, and just wears his heart on his sleeve.  Glad you will be coming back and contributing!

And to @kittenjcw, you said that the YouTube video was "easy to confuse a beginner like me" but apparently it really wasn't that easy to confuse you because you caught on right away!

• Like 1

Way back in 2015, December 31 to be exact, Ji Chang Wook was a featured guest in China at a concert, and he wowed them, and me, as he always does.  I bring this up because this is another example of him silently mouthing the songs words with his duet partner Sha Bao Liang, as they sing "Hidden Fragrance."  Please enjoy this GIF showcasing this little interlude.  

ezgif-com-resize-1readyforposting.gif

To enhance your viewing and listening pleasure here are 2 different Youtube links.  One is probably the formal showing of the concert on TV; the other seems to have more of a fanvid feel, showing the private onstage moments between the two, and is where I got the footage for the GIF.  Chang Wook looks like a billion bucks!! and acts like the Movie Star Royalty that he is.........such a class  act.

https://youtu.be/hEIjKbC2__A

https://youtu.be/Xsj5uoKsSWU

• 2 weeks later...

Ji Chang Wook, actor, soldier, stage performer, TV star, Movie Star, is out in the provinces of South Korea,  wowwing them with his personification of a soldier in Shinheung Military School ~ The Musical.  Fans mention his enthusiasm on stage, indefatigable joy and verve, and his ability to close a show on a high note......no mean accomplishment anywhere.  I wish I was there to witness, but it is not to be this time.  There are booklets available of the Shinheung production, with pictures of all the actors and actresses.  I would give mucho dinero to have a copy!!  Hello......email me at........!(LOL)

But, here in my faraway place,  I can only provide amusement using non-current but important material, to wit:  24 Miracle Face Products.  Here is a depiction using elements from the advertisement:  Enjoy.  

24miraclewalkingman.gif

I had to rework the first image I put here a couple of days ago because there was a strange artifact or glitch showing up in the GIF insert, and it was driving me crazy.  To the person who left me a "like" I hope the glitchy GIF wasn't your favorite thing.:sweatingbullets: Thank you for visiting.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24miraclebweyeswithelipse.gifHere I go again with Miracle 24 because his face is just so fascinating!!  I love the haunting, cool, over-exposed feel to the commercial, yet here I am, re-working the heck out of it.  My better angel thinks I'm daft, but the creative devil is having so much fun......besides, there is no way to degrade that face.  It is indestructible.  Please enjoy.

• Like 2

Thanks to @cherkell at https://jichangwookkitchen.com/2018/08/14/musical-ji-chang-wook-attends-press-conference-for-shinheung-military-school-image-heavy/ there are now some images of Shinheung Military School Musical for everyone's viewing pleasure.  And Oh! to be at the Andong Culture Center come October 12..........Since I can't be there, I can only do the next best thing.

The background for this was taken from the set Cherkell provided.  It was a wide angle shot of all the reporters at the press call, with the principals on stage in the distance; of course it is stylized to be a fitting background for Chang Wook, Kang Ha Neul, and castmate.

shinheungtrio1.png

Oh, and there's music, again thanks to @cherkell.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=na2cCxfIELc

And then there is the SHEER EXUBERANCE of it all!!

exuberance.png

• Like 3