TV Porter Couple: Lee Seo Jin & Choi Ji Woo ~ Thank you for all the happy moments in TMAD & GOF ~

rubie

16 minutes ago, bayway said:

I think because LSJ is currently filming a drama she has to refute claims about the romance so that it won't affect the pace and progress of the shooting. My belief in this CP is still strong 

I like your reasoning :D. Well one can always dream ya? Am so embarrassed to admit I have been re-watching GOF greece on repeat even till now.

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

February 4, 2016

Choi Ji-woo denies romance with ex co-star

Source: The Korea Times

20150328093101_610359_630_1770-650.jpg

Choi Ji-woo and Lee Seo-jin from "Grandpas over Flowers" on tvN

Actress Choi Ji-woo has denied that she is dating actor Lee Seo-jin, with whom she worked on a TV variety show.

Choi, 40, and Lee, 45, worked on tvN's "Grandpas over Flowers" in 2015. The travel reality show featured four actors in their seventies ― Lee Soon-jae, Shin Goo, Park Geun-hyung and Baek Il-seob ― as they go on an overseas backpacking tour with Lee and Choi.

Spoiler

11587_40750_5254-650.jpg

"Like for Likes" poster

Choi told the online daily TV Report that people encouraged her to go out with Lee after they had appeared on the program. But she asked rhetorically, "Does co-stars mean a dating partner after all?

Choi recently starred in the romantic comedy "Like for Likes," a movie about people finding unexpected romance with someone they meet online.

aoshima11@ktimes.com

14 hours ago, bayway said:
8 hours ago, tilac said:

This article said CJW denied it in a vague way ... so should we take it as good news ?? i.e. she didn't deny it outright like some other celebs do when the rumor is not true ?

http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/113348/20160204/choi-ji-woo-discusses-dating-rumors-with-lee-seo-jin.htm

I think she could be cautious of having too much media attention on the relationship and after last bad experience may want to throw the media off.

It is hard to find someone with that much chemistry and I've not wanted any other K-drama couples to be together as much as this one. Let's hope our oppa will win over her heart and have good news for us soon.

Yonhap News Agency

February 5, 2016

(Yonhap Interview) Actress Choi Ji-woo not in a rush to marry

SEOUL, Feb. 5 (Yonhap) -- Actress Choi Ji-woo, who turns 40 this year, says she's not in a hurry to get married.

The queen of "hallyu" stars in the upcoming romance flick "Like for Likes," which is her first silver screen role in seven years.

"I feel ambivalent about marriage. I don't want to rush or be forced into it. It would be a pity to live my life in a rush when everything else is going so well," she told Yonhap News Agency at a cafe in Seoul on Thursday.

Choi is among the pioneers of "hallyu," the Asiawide boom of Korean pop culture, with her most notable work being the TV series "Winter Sonata."

In the KBS drama, which was wildly popular in 2002, Choi played the heroine, Jeong Yoo-jin, alongside the lead actor, Bae Yong-joon.

Actress Choi Ji-woo (Yonhap)

When asked about her romantic fantasy, Choi said, "I'm way past the age to have one."

"I used to have one in my 20s and my early 30s. I had a huge fantasy about marriage, but I'm too old for that now," she offered.

In "Like for Likes," Choi portrays an "old miss" flight attendant who falls for a lovelorn bachelor chef played by Kim Ju-hyeok. Other lead actors include Yoo Ah-in and Kang Ha-neul.

"Like for Likes," directed by Park Hyun-jin, strings together a series of "likes" on social media into three couples.

The Choi-Kim duo is the least "serious" among the three, Choi said. Her character gets transported to an emergency room in one scene after she makes a failed attempt to dance free-style at a company dinner.

"That scene was possible because we all felt relaxed and comfortable on the set," she said. "Kim was responsible for a lot of that."

The movie was filmed from July to October, which overlapped with her soap opera role on cable channel tvN. But Choi said she was happy to go straight from filming the drama "Twenty Again" to the set of "Like for Likes." Hopefully, she said, that is evident in the movie.

"I hope this film gives positive vibes to its viewers," she said. "I had a great time filming it, so hopefully those who watch it leave the theater with a smile."

Actress Choi Ji-woo (Yonhap)   

sojungpark@yna.co.kr

February 4, 2016

Choi Ji Woo Discusses Dating Rumors With Lee Seo Jin

BY Julie Jones | KDramaStars.com

Lee So Jin and Choi Ji Woo

(Photo : Grandpas Over Flowers)

The chemistry between actors Lee Seo Jin and Choi JI Woo was obvious when the two appeared on the variety show "Grandpas Over Flowers." And their appealing chemistry set off dating rumors that persist almost a year later.

On February 4, an article in the media outlet Korea Times reported that Choi was still being asked if she was dating Lee. She denied it but in a vague way.

Choi said that after the program people encouraged her to date Lee, but appearing on a program together does not automatically mean you should date.

'Does co-stars mean dating partners after all," she said.

Not necessarily, but it was apparent that they liked each other..

The actors worked together on the 2015 episode of the program that also starred four actors in their seventies, Lee Soon Jae, Shin Goo,

Baek Il Seob and Park Geun Hyung. Lee and Choi accompanied them on a backpacking trip.

It was quickly obvious that Choi and Lee were fond of each other. She called him "cute." He said she did not need to wear make-up.

In May, the program's producer/director Na Young Suk, asked if they were dating and planned to marry. Lee said they could marry if Choi fixed her excessive spending habits. She said, no thank you, and then everyone laughed.

In July they also both starred on episodes of the variety program "Three Meals a Day." He ate some kimchi she made the week before. He commented on how good it was and asked if she would be on the show that day.

Producer Na Young Suk teased him by saying, "Bring her here every day. Just get married then."

And so the shipping continued.

Choi Ji Woo recently appeared in the drama "Twenty Again" as a 40-year-old woman who goes back to college. She can also be seen in the film "Like for Likes," a movie about people who find romance online.

Choi plays a stewardess who rents a room to the character played by Kim Joo Hyuk.

Lee's variety show appearances have kept him busy during the past few years. He also appeared on "Running Man" last year. His last drama was "Wonderful Days" in 2014 and in 2015 he appeared in the film "Love Forecast" with Lee Seung Gi and Moon Chae Won.

Lee Seo Jin dated actress Kim Jung Eun for two years and Choi publicly dated fellow actor Lee Jin Wook for two years.

What do you think of this couple?

I for one was pleased to see CJW's interviews.  It confirmed what I was thinking.  They are very private, bright people really good at not answering a question.  They should go into politics.  

She never said they weren't dating - she deflected the questions with a question.  She did say in one interview she wasn't thinking about marriage (which is exactly what George Clooney did for a very long time - and yet here he is married).

What she did say about LSJ is that they are "close".  What she didn't say is that "we're just friends"  - now isn't that interesting?  He's a fun and a good person - she doesn't say that about anyone else.  Neither one is denying.  Neither one is saying - we're friends.  Neither one is wearing their heart on their sleeve - and sometimes what's not said - says everything.

Thanks @mbcam I was still trying to get my head round the interview. There were a few articles on the interview with slightly different interpretations. If she was denying a relationship, it would totally contradict the chemistry we all saw on TMAD and GOF. That was what got me baffled for a while.

One thing's for sure - CJW didn't refute the rumours outright. She was being honest about not being anxious to get married and rightly so. She has a lot going for her and so does LSJ. But they still enjoy each other's company apparently. :)

23 hours ago, mbcam said:

She never said they weren't dating - she deflected the questions with a question.  She did say in one interview she wasn't thinking about marriage (which is exactly what George Clooney did for a very long time - and yet here he is married).

Another example would be the following interview. Article from Ohayo Seoul :

Choi Ji Woo Planning on Re-Signing with YG Entertainment

20140115064347_395347_400_624.jpg

Actress Choi Ji Woo is intending to re-sign with YG Entertainment. Once her contract is up, she has no intention of leaving the YG Family. 

On February 4th, the actress sat down in an interview promoting her new movie, "Like for Likes". During the interview she was asked if she enjoyed her current agency. In response she said, "If I have no complaints, does it mean I'm satisfied?". 

In response to her plans to re-sign with YG Entertainment, she commented she's "the type to stick around out of loyalty". She brought up her stylist as an example, stating she's had the same one for 20 years. 

On 2016年2月5日 at 3:08 AM, mbcam said:

I for one was pleased to see CJW's interviews.  It confirmed what I was thinking.  They are very private, bright people really good at not answering a question.  They should go into politics.  

What she did say about LSJ is that they are "close".  What she didn't say is that "we're just friends"  - now isn't that interesting?  He's a fun and a good person - she doesn't say that about anyone else.  Neither one is denying.  Neither one is saying - we're friends.  Neither one is wearing their heart on their sleeve - and sometimes what's not said - says everything.

Don't compare herwith George Clooney. George married a young lawyer with good education.

To all our friends at the thread celebrating Lunar New Year of the Monkey 恭禧發財2016lny3.jpg

2016: The Year of Monkey

Source: Korean Safari

monkey.jpg

2016 is the year of Monkey (Fire Monkey) starting from February 8, 2016 (called the Lunar New Year) and lasting to January 27, 2017.

Monkey ranks ninth position in the Chinese Zodiac. They are cheerful and energetic by nature and usually represent flexibility. People under the sign of the Monkey are wise, intelligent, confident, charismatic, loyal, inventive and have leadership.

The weaknesses of the Monkeys are being egotistical, arrogant, crafty, restless and snobbish.

February 9, 2016

Choi Ji Woo Reveals How She Feels About YG Entertainment

Source: Soompi by kokoberry

Choi Ji Woo Reveals How She Feels About YG Entertainment

Actress Choi Ji Woo recently sat down for an interview with news outlet Sports Seoul and answered various questions regarding her famous agency, YG Entertainment.

First, she was asked how she felt about news of actor Kang Dong Won joining YG. She replied, “Honestly, I don’t see singers from my agency much. It’s true that we don’t see each other often because of our different fields. We just spend time with each other when we attend year-end company dinners or special activities. I haven’t worked with Kang Dong Won before so we are not close on a personal level. I just found out about Kang Dong Won coming to YG Entertainment through the news.”

She concluded, “If I had to express the feeling in one word, ‘Wow!’ is what I would say. I was just surprised.”

Then the interviewer brings up the fact that this year her contract with YG Entertainment is up for renewal.

Choi Ji Woo comments, “I came to this company with friends I have worked with for a long time. I’ve spent 20 years with my stylist. Forming ties can be uneasy at first because there’s a lot of worries over uncertain points. However, I think my style is to think of my ties as precious and keep them long-lasting.”

“YG is like a roof to me. It has a secure feeling. CEO Yang Hyun Suk always believes in me and entrusts me [with what I do]. Don’t you think that’s why I was able to continuously promote within a certain range after coming to the company?”

Looks like the actress is really happy with YG!

Source (1)

February 11, 2016

Lee Seo Jin Transforms His Image in Upcoming Drama “Marriage Contract”

Source: Soompi by leejojoba

Actor Lee Seo Jin makes an image transformation in the upcoming MBC drama “Marriage Contract.”

Lee Seo Jin returns to the small screen after a year and seven months since his last work in “Wonderful Days” back in 2014. In “Marriage Contract,” he will portray cold and arrogant Han Ji Hoon who is born with a silver spoon in his mouth. He is born into a rich family and likes to play around. But he is also a workaholic and has a keen sense in business.

During the interview, Lee Seo Jin opened up about the drama and his character Han Ji Hoon. He commented, “Han Jin Hoon seems cool-headed and heartless on the outside. But he has a soft spot for his mother and is tender hearted.” Lee Seo Jin added, “I am very much myself in the variety shows I’ve been in. I hope that the viewers can compare and distinguish Han Ji Hoon versus Lee Seo Jin through the drama ‘Marriage Contract.’”

Lee Seo Jin went on to say, “I know Producer Kim Jin Min who is producing the drama well. He has worked on many MBC dramas and we’ve hung out together before. So, I feel very comfortable and enjoy myself working with him. We’re working very hard, so I hope viewers anticipate with much interest and love.”

“Marriage Contract” is a melodrama about a man whose life is all about money and a woman on the edge of life. Their dramatic encounter change one another and they find the real meaning of true love. The first episode will air on March 5 at 10 p.m. KST.

Source (1)

5 hours ago, rubie said:

February 11, 2016

During the interview, Lee Seo Jin opened up about the drama and his character Han Ji Hoon. He commented, “Han Jin Hoon seems cool-headed and heartless on the outside. But he has a soft spot for his mother and is tender hearted.” Lee Seo Jin added, “I am very much myself in the variety shows I’ve been in. I hope that the viewers can compare and distinguish Han Ji Hoon versus Lee Seo Jin through the drama ‘Marriage Contract.’”

Does that mean the affection he showed for CJW in Three Meals and GOF was "very much [himself]" too?  ;)

Guest Jinwoo07

Happy to know that Jiwoo is very close to SJ accg. to the report and she finds him fun to be with. Surely  they find rest, peace and comfort with  their association, be it a loving friendship or more than that. All the best for their forthcoming events. I'm so excited for them. :wub:

February 12, 2016

USA & Canada] South Korean Romantic Comedy "Like for Likes" Makes North American Debut on February 26 - Updated

Source: CJ Entertainment via Hancinema.net

photo686818.jpg

All-star cast includes: Yoo Ah-in ("Veteran"), Kang Ha-neul ("Twenty"), Esom ("Scarlet Innocence"), Lee Mi-yeon ("A Company Man"), Choi Ji-woo ("Actresses"), and Kim Joo-hyeok ("Beauty Inside")

DramaFever hosts advanced screening February 25 in New York

"Like for Likes", a South Korean romantic comedy about finding love with a little help from modern day social networks premieres in North America on February 26. The movie features an all-star cast including: Yoo Ah-in ("Veteran"), Kang Ha-neul ("Twenty"), Esom ("Scarlet Innocence"), Lee Mi-yeon ("A Company Man"), Choi Ji-woo ("Actresses"), and Kim Joo-hyeok ("Beauty Inside"). "Like for Likes" is presented by CJ Entertainment, Asia's leading studio and the signature film division of major media and content company CJ E&M.

"Like for Likes" follows three couples: the first, a sharp-tongued television writer (Lee Mi-yeon) on top of her game and a carefree superstar actor (Yoo Ah-in) who began his career on her television series. The second couple is made up of a middle-aged nosy chef (Kim Joo-hyeok) whose fiancée left him, and a spinster flight attendant (Choi Ji-woo) who lost her home. The last couple is a gifted composer (Kang Ha-neul) who writes popular love songs but has never experienced love and a television producer (Esom) who knows how a game of love is played.

Director Park Hyeon-jin, who made her directorial debut with "Lovers of 6 Years", created this film to capture the cultural landscape of modern day dating. The motifs of social networks and romance is relatable to audiences everywhere.

The film will be released in 17 major locations in North America including New York, Chicago, Los Angeles, Dallas, and Toronto. 
In partnership with CJ E&M, DramaFever, the leading online destination for international television shows, movies and concerts, will be hosting an advanced screening on February 25 at AMC Empire 25 in New York. Attendees who are not already Premium members will receive a free 30-day DramaFever subscription.

Tickets can be purchased here (kmovieondramafever.splashthat.com/). Seating will be limited.

More information : cj-entertainment.com/movies/160111-002/like-for-likes

Theatres

Los Angeles CGV Cinemas 2/26/2016 621 S Western Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90005
Dallas Cine Oasis 2/26/2016 1130 W Trinity Mills Rd #100, Carrollton, TX 75006
Fullerton Regal La Habra 2/26/2016 1351 West Imperial Highway La Habra, CA 90631
DC Regal Fairfax Towne 2/26/2016 4110 West Ox Rd Suite 12110, Fairfax, VA 22033
Dallas Cine Oasis 2/26/2016 1130 W. Trinity Mills Rd, Carrollton Tx 75006
San Jose AMC Eastridge 2/26/2016 2190 Eastridge Loop, San Jose, CA 95122
New York AMC Empire 2/26/2016 234 W 42nd St, New York, NY 10036
Seattle AMC Alderwood 2/26/2016 18733-33rd Ave. West Lynnwood, WA 98037
Denver AMC Arapahoe Crossin 2/26/2016 6696 S Parker Rd, Aurora, CO 80016
Chicago AMC Showplace Niles 2/26/2016 301 Golf Mill Center Niles, IL 60714
Atlanta AMC Sugarloaf Mills 2/26/2016 5900 Sugarloaf Pkwy, Lawrenceville, GA 30043
Irvine Regal Edwards UTC 2/26/2016 4245 Campus Drive, Irvine, CA 92612
New Jersey NA Edgewater 2/26/2016 339 River Road, Edgewater, NJ 07020
Honolulu Consolidated Pearlri 2/26/2016 98-1005 Moanalua Road, Aiea, HI 96701
Vancouver Cineplex Coquitlam 2/26/2016 170 Schoolhouse Street, Coquitlam, BC V3K 4X9, Canada
Toronto Cineplex Empress Wal 2/26/2016 5095 Yonge St, Toronto, ON M2N 6Z4, Canada
San Fransisco AMC Cupertino 2/26/2016 10123 N Wolfe Rd #3000, Cupertino, CA 95014

Archived