[Drama 2015] My Love Eun-dong 사랑하는 은동아

wolanah

Funny is DK and his cousin are working for the couple. When the latter asked her if she wanted to go DK's place for some vacation, to me, it was clear that DK and his cousin had organised a meeting between ED and EH without them knowing.  

OMG It did not even dawn on me.  @docster6 was right you are a genius.  It's just so there right in front of us.  DG set up that first dinner for EH with ED.  MS said she had heard everything from DG.  She heard ED crying about how much she loved EH even though she had told him they were going no where.  My Gawwdd.  This is so awesome.  So on point with one this writer would do.  Thank you @bebebisous33 !

Thanks a lot for the compliment!crazy monkey

To me, the turning point is the sponsoring's evening. EH had only DK as a supporter first, because all the other people kept saying: she is married and she has a son. Even ED was forced to admit it. Then the mother came as second... she is the one who decided to give her memories back. However, when ED told to her friend the truth, the latter changed her mind, but didn't show it so obviously.

I consider the gala the turning point because JH used the public opinion to declare ED to be his wife which made EH react. EH has always been a fighter and he had been provoked by JH's speech and SR's intervention. To me, EH would have tried to stay as close as possible to ED without asking more from her, but the event pushed him to do the opposite. He will fight for his love. 

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest adikkeluangman

‪#‎Junior‬ [JTBC ‘This is Love’] Young Hyun-Soo reappeared! Twisted episode, showing the past Eun-Dong’s emotion towards Hyun-Soo, is revealed!

2015062407392110862_1_99_20150624074004.
http://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=108&aid=0002430340

Kim Tae Hun movie Snow Paths got invited to the 50th Karlovy Vary Film Festival in Czech Republic to be held on July 3 to 11 but looks like he will not going to attend it due to his dramas filming schedule

Funny is DK and his cousin are working for the couple. When the latter asked her if she wanted to go DK's place for some vacation, to me, it was clear that DK and his cousin had organised a meeting between ED and EH without them knowing.  

OMG It did not even dawn on me.  @docster6 was right you are a genius.  It's just so there right in front of us.  DG set up that first dinner for EH with ED.  MS said she had heard everything from DG.  She heard ED crying about how much she loved EH even though she had told him they were going no where.  My Gawwdd.  This is so awesome.  So on point with what this writer would do.  Thank you @bebebisous33 !

Thanks a lot for the compliment!crazy monkey

To me, the turning point is the sponsoring's evening. EH had only DK as a supporter first, because all the other people kept saying: she is married and she has a son. Even ED was forced to admit it. Then the mother came as second... she is the one who decided to give her memories back. However, when ED told to her friend the truth, the latter changed her mind, but didn't show it so obviously.

I consider the gala the turning point because JH used the public opinion to declare ED to be his wife which made EH react. EH has always been a fighter and he had been provoked by JH's speech and SR's intervention. To me, EH would have tried to stay as close as possible to ED without asking more from her, but the event pushed him to do the opposite. He will fight for his love. 

Ji Eun Ho going public for Ji Eun Dong:

gPz5Nr7.gif

PS:  I just remembered MS telling EJH when they first met ED 'keeps herself alone in the room' a Korean saying for there being no physical relationship between her and her husband.  Oh the noise in my head about what MS and DG have been cooking up for ED and EH.  They make me smile for all four of them!

@lucy13880, thank you for the posters with words in big fonts - so funny!  

@bebebisous33, I agree that the turning point was the sponsoring event. It provoked EH to actively fight JH for ED. Just prior to that, in his phone call to ED, he had told her he would wait. But after the event, it was all out war. It also provoked ED to read that love letter from HS and triggered all her memories back.

The debate on whether Adoptive dad Seo knew of RA II's biological father or not is interesting and we will know the answer in the coming episodes.

Although it has been well said by others here, I would like to also register my heartfelt sympathy for Eun Dong. Rightly, she loathes JH. If there is a stronger word, I would use that. She has been abused mentally, her modesty outraged by forcing her to live as his wife to take care of his daily, intimate needs for 10 years! No way would she ever allow him to touch her again.

This drama touches on the love from 2 men for Eun Dong. Jae Ho's love is possessive, obsessive, at the expense of the happiness of Eun Dong, causing pain and suffering for himself, Eun Dong and all those close to them. Hyun Soo's love is about sharing, respect and trust for one another, making Eun Dong happy, caring for her welfare, thinking of her first. Ultimately, if it is a one-sided love, then it is best to acknowledge that if one tries hard enough and still fails and to move on. 

@ross27 About ED's father, I came to this conclusion because of the words mentioned by him to JH, he tried to reassure JH that ED was bound to him by their son Ra Il. When he said it, JH's facial expression changed... So to me, it was confirmation that JH had lied about being Ra Il's father and he knew, but the father wasn't looking at JH's face so that he didn't notice it. To me, if he knew about the real paternity, he wouldn't have said those words. He even put the grandson first...

I seen some people on the forum mentioning JH love for Ra Il and how JH is a great father that seems to sincerely care about the kid but could it be similar to his love for ED as JH before he knew that ED was writing the book about herself and HS seems like a great husband too, showing concern when ever he sees ED overworking herself and giving her comforting words when ED was feeling down.

Now that ED has got her memories back, the first thing she needs to do on her return from the mini vacation is to pack her stuff and move out of the house with Ra Il asap as she should now know how dangerous JH really is and that it is not beyond JH to harm either her or Ra Il, I see JH holding on to Ra Il hands while the kid was sleeping at the preview at the end of episode 9 and only god knows what evil thoughts and schemes he was hatching in that twisted mind of his and how he plans to use the kid to save his marriage to ED.

@ross27 About ED's father, I came to this conclusion because of the words mentioned by him to JH, he tried to reassure JH that ED was bound to him by their son Ra Il. When he said it, JH's facial expression changed... So to me, it was confirmation that JH had lied about being Ra Il's father and he knew, but the father wasn't looking at JH's face so that he didn't notice it. To me, if he knew about the real paternity, he wouldn't have said those words. He even put the grandson first...

I agree. That was how I read that scene. 

Guest gudetamayongg

Hi there, I made an account just to comment on this thread. Initially, this drama didn’t interest me at all due to its rather lackluster title and the plot’s focus on the whole ‘first love’ thing. I first thought this drama would be bland, cheesy, and a hot mess full of cringe-worthy moments, but nope. Nah. Oops. My prejudice got the better of me. My unfamiliarity of the main cast made me view the drama more objectively, without any bias. The directing and acting is top-notch, and just like a lot of you, I’d like to see more of the writer’s works in the future. I’d admit that I was turned off by a series of the plot’s clichéd points; orphaned MC, amnesia, crazy 2nd female lead, and evil stepparents, but EH-ED’s genuine and heartwarming love lulls me into their dream-like romance and it seems like it’ll never let me wake up. Their love and relationship is really intoxicating; I find myself waiting oh-so-eagerly for Fridays and I’d recommend this drama to everyone I know. It’s kinda crazy.

I was also unsure by its melodrama genre, as I am fonder of lighthearted, comedic dramas that ensure a happy ending. But seeing how the direction the story has gone through, I’m quite certain the ending will satisfy everyone (hopefully it’ll end with the realization of ED’s lifetime dream). I’m happy that we got complexly written characters (except for SR. She seems too cookie-cutterish to me) in spite of the seemingly simple ‘guy can’t get over his love for 20 years’ main plot. Like any other person, EH has imperfections. He’s not the perfect, flawless actor. He’s desperate and a bit demanding, but it’s understandable considering the fact that he had to wait 10 years. It’s sad to see him admit that he’s alone in his journey to get ED back, but hopefully, more people will take his and ED’s side. (DG, MS, Stepmom, and hopefully HA after she found out about the test results. And HB as well). And with ED getting her memories back, EH will no longer wait. Instead, he’ll fight for her. As for ED, I really get why EH said that she’s a 90 tailed fox hahaha. Who would’ve thought the passion filled overnight trip was initiated by her? I love that she’s a well-mannered cute girl with good morals, yet with a cheeky and daring edge as well. (Playing footsies under the table! Kinda funny seeing the older HS flustered.)

And while I’m more inclined to the theory that ED’s stepdad doesn’t know of RI’s true parentage, I’m convinced the Mom had at least a hunch that JH is not RI’s biological dad. During the few instances that ED had asked Mom about RI being her first love’s son, Mom would always deny the questions strongly. But unlike the certain Dad, Mom always looked flustered. Her expressions were of a lying person getting caught. Knowing ED better, Mom must’ve at least had a feeling that ED would never sleep with JH. I think Mom was too weak to defy her husband, and it’s refreshing to see that she’s slowly breaking out of his shell. And as for RI, I’m afraid JH might do something dangerous to him. (Remember the accident? JH was really violent in the car.) I’m scared RI will be physically harmed. He thinks highly of JH, and the only way to break the bond is for JH to show his real side. (But I’m sure EH will come to the rescue; RI did say that his dad is a superhero. Hehe.) Either way, RI’s heart will get scarred. Poor kid.

Anyway, rather than spewing more things you all already know about (it must’ve been hard for you guys to scroll this long…), Friday is in two days! I can’t wait to see EH & ED making up for 10 years’ worth of lost time lol, and also possibly the confirmation of RI’s real dad! The wait is killing meㅠㅠ

Hi there, I made an account just to comment on this thread. Initially, this drama didn’t interest me at all due to its rather lackluster title and the plot’s focus on the whole ‘first love’ thing. I first thought this drama would be bland, cheesy, and a hot mess full of cringe-worthy moments, but nope. Nah. Oops. My prejudice got the better of me. My unfamiliarity of the main cast made me view the drama more objectively, without any bias. The directing and acting is top-notch, and just like a lot of you, I’d like to see more of the writer’s works in the future. I’d admit that I was turned off by a series of the plot’s clichéd points; orphaned MC, amnesia, crazy 2nd female lead, and evil stepparents, but EH-ED’s genuine and heartwarming love lulls me into their dream-like romance and it seems like it’ll never let me wake up. Their love and relationship is really intoxicating; I find myself waiting oh-so-eagerly for Fridays and I’d recommend this drama to everyone I know. It’s kinda crazy.

I was also unsure by its melodrama genre, as I am fonder of lighthearted, comedic dramas that ensure a happy ending. But seeing how the direction the story has gone through, I’m quite certain the ending will satisfy everyone (hopefully it’ll end with the realization of ED’s lifetime dream). I’m happy that we got complexly written characters (except for SR. She seems too cookie-cutterish to me) in spite of the seemingly simple ‘guy can’t get over his love for 20 years’ main plot. Like any other person, EH has imperfections. He’s not the perfect, flawless actor. He’s desperate and a bit demanding, but it’s understandable considering the fact that he had to wait 10 years. It’s sad to see him admit that he’s alone in his journey to get ED back, but hopefully, more people will take his and ED’s side. (DG, MS, Stepmom, and hopefully HA after she found out about the test results. And HB as well). And with ED getting her memories back, EH will no longer wait. Instead, he’ll fight for her. As for ED, I really get why EH said that she’s a 90 tailed fox hahaha. Who would’ve thought the passion filled overnight trip was initiated by her? I love that she’s a well-mannered cute girl with good morals, yet with a cheeky and daring edge as well. (Playing footsies under the table! Kinda funny seeing the older HS flustered.)

And while I’m more inclined to the theory that ED’s stepdad doesn’t know of RI’s true parentage, I’m convinced the Mom had at least a hunch that JH is not RI’s biological dad. During the few instances that ED had asked Mom about RI being her first love’s son, Mom would always deny the questions strongly. But unlike the certain Dad, Mom always looked flustered. Her expressions were of a lying person getting caught. Knowing ED better, Mom must’ve at least had a feeling that ED would never sleep with JH. I think Mom was too weak to defy her husband, and it’s refreshing to see that she’s slowly breaking out of his shell. And as for RI, I’m afraid JH might do something dangerous to him. (Remember the accident? JH was really violent in the car.) I’m scared RI will be physically harmed. He thinks highly of JH, and the only way to break the bond is for JH to show his real side. (But I’m sure EH will come to the rescue; RI did say that his dad is a superhero. Hehe.) Either way, RI’s heart will get scarred. Poor kid.

Anyway, rather than spewing more things you all already know about (it must’ve been hard for you guys to scroll this long…), Friday is in two days! I can’t wait to see EH & ED making up for 10 years’ worth of lost time lol, and also possibly the confirmation of RI’s real dad! The wait is killing meㅠㅠ

That's why I also started really late watching the drama... Interesting is that HS' parents had never realised before why HS changed so suddenly his behavior. Only after reading the autobiography, they discovered the real reason. 

As for HB, he is already on EH's side now. He was upset about the sponsoring incident. Moreover  the reasons for his change of heart are:

- SR had threatened him 

- SR spoke so badly about ED

- He witnessed how devastated EH was (drinking soju)

- The new girl learning acting might have had an indirect influence on him too. 

I did but it doesn't work for me. I even tried saving a copy of the photo to my Google Photo and using that URL but to no avail. It usually hangs up after I click the INSERT INTO POST button. A few times it showed up on my posting (work in progress) but when I click the SUBMIT REPLY button, it doesn't show up when it's published. I'm perplexed.

Can anyone refer me to tech support and tips? In addition to inserting images, right now when I click QUOTE, the whole thread shows up and I think it's spamming when some posts are unrelated. Using example above, I only wanted to quote @xXMzSmilesXx but everything above came with it and while I can delete the words, I cannot delete the headers.

I got your back ;) Check your PM (personal message)!!

HAHAHA I don't know if I'm any help but attempting to help is better then not doing anything! So all I say is:

anigif_enhanced-buzz-11256-1419037504-4.

Hopefully! LOL

Hi chingu! 

I'll give you some love from three of my baes as a welcome "gif(t)" ;) (See what I did there LOL)

tumblr_inline_nmuur6uur41rdwo0h_500.gif

Yet another person to join Soompi because of this drama! I'm definitely sure you'll enjoy being part of this Soompi community!

Also you know what I think... this is actually "light" melodrama. It doesn't have too much angst, well what I consider angsty is drama like 'Stairway to Heaven', 'Can You Hear My Heart' and 'Secret'. So in comparison to those fellow dramas, this is actually pretty okay, not too much craziness that make you want to smash your screen and want to wring the necks of individual people. However, it has enough melodrama-ness (not a word) to make your FEELS go off! Like one minute I'm so happy that I think I'm skipping on rainbow and nek minute there's so much pain and sadness that I just don't know what hit me. It's good bipolar feels that this drama gives and the chemistry between the leads. HELLO SOMEONE PLZ CALL THE FIREFIGHTERS (one that is tall dark and handsome with rippled abs and an english accent is preferable ;)). 

MLED GIFS/IMAGES GALORE for your eyes to feast on!

I can't make em' (I honestly did try when I got really into Khun Chai Puttipat (thai lakorn - I recommend) lol) but I sure can share em' ;)

tumblr_nqs97qLAox1sq7hzoo1_540.gif

Credit: salistic

tumblr_nqs2dvpr1K1sq7hzoo3_400.gif tumblr_nqs2dvpr1K1sq7hzoo4_400.gif

tumblr_nqs2dvpr1K1sq7hzoo6_400.gif tumblr_nqs2dvpr1K1sq7hzoo5_400.gif

tumblr_nqs2dvpr1K1sq7hzoo1_400.gif tumblr_nqs2dvpr1K1sq7hzoo2_400.gif

tumblr_nqs2dvpr1K1sq7hzoo7_400.gif tumblr_nqs2dvpr1K1sq7hzoo8_400.gif

tumblr_nqru7bQExB1sq7hzoo1_400.gif tumblr_nqru7bQExB1sq7hzoo2_400.gif

tumblr_nqru7bQExB1sq7hzoo3_400.gif tumblr_nqru7bQExB1sq7hzoo4_400.gif

tumblr_nqru7bQExB1sq7hzoo6_400.gif tumblr_nqru7bQExB1sq7hzoo5_400.gif

tumblr_nqru7bQExB1sq7hzoo7_400.gif tumblr_nqru7bQExB1sq7hzoo8_400.gif

tumblr_nqrrnct5hb1sq7hzoo1_400.gif tumblr_nqrrnct5hb1sq7hzoo2_400.gif

tumblr_nqrrnct5hb1sq7hzoo3_400.gif tumblr_nqrrnct5hb1sq7hzoo4_400.gif

tumblr_nqrrnct5hb1sq7hzoo5_400.gif tumblr_nqrrnct5hb1sq7hzoo6_400.gif

tumblr_nqrrnct5hb1sq7hzoo7_400.gif tumblr_nqrrnct5hb1sq7hzoo8_400.gif

tumblr_nqo119U8421uzcwl8o1_540.png

tumblr_nqo119U8421uzcwl8o2_540.png

tumblr_nqo119U8421uzcwl8o3_540.png

tumblr_nqo119U8421uzcwl8o4_540.png

Credit: eundongquotes

LOL HS has been calling Choi "dog bastard" since their 20s, when he was ED's "boyfriend". That's HS personal nickname for Choi LOL

tumblr_nqnrceCDJ51sq7hzoo2_540.png

tumblr_nqnrceCDJ51sq7hzoo1_540.png

My Love, Eundong

tumblr_nqnmr09gSF1sq7hzoo1_540.png

tumblr_nqnmr09gSF1sq7hzoo2_540.png

Jung-eun is with another man. But… But I just can’t hate her.

tumblr_nql74woKVL1qkgj9mo2_400.jpg tumblr_nql74woKVL1qkgj9mo1_400.jpg

tumblr_nql74woKVL1qkgj9mo5_540.jpg

tumblr_nql74woKVL1qkgj9mo3_400.jpg tumblr_nql74woKVL1qkgj9mo4_400.jpg

How am I going to find you? If I have to look for you, how can I find you?

Credit: liveasbutterflies

tumblr_nprwezZIi31qf8nkao1_540.png

tumblr_nprwezZIi31qf8nkao2_540.png

My Love Eun Dong, Episode 2

When I heard you had a boyfriend, thinking of holding your hand like this was so difficult. But I don’t want to think like that anymore. I can’t give you up. I don’t expect anything else if your heart doesn’t feel the same way as mine. I bet it doesn’t yet. I’ll wait. I’ll match you, and control my heart.

Credit: jennyukari

tumblr_nq9nz3CoDk1sq7hzoo4_400.gif tumblr_nq9nz3CoDk1sq7hzoo1_400.gif

tumblr_nq9nz3CoDk1sq7hzoo2_400.gif tumblr_nq9nz3CoDk1sq7hzoo3_400.gif

tumblr_nq9nz3CoDk1sq7hzoo5_400.gif tumblr_nq9nz3CoDk1sq7hzoo6_400.gif

tumblr_nq9nz3CoDk1sq7hzoo8_400.gif tumblr_nq9nz3CoDk1sq7hzoo7_400.gif

Let’s just walk over there like this. Who knows, your memories might return. This hand was mine ten years ago.

tumblr_nq973uAEds1sq7hzoo1_400.gif tumblr_nq973uAEds1sq7hzoo8_400.gif

tumblr_nq973uAEds1sq7hzoo7_400.gif tumblr_nq973uAEds1sq7hzoo2_400.gif

tumblr_nq973uAEds1sq7hzoo4_400.gif tumblr_nq973uAEds1sq7hzoo3_400.gif

tumblr_nq973uAEds1sq7hzoo6_400.gif tumblr_nq973uAEds1sq7hzoo5_400.gif

tumblr_nq21quDEMy1sq7hzoo1_400.gif tumblr_nq21quDEMy1sq7hzoo8_400.gif

tumblr_nq21quDEMy1sq7hzoo3_400.gif tumblr_nq21quDEMy1sq7hzoo2_400.gif

tumblr_nq21quDEMy1sq7hzoo5_400.gif tumblr_nq21quDEMy1sq7hzoo6_400.gif

tumblr_nq21quDEMy1sq7hzoo7_400.gif tumblr_nq21quDEMy1sq7hzoo4_400.gif

Just like Eun Dong’s words, “A star that forms the latest, lasts the longest” if it means that the longer it takes to meet again, the more we’ll shine the brightest and longest… I will wait.

tumblr_nq227ul1v41sq7hzoo1_400.gif tumblr_nq227ul1v41sq7hzoo2_400.gif

tumblr_nq227ul1v41sq7hzoo3_400.gif tumblr_nq227ul1v41sq7hzoo4_400.gif

“I want to be wild, beautiful and free. Just like the sea”

tumblr_nqcyimOXol1rq6jqro6_250.gif tumblr_nqcyimOXol1rq6jqro1_250.gif

tumblr_nqcyimOXol1rq6jqro2_250.gif tumblr_nqcyimOXol1rq6jqro7_250.gif

tumblr_nqcyimOXol1rq6jqro4_250.gif tumblr_nqcyimOXol1rq6jqro3_250.gif

tumblr_nqcyimOXol1rq6jqro9_250.gif tumblr_nqcyimOXol1rq6jqro8_250.gif

tumblr_nqcyimOXol1rq6jqro5_250.gif tumblr_nqcyimOXol1rq6jqro10_250.gif

“Were you born to nail my heart?”

Credit: giveittotheocean

@xXMzSmilesXx, oh you can always tell me which scene you want to be "giffed" lol and I will do it^^

Welcome @gudetamayongg, welcome to this thread, feel free to spazz and speculate with us.

Like many of newcomers and me included, the premise sounded everything but interesting in fact I gave a shot and opened this thread ONLY because my bias was in it *cough* joo jin mo *cough* But you don't know how much I was wrong about it, not only I love this drama but it become one of my fav of this year alongside Punch and Angry Mom. 

And I think it's one the reasons the ratings don't want to increase, the premise turns off many people. 

July 1,2015        (started writing close to 1:00 AM)

Hello, everyone! 

Catching up with all your comments and only up to page 217 so far. I want to comment on two things before I fall behind again --- Hope they've not already been mentioned.    EDIT:...As I try to "catch up", I see my comments are falling farther behind!  I'm going to put them up anyway and hurry to catch up with all the new stuff (ex., KSR as #1 on the "Beautiful Body List".    :)

1.   Which 5 pages of the book did the adoptive Mom read?  I've been thinking it was the  first five pages , but others think it was the  last five pages  (@jadecloud, @awsparkle, @valsava).  I'm not sure whether or not it makes a difference --- just that the Mom didn't think he needed to read the entire book, maybe not his favorite thing to do, being an active-life-style sort of guy.

2.    @minki13880 posts so many great pictures for us.  I tried to find in them clues about what is happening with the filming of the drama.  So I noticed one  "Information  Sign"  with this bit of English: --- "Royal Tombs of the Joseon Dynasty".

Well, I had a great time with this lead --- but I think it may be a mistake and was just a place the blogger visited on her own,  On p.214 @lucy13880 put picture from a blog by "minki0508 (who shares so many great BTS pics ) and I clicked on that LINK.  There WAS a "Placard" with some Korean written on it and behind it I could see white trucks , people, etc looking like a film crew --- but "the royal tombs" was not right!

3.    I found out that I had skipped over p.211 somehow.  @seungshin, 0n p.211 what was Eun Ho (20s ?) reading on that page?  Must have been in the script for his first big acting part?

4.    Now I think you were correct, @seungshin, and Eun Dong may be staying with Mi Soo at the vacation rental MS's parents let her use located on "Jebudo Island" --- located on rugged west coast & approx. 1 hour via public transportation from Seoul   (aka Jeebo or Jeboo, per Viki subs,).   Also, I've found that Jedudo Island can be written as Jaebu-do ! So Viki subbers got it right, "in a way". The "way" being that if it's NOT written in HANGUL, you can write it a dozen ways in English !!&?   :huh:    Then is Jabudo Island  like saying  (a) "Jabu-do Island"  &   (b)"Jabu-island Island" ?   ( My guess?  Yes! )

Needless to say, I think meeting up with  Joo Jin Mo is the only good reason to go to to Jabudo Island,  instead of the beautiful Jaedo Island in the South Sea area.    Once I began looking online under the name, Jabudo Island, I found a LOT of write-ups and videos exclaiming over the Island.    But the "pathway" occurs daily, lasts approx. 6 hours, and is now a cement paved road for cars to drive to the island.   Vegetation covers the paved road &  the mudflats are huge. A small beach at one end of island.

I felt extra sorry for the person whose comment was full of excitement at seeing the "parting of the waters" when a bit of land was uncovered at low tide.  So happy!  Sadly, I think they believed they were going to witness the  phenomenon of the rushing waters of Myeongnyang Strait  between Jindo Island and Modo Island, the "Roaring Waters" of the movie about Admiral Yi Sun Shin! 

**********************************

(cont.)

5.    AMNESIA --- Been looking it up!.   (NOT anterograde type --- no problem with NEW memories)

Retrograde Amnesia - pre-existing memories are lost to conscious recollection. 

(1)      Organic or neurological causes  (damage to brain from physical damage, neurological disease, or  use of certain drugs)/

(2)      Functional or psychogenic  causes (psychological factors, such as mental disorder, post-traumatic stress, or psychological defence mechanisms).

(3)       A third type of amnesia, post-traumatic amnesia,  a state of confusion and memory loss that occurs after a traumatic brain injury.  Amnesia that occurs due to psychological causes is called psychogenic amnesia.

Note:...While not a usual cause of amnesia, intense stress and electro-convulsive therapy can sometimes cause amnesia.  Older memories usually return first.  But sometimes memory of events immediately before the brain trauma happened  may never be recalled.

Comment: --- I think the Writer studied AMNESIA very carefully before she wrote this drama.  I give up trying to out guess her on this now!      :P

FINAL COMMENT:... Maybe they did use electro-convulsive therapy !  I'm finding discussions and research papers online about the use of this treatment vs drug therapy for severe depression in a pregnant woman.  Instances show up where it is considered OK in all terms of pregnancy!  I can't tell what their final decision has been!  

But if Eun Dong was diagnosed with a severe mental disorder or serious depression, it may have been approved. Did she deny the story JH gave out?  Or deny having sex with him? Claim she could not be pregnant with him?  Was she not eating?  Etc

Good Night.   :(   Maybe her memory will not be recovered completely just yet? 

@xXMzSmilesXx, oh you can always tell me which scene you want to be "giffed" lol and I will do it^^

Welcome @gudetamayongg, welcome to this thread, feel free to spazz and speculate with us.

Like many of newcomers and me included, the premise sounded everything but interesting in fact I gave a shot and opened this thread ONLY because my bias was in it *cough* joo jin mo *cough* But you don't know how much I was wrong about it, not only I love this drama but it become one of my fav of this year alongside Punch and Angry Mom. 

And I think it's one the reasons the ratings don't want to increase, the premise turns off many people. 

The ratings were low first, they have increased a little since... the former drama on JTBC (Falling for Innocence) had the same ratings. Besides, this is a private channel so the ratings don't look so bad to me.

Episode Ratings

DateEpisodeNationwide
2015-05-2910.965
2015-05-3020.753
2015-06-0531.227
2015-06-0640.958
2015-06-1251.386
2015-06-1361.549
2015-06-1971.455
2015-06-2081.537
2015-06-2691.406
2015-06-27101.537

@gudetamayongg I joined Soompi Forums just for this drama too!  *high-5*  Everyone's so nice here!

@xXMzSmilesXx quote " Also you know what I think... this is actually "light" melodrama. It doesn't have too much angst, ...."  - You know what, I think lots of people were hesitant to start My Love Eun Dong because it was billed as a melo, and it had so many makjang elements (first love, amnesia, birth secrets, disapproving parents) in the storyline.  But I think it is a lot lighter than a lot of other "rom coms".  For example, Fated to Love You was cute and sweet, but the melo part was so so heavy.  I loved Heart to Heart and its premise was so cute, but again the "punchline" was so heavy I felt so sad during the end of episodes.   And Angry Mom, oh my that was fun but a lot heavier than what I thought it was being billed as.

I only watched MLED because I accidentally came across the webisodes and got totally sucked in by the 10's HS and ED (my heart still trembles each time they replay Junior calling out "Eun Donga" on top of that hill and promising to find her and hoping that she is living well"!)  I find enjoyment in MLED's heavier plot points because Writer-Nim always gives us a glimpse at a timely and satisfying resolution which makes them interesting hurdles rather than obstacles that drag the storyline out.  

The ratings were low first, they have increased a little since... the former drama on JTBC (Falling for Innocence) had the same ratings. Besides, this is a private channel so the ratings don't look so bad to me.

Episode Ratings

It's more on the fact that MLE is popular like really popular, popularity-wise it's not even comparable to FFI which has at the end of the day the same ratings, so knetz don't understand why with this popularity the ratings aren't 3-5 %...

You can compare that (different scale of course) with, Kill Me Heal Me and Healer, two highly popular dramas with low-ratings.

Awww your so sweet! Thanks for the offer! :wub:

Archived