[Drama 2015] My Love Eun-dong 사랑하는 은동아

wolanah

Good morning/night Eundongers :)

There is such a robust conversation in here! I just wanted to jump in and take a moment to comment. 

I'm really liking the theme of recovery. Both JH and ED got injured from the accident. JH is progressing with his ability to walk. ED is recovering her memory. Healing is definitely a positive thing. However, I think the writers go on to show that recovery can result in good or bad consequences and can fundamentally change a person for the worse or better. First of all, JH's motivation to walk is deceptively noble. For one, he wants to be able to carry RI on his shoulders. He also says he want to be able to walk around barefoot for a whole day. However, we also know that what really drives him is this perverted idea he has of what it takes to be a man. Being a man does not include false imprisonment. He wants to be able to walk also to relieve himself of all the guilt he has for the past 10 years. 

On the other hand, ED's recovery is portrayed more as a return to a natural state. She becomes a whole person once she finds her past. But this past comes with it a burden of incredible pain. She has to learn that everyone has betrayed her. She also has to learn of all the time she has lost with EH as a result. Still, I think the writer tries to show that for ED, it's finally worth it for her to get over her fear and face all this pain if it means she gets to be with EH. 

For both "recoveries" it also looks as if they still fail to fully fix the person. JH may be able to walk, but he won't be able to gain ED's heart. He also uses the fact that he's paralyzed as an excuse for why he can't protect his family and compete against EH. However, that excuse will disappear once he's able to walk and he'll have to realize that it wasn't his disability that kept them apart. ED may be able to gain her memories back, and be reunited with EH... but this will surely be short-lived, and as mentioned, she has to pay a huge price. 

@sparkzy Welcome aboard! Glad you took the jump :) Interesting theme on recovery. I enjoyed the parallels and agree with most of them.

But oh noooo...Eun Dong has to pay a huge price? Why? How? No sickness no makjang please. Writernim, please don't go there! 

Eun Dong has already paid a huge price for the past decade, through no fault of hers. Except if making her own choice in love/rejection is considered her fault, then for her love of one man and her rejection of another man, she has already paid a huge price in losing her happiness with the man she loved and still loves; in having her son being raised by a monster and not by his father, in causing the man she loves to suffer hardship of yearnings for the past decade, and the rippling effect of it all... I say enough suffering for OTP already! Eun Dong and Eun Ho need what @sooyoungdaebak (*wink*) termed as rainbows and unicorns. I vote for their happiness, their reunion, their togetherness everafter in thick and thin. Or at least, a satisfactory and plausible conclusion. 

@jadecloud,  I agree what else is it she needs to pay for have she not done enough the past decade alone is more then enough what else is there.. If she supposed to pay a huge price do this means that JH or SR will do something to RA II I just don't see the writer making her give up more then she already have..  

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning/night Eundongers :)

Dear Eundongers, what's the name of this couple? Vanilla ice-cream? HoDong would be weird :D 

I think I like @salijoo @lucy13880 version, EunEun - cos in literal chinese translation (and perhaps korean hanja too) it means Double Gratitude. That is so true of Eun Dong and Eun Ho. For their In Yeon and their decades/time of togetherness and separation, and hopefully an everafter togetherness (I feel it but still gotta wait and see, as CPnim stated in JTBC presscon), they surely will be extemely gratified and thankful, in all senses of the word. (And so will I, and many of us here :) )

You are right @jadecloud, it means the same in Korean.  I was thinking that also when I heard Eun Eun.

은혜 恩惠 (Eun Hye)

(신세, 혜택) (고마움) favor, gratitude (친절) kindness

은혜를 베풀다

Eun Hye also means 'grace' which I like and give you such positive energy for Eun Dong and Eun Ho to go forward with. 

Hi all, until now after reading all the comments and speculation about next ep, I feel that most of us frame JaeHo to be the mastermind behind Eundong's memory lost. Of course I object him for not telling the truth about her identity after the book was out, but let's think again from the moment that ED and JH was in the accident.

---edited---

I maybe wrong but I believe JH is not that bad.. but a poor man desperately seeking for love - Same as what SR is doing now to EunHo.

@gaixixon,  Hello,  I see your one of them also that don't believe that JH isn't a bad person.. Well I beg to differ have you not look at that picture when he was driving the car and she telling him to let her out he looked like a mad man.. Have you not ED flashback her being drag away from the park by the nut job.. No matter how you want to think he's nice he's so not nice if he were he wouldn't be joining forces with SR to destroy EH when knew all alone himself that ED loved another and never would have agreed to lying to her about who she is.. JH love for ED is sick and twisted and the man is just as vile as they come..       

@valsava Amen to that! Bang! Bang! Bang! with bullseye on every point. Now to reward you, hang on for the upcoming BBTD chingu ....hehe ipOc4rC.gif 

...and to you too @sooyoungdaebak @xXMzSmilesXx and everyone else who is waiting too....including me of course ipOc4rC.gif 

Oh boy, this thread is officially on a time bomb beginning now!

0p0WEQ5.gif

Hi all, until now after reading all the comments and speculation about next ep, I feel that most of us frame JaeHo to be the mastermind behind Eundong's memory lost. Of course I object him for not telling the truth about her identity after the book was out, but let's think again from the moment that ED and JH was in the accident.

---edited---

I maybe wrong but I believe JH is not that bad.. but a poor man desperately seeking for love - Same as what SR is doing now to EunHo.

@gaixixon,  Hello,  I see your one of them also that don't believe that JH isn't a bad person.. Well I beg to differ have you not look at that picture when he was driving the car and she telling him to let her out he looked like a mad man.. Have you not ED flashback her being drag away from the park by the nut job.. No matter how you want to think he's nice he's so not nice if he were he wouldn't be joining forces with SR to destroy EH when knew all alone himself that ED loved another and never would have agreed to lying to her about who she is.. JH love for ED is sick and twisted and the man is just as vile as they come..       

@valsava Amen to that! Bang! Bang! Bang! with bullseye on every point. Now to reward you, hang on for the upcoming BBTD chingu ....hehe ipOc4rC.gif 

...and to you too @sooyoungdaebak @xXMzSmilesXx and everyone else who is waiting too....including me of course ipOc4rC.gif 

Oh boy, this thread is officially on a time bomb beginning now!

0p0WEQ5.gif

@jadecloud,  I hope that Bang Bang TD will be EH has spawned another one in her..(A girl this time) :w00t: 

@valsava,

I agree I'm sorry will never be enough for what JH has done. JH forced ED into that car and caused that accident. With ED having no memory just as JH forced her into that car he forced her into a life of being his wife and caretaker. Even if it turns out to be her adopted father was the mastermind of all this JH is still just as much at fault. Him going along with the adopted father is just as bad. JH took EH's life with ED and his son and made them his own. Actually from the time ED was forced into that car and married to JH and taken out of the country is considered kidnapping. JH saying he's sorry because he loves her does not excuse what he has done. 

@jadecloud,

I agree ED has paid a price but not by any fault of her own. She had a right to love who she wanted. ED and EH have both paid the price for other's peoples selfish wants and needs.  Both of them have lived their lives with the missing pieces to their happiness. Now that they have found each other again evil will still try and intervene to keep them apart. The battle to stay together will not be easy because  SR and JH are combining to do more evil. This brings me back to the Eclipse which is SR and JH's doing..The moon only shines from the reflection of the sun. Without the sun the moon cannot shine. During Eclipse the moon will only cover the sun for a second or a minute and the sun will shine again and warm the earth. 

NaverBlog_20150627_191350_08.jpg

@hell59,  You were asking if they were done with the kid actors

I don't think so they look like they are on the island also..  

I definitely like the sound and meaning of Eun Eun Couple better than BANG BANG couple (ya'll dirty minded people) :lol:

@xxmzsmilesxx,  Guilty I'm The Pervy Ajjuma, ;) LMAO  

@valsava,

I agree I'm sorry will never be enough for what JH has done. JH forced ED into that car and caused that accident. With ED having no memory just as JH forced her into that car he forced her into a life of being his wife and caretaker. Even if it turns out to be her adopted father was the mastermind of all this JH is still just as much at fault. Him going along with the adopted father is just as bad. JH took EH's life with ED and his son and made them his own. Actually from the time ED was forced into that car and married to JH and taken out of the country is considered kidnapping. JH saying he's sorry because he loves her does not excuse what he has done. 

@jadecloud,

I agree ED has paid a price but not by any fault of her own. She had a right to love who she wanted. ED and EH have both paid the price for other's peoples selfish wants and needs.  Both of them have lived their lives with the missing pieces to their happiness. Now that they have found each other again evil will still try and intervene to keep them apart. The battle to stay together will not be easy because  SR and JH are combining to do more evil. This brings me back to the Eclipse which is SR and JH's doing..The moon only shines from the reflection of the sun. Without the sun the moon cannot shine. During Eclipse the moon will only cover the sun for a second or a minute and the sun will shine again and warm the earth. 

@awsparkle,  Hi,  I'm glad you pointed this out also.. This could be several reason adopted dad wants to make this book out to be lies.. It's to keep ED chained to JH and they all gang up together and tell her she's not ED and if they did those  electro-convulsive therapy they all in serious trouble including the doctor or doctors that treated her for this because if any of them read this book and connect it to her those medical jackets will try and protect themselves and I had been wondering if these acts they done to her was criminal..  Yes it was from the very moment JH took her from the park against her will that was kidnapping from the very moment she ask JH to pull the car over and let her out he kept her in the against her will that's still kidnapping to brainwash her and taking her out of the country fit's in with the kidnapping all them needs to be jailed including the adoptive parents,, I think all parties that knew should be jailed..  That's just like those girls that had been kidnap over decades ago to be sex slaves for they predator or predators they are being charged for these criminal acts so adopted dad ans JH falls right in that category..

Speaking of the eclipse thing if I'm remembering correctly EH is the Sun ED is his Moon and in that drama when the King started to inquire about her death she started coming out of her memory loss from being shock that she was buried alive.. But ED accident was shocking to where she lost her memory it's something they done in the hospital to her that caused her to lose her memory it could have been so shocking that she couldn't believe they wold stoop that low to pin her to JH.. But getting back to the eclipse once the moon and sun embraced the world became brighter but ED and EH will have to battle the dark forces individually and together.. I just hope SR don't try and kidnap her and ship her out of the country again.. So hopefully our moon and sun do a lot of embracing in the upcoming episodes..  

Question do you think SR boy toy is still following EH for the hell of it.. ?      

Translation:

“Kim Sarang’s memory loss acting well beyond expectation: CP Song”

EASKVJW.jpg

JTBC Fri/Sat Drama ‘My Love Eun Dong’ Production teams expressed heartfelt gratitude for the impassioned performance by Kim Sa Rang.

During the Press Conference held on June 30th the CP in charge of ‘MLED’ Song Won Seop expressed his satisfaction by saying  ‘The lead female role is someone with a memory loss.  It is not easy to portray someone slowly recovering her memory but Kim Sa Rang is showing us great acting.”

CP Song also stated ‘I understand memory does not return at once in reality.  It comes back little by little and it takes a long time for full recovery.’ ‘Each time out Kim Sa Rang checks to see how much her character’s memory has returned.’

‘Kim Sa Rang has protested the difficulty of the role but she’s mastered the state of confusion in the character far beyond my expectation and for that the PD team is very grateful.’  He further complimented her by saying ‘she is showing so much more maturity in her acting than in her previous projects.’  

‘MLED’ marks Kim Sara Rang’s first return to the brown screen in 4 years since her last role in SBS’s ‘Secret Garden.’  She took a long time to decide because this is such a different role.  According to CP Song, ‘her extraordinary beauty was a factor in casting but the fact that she hasn’t done a project in 4 years was relevant too.’  ‘She told me she was concerned about getting a lot of projects that were very similar to her role in ‘Secret Garden.’   She was looking for a project that would move her forward as an actress and not focused on her beauty alone.’  She chose ‘MYED’ to show what she's made of inside not just her outer beauty. 

‘MLED’ is about a man who becomes a top star to find a woman who suddenly disappears from an accident that leads to her memory loss and their intense 20 year love story that unfolds after they reunite.  The impassioned acting between Joo Jin Mo and Kim Sa Range is fast becoming a topic of conversation among the netizens.

PS:  This Korean article was posted by @jadecloud about 25 pages back of the thread!

http://sports.chosun.com/news/ntype.htm?id=201507010100003160026045&servicedate=20150630

Translation:

EASKVJW.jpg

JTBC Fri/Sat Drama ‘My Love Eun Dong’ Production teams expressed heartfelt gratitude for the impassioned performance by Kim Sa Rang.

During the Press Conference held on June 30th the CP in charge of ‘MLED’ Song Won Seop expressed his satisfaction by saying  ‘The lead female role is someone with a memory loss.  It is not easy to portray someone slowly recovering her memory but Kim Sa Rang is showing us great acting.”

CP Song also stated ‘I understand memory does not return at once in reality.  It comes back little by little and it takes a long time for full recovery.’ ‘Each time out Kim Sa Rang checks to see how much her character’s memory has returned.’

‘Kim Sa Rang has protested the difficulty of the role but she’s mastered the state of confusion in the character far beyond my expectation and for that the PD team is very grateful.’  He further complimented her by saying ‘she is showing so much more maturity in her acting than in her previous projects.’  

‘MLED’ marks Kim Sara Rang’s first return to the brown screen in 4 years since her last role in SBS’s ‘Secret Garden.’  She took a long time to decide because this is such a different role.  According to CP Song, ‘her extraordinary beauty was a factor in casting but the fact that she hasn’t done a project in 4 years was relevant too.’  ‘She told me she was concerned about getting a lot of projects that were very similar to her role in ‘Secret Garden.’   She was looking for a project that would move her forward as an actress and not focused on her beauty alone.’  She chose ‘MYED’ to show what she's made of inside not just her outer beauty. 

‘MLED’ is about a man who becomes a top star to find a woman who suddenly disappears from an accident that leads to her memory loss and their intense love story after they reunite.  The impassioned acting between Joo Jin Mo and Kim Sa Range is fast becoming a topic of conversation among the netizens.

PS:  This Korean article was posted by @jadecloud about 25 pages back of the thread!

http://sports.chosun.com/news/ntype.htm?id=201507010100003160026045&servicedate=20150630

So we all know what is waiting us CHINGUS!!^^

@valsava: Yes. I did saw how he drives and the accident happen, and I did see him drag her away. Now let's put things into context. Like it or not, ED did have sometimes meet JH or in another word dating with him. (During the conversation with her college friend, she said that she made up her mind that say goodbye to JH when she reunite EH.), then it's understandable for his anger at the moment he saw his beloved going with another man.. I am not trying to protect JH, but he is not an angel, and his action was just out of control for a moment.. and I hope the accident was just an accident, but not his suicide action as I questioned earlier. For the things happened after the accident, he is completely wrong as he had the time to think and consider.

I just wanna be fair with people, even he made mistakes.

@gaixixon  I like that you're playing the devil's advocate here, and trying to reason for Jae Ho's mistakes (which I feel is more of evilness). Yes, even the darndest gae-sae-kki (pardon the lang. but I find no other form of expression better in this context) deserves some cheers from one or more cheergroupies. 

As for being FAIR, I think that has long been thrown out of Jae Ho's dictionary when he decided that he can and will do anything for his love of Eun Dong. To Jae Ho, "All's fair in love and war"(quote from various sources, most well-known was Shakespeare). But is it really?

To begin with, 'fair' is definitely missing when:

• Jae Ho stripped Eun Dong of her right to choose the man she loves and wants to be with. And with the accident, and its aftermath, it dragged on for a decade, and we all know what Eun Dong has to put up with in that decade;
  • Jae Ho manipulated and attempted to forever 'erase or suppress' the memories of Eun Dong while she is mentally ill, and because she suffered from amnesia (post-accident). (My take is Jae Ho is the mastermind. But even as an accessory or a partner-in-crime, fairness has been trashed);
  • Jae Ho usurped the rightful place of fatherhood from Eun Ho, and kept the birth secret of Ra Il from Eun Dong and Eun Ho;
  • Jae Ho deprived Ra Il from a wonderful dad in Eun Ho, a Top Star dad at that. And that 'confusion, more like abuse' is a lifetime affect;
  • Jae Ho continued to withhold the truth and opted to continue on with his sham even after the book has been published, which made Eun Dong fleetingly remember certain events;
  • Jae Ho chose to hold on to Eun Dong as his 'wife' instead of coming clean and asking for forgiveness, and despite Eun Dong's  repeated questionings and her hope for the truth (how they met, how they got married, their time in US, etc) when Eun Dong is trying to regain her lost memories;
  • Jae Ho chose to escalate his delusional ownership of Eun Dong in more evil ways, in collaboration with other evil peeps; 
  • ...and the list goes on and on.

So, to me, while it's noble of (you chingu :) and) Eun Ho to want to consider 'fairness' when he said in ep 10 'I will play fair' (in my quest of regaining Eun Dong), in my mind, I was screaming 'wae-yo?'. You've not been dealt a fair hand from a decade ago, why even consider being fair? But, of course, writernim's portrayal of Eun Ho has been consistent, and has been pure, innocent and upright. Let's see how this 'Fair Play' will pan out. Can't wait!

PS: In fact, Hyeon Soo/Eun Ho has always had a 'fair play' mindset. Back in the 20s when he told Eun Dong 'he'll play fair and fight to win her love'. Hyeon Soo had used those very words on a few other occasions (will try to screencap when I can). 

Translation:

--edited---

‘MLED’ is about a man who becomes a top star to find a woman who suddenly disappears from an accident that leads to her memory loss and their intense love story after they reunite.  

@seungshin  Thank you for your translation tfCqeDA.gif @lolly84 Thank you for highlighting the 'intensity'...hehe tfCqeDA.gif

Chingus-yahhhhh.. you've both just made my day! I now have a spring in my walk :) I agree with CPnim Song. KSR has been phenomenal in her portrayal as Ji Eun Dong. And JJM has been no less as Ji Eun Ho. What an awesome OTP! Perfect casting! This whole MLED team is a dream team to me :) 

Translation:

EASKVJW.jpg

‘MLED’ is about a man who becomes a top star to find a woman who suddenly disappears from an accident that leads to her memory loss and their intense 20 year love story that unfolds after they reunite.  The impassioned acting between Joo Jin Mo and Kim Sa Range is fast becoming a topic of conversation among the netizens.

SO ED AND EH OUTING WAS TO SHOW HER ALL THOSE PLACES SHE SAW IN HER RECOVERY LETTING HER KNOW THAT THEY ALL ARE REAL AND NONE FAKE.  I LOVE IT AND W GET TO SEE SOME OTP MOMENTS OF THE ED AND EH IN THERE 30'S..    I WONDER DID HE SHOW HER, HER HALMONI PLACE

Friday is approaching so close, I could hardly wait ~

So, do we agree on EunEun? :wub:

@agoodheart,  THIS WEEK DID ZIP BY FAST BUT ONE GOOD THING FOR ME WHEN I GO TO SLEEP TONIGHT I'LL WILL WAKE UP TO EUN DONG 

Translation:

--edited---

‘MLED’ is about a man who becomes a top star to find a woman who suddenly disappears from an accident that leads to her memory loss and their intense love story after they reunite.  

@seungshin  Thank you for your translation tfCqeDA.gif @lolly84 Thank you for highlighting the 'intensity'...hehe tfCqeDA.gif

Chingus-yahhhhh.. you've both just made my day! I now have a spring in my walk :) I agree with CPnim Song. KSR has been phenomenal in her portrayal as Ji Eun Dong. And JJM has been no less as Ji Eun Ho. What an awesome OTP! Perfect casting! This whole MLED team is a dream team to me :) 

You're welcome!^^ Tomorrow is THE DAY...THAT DAY Chingus!!! I can't waitttttttt *_________*

@valsava Good question. I think boy toy Sec Kim is still following Eun Ho and will also 'eclipse' into a bad boy for Seo Ryeong. He told her in ep 10 "I'll do the dirty work for you. Just pretend you don't know/see" (something like that). I've a feeling that somehow boy toy may get hurt in the process, and that may win the sympathy and affection of Seo Ryeong. Another poor chap in love and making all the wrong moves for love. See, I said it before, LOVE MAKES THE WORLD GO ROUND AND ROUND. Not money...hehe MI3uGfQ.gif

Guest meelis

Yes, tomorrow is THE DAY. I overworked myself today, just to be free tomorrow when the drama airs (it's in the middle of the working day here where I live). If by chance nothing happens (you know what I mean), I'll flip tables (quoting @salijoo LOL).:P Well, at least I'll enjoy the live streaming for the first time after ep. 1.

KSR on set:

9eppQ4.jpg

http://www.tvreport.co.kr/?c=news&m=newsview&idx=739584

It was posted in KSR's instagram 2 days ago, but I think I didn't see it here. Sorry if it's a repost, I did my best to go through all 40 pages I had to catch up with, but maybe I missed this one. Anyway, I like it, it looks more like beachwear. I wonder if JJM has a matching outfit.:lol:

Just a quick note... I do believe HS would have been a great father to RI, no doubt about it... but just keep in mind that their story would have been a bit different... the reason HS turned into that big superstar EH, was because of ED's disappearance... I don't think he would have become the actor he is now, if this had not happened... remember how much he sucked at acting just before enlisting to his military service.

So for those that keep on saying ooohhh the life that RI would have had being the son of a rich superstar... Yes, indeed he would have been a great playful father to his son, and they would have had a great loving family unit; but they may not have been as rich as everyone is supposing. Maybe ED would have been the money earner as a teacher and writer, while HS got his act together and became a working man.

Remember that the only reason why he went into acting was because of ED as well, not because he wanted to. He liked his motorbikes, and he mentioned he wanted to become a better man/person; he never said his dream was to become an actor. Maybe he was going to be a motorbike salesperson... :P

@valsava Good question. I think boy toy Sec Kim is still following Eun Ho and will also 'eclipse' into a bad boy for Seo Ryeong. He told her in ep 10 "I'll do the dirty work for you. Just pretend you don't know/see" (something like that). I've a feeling that somehow boy toy may get hurt in the process, and that may win the sympathy and affection of Seo Ryeong. Another poor chap in love and making all the wrong moves for love. See, I said it before, LOVE MAKES THE WORLD GO ROUND AND ROUND. Not money...hehe MI3uGfQ.gif

@jadecloud,  This is what worries me boy toy off doing things and may kidnap RA II or EH and SR trying to force EH into a relationship with her or forcing ED to leave EH without him knowing  where she went.. 

Just a quick note... I do believe HS would have been a great father to RI, no doubt about it... but just keep in mind that their story would have been a bit different... the reason HS turned into that big superstar EH, was because of ED's disappearance... I don't think he would have become the actor he is now, if this had not happened... remember how much he sucked at acting just before enlisting to his military service.

So for those that keep on saying ooohhh the life that RI would have had being the son of a rich superstar... Yes, indeed he would have been a great playful father to his son, and they would have had a great loving family unit; but they may not have been as rich as everyone is supposing. Maybe ED would have been the money earner as a teacher and writer, while HS got his act together and became a working man.

Remember that the only reason why he went into acting was because of ED as well, not because he wanted to. He liked his motorbikes, and he mentioned he wanted to become a better man/person; he never said his dream was to become an actor. Maybe he was going to be a motorbike salesperson... :P

@stclaus,  At that time HS had a need for danger and speed so a bike racer is more like him he's not into selling he's into buying so a salesman I don't see and he's the type may have a small business to because we all know he wasn't good at taking orders from anyone.. 

@stclaus

It's true Hyeon Soo may not amount to much if Eun Dong wasn't separated from him, and wasn't a motivation for him to be an actor and to aspire to be more. The focal point is that Hyeon Soo being who he is, having good traits in him (as writernim so crafted), he would have been an amazing father, an amazing fatherly influence, to Ra Il, whether as a layman, a bike salesman or a Top Star. And I don't mean to be insensitive here, but Hyeon Soo/Eun Ho would also be able to be a more actively involved father than Jae Ho has been. And the family of three - HS/ED/RI - would definitely have lived a much happier, healthier and loving decade. 

Archived