[Drama 2015] Masked Prosecutor 복면검사 - Thank You For Watching!!!

kbleon

Masked Prosecutor' Kim Seon-ah uncovers all the truth behind the mask Read more at: http://tr.im/zmRnn 

fxjFsO.jpg

The 14th episode of KBS 2TV's Wednesday & Thursday drama showed how Yoo Min-hee (Kim Seon-ah) was figuring it out that the masked man was Ha Dae-cheol (Joo Sang-wook). When Yoo Min-hee found out Ha Dae-cheol's father was Jeong Do-seong (Park Yeong-gyoo), she could piece the story together and figured it out exactly how Ha Dae-cheol ended up wearing the mask. Yoo Min-hee went to see Ha Dae-cheol and asked him straightforwardly, "You must be the mask". When Ha Dae-cheol was about to say something, Seo Ri-na (Hwang Seon-hee) quickly appeared and said, "Boss is looking for you", in order to help him get out of the trouble. However, Yoo Min-hee was already sure Ha Dae-cheol must be the masked man. While Ha Dae-cheol was beating up Kang Hyeon-woong, she shouted at him, "Stop, Ha Dae-cheol". Ha Dae-cheol instantly stopped throwing punches and turned his head towards Yoo Min-hee.

Watch on Viki Source : www.xportsnews.com/je... Read more at: http://tr.im/zmRnn

Read more at: http://tr.im/zmRnn

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Yurichin

morning, I'm back..wow soompi gives me hard time accessing the site

You are right @ross27, I appreciates it from someone whose not tendentious like me ^_^ , her acting here is like a male actor act not an actress, while people seen her as an actress.

(I'm sorry for my long tendentious defending, you can ignore it if you want )

she always create different acting in every role, that's how Kim Sun A get into the character, people who said that definitely didn't watch her in THE FIVE (and Yesterday) her scenes mostly tensed there. And they didn't know her real personality, when you know her she is like 180 degree different from how she is in her every drama/movie, how she talk, her voice and the way she moves, in short I'm blown away by just her real self ^_^, people don't know that after the drama ended she's sometimes still feel deprives by her character, that's why she always has quite long distance for every drama. I miss her in comedy drama, but I wonder if she'll took another serious role after this.

back to the drama, I'm shock with the chicken mask hahahaha....sometimes I feel hurt watching this drama, because the story is sad, and there is nothing like beautiful landscape, slips the chicken mask makes me wants to roll out of my bed :lol:.

at the end of the episode, I fell sorry to HW, and when MH stops DC, I still don't know DC's motives, as usual way his sense of justice or tantrum for his dad?, in my perspectives since HW can not avoid cop now, and just prosecutor society had no power defending him, looking at the surrounding there are no people so it's safe for MH to call him Ha Dae Cheol, though HW knows, he'll face prison (planned murder case is life time prison punishment in my country, dunno in Korea) and has no proves to say that DC is the masked man, plus masked man didn't do any criminal, he just involved with fighting the criminal, so no harm for him. But stil there could be any twist, could be HW jump to the river? (is that river right??) or....let's follow up episode 15 :):)

Guest adikkeluangman

샴페인, 태완 - Mask [드라마 복면검사 OST, Official TS]

Taewan and Champagne sang for drama Masked Prosecutor OST. I'm watching this drama on TV. Just realized that these two sang for this drama OST.

I am really, really sad there is not more interest in this drama. There was one other drama similar to this and the HW actor, Uhm Ji-sung, was the bad guy in that one too and that is the reason I never liked HW from Episode 1 on. That drama was called "Hero" on MBC from 2009 to 2010. The bad guys were the main newspaper people and the hero was a no-name reporter. Yoon So Yee was a female cop who was supportive of the male lead. They had an accidental kiss in Episode 1 and none thereafter. So perhaps this drama will go in that direction too, one accidental kiss and that is all.

The ending scene of Episode 14 worries me a lot. If you watch carefully HW's expression after MH called the Masked Man, "Ha Da Cheol," it seemed a light bulb came on in his head. Back when Jang Ho-Shik was threatening to report DC as the masked man, there seems to be something which could hurt DC because he is a prosecutor. When SRN found out about DC, DC pleaded with her to let him go for once. SRN said she would have cheered for someone like the Masked Man, but DC being a prosecutor cannot do what he did. Look for some high power lawyers to come in and declare everything a miss-trial. When evidences are obtained illegally, they cannot be used. Just remember what SRN had to struggle with when the chief of police was caught being bribed by JST, with cash and airplane ticket.  DC might be suspended for the next few episodes and hopefully everything could be resolved. In the Hero series, the bad guys had so much power the little guys cannot touch them. But using the Netizens they were able to collect enough signatures to turn the tide. DC told Ma Shang Ho that 70% of the prosecutors do not like what the Just Prosecutors Society does, so perhaps there is now enough momentum to get those corrupted attorneys in trouble. Fingers crossed.

Guest Yurichin
  • @docster6 Ssi it's very understandable if you acknowledge the level of this drama and what mostly audiences seek by watching Korean drama, this drama has it's fair portion I think if you compare others. Yes UKJ played a lot of bad guy (he said he prefer bad guy role) and good guy too (if you watch him in dream high and scent of a woman) while I watch him always  be a good guy role, of course we have different views, it's no problem :), Also Hero didn't received well by the audiences either. In K-drama history.. police, law enforcement theme didn't received well in korean public television channel, even can named many....what I'm afraid for is, once in press conference the PD said "can not say it will be happy ending" wow...hurtful plot episode by episode not happy ending?? I'm afraid talking about this...but since this week will be the last week so....maybe the production staff read this post, please make the main characters at least in peace and at ease...hahaha...
  • next episode seems like there will be a trial, I hope the righteous cops and prosecutors get their sweat in no vain...

I love this story, and I have no problem at all with the acting.  In fact, I find it very appropriate for the type of people in this drama.  A prosecutor or police detective  is not going to "overact" and run around like a drama queen with hair on fire.  These are problem solvers that have to put the pieces together, making sure the details and evidence is correct and in place in order for a conviction.  The story is a little complicated, but it's a good story, and far from the birth secrets, 20 somethings that can't act who  are looking for a steady date.  The 16 episodes are refreshing compared to the 50 or 120 that get bogged down and go nowhere half the time.  This is a mature, competent cast that interpreted their roles perfectly.

DC and Mum at the cafe...

DC says he now knows the reason why his dad made him a prosecutor, and that his dad's intention was not to get a revenge, but wanted them (mum & family) to be punished by the laws. DC says he thinks the same as his dad. DC's about to leave when Mum said, "But HW is your brother. So you can't do that. And, our HW won't easily fall because of you. Keep that in mind." DC's wanted to walk away again, and Mum goes, "I'm your mother, Daecheol ah!" DC turns back and said, "I'll leave now, Madame (sarcastically said)"

Greetings, Friend,

A question please...  Episode 14, and this conversation in particular, was enough to get me back on this site to vent...  I'm not a Korean speaker but the impression I got from the body language was that DC was "disowning" his mother.  Made me think back to Episode 13 when he heard her say if it was for HW, she could abandon DC again and I was of the impression that what he was doing at the end of that cafe conversation was abandoning her, thus the calling her Madam instead of Mom, signifying that from his perspective they are strangers.  Is this the correct sense of the conversation?

I know who's not getting my vote for Mother of the Year...

Greetings, Valsava!!! :lol:

In the last 2 coming episodes  .... I'll think MH n HW will know now that DC is a masked man ..(or MH happen to mentioned DC name in front of HW ....might be something else ..) :sweatingbullets:..The police will detained  HW due to his crime murdering SMS .. once HW being locked and interrogate by the police and  with all the evidences  (hopefully they will secured the evidence that SMS threaten HW before he was killed) of the crimes 30 years ago will revealed and it  involves JST, HW mon and dad .. no one can escape this time and all of them will be brought to  the trial  so as the Just Prosecutor Society and the corrupted  members will be dragged and punished by the law accordingly ...  and for DC he might be suspended for his duty due to some reckless actions by disguised as the masked man ...  can't wait for the lasts 2 episodes and hope the ending will be great  ..  (do hope some lovey dovey scenes between MH/DC at the end of the drama .. who knows once DC get suspended and relieved from his duty as a prosecutor he will have time to start pursuing  MH again .. ha ha .. -  hope to good to be true ... :lol::lol:)

DC says he now knows the reason why his dad made him a prosecutor, and that his dad's intention was not to get a revenge, but wanted them (mum & family) to be punished by the laws. DC says he thinks the same as his dad. DC's about to leave when Mum said, "But HW is your brother. So you can't do that. And, our HW won't easily fall because of you. Keep that in mind." DC's wanted to walk away again, and Mum goes, "I'm your mother, Daecheol ah!" DC turns back and said, "I'll leave now, Madame (sarcastically said)"

Greetings, Friend,

A question please...  Episode 14, and this conversation in particular, was enough to get me back on this site to vent...  I'm not a Korean speaker but the impression I got from the body language was that DC was "disowning" his mother.  Made me think back to Episode 13 when he heard her say if it was for HW, she could abandon DC again and I was of the impression that what he was doing at the end of that cafe conversation was abandoning her, thus the calling her Madam instead of Mom, signifying that from his perspective they are strangers.  Is this the correct sense of the conversation?

@chickpea,  So happy to see you hear glad to know you still around even though this thread isn't like AWRD thread but the few of us here are enjoying this gem of a drama that most people don't pay to much attention to.. 

When it comes to DV mom I don't know where to begin with her she abandon DC before she even had HW now for her to say she would do it again she never liked DC and to do it again she has to accept him as her son which she never have and never will she loathed the boy father now why would she care about the son and your are right he did abandon her DC was willingly to give her the benefit of the doubt why I don't know but in his case it's the mother he never had personally I think he should have told the witch to go take a hike and kick cans along the way 

In the last 2 coming episodes  .... I'll think MH n HW will know now that DC is a masked man ..The police will detained  HW due to his crime murdering SMS .. once HW being locked and interrogate by the police and  with all the evidences  (hopefully they will secured the evidence that SMS threaten HW before he was killed) of the crimes 30 years ago will revealed and it  involves JST, HW mon and dad .. no one can escape this time and all of them will be brought to  the trial  so as the Just Prosecutor Society and the corrupted  members will be dragged and punished by the law accordingly ...  and for DC he might be suspended for his duty due to some reckless actions by disguised as the masked man ...  can't wait for the lasts 2 episodes and hope the ending will be great  ..  (do hope some lovey dovey scenes between MH/DC at the end of the drama .. who knows once DC get suspended and relieved from his duty as a prosecutor he will have time to start pursue  MH again .. ha ha .. -  hope to good to be true ... :lol::lol:)

@melchai,  I don't see how DC could be connected to the mask man unless MH spill the beans which I doubt she do because the same people that DC trying to catch is the same ones letJST go for raping her mom and besides why tell on MH when JST flunky took the fall for it all..  I didn't realize we were coming up on the last 2 episodes 

@melchai,  I don't see how DC could be connected to the mask man unless MH spill the beans which I doubt she do because the same people that DC trying to catch is the same ones letJST go for raping her mom and besides why tell on MH when JST flunky took the fall for it all..  I didn't realize we were coming up on the last 2 episodes

@valsava I wished too that she will not spilled out when DC tried to hit HW again ... she did call DC name at then end ep. 14 ...  hope she will say something else since HW looked so curious when she call DC name ... she did feels grateful to  DC/masked man who  did helped her  tremendously on pursuing and chasing after JST illegal activities crimes and her revenged towards JST  for what he did to her mom and her  ... wow.. now we will see some actions in the court hope SRN will lead as prosecutor and brought all of  them to the justice  for good .... ..

@valsava I wished too that she will not spilled out when DC tried to hit HW again ... she did call DC name at then end ep. 14 ...  hope she will say something else since HW looked so curious when she call DC name ... she did feels grateful to  DC/masked man who  did helped her  tremendously on pursuing and chasing after JST illegal activities crimes and her revenged towards JST  for what he did to her mom and her  ... wow.. now we will see some actions in the court hope SRN will lead as prosecutor and brought all of  them to the justice  for good .... ..

When MH shouted Ha Dae Chul at Masked Man and looking at HW's expression, I was also worried as to how this might come to harm DC. Still, there are only 2 episodes left so we will get all the resolutions next week. Super excited about the court case!

Greetings, Friend,

I was so happy when DC turned around and addressed her as Madam instead of Mom. It is his way to tell her that he has seen through her motives and that just as she had abandoned him once, she has now abandoned him again, putting her current son and family first. In a way, he has given up on having such a mother. It is a very sad situation for him but he must have been devastated by his mom's words to address her as Madam. 

@docster6 and @Yurichin,  I have enjoyed watching this drama and am cautiously optimistic of a good ending..as in good triumphs over bad, and our OTP has a happy ending with some on-screen lovey/dovey moments! Since PD said, `can not say it will have a happy ending', it also means he did not say it will not have a happy ending. In any case, the story is interesting/exciting, and JSW and KSA have put in excellent  performances, including the supporting cast. Cheers to Masked Prosecutor!

@Valsava - Greetings, Friend.  Regarding the Woman Who Bore DC (I refuse to call her his mother)... yeah, right?  Something is not fitting well in this picture.  I'm not a mother and there is not a "motherly" bone in my body but even I know there is something weird with this woman.  Even animals don't behave the way she has and is doing with her first-born son.  And it seems counter-intuitive for a Korean mother in a drama.  Usually these women will defend their children to the death and especially the first born son.  I get it, maybe she hated the father for some reason yet to be revealed, but these women then usually raise the child away from the father.  Okay, and maybe the story about not wanting him to be raised as the child of a spy is valid but I don't think so since she seems to know the father wasn't a spy so that means she abandoned DC because she wanted to abandon DC and that makes me think, based on her actions then and her words now, that she loathes this child of her womb and that just gives me the creeps.

@ross27 - I'm with you, Friend.  I knew the word for "Madam" so I knew DC called her that and I was hoping the rest of what he said was something along the lines of "Abandon me again, Madam" thereby using her own words (and past actions) against her and letting her know that he no longer needs this woman to be his mother.  The vitriol in what she said to DC about HW was, in my opinion, unwarranted and designed to be hurtful.  She meant to hurt DC and, like I said above, I find her actions just weird for a mother.  I'll let you in on something... remember that scene where DC first came to dinner and she was "cuddling" with someone we couldn't see in another room and spilled the wine...  for a minute, I thought the person she was with then wasn't her husband but the son...  that's what this woman's actions make me think of, defending a lover not protecting a son... but I don't think even this drama will go there...  its just weird (as I shake my head)...

@melchai - My best guess (hope) for the final two episodes...  that it turns out that either HW's father or DC's mother was the N. Korean spy and they set up DC's Dad to take the fall.  There had to be some kind of evidence to convince the jury even if it was weak.  Perhaps those two were both NK sleeper spies and lovers who, when the time was right, conveniently took advantage of the situation to get rid of DC's Dad, take over the electronics company and are perhaps using illegal means to smuggle contraband up north.  That would really make my day...

Happy Weekend, All....

Well guy's I have tossed my vote in for DC mom to get the worst mother of the year award better yet the worst mother in Kdrama land,  All the roles that she have played as a mom I never seen her as a good mom the only time I seen her played and ok mom mom was in a good day for the wind to blow other then everything afterwards was all downhill Ruby's Ring she a horrible mom to know one of you kids switch identity with her sister even changed they faces and all you can say is forgive her and how bad of a mom she is for not recognizing such a tragic person..    

CSI - Crime Scene Investigation. This drama does not spend too much time on police investigation because the Just Prosecutor Group just cover up everything. When DA Song and HW met during that last time, they drove separately. That was obvious because Song started to walk away, taunting HW as a loser. So for HW to make it look like suicide, he must have moved the body to the top of a cliff because when they talked they appeared to be near the water surface with lights of the nearby building reflecting. It is possible that Song was not dead from just one blow of a rock, but his fall from the cliff finished him off. There seemed to be a lot of blood, either in Song's car or in HW's car if his body was transported. If the blood is in Song's car, then it would be strange for a man to commit suicide and have his blood already there. If Song's blood is still in HW's car, it can still be examined. Since HW mom saw blood stain on the back of his jacket when he came home, that blood should also be on the driver seat of HW's car. I know, I know, none of this matters for this drama. But to put a criminal away, you need evidence like that in addition to those JST pictures.

The big difference this time is that nobody from the Just Prosecutors' Group would cover for HW because he killed their former leader and that he crossed the line. So the Seoul Central Office couldn't just come in and remove all the evidences and declare a suicide. DC was actually at the JPG meeting when HW used JST's ledger to threaten the group's members to keep them in line. Each of the members received an accounting of his share but the others do not know. So DC wouldn't have the others' information but he does know they have received bribes. But HW has all the numbers from JST so the members of that group is not clear of wrongdoing at all. DC promised to make SRN a huge legacy as being a prosecutor that people could remember. That would be so cool, SRN won many cases before when she didn't even know where the evidences came from. Now she knows of the effectiveness of the Masked Man, so MH and SRN should really help the Masked Man out. If not, our Chicken-Mask Man must do it all alone from now on.

@docster6 - "nobody from the Just Prosecutors' Group would cover for HW because he killed their former leader" - I hope the (Un)-Just Prosecutors Society won't cover for HW because he's a murderer plain and simple regardless of who the victim is and if that's not enough that they won't cover for him because DC and "Chicken Little" sent that clip to the media as well as law enforcement and the (Un)-JPS.  Otherwise, its a simple matter to make the clip disappear, impose a gag order and buy off the UJPS to set up the "Masked Man" which everyone now knows to be DC as the person responsible for SMS's death...

Yah - @chickpea, @valsava, you two need to give some respect to "Chicken Little." He has been more effective than the real masked guy. While DC has been sobbing about missing his mom, about being injured, about being discouraged, JHS has been carrying the load mentally. Here are some of those great lines Chicken Little came up with. (1) "You need to rest up, this body is not yours, it belongs to the Republic of Korea." (2) You should be called the "whack job of justice." (3) JHS cannot keep the secret, DC made an excuse in front of MH and JHS' girlfriend that they would be out doing exercise. JHS said, "we will be right back after we serve some justice." DC, "shhhh, be quiet." JHS is so into it, he has a fresh start while DC is beginning to be worn down. (4) After HW's assistant found out about JHS' involvement with paper switching at the copier, JHS volunteered to serve time in jail so DC could continue his work as a masked man. (5) After DC served out the law by doing an eye for an eye justice on JHS' girlfriend's EX-husband, JHS swore he would devote his life to serve justice alongside DC. That was very touching. JHS' skill set is so vast, "No Eye Hand," picking door locks, disabling electronic locks, breaking in cars, knowing locations of CCTV, criminal philosophies like baiting with no evidence. Wow, without JHS, DC wouldn't have succeeded. It is true DC could beat people up, but Chicken Little has my admiration.

Hi, everyone. Thanks once again for all the screen caps, recaps and stills.

Really enjoyed reading all your comments and analysis and speculations.

May I add in? Just my guess - knowing HW's character, he definitely will not want to be arrested.

Apparently, they are on a bridge, right? He might just jump right down and disappear, so

DC's identity will not be revealed. And DC and MH will live happily together after clearing the

name of DC's father and having all the bad guys behind bars. How does this sound? Too farfetched?

Archived